American Idol 5 - Top 2

American Idol 5 - Top 2

As expected, Elliott Yamin, the 27-year-old aspiring singer from Richmond, Virginia was sent home last night during American Idol‘s results show.  UNEXPECTEDLY, the voting came down to 33.68%, 33.26%, and 33.06% from a total of 50 million votes. It was the first time in American Idol history, that we know of, that produced a winning result by mere decimal places!!!  The final two (pictured above) are Taylor Hicks, 29, from Birmingham, Alabama, and Katharine McPhee, 21, from Sherman Oaks, California.  It’s going to be a heckuva Taylor vs. Katharine showdown next week!!!!!!!!  Many more pictures in the gallery!

This Ryan Seacrest and Zac Efron (High School Musical)
picture cracks me up!!!!!!  Ashley Tisdale pictued to right.
american idol top 2 01
american idol top 2 26
american idol top 2 27
american idol top 2 28
american idol top 2 29
american idol top 2 30

This show SUCKS ! @ 05/18/2006 at 1:05 pm

They ****** suck big time !!

isn’t funny that that’s the closest taylor is ever going to get to a woman?

Katherine deserved to go home. Elliot should have stayed that was total BS! This show is so fixed its not even funny, I bet anyone that Katherine wins next week cause she is more marketable to a young crowd. Shes all T&A thats it no talent. Elliot sang much better than she did 3 weeks in a row, dumb ***** couldnt even remember the lyrics to the Elvis song she was skinging. TAYLOR should win next week and if he doesnt, everyone will know how fixed American Idol is. Taylor is an entertainer Katherine just sucks.

Taylor is a TOOL and A.I. officially sucks with him in the top 2.

Katharine looks a little like Sophia Bush, esp in the 9th picture.

Southernsweetie @ 05/18/2006 at 3:37 pm

Love me some Sweet-Tay!! Taylor is so entertaining, lovable and a humble southern gentleman (who also happens to be a funky soul brother)…. just the opposite of Katherine who is so contrived and boring !! PLEASE AMERICA NO MORE PRETTY POP CHICKS WITH NO DEPTH!! I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THEM ALL!!We need some real heart in soul in American music and finally we’ve been graced with Taylor Hicks. He is a refreshing drink of cold water to this music lover who is thursting to death for some real soulful music that moves me to my core!! If you have not heard Taylor’s original music go to graycharlesdotcom for a real treat.. you wont be sorry!!GO TAYLOR!! CANT WAIT FOR YOUR NEWEST CD AND TO SEE YOU RIP A RUG IN MY HOMETOWN!!

Elliott fan @ 05/18/2006 at 3:59 pm

I can’t believe elliott got sent home. That’s some real bullshit. I plan on voting a bunch for taylor just because Katherine should have went home last night.

I HATE this Top 2…I hope something goes wrong and neither of them win!

Jared it wasn’t a total of 5 million votes it was 50 million votes. BTW the top 2 should have been Elliott and Katharine. Go Kat! All she needs is another "moment" and it’s in the bag. Sorry soul patrol but Taylor is not A.I. material. Isn’t this the search for the next big POP Star. Taylor is not POP at all.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed when Elliot left. I thought that it should have been him and Taylor in the finals. Hopefully Taylor wins it all. I do have to admit though that the pictures of Kat and Taylor together are so cute! They have great chemistry (as seen in the medley where they danced together), and i’m looking forward to their duets. GO TAYLOR!!!

Thanks for catching that, Ed!

i hate this show chris deserved to win

# 3 | liz | May 18, 2006 02:06 PM I agree Liz! Elliott shouldnt have gone home before Screechy McPhee! E’s got loads of talent, and despite always being ignored by the media and TPTB, he managed to get to Top3 by his great talent alone! He’s a very genuine person as well! I’d definitely support Elliott’s career, buy his cd’s bec honestly, he’s the only one worth listening to. I believe he will have a long and fruitful career ahead of him.

So disappointed! It should’ve been Elliott! Can’t believe Taylor is staying. Yuck. This year has been very disappointing.

I Love Chris better than the two.. Can you imagine what type of music can they produce for taylor? he’s goood though.. but probably wont hit the billboard charts.. whatever.. Still a Chris fan =)

Lady_orchid @ 05/19/2006 at 8:10 pm

#15 comment, first of all Chris sucked! If he wasn’t he would have made the top 2. People reallised that he’s a copy cat especially the incident with not giving "Live" the credit to "walk the Line" and he got caught red handed! Don’t forget how damn cocky he is when he performs, he deserved to be booted out, before Kat or Elliot. Elliot didn’t fight as hard as he did the week before and that was why he didn’t make it to top 2 and probably because Simon has that super machine to dial up numbers for Katherine to make it. We all know that Taylor has been the only one who has been consistent and was never at the bottom 3 ever so I would expect Taylor to win. I would pay to see Taylor anyday than Kat’s Broadway/Pagent style of singing. And who could forget how rude Simon was to Taylor on his audition in Vegas. He’s busted his ass and has worked so hard and the guy can sing any song and make it his version with feeling and passion. So, Go Taylor!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, those numbers being so close are bullcrap! Just a pawn to get people to vote more.

Lady_orchid @ 05/19/2006 at 8:11 pm

I am still effin pissed that Elliott got eliminated. It should have be Katherine instead. Elliott should have won the whole damn thing, dangit.Seeing the growth that Eliott has made is amazing. He looks great, (not that he was bad to begin with) and every week he is consistent. The numbers being so, bull. Elliott was robbed, robbed i tell you!

Never in a million years did I expect Katharine to make it to the top 2. I am so happy for her. She deserves to take the whole thing! An Elliot/Katharine finale would have been the best in Idol history, but I will settle for a Katharine/Taylor finale. I am really looking forward to her doing Over the Rainbow and Black Horse and a Cherry Tree again.This should be one hell of a show.

JENNY GURL @ 08/19/2006 at 9:52 pm

HEY ZAC NOT TO BOTHER YOU BUT YOU SHOULD READ PAGE THREE ON THAT PICTURE THAT SAYS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL FEVER PAGE 3. #244 SIGNED JENNY GURL

waaat were ashley and zac on a date that time>???