Madonna W Magazine

Madonna W Magazine

Who’s that girl? Madonna‘s multiple personalities collide in the upcoming issue of W magazine, on stands in New York Friday (nationwide on May 19). The singer’s proper English horsewoman meets the sexy Material Girl and Boy Toy in a 58-page photo spread. The singer, 47, joined six stallions on a Hollywood soundstage for a shoot with photographer Steven Klein, their second collaboration for W. Just eight months ago, Madonna was injured when she was thrown from a horse.

As any equestrian worth her jodhpurs can tell you, the relationship between a woman and her horse transcends the boundaries of sport. There’s often lovesick devotion involved (witness the bedroom walls of many twelve-year-old girls, where photos of Arabians crowd out the boy-band posters) and at times even a touch of the erotic (Lady Godiva, anyone?). When the woman in question is Madonna, one can expect the dynamic to get even more complicated. Unafraid, leather-clad and in the best shape of her life, the material girl, whose Confessions tour kicks off in Los Angeles on May 21, was ready to take the reins.

UPDATE :: Added almost 30 new images from Madonna‘s W Magazine spread in the gallery!  Hit refresh.

Among the images: a topless Madonna in fishnet stockings,
long leather gloves and riding crop; the singer dressed in black,
cavorting with a horse on the sand; Madonna pulling a horse’s tail.
madonna w magazine01
madonna w magazine25
madonna w magazine26
madonna w magazine27
madonna w magazine28
madonna w magazine29

Getty

LOL!!!!Madonna continues to remain Madonna. Seems like W is the magazine to get these days.

Her back is ******* gross. She’s a he

There is nothing attractive abou that back, only a bisexual husband would get turn on by it.

i think she’s attactive, in an androgynous sort of way

Lohan Roberto @ 05/03/2006 at 5:29 pm

I don’t like her no more.

chachados @ 05/04/2006 at 9:13 am

please feed her. like really, lay her down and force feed her. she is like scary old. very hard and i can imagine guy trying to hit that and just losing and eye or something with her pointy man bones. yech. i liked when she was a little juicier.

I get x’s for pictures

Fixed, meme! Thanks for the heads up.

if i were her, i wouldn’t let them publish the pic of my back.

HELLO STUPID PPL. Let’s see your back at 48 for W magazine. SHUT tha F%^K UP. DEAL Cheers!

suck it up bitch @ 05/05/2006 at 2:25 pm

Hey – can you change the title to "Madonna WHORES around"? It would be more accurate.

I think she looks fabulous. She got a lot of years on me, and I wish my back was so well defined.

She is gross. Her back looks like the raodmap of Paris.

coffeegod @ 05/05/2006 at 3:10 pm

Ewww and ewww. Does she not realize her 15 minutes were up loooong ago? Sweetie, as one in her mid 40s as well, even skinny it ain’t pretty. Get your clothes back on girl and keep them that way.

suk this up bitch @ 05/05/2006 at 3:25 pm

look in the mirror sweetie. Ewwww is right.

Well…..the horses are gorgeous. Her back is revolting. She looks like an anorexic body builder.

Yegods, what the hell is going on with her back? That’s not normal. And it’s not because of her age, because my mother is 62 and her back still looks normal. I mean, she hasn’t worn a bikini in a while, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t look like THAT.

"Does she not realize her 15 minutes were up loooong ago? "Madonna and the term "15 minutes" should NEVER be used together. Hell, she’s a legend, icon and THE Queen of Pop. She has a proven track record so she can’t just simply be dismissed as a "15=minute" celebrity. Ridiculous!

Hmm out of like 40 pictures 2 of which show he back and that is all we can talk about. Very sad. I think the pictures are artistic and amazingly well done. I think she is great and to those who think she is not relevant . . . take a look at the comments. Looks like she still create dialog after all these years. Pretty relevant to me.

Ale Ferro @ 05/05/2006 at 4:19 pm

she looks amazin! the pics are incredible!

Does anyone else think of THE RING when you see these photos

Info for all @ 05/05/2006 at 5:45 pm

Interestingly – Madonna in an interview some 10 years ago said her back was her favorite part of her body because it was so well-defined. She chose these shots because she loves the definition.Not that I agree – its just what i remember her saying.

