Ryder Robinson: Kate Hudson's Son

Ryder Robinson: Kate Hudson's Son

Kate Hudson was on The Early Show this morning to promote her latest film, You, Me and Dupree (it opened this past Friday).  Kate described her filming experience:  "It was unbelievable. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder with anybody (than Owen Wilson) I really — you know, I really like to laugh and, God, he just got me. There were some scenes I couldn’t even get through. It made a lot of people frustrated! …Matt [Dillon] was really funny, too. But his sort of straight and determined focus, in context, is quite funny."  Above is mommy Kate Hudson (married to musician Chris Robinson) sipping Jamba Juice and walking with her 3-year-old son Ryder this past weekend.  More pictures in the gallery!

ryder robinson kate hudson son01
ryder robinson kate hudson son15
ryder robinson kate hudson son16
ryder robinson kate hudson son17
ryder robinson kate hudson son18

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

she’s such a cool chick… love her

Her son has gorgeous hair!!

I saw this movie over the weekend and it was funny and cute. She is absolutely beautiful.

Mother of a Son @ 07/17/2006 at 1:30 pm

Don’t know what they are thinking leaving that child’s hair like that. Parents who "make statements" with their children make me sad. Let him look like a little boy! Oh, and the pacifier? Do him a BIG favor, Kate…lose the pacifier and the "goldilocks" identity for your little boy.

i love kate and all, but she really needs to cut ryder’s hair.

Mother of a son doesnt it relly matter if ryder doesnt wear his dummy all day he wont effect him it only will if he has it while speaking and plus maybe Ryder likes his hair like that would you like to upset your son by sutting his hair just to what you call make his look like a boy

kate said herself she’s leaving it to grown until he is 3 years old *hes 2* because she has hasidic jewish ancestry on her mothers side, and they do not cut their childrens hair until 3, plus shes a hippie and so is her husband they’re just passin it on to him

Haha, i thought it was a girl!

Oh pleeeeease, give me a break — her mother pratices Buddism (spelling?). Let’s cut the excuses. Cut that boy’s hair and have him look like a boy and not a girl. Once he’s old enough to make his own decisions, he can grow it as long as he wants. Maybe it’s just me, but I think all that hair on her husbands face is just awful!!! She’s a cute girl — what the heck did she see in that husband of hers? Some mother’s let their children do what they want and they turn out to be some major pain in the necks!!

Melissa J @ 07/17/2006 at 5:23 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kate Hudson, always have, and I don’t believe In plastic surgery unless you have a birth defect or you’ve been disfigured In some way, but am I alone In saying she needs a boob job? It’s just weird to me that at her age she’s flat chested, even after having a baby.

Melissa J – simply stated…you make no sense…

HippieChick @ 07/17/2006 at 9:20 pm

Ummm, Maria….some people love their husbands because of who they are on the inside…not for what they look like on the outside. I love this family! They’re so adorable!!

her son looks horrible. cut his hair! he’s like 3, not a hippie.unless he likes it like that…but come on. its still odd.

Mother of a Son @ 07/18/2006 at 1:14 am

#8, maz…mmmm, that doesn’t work. #1, that’s so lame to claim it’s to honor some long lost relative’s religion. If it isn’t HER religion that she believes in herself, why make the kid pay such a price? #2, there are millions of hasidic jewish children all over the world, and I’ve YET to see another tiny boy on the streets of NYC or Boston or anywhere—looking this bizarre. She’s got to have a screw loose somewhere, regardless of how cute she seems. Something even more disturbing is the thought that she "does" it, with cream rinse and all. Just so wierd. Poor kid…

Whats with all the arguing over the kids hair? She’s the mom, its up to her! If she wanted the kid to have short hair she’d have it cut. Why does everything have to come down to looks? Grow up

well i think he is cute with his long hair, and who are we to criticise anyway? its not like its really any of our business how Kate chooses to bring HER child up.

I seriously don´t know what made her dress her "son" like that.It´s just wrong.

Miscel L. Aneous @ 07/18/2006 at 9:54 am

jeesus h. c., my first impession was, "that little girl looks like a dirtbag." and it’s a boy? he looks like a kid that’s eligble for free lunch. I wonder how many tattoos, piercings, and track marks he has.

TheOrginalMrsSmit @ 07/18/2006 at 12:10 pm

Cut the kids hair!! He looks silly!

my little bro was terrified of getting his hair cut when he was younger, so my mom just let it go until he wasn’t scared of the scissors (around 3 years old). he’s a 30-year-old average guy now. psychologically, children don’t tend to begin forming their identity as related to their sex until they’re 3 years old – that’s when all the "you’re a boy/you’re a girl" stuff happens. this is new york city, lots of little kids have unusual haircuts for this decade. anyway, it’s just a little hair, not really a hot-button issue worth getting worked up about.hope everybody is surviving these hot hot temperatures outside!

michiewiwi @ 07/18/2006 at 1:38 pm

she needs to cut that lil bois hair.

The only sillyness here are people’s stupid comments. It’s not your kid, so why are you worried abuot his hair?It is ridiculous how people are getting worked up over someone else’s child… like he would have psychological trauma from having long hair!!! It doesn;t matter what the reasons their reasons are.. bottom line not everyone wants to live by your stereotypical views of gender

Mother of a Son @ 07/20/2006 at 12:58 am

#24, Victoria…So, let’s assume when you were three and an otherwise normal little girl (I assume you are a girl), YOUR mom–not wanting to live by other people’s "stereotypical views of gender"–shaved your head. It didn’t matter what her reasons were, either. After all, you were HER kid, so why should anyone else worry about your hair, right? There you were, dressed in a cute little dress and shoes, with a shaved head. Not a single other three-year-old had a shaved head (boy OR girl), but you did. How would you like to look at your childhood pictures years later and see yourself that way, just because your mom felt like doing that to you… making some airhead statement and using your tiny little self to do so? I am not so sure there would not be any "psychological trauma". Oh, and you know what? It really is OK to be concerned about other people’s children. It takes a village….

Get OVER it @ 07/23/2006 at 2:36 am

Mother of a Son – # 25Suffice it to say, I doubt Kate wants you to be in her "village." She seems to be doing a great job on her own. I can’t believe you’re getting so worked up about a 2-year-old’s hair cut. Kate’s husband’s hair looks just like Ryder’s. Imagine that – a little boy wants to look like his daddy. Shocking! Seriously people, it’s just hair. And where I live, (in LA) it’s not uncommon to see kids who look like this. I think he’s adorable.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All