Brad Hides Behind a Hanky

Brad Hides Behind a Hanky

Brad Pitt put on his motorbike helmet (and photographer hat) and rode into town yesterday afternoon. He took in as much of Pune as possible, snapping pictures every chance he got with his trusty sidekick, the Leica R8 camera.

Brad‘s handkerchief looks like it’s for protection against wind and pollution… unlike some other pop stars we know that hang babies off hotel balconies. Nice helmet though, eh? More pictures in the gallery!

Note to Brad: Please stop smoking!

brad pitt taking pictures in pune 01

• Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All
Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:32 am

He looks handsome in anyway

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:34 am

But he has to get rid of this smoking habit for himself and for his family

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:37 am

Jared, it seems that I am the only one around right now! This is impossible, right?

Seems very possible. All the BAMZZZZZS are catching their ZZZZ’s. Z_Z

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:42 am

Jared,

Then, the world almost came to the end, if all of them are sleeping! WOW!

By the way, I do enjoy your website dearly. This website becomes addictive. I have to go through most of your threads at least once on daily base. Thank you very much for all.

Oh, you’re very very welcome, Mediterranean. It’s my pleasure to serve you. (; Have a fantastic weekend!!

supernature @ 11/11/2006 at 2:46 am

hoho~~
it’s afternoon now in china
i’m here
dont forget time different

I’m usually just a lurker, but since it’s so quiet now: Thanks, Jared & Audrey, I love this site and all the BAMZS fans here!

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:54 am

Even the haters are sleeping….. I always thought that they don’t eat, drink, sleep. They just keep on hating the Jolie-Pitts every second of their lives.

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:55 am

Have a great weekend to you too Jared!

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 2:57 am

But not ALL the BAMZS fans. I am here, do not forget me? :)

jeannified @ 11/11/2006 at 2:57 am

Hi Jared! Since everyone else is sleeping (I was up cleaning for my Mother-in-law, who comes here to San Diego tomorrow for her birthday.), I will take this time to say “Thanks so much” for the best BAMZS info ANYWHERE ON THE NET!!! I can ALWAYS count on YOUR site to lead the charge on Brangelina news…ALWAYS!!! Your site is the BEST!!!

Hey Jared and mediterranean, I’m awake but will be logging off soon!!

Jared and Audrey, thanks so much for keeping us up to date about the BAMZS.

Found this nice article in empire movies:

It cannot be easy being Brad Pitt. Laugh if you will, but I believe that to be true.

Sure, he is one half of, “the most beautiful couple in the world”, a new father, a noted philanthropist and a multi-millionaire, but for those things he has paid a significant price – his privacy. Everybody wants a piece of Brad Pitt.

I recently had an opportunity to catch a glimpse into the media spectacle surrounding Brad Pitt when I attended the North American premiere for his latest film, Babel, at the Toronto Film Festival. Afterward, I sat down with him while he talked about babies, Babel and being Brad Pitt.

The Toronto Film Festival has become two weeks in September when the entire city is abuzz with media outlets and celebrity watchers. This year, however, was different. There seemed to be a surreal glow as people watched, waited and hoped for a glimpse of the most famous face in the world.

Everywhere Brad Pitt went, a sea of people was sure to follow. People ambled through the lobby of the Park Hyatt hotel, where he was rumoured to be staying with Angela Jolie and their children. At his film’s premiere, hundreds of people stood on a narrow sidewalk hoping to catch a glimpse of him. The film – a subtitled “indie” film which would normally appeal only to film afficionados – showed to a full house.

It is difficult to describe the experience of meeting Brad Pitt. A man after my own heart, he arrived at our press interviews clearly demonstrating the signs of someone who is not a morning person. Unshaven, hair slightly disheveled, collar unbuttoned and tie loose around his neck, he was as gorgeous in person as he had been in any photograph that I had ever seen of him.

But the most memorable aspect of meeting Brad Pitt was not his looks. What I will never forget is the indescribable aura that surrounded him. Relaxed, affable and articulate, he was one of the most magnetic, charismatic people I have ever met. He was remarkably at ease and seemed almost amused at the sight of journalists and photographers pummeling one another to get to him.

As the sound of camera shutters reached a deafening pitch, and the photographers were admonished by press conference moderator Henri Behar, Pitt began to play for the cameras, making faces and waving his hands in the air.

“That’s the photo that is going to end up [in the press] when I have a breakdown”, he said, “They’re going to take that photo from this moment…when I get arrested for a DUI late at night and make racial slurs or something.”

When asked about his “icon” status, he seemed incredulous. “I don’t participate much in that, other thing”, he said, gesturing to the gathering crowd outside the press room.

A willing participant or not, Pitt cannot help but be affected by the, “other thing”. The remote location in Morocco where his scenes in Babel were filmed was a blessing, because it gave him a reprieve from the media that he would not be permitted in more accessible locations.

Director Alejandro Inarritu acknowledged the benefits of the remote location. “This town where we shot, it is a town that didn’t have electricity. It’s a town where Brad could walk easily without being recognized. Some people didn’t know who he was and that was great because we were really surrounded by that atmosphere of…people who were there for no reason other than helping the film.”

“I think that was a really kind of relaxing atmosphere. I felt that Brad was really completely submerged”, he added.

Pitt agreed with Inarritu’s assessment. “It was freeing in that sense where you could really just concentrate on the work.”

The result is a film that many say will garner Brad Pitt his second Oscar nomination. In speaking about the film, it is clear that he is proud of the final product.