Forget her back–what’s up with white women/girls and the sexualization/fetishization of horses? Where’s that come from? Artist Deborah Bright did a series, "Being and Riding," about it. http://www.deborahbright.com/Seriously, I’m really curious.

Why is it that each and every time there is an article on Madonna, I feel like I should flush it? She is self absorbed and indecent. I understand that this is an image that has gotten her very far in her life HOWEVER she is in her late forties now and there is or should be some sense of decency. Does she have a great body for a woman her age? Absolutley, but sometimes more is better and personally I think it would have been far more attractive to have a bit more than less clothing. The whips, chains and black leather are getting old and tiring and so is she. Could anyone honestly say that it would not have been better not to mention classier if she had dressed more appropriately for this photo shoot? A horsewoman myself, the Andalusians are a strikingly beautiful, majestic and very expensive breed. They add more class than the human does in this photo shoot.

Thanks to all of you who have enough intelligent perspective to recognize an icon when you see one. These pictures prove just how amazing an artist Madonna truly is. 20 or so years after coming onto the scene, she is just as relevant, brilliant, beautiful, and able to make a statement as she ever has been. That deserves respect.

What is that she is grabbing hold of on the horse. She probably has grabbed hold of more than that.

anon y mous @ 05/05/2006 at 10:43 pm

has anyone ever read the play Equus by Peter Schafer?

anon y mous @ 05/05/2006 at 10:44 pm

because thats exactly what this **** is.

design_officer @ 05/05/2006 at 11:02 pm

i wish my back looked like that. then again i’m a guy.

Wow Amazing! She Looks So Young and Sexy!!I love this Pics!

I Think this Photo is HOT.She’s Queen of Pop:)I can’t wait her Tour:)

I can’t Belive she’s almost 50! She’s Beautiful.Just Beautiful!!Wow!!wow!!Wow!

Ok, so she has muscles in her back from all that f-ing yoga. Out of all those pics, you’re looking at the back? Anyone ewwwed out about the bridle on the face and the "I-wanna-f**k-my-horse" stuff. Ick. I don’t know which bothers me more, the ewe factor in the pics, or the lack of what’s really gross.

gossippando.it @ 05/06/2006 at 11:10 am

i love Madonna…and i’ll be at Confession Tour in Rome on 6 august….Great……bye from Italy

Way to go GZ, very well said.It takes a great deal of training, respect and trust to teach a horse to accept human contact in this manner. We are talking hours and hours of training here people. To see this trust used in such a way cheapens the entire process.To those of you that consider this to be art, I feel for you. What really is the difference between this and something one may see in a beastiality flick? Exactly what statement is she making here Duke? Since you are so much more intelligent than the rest of us, I would love to hear your spin on this. What exactly is so brilliant about this? I would imagine in every closet, dark corner or lonely motel room there is some totally uneducated pervert with these images dancing in his head. It doesn’t take a brilliant, beautiful person to come up with trash like this, I would argue it takes the opposite. The vast majority of our population would find something very wrong with this. Maybe, just maybe if there is any decency left in this world that we share, this will be viewed for what it is worth.

her dedication to her physical form amazes me. self disipline and being so intune with ones body must bring some form of enlightenment. though i can’t say that madonna displays any. the pictorial is entirely predictable, and nothing shocking or suprising coming from her, just another attention grab. though in all fairness, how much does one really change with age, the way one sees themselves, what they enjoy, or find sexy probably doesn’t change that much. as to if it’s decent or apropriate, i think is a sociatal mind set, which i feel no one is obligated to adhere to.

Those who are turning this photo shoot into some kind of endorsement of beastiality? Well, I guess that says more about your mind than anything.

MY EYES!!! @ 05/06/2006 at 4:05 pm

EW! For Christ’s sake MADONNA! (what an oxy moron). Her back and butt look HORRID! Her butt looks like an old lady’s butt! Please STOP! Stop showing us your friggin butt! I like the photos of her with the white horse. But the topless one…. okay…. guy ritchie must be sleeping with a man every night.

