Jon Voight Loves Shakira

Jon Voight Loves Shakira

Angelina Jolie‘s estranged father Jon Voight sent a shout out to his grandkids Saturday, but it seems like absence makes the memory grow weaker — he royally screwed up one of the names. At the fourth annual BAFTA Tea Party (BAFTA is the Oscars for Brits), Voight was talking with a reporter on the red carpet when he decided to send birthday wishes to Maddox, Angelina‘s five-year-old child. That went well, but then things took an ugly turn. Voight also sent well-wishes to "Shakira" — problem is, he was talking about Angelina‘s 1 1/2-year-old daughter. Shakira is considerably older — 29. The correct name — Zahara. Close, but no cigar.

HAHAHAHA.  What a terrible grandfather!! How could Jon Voight mistake SHAKIRA for ZAHARA?  HAHAHAHA. Not a good way to fall under the good grace’s of your daughter… Do yourself a favor and watch the hilarious clip!

"Happy birthday, Maddox! Five years old. That’s a big one. Five years old. You’re getting to be a young man. And I send my love to you and I send my love to, uh, Shakira and, uh, Sha-Sha-heera, is it Shee-ra, Shahira?"

WATCH :: Jon Voight Mistakes Shakira for Zahara

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 712 » Show All

first to post!! =)

Thanks for the laughs, Jared.OMG that is so funny. ROTFLMAO —-Shakira Zahara – not even close and he had a hard time saying Shiloh…OMG, thanks again for the laughs….Ok, I really have to go before the storm hits….

Leave him alone…he’s trying…that’s more than she’s willing to do. If he hasn’t even met the child, and let’s face it, it IS an unusual name, naturally he may not get it right, not to mention he was probably flustered and in a hurry to get his shout out in.

maybe if she actually let him visit the kids he would actually know their names.

COLD HARD MATH @ 08/29/2006 at 12:04 pm

No wonder, why Angie can’t stand his ass! He will NEVER see his grandchildren……

poor guy , although i must admit shakira can really shake her ass.

reality check @ 08/29/2006 at 12:09 pm

Maybe Jokie could show a little decency and forgive her father while he can still remember her name. Dementia is a cruel illness and he’s no spring chicken. And I agree with the poster who said at least he’s trying.

oh my! it sucks to be jon voight. it sucks big, salty, hairy ones to be jon voight. thank God it wasn’t a joke! i hope he’s not going senile.

No wonder she won’t let you see her children, you *******! JV sucks monkey balls.

Boston Babe @ 08/29/2006 at 12:33 pm

Thank GOD Angelina doesn’t let this man near her children. Look at him. What an a**hole. He has got to be drunk. He’s slurring his words. He doesn’t care about Angelina, her children or his own son because if he did he’d STOP IT! Stop embarrassing himself and the other’s by association.Good riddence to him. Angelina you made the right choice!

The Real Lou @ 08/29/2006 at 12:39 pm

John Voight is quite sad!How could you not know your Grandkids name?

I totally agree with #3. It’s like remembering MY kids names…and he doesn’t even know me…just as he doesn’t know her children. She should let him see those kids. She’ll totally regret that one day.

Passing Through @ 08/29/2006 at 12:41 pm

Way to to, Jon. Nothing like re-enforcing Angie’s negative opinion of you. It almost makes me wonder if he did it deliberately.

No excuses for Jon Voight.We never met the kids but the whole world can pronounce Zahara and Shiloh.Besides he has no business trying to suck up again to the freakin press. Give it up Man! Angie and Brad should keep this man away from their kids.

You know something about Jon Voight just doesn’t pass the sniff test. There is something really fishy about him and his quest to bring up Angelina & the kids everytime a camera or recorder is rolling.

That man being her father certainly explains how A become what she is. Not exactly family values..

jeeeeezzzz……what a sad thing! if its trully in his heart, he would never forget the kids name! What a shame.. # 16 | phoenixxDon’t be so unfair. My mother now sometimes forgets MY name and I talk to every day so you can’t speak for what is in somebody else’s heart.Besides it’s not like Jolie has ever let him see the children. She has had such a love/hate relationship with her father over the years and I seriously doubt Jolie has ever had a totally healthy relationship with anybody.

Just finished reading this article — of course I am not saying I believe everything I read.(BANG) – Angelina Jolie reportedly upset Brad Pitt’s mother by drinking at son Maddox’s fifth birthday party.Brad’s family flew in from Missouri to visit granddaughter Shiloh Nouvel but allegedly left early because they were unhappy with her behaviour.Angelina is said to have barely acknowledged Brad’s family and upset his mother, Jane, by having an open bar.Neither of Brad’s parents drink and they didn’t approve of Angelina drinking around her and Brad’s children and the other youngsters at the party.A source told Star magazine: "They were the only ones not drinking and it was uncomfortable for them. To Jane, drinking is unhealthy."Things were very tense that weekend, and they left with an even worse impression of Angelina than before. They think she is tactless and doesn’t consider other people’s feelings."Pitt’s parents allegedly cut their trip short after just two days.

The poor guy @ 08/29/2006 at 1:04 pm

I don’t even know this man and I feel so bad for him. I mean he is trying so hard and Angelina should really try to forgive him. How can she go preaching around the globe & not forgive her own father, she should be ashamed.

#14 gigithats exactly what i was thinking almost everyone else in the world knows how to say Zahara and Shiloh. maybe its because hes getting old i know my grandpa has a hard time with some words but he studders he doesnt get the name completely wrong. and a man who uses the media to try and rebuild his relationship with his daughter is not a man you should want in your childrens lives.

#19fr. news-leader.comDespite what the current issue of Star Magazine says, Brad Pitt is not building a house in his family’s neighborhood — or anywhere else in Springfield, says his brother, Doug Pitt. The house they picture as Brad’s is not even owned by the family."I’m upset, no question," says Doug Pitt. "It’s absolutely garbage. There is not one bit of truth to this one.""And all this animosity stuff is crap," says Doug Pitt, referring to the story’s report that his family isn’t happy with Angelina Jolie, mother of Brad’s baby, Shiloh, and the couple’s adopted children.

Okay how come he is always using the press to speak about Angelina and the children. Something seems so insincere about that. and how long ago was Maddox’s birthday. He could have sent wishes days ago. Give me a break.Stop pimping the press Mr. Voight.

the real tita @ 08/29/2006 at 1:21 pm

You know, I think he is really trying now. It’s probably just nerves. I know of a lot of grandparents who can’t say their grandkids’ names right too and even if you correct them time and again, they still get confused. I say if he keeps up and tries without whoring it up for the media, he’s close to being forgiven by Angelina.He just has to prove his sincerity. That’s all that Angelina is asking for, I think. And for those that are relishing the estrangement between father and daughter just so they could stick it into Angelina…what a douche you are!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 712 » Show All