Jolie/Pitt Foundation Formed

Jolie/Pitt Foundation Formed

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have formed the Jolie/Pitt Foundation to aid humanitarian causes around the world. The newly formed charitable foundation is giving away $1 million to the Global Action for Children and $1 million to Doctors Without Borders, to help families affected by HIV/AIDS and extreme poverty.

The U.S. director for Global Action for Children, Jennifer Delaney, said: “Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt not only care, but more important, are taking concrete action to address the fact that there will be 20 million children orphaned by AIDS by 2010, and millions more orphaned by tuberculosis, malaria and conflict or whose parents are sick and dying.”

The couple’s spokesman, Trevor Neilson, released a statement saying: “Angelina and Brad are committed to using their resources to help the world’s most vulnerable people. These two organizations are focusing on crises that receive far too little attention and Angelina and Brad are happy to do their part to help.”

And here’s a list of Brad and Angelina‘s Banksy art purchases:

• $226,000: The “Picnic” painting depicts a white family of four merrily lunching under an umbrella on a red checked blanket while 15 starving Africans – including several children with distended bellies – look on.
  • $75,000: A white bust with a bleeding bullet hole in the forehead – was a particular favorite of Jolie‘s. “She went nuts for that one,” an onlooker told the mag. “She told [her baby daddy], ‘I must have that one.’”
  • $75,000: Portrait of a man hit in the head with a custard pie.

UPDATE :: Added pictures in the galllery of the aforementioned Banksy art that Brad and Angelina purchased. Thanks, Susanne!

jolie pitt foundation 01

• Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 715 » Show All

Good morning! Thanks Jared for the new thread.

These are good people.

wonderfull!!! well i’m off, getting ready for school,good morning to everyone!!

bamzs 4-ever @ 09/21/2006 at 8:13 am

First one! Yeah. How are you guys today! They are grrrreat! I love them!

bamzs 4-ever @ 09/21/2006 at 8:14 am

I was happy too soon. I was beaten to it. Damn.

Beautiful people with beautiful hearts! What more can you say? I pray for more blessings for BAMZS so they could share more to others who needs it.

narcissist @ 09/21/2006 at 8:19 am

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love me some Brad and Angie and think it’s great that they are giving money away. But as someone who does give away a third of her income to charity, I’m just wondering why the need to create a foundation in your own name. That’s really a bit of a narcissistic exercise. And the best example of how that isn’t actually necessary is Warren Buffett. I personally know that you don’t control how your money is spent better because it comes from a foundation in your own name than if you give it directly to a charity. Now, if you create a foundation in your name because you are going to personally administer to that foundation’s charitable activities, that’s different, but I think Brad and Angie are a little too busy to do that. Even Bill Gates is quitting Microsoft to spend more time on the Gates foundation. Just my two cents.

beautiful job done! im all :D being in this post listin in either 7 or 8 haha dont kno if im gonna make sense but who cares! they rock! agree?:D

bamzs 4-ever @ 09/21/2006 at 8:20 am

Thank you JJ for the news on the Jolie-Pitts. I pray that they will be blessed with a little boy to be Maddox’s friend.

black girl @ 09/21/2006 at 8:20 am

love this family may God continue to bless and protect the BAMZS.

It’s an old picture? What’s this haircut Brad ?

Erin Leigh @ 09/21/2006 at 8:23 am

Jared, isn’t it “$1 million to the Global Action for Children” not $1. I know, it’s early.

Some may not see it as necessary to have a foundation, other do like you said Bill Gates has a foundation in his name, Oprah has the Angel network and a few other foundations, lots of stars do. I don’t think it should really matters how they give or help, just that they do. I don’t see having the foundation as narcissistic.

These two are so far up their own arses I don’t know how they can walk straight!

creativegirl @ 09/21/2006 at 8:39 am

I think a foundation is a legacy for their children to one day carry on with, a tool they can utilize to make a difference in the world. I realize they are busy, but with these two I think it’s safe to say they will be super-involved in it. It’s not just some publicity front. These two put their money where their mouth is – they are a force to be reckoned with. I thank God every day that Brad is with her – he’s harnessing his star power and putting it out there to a better use. It just makes me love him more. I think 20-30 years from now, Brad will be saying how these were the best days of his life. He has a partner who has taken him to a higher level – and he is the grounding force that Angie so desperately wanted and needed in her life. They are a perfect match, I wish them nothing but happiness and lots and lots more babies.

Early AM Poster @ 09/21/2006 at 8:40 am

I guess the $2 million came from Shiloh’s pics … I heard that they fetched for more than $10 million world-wide … most expensive pics in history.

why aren’t they helping people in LA ? she drives downtown and spends half a million on graffitti art and ignores the homless there ? there are LOTS of poor black children in LA too…

I thought the $4 million from shi’s pics had already been donated to charity. anyway who cares, the most impotant thing is to take a “concrete action”

one dollar ? @ 09/21/2006 at 8:46 am

“The newly formed charitable foundation is giving away $1 to the Global Action for Children”. This isn’t news. A dollar isn’t going to change much. Maybe Global Action for Children should ask Banksy instead ?

bamzs 4-ever @ 09/21/2006 at 8:47 am

I love how they turned the power struggle around between them and photographers and mazagines. They get the proceeds and give to charity instead of allowing the magazines to get rich and not give anything back.

Reality : you are so right, I guess it’s just not high profile enough for them. If they were really serious about stopping poverty they would live on about 5% of what they earn – more than most of us earn in our lifetime, and give the rest to help the poor. It seems EVERYTHING they donate has to end up with the world knowing they are giving money away. Why spend $400,000 on artwork – just think how many families that would help. They are so full of selfrighteous @#+!

Early AM Poster @ 09/21/2006 at 8:49 am

16 | reality
—————-

I think you better do your share of helping the homeless in LA first rather than criticizing people for helping others.

They are giving so much back to people who need it. Cheers to them!!

The major problem in Africa isn’t poverty, it’s wars. I hope they make a difference but what is needed isn’t photo shoots with poor black kids in places they never visit again. They need to work with the red cross and exisitng charities, and use the combined weight to lobby drug companies for free medicines in poor countries.

Early AM Poster @ 09/21/2006 at 8:53 am

20 | so right
——————-

Art collection is an investment. It is better than just putting your money in the bank to earn interest.

Please be reminded that they just gave $2 million for the less fortunate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 715 » Show All