Poor Lourdes @ 05/06/2006 at 4:11 pm

First of all, regarding the beastiality bit. OF COURSE, IT LOOKS LIKE BEASTIALITY! What the hell did you think people were going to say? You think the photog & Madonna weren’t insinuating that or atleast KNEW it?? Art, my a**. This is what you call art? It looks HORRIBLE! Madonna looks like a man. Not only is her acting bad but she doesn’t even know how to pose or model without looking fake! Lourdes must be embarassed. Do these celebrities even know that they have kids who might be seeing this? These photos look ridiculous!

Well, the horses are beautiful! Her back is freaking crazy! Being naked in a horse stall is a bit weird, but what else would you expect from madge?

Rainy Night @ 05/06/2006 at 8:00 pm

She’s hiding her face. The pics are touched up. There is no way her butt cheeks are that cut from her thigh. Whatever. I wish I had her intuition and talent. What a life she’s had. She’s cool. I saw her on Ellen at the Grammy’s and she was really down to earth. I have always been loved her.

For anyone that has seen her lately, it is very obvious that these pics are touched up. She has just as many crow feet and facial wrinkles as any other 48 year old woman. Knowing that, it makes me wonder how much retouching they did with the rest of the photos. If she wants to look like a man, I guess that is her perogative. I just wonder why you would want to look like a man and then sell yourself as a female *****.

She’s still get peoples attention!! It’s Rock!Look at the all the replies!! It’s Amazing~! How many People still interesing about MADONNA and Posting reply!It’s Amazing.:)

PLEASE RETIRE MADONNA! Never have I seen someone who needs forever attention to feel complete. So sad. Your time has passed, and quite frankly, sooo sick of you!!!

PLASTIC MADONNA @ 05/07/2006 at 12:46 am

Plastic surgery and man arms, madonna has already retired.Why won’t lame fashion magazine stop photographing her?

you guys are crazy to think her time has past. She’s still awesome even if she is an old lady. People still pay attention to her lno matter what she does.

We all love her @ 05/07/2006 at 10:49 am

Because We all Love her!That’s FACT!!!We Love her!!:)

She cant even stay on a horse without getttin bucked off………lmao.yuk.never liked her..

I think the way she’s trying to get attention when it’s obviously that her time as a "sexsymbol" in the public eye is over is pretty poor and very sad. And pic 8 (with her back) is really disgusting!Maybe she should pay more attention to her children and less to herself and how to destroy herself and name even more…

’bout the 15-minutes thing.Yes, Madonna IS a 15-minute celebrety. i dont get it. Why is it that if a popular artist of the eighties makes a comeback they are suddenly icons. it happen to effing metallica who got a big mainstream hit with black album, then they laid back for a few years and came back with load (…of crap) and suddenly they are these "icons of rock". Sure they were big, but not ICON-big. Madonna was a a-list artist in the eighties, but so was peter gabriel and no-one coinsideres him an icon. 8he also made a large contribution to the music industry. especially with his vivid videos)Beatles, Elvis, Beethoven, MJ – these are icons. (even if MJ is a child molester), madonna is just a media ***** who didnt die.

I think the horses are the prettier ones in these pictures honestly.

I CAN'T SEEEEEEEE @ 05/08/2006 at 12:57 am

OH…AH! HELP ME! HELP ME, PUHLEEASE! MY EYES! MY EYES!! I CAN’T SEEE! I’M BLIIIIIND!!!! WHY, JARED, WHY? NO MORE TORTURE, PLEASE! THIS IS, THIS IS HORRIFYING TO LOOK AT! OH MOTHER MARY, HELP ME! I’M ABOUT TO FAINT! SOMEONE GET ME TO A HOSPITAL!

SUSAN SARANDON @ 05/08/2006 at 5:14 am

I LIKE THAT HER BODY IS TONED. I WANT A TONED BODY LIKE THAT BUT MY BODY IS MORE CURVY THAN TONED – WHICH THE BOYS DON’T COMPLAIN, YOU KNOW?THAT SAID, I THINK SHE IS TOO TOO TOO MUSCULAR. IT LOOKS LIKE A MAN’S BODY. YOU KNOW WHO HAS A GREAT OLDER WOMAN’S BODY? SUSAN SARANDON. ALL CURVES AND BOOBS – GORGEOUS!!!!!

