Brad Pitt Takes it to the Court

Brad Pitt Takes it to the Court

Brad Pitt was spotted leaving the Mumbai Police Commissioner’s office, in Mumbai, India, earlier this morning. Indian police on Friday arrested three British bodyguards working for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie after they allegedly roughed up parents and students at a Mumbai school where the star was filming scenes for her latest movie, police said. Below: Angelina Jolie‘s bodyguard Micheal Brett, center with black t-shirt, being taken to the local court by the Indian police.

UPDATE :: Angelina Jolie addresses the arresting of her bodyguards: “It is not surprising that the press involved failed to mention their share of the responsibility in the chaos. As for this horrible rumor that someone referred to a local man as a ‘bloody Indian,’ let me say this: I would never work with anyone that was derogatory towards another man’s race. My family is of mixed race.”

Just Jared on Facebook
brad pitt court 01
brad pitt court 02
brad pitt court 03
brad pitt court 04

Posted to: Brad Pitt

SplashNewsOnline
  • Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson moving in together? Not really, but kinda - TMZ
  • Louis Tomlinson is about to drop new solo music - Just Jared Jr
  • Here are the five strangest moments from Aaron Carter's post-arrest interview - TooFab
  • New details are emerging in the investigation to The Walking Dead stuntman's death - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Thomas Doherty laughs off comparisons he gets to Zac Efron - Just Jared Jr
  • QQQQ

First!!!

• QQQQ

Thanks JJ….

• India Rules!

About time … Long over due!

• ritzygal

Brad, get some balls and fire that nasty thug, Mickey.

• bdj

Thanks Just Jared. I am sure that all of this will be sorted out. Best wishes to AJ. She is a good person with a good heart. I wish her, BP and the entire crew much success in filming this movie. Best wishes to the people of India. I hope in time that this whole matter is resovled in a timely and truthful manner.
    Just Jared, I am your biggest fan. I think that you have the best site on the web.
    Keep up the good work.

• Tas

Brad’s so HOT!

Thanks Jared.

• wow

Brad’s HOTT!!!

• cheryl

The media will as usual pump this incident up and milk it for all its worth. Hopefully they get this all sorted out.

• piper, with a low

ritzygal Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:08 am
    Brad, get some balls and fire that nasty thug, Mickey.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, if he follows your advice, he would be surrendering them. And besides, Mickey has been AJ’s bodyguard for years; if anyone should fire him, it’s AJ. And I don’t think she should. He’s only been accused of being rough with people while on the clock, which is part of his job description. He didn’t steal anything, embezzle, leak stories to the press, or committed any sort of sexual misconduct; he shouldn’t lose his job.

• My 2 Cents

Who cares if Brad is Hot…….if these allegations are true , then it’s a disgrace

Surely other actors work abroad to do their movies without causing such a ruckus

How did this happen?

Who should take responsibility?

• briseis

Boy, I can’t believe this guy. He’s coming out of a police station, he’s trying to solve the problem of their bodyguards and the ruffled feathers of the parents at the school, and yet (shallow me) all I could see is he looks HOT!!!!

• BCBG

Let’s wait , I’m sure everything will be cleared up.

I like Micky. He is doing his job. The razzi are the one who are out of control.

• http://justjared.com/2006/11/13/angelina-jolie-filming-mighty-heart/ chirly

azure Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:17 am
    “they shoot this, there will be problem”. an Indian guy, presumably a parent, said that in the video. Maybe I’m being paranoid, but that statement really bugs me.

____________________________________________________________

This statement bugs me too. Im waiting for all the evidence to be known but I have a hard time believing this happened the way some are saying. That statement alone makes me wonder.

• BCBG

DONT jump to conclusion.

a judge has to hear BOTH sides of the story.

• sad

Angelina Jolie Speaks Out About Bodyguard Arrests
    FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2006 10:00AM EST

Angelina Jolie

Photo by: Ramey

Following the arrest of three of Angelina Jolie’s bodyguards for allegedly roughing up parents at a school in India, the actress has spoken out about the incident.

“It is not surprising that the press involved failed to mention their share of the responsibility in the chaos,” Jolie said in a statement.

According to Reuters, Indian police detained three of the actress’s bodyguards on Friday after parents complained the men had manhandled them and their children at an Islamic school in Mumbai where Jolie was filming a scene for A Mighty Heart.

Mohammed Yusuf Patni, general secretary of the Anjuman-e-Islam school’s Parent Teacher Association, told the Associated Press, “This Jolie’s bodyguard called one parent, ‘You bloody Indian.’ ”

In her statement, Jolie said, “As for this horrible rumor that someone referred to a local man as a ‘bloody Indian,’ let me say this: I would never work with anyone that was derogatory towards another man’s race. My family is of mixed race.”

According to reports, the fracas took place as parents tried to get into the school to pick up their children on Thursday and guards tried to keep paparazzi out.

“We have arrested three people. They are in jail now and will be produced in court,” Brajesh Singh, Mumbai’s deputy commissioner of police, told Reuters. He did not give a date for the court hearing.

• gitane

my beloved mickey in the pokey once again! thank heaven he wasn’t wearing his pink shirt!

• http://justjared.com/2006/11/13/angelina-jolie-filming-mighty-heart/ chirly

briseis Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:22 am
    ________________________

You arent the only one. :lol: Im not downplaying the incident but as of right now, no one knows for sure what really happened. What some are saying happened seems to be in conflict with the video of the event.
    I agree with BCBG, let’s wait before jumping to any conclusions.

• http://justjared.com/2006/11/13/angelina-jolie-filming-mighty-heart/ chirly

gitane Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:26 am
    ______________

LOL Silly….

• ME

I don’t care what anyone say. I rather have them attend Tomkat wedding than stay another day in India. After this episode, I doubt any studio would want to film in India.

• dragonfly

I just said at the end of the other thread that this isn’t the first bump in the road for Brad and Angie, and it won’t be the last, but it will bond them to each other even more.

Brad, as producer, is doing the right thing by going to the authorities himself to clear it up.

It’s going to come out that the only thing Plan B is guilty of is maybe some poor planning and coordination of the the location.

I agree they should not have filmed while children were there, they should have done that after hours.

But people, please, realize this movie is about a sensitive subject to Muslims, and it isn;t doing anything (in their perception) to educate people in the west that all Muslims are not terrorists. Like Katie said on the other thread, maybe they were just mad about the subject matter of the movie in the first place.

It’s becoming clear that no racial slurs or pushing and shoving of children by anybody associated with Plan B occurred. And it certainly isn’t Angie’s fault, as some have tried to say. Good for Brad, standing up and showing what a good man he is.

• ritzygal

Just the day before, AJ has a press conference saying MP loves all people, all religions, and all cultures and the world needs a little more of that. Next day, 3 of her bodyguards manhandle parents and children and hurl racial slurs.

This guy (Mickey) