We Own The Night

We Own The Night

Yonkers, New York :: Actors Joaquin Phoenix, 31, and Eva Mendes, 32, filmed scenes from the set of their latest flick We Own The Night (Release Date :: TBD 2007) this past Tuesday. Christopher Walken and Mark Wahlberg also co-star in this movie written and directed by James Gray. Walken will play the patriarch of a cop family. While one son (Wahlberg) followed in his footsteps, the other is the black sheep (Phoenix) who’s become manager of a club controlled by the Russian mob. Mendes will play the love interest of the manager, who is caught up in the nightclub world. More pictures in the gallery!

joaquin phoenix eva mendes01

• Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Derek Hail @ 03/16/2006 at 7:32 pm

I hope this is going to be a good movie. I like Phoenix and Mendes. Phoenix was pretty phenominal in Gladiator all though that was a long time ago, thats the most memorable role I know he’s played.With regard to Mendes, she’s just hot and easy on the eyes.My Blog Derek Hail’s Blog

Anyone know when/where they’ll be filming in the city? I believe they’re in the Bronx right now.. I’d love to be able to see them film in the city if possible..

She makes me sick.

Mateo de Acosta @ 03/16/2006 at 9:29 pm

Sounds like a good movie. Anything Walken does is alright by me.

dwight4ever @ 03/17/2006 at 12:09 am

my favorite phoenix role was his role in "to die for" w/ nicole kidman.

phoenix is soo cute!!!!

Hedda_Hoppers_Ghost @ 03/17/2006 at 3:23 am

I figured those intial pics of them were business related, here they are making a movie. Good! Looking forward to a little Phoenix in my future. :-)

WOW!!! Eva Mendez keeps lookin hotter!!!

He is a great actor.. Derek H. watch "Walk the line" Phoenix plays Johnny Cash in that movie and did a great job…

Jaoquin’s hot but that cleftlip scar has got to go. Can’t he have that scar removed????

They already made this movie….The Yards

thanx for the new pics…can’t wait to see the movie

Anyone know where in Yonkers? Would love to see the set if possible.

veronica dorch @ 03/18/2006 at 10:40 am

Shut up a–h— about JP,s scar.That scar is what makes him unique and hot He is an exellent actor .

veronica dorch @ 03/18/2006 at 10:47 am

shut up idiot about JP,s scar. That scar is what makes him unique and hot. JP is an exellent actor.

anastasia @ 03/18/2006 at 1:51 pm

wi_girl:He does not have a cleftlip scar! He was born withthat mark on his upperlip. As a face reader-i like to think of it as an overdefined philthrum-as relates to magnetic sexuality in his private lifei would like to prophasize Phoenix and Mendes children in the future. What a *****.

hey everyone,I love the fact that Joaquin has that scare he is very proud of it.it truley does make him unique.This movies seem like it is going to be great every movie he makes is.

Just so you know what makes the guy special its that he don’t want to make his looks better hes happy the way he and is a nice guy and into his acting, and I hope he dose meet a nice women and be happy because thats what lifes about.

Joaquin is the greatest actor of his generation, hands down! You can see him in Walk the Line, Ladder 49, Signs, Buffalo Soldiers, The Village, It’s All About Love, Inventing the Abbotts, Quills, Gladiator, The Yards, 8MM, U-Turn, To Die For, Clay Pidgeons, Lost in Paradise, Parent Trap….. to name a "few." Each role is a totally different character and he aces every one of them. He is a very gifted young man. I’m sure his parents are very proud of him as well as his sisters and… me of course. Phyl

He was not in Parent Trap he was in Parenthood with Steve Martin. I love his scar as well, and it’s not cleff lip. Also, if he and Eva are really together I find them both discusting as she is in a long standing relationship. I don’t think she’s all that hot, man she needs to fix her teeth!!

Are you kidding? That scar is gross! And I am in the medical field thank you, and yes, that is a very typical cleft lip scar. Just cause he doesn’t want to admit he had a birth defect in his bio’s. Really, it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Just cause your in the medical field doesn’t mean anything. It only means you think you can pass judgement on someone elses disability. *****

If you have ever been witness to a cleft lip scar they are much bigger then that. And really who cares if that is what it is. Your attitude towards it is probably why he doens’t admit it if that is even true.

Joaq This Way @ 03/22/2006 at 1:29 pm

Marie, you’re psycho. All wi_girl said was that it was nothing to be ashamed of. And it isn’t. Seriously, if Eva needs to get her teeth fixed, so does Joaquin, because the tooth below his scar is busted! He’s hot as hell, but that doesn’t mean he has to be perfect. Get over it guys. Damn.

Joaq this way. Maybe you need to go back and read what she wrote. She said that scar was "gross" and she is in the medical field thank you very much. I may be physico for voicing my opinion, but you must be unable to read in complete sentences to have missed her rude description.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All