Celine Dion @ 05/08/2006 at 5:17 am

Madonna is a smart business woman – and in that sense an icon. But she can’t sing for her life. Her voice sucks!!!!!! Have you ever heard her live? Awful. Even her fans know this but they go to her shoes to dance and hav ea good time. If you want a real singer – Madonna is not the one. No one can argue that her voice is weak. It’s all enhanced by technology. I’d like to put her up against Barbra Streisand or Patti Labelle. That ***** would pee in her pants.

Mounara i mantona

Queen of POP @ 05/08/2006 at 6:19 am

She’s a QUEEN OF POP.She’s Still Push the button of People.I’m so proud of that.Look at the all the post!Shock! Still People want to talk about Madonna.

The one with Madonna puffing a ciggartette, reclined atop the horse? If there is another action more symbolic of just having had sex than reclining and puffing a ciggy in western society, please let me know.Mouthing the horsewhip? This whole thing is disgusting, from the gross manyness of her musculature, to the albino pigment in her shriveled bone-sack of a body, down to the Equus-reenactment. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwadeword!

andrinaaldape @ 05/08/2006 at 2:04 pm

Her back muscles remind me of that stupid angel’s wings in Constantine,

she will never change love here always she’s the best there is

Wilburrrrrr @ 05/08/2006 at 2:21 pm

She still has to jack off a horse.

She is gross. Gapped toothed anorexic hag. If these were not all photoshopped and retouched, you’d all be blowing chunks.

Mii luff joeee @ 05/08/2006 at 2:39 pm

aaaww ******* horny i lufff it , so much i cant stand it i need to get a ****** aah hot

"Yes, Madonna IS a 15-minute celebrety. i dont get it. Why is it that if a popular artist of the eighties makes a comeback they are suddenly icons."Um, because Madonna’s fame and success lasted well beyond the 80s. She’s widely considered to be an icon and a legend. She’s one of the most famous and widely photographed women in the world, is one of the highest selling female artists in music history, and is one of the, if not the, biggest female music artists of all time. To read your post, one would think Madonna is some one-hit wonder from the 80s. The fact is she has a proven track record and has been very successful in the 80s, 90, and 00s. Her latest album was one of the top 10 highest selling albums in the world in 2005 even though it only came out in November. "Madonna was a a-list artist in the eighties, but so was peter gabriel and no-one coinsideres him an icon. " And Madonna was also an A-list artist in the 90s and is still an A-list star today. Why do you think she was chosen to open the Grammy Awards this year? Judging by your post, I don’t think you know much about Madonna or her career.

Madonna is an 80′s artist who made a comeback? What about the 90′s? At least make an attempt to be factual. She is really skinny, but I wish I were that toned.

Madonna will never be over, they say that for the last 20 years she is over. but she will start the best selling world tour ever in about 3 weeks.

Station Agent @ 05/11/2006 at 10:26 am

She’s a man, baby!

isn’t she too old for this kinda stuff?!?!?

I think that this is horrid. I have two horses of my own and I have riden all my life and I have never viewed horses in the way that Madonna portrays them in these photos. You know that black horse had to be drugged to take those photos lying down. I am appalled by this. I think that she should be reported to the humane society. There is no sense in this. She is a sick person to do this. I have always admired her before this, but she has totally lost all of my respect now!

Originele paardrijkleding staat haar beter dat dit.

damaadonis @ 05/13/2006 at 11:08 am

yes, madonna is 48 and judging from most of the comments, the average age for the people who post will be 10–esp the ones that start with ewwwwwwww.besides the fact that people forget about how good her music can be, they also forget about her message–******* TOLERANCE.

Het wordt tijd voor een gesprekje met J.P.G.

Freddy "Beach" Co @ 05/14/2006 at 11:18 pm

Where’s the bare boobs. I paid good money to see the bare boobs. I want bare boobs. Damn it all to hell. I don’t care if she’s 50 or 60. I want bush boobs and butt, not horses and jive ****.