“This one I’ll be proud for [my children] to see once they’re old enough to really understand it.”

As the press interviews ended and we prepared to leave, it occurred to me then that it cannot be easy to be Brad Pitt. I caught a glimpse of him as he was leaving the press room, accompanied by escorts who were taking him to his waiting vehicle outside. It was then that I saw it – a deep breath, a fleeting moment of panic as he readied himself to descend into the crowd outside.

Sure, it must be wonderful to have it all. But I wondered as I left whether there are days that he would not trade it all for a moment of peace and quiet.

Babel opened in limited release October 27th. The movie expands to 1,251 theaters this weekend.

Reading the article makes me feel a little guilty that I’m complicit to the demand for photos of Brad, Angelina, and the kids. it’s crazy and I’m part of the craze.

Sigh, the haters are probably just re-energizing for tomorrow!

Jared!!!

You really rock! I was at the old thread trying to catch up (I usually catch up when I’m at work, because at home my son hogs the computer) and wham! a new thread! THANKS!!!!

I really wish though that Brad would give up smoking, if only for his children’s sake. But I know how hard it is to give it up — my partner has been trying for years to wean himself from this without much success.

Thanks for the nice article about Brad, Lylian! I really really heart this man!

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 3:07 am

Hi Lylian, thanks for the article.

I pray that Brad will get the awards he deserves this time with this movie.

Whoa, thank you j@red for this new thread and pics!! i like his leica >_+ heheh.
regardless of all the hotness, i really wish he would quit smoking..take little gradual steps u know.

jeannified Says:
–hi there. I’m from sd as well

Hiya:

Thanks for the heads up from the other thread! Oh shoot, good morning every1 from CA.

jeannified @ 11/11/2006 at 3:16 am

Cool, Angelah!!! Nice to meet you! :-) Where do you live in San Diego? I live in South Bay. When I rented, I lived in Coronado and then Ocean Beach.

Mediterranean @ 11/11/2006 at 3:17 am

Have a very nice day to all!

I should go, my husband is coming to Istanbul tonight. I have to cook sucuklu kuru fasulye, pilav and zeytinyagli kereviz! And I hate cooking!!!!

You’re welcome, angelah. Congrats to Mediterranean for being 1st!Thanks for the article, lylian! Good night to supernature, jeannified, and briseis, too!

jeannified @ 11/11/2006 at 3:21 am

Yum, Mediterranean…sounds good, even though I have no idea what all of that is. I’m sure your hubby will appreciate it. I WOULD!!! ;-)

Good night guys! Time for me to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ’s! I’ll check this thread in the morning, when I’m sure 500 more commenters will have added to the thread! ;-)

Ok I am digging pic#19. Just look @ that deriere *pinch pinch pinch* jp

jeannified Says: November 11th, 2006 at 3:16 am
—————-
Nice to meet yah! Wow I think there are four of us now from SD. I live in Spring Valley (east).

jeannified Says: November 11th, 2006 at 3:21 am
———-
I will get some zzzzzz’s as well and I so agree with the #s, that’s just how magnetic BAMZS are jp.
——

HAPPY BABEL DAY everyone!! I’ll come back later today with my movie comments ;-p Adieu for now.

Hi friends and fellow BAMZS fans and supporters alike. I see angelah and briseis. Hey there! Special hellos go out to Malaya, Elena, African Girl, Estelle, Guli, AddictedtoBAMZS, Original Curious, Zaiyana, PT and Alexanderina (you’re always greeting me so I return the warmth!). And welcomes go out to all the new fans.

AG, our mutual friend asked for me to drop a note to assure I’m okay. I’m in good spirits, and I have even been a bad, bad girl in having a bit of wicked fun. Shhh! Of course, this week has been berry, berry (to steal a line from Garrett Morris’ character of old from SNL) good to me. The Democrats took over Congress. Hell YEAH! Now, some Democrats are more Republican than Republicans themselves (hello, Hillary and Lieberman), so it’s not perfect. And a few good Republicans such as Lincoln Chaffe were unfortunate losers, but I’ll take my chances with the Democrats (even though I doubt they will have an effective plan of action for Iraq). At least we won’t have redux Senate confirmations of Clarence Thomas (Scalia’s yes-man) and Sam Alito as Supreme Court Justices with the Democrats holding power. Anyway, I didn’t come to talk politics.

I am very sorry for the delay in my farewell. I have lost steam, but I still very much want to finish it for my friends. Please be patient and hang tight. I think a few of you will like what I plan to leave behind (NO, not gossip!) so that it won’t be the last you’ll see of me. (Well, here, yes, I am still intent on leaving.) I’m not going to promise anymore when it will be posted as I’m as accurate with that schedule as Aniston’s next film projection. (Did I mention I still find Aniston revolting?) But I’m hoping I won’t have to also wish you all a merry Christmas…or worst a new year!! Gosh, with the changes on this board though, I’m antsy about what will show up when it gets posted. Yeesh, a message full of asterisks…I don’t know about that. How is PT dealing with that?! Hamstrung with our “colorful” language, I’m getting nervous at the limitations and worst, if this board can handle the super length of the farewells. We’ll see.

In the meantime, I do think of you guys often and wish all of you well – even some of the hating nags.

Can’t say I like seeing Brad still smoking, but I hope he’s cut down a lot and hopefully be able to quit finally. Even if it takes 100 or more attempts, he needs to keep trying.

Keep the love alive.

P.S. Where are my manners? Hello Jared!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All