Yes Madonna is sexy girl , I like Madonna in Playboy pics http://www.playboy.lg.ua

eli sometimes @ 05/18/2006 at 2:47 pm

wow.. again i find that the only media from this lady i have enjoyed in the past 3/4 years isn’t her music but her collaboration with steven klein…i’m not here to kvetch, rather just wish that she would do more photo/video work like this and the x-static process!! it’s the edgiest of all her output and most spirited.

eli sometimes @ 05/18/2006 at 2:56 pm

okay.. questions about animal handling come up and they are VERY valid. i’d like to know more. also, i don’t understand why in all the posts there is such a narrow minded view of beauty? why can’t a beautiful woman in her 40′s have a little fun and exploit us in the process??? i’d be making photos like this if i had the economic access.. and if any of you had a artistic bone in your body you might be a little more accepting. *yawn*

Great work from Steven Klein!

Not enough face, it’s all crotch and horses. WTF?

darlings, why do you care anyway? are you positive or negative, ying or yang, your opinion doesn’t matther for a women who has been in the spotlight for more than +-30 years, she deservervs some credits anyway, even we, normal people like to be associated with…young ness, good looking, thin, young, fabulous…maybe even rich, the highest trees always catch the most wind…that’s a Dutch expression, so even when te church (one of the churches) gives her opinion…why? if she’s just a singer, why do they care? anyway, looking forward to a great show in paris! And by the way, why do you take the time to crack her down if she’s not important according to you? Jealous? ………….. nobody’s perfect sweety, but love your sister , because love makes the world go round x

think about it @ 06/12/2006 at 10:59 am

The fact that 80-some posts commented on the pics is a sign that she did exactly what she wanted — get your attention and get you thinking. This woman is still relevant as an artist, whether you like what she is doing or not. The fact that you don’t like it is the point — as #73 damaadonis said, she is saying that there are all kinds in the world and open your mind and hearts. Whoever said she was making a comeback from being an ’80′s singer is a ridiculous misinformed fool. She has NEVER been out of the spotlight in 25 years, and continues to spark dialogue and interest and controversy. And the person comparing her singing to Patti Labelle and Barbra Streisand also doesn’t get it. She has always admitted that she is not a great singer, but that she has something to say and that is the medium she uses to do it. The message is more important than the voice.I don’t particularly care for these photos, but I understand what she is doing here and it obviously worked with all the hacked-off people on here expressing their shock and discomfiture. And those who think she is too old to be sexually explicit anymore are also exactly who she is trying to reach. You can be sexual at any age — the idea that you hit 40 and close up shop and cover yourself and stop thinking about sex or bodies is ridiculous and needs to be addressed and she is addressing it. There are some people who try to be provocative and you just shake your head and move on, and they are ignored. But like it or not, Madonna is in your face and making you react and think and talk about what she is doing. THAT is an artist, at any age.

Asombroso!!!..apesar de tener 47 ella se ve radiante~Excelntes fotos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can talk whatever you want.She’s THE QUEEN! no one does it better than Madonna

You can talk whatever you want.She’s THE QUEEN! No one does it better than Madonna.

The lady looks good for someone her age. And as for the muscles… she does that on purpose. She likes her muscular build. That’s part of who she is. And her build fluctuates incredibly… one day she could have some meat on her bones, next day she looks like she could scare arnold scwarzenegger away. I’m a guy in my teens, and I would still, definately hit that! (a straight one, btw)

just wanted some pics of madonna, thanx,apriciate it

sick c legs @ 02/28/2008 at 10:26 pm

i dont get her age, unlike most she seems to get *younger*.!—–there was a time a few years back when she and I were the same age, now it seems MY bithdays have regularly appeared and the big 50 arrived—-*but* madame mads’ have been passing her by ?mmmm. :?

those equines are gonna be in need of therapy, I thought there were laws about animal abuse.

Go do your Art with something that isnt a living breathing thing, like a rock maybe, what *did* those poor equines do to deserve THAT!!!!

Yeah, madame mads laughs all the way to the bank…..but she wont be ‘laughing’ when her kids are older and dying of embarrassment, thats if they havnt already !

Pity those with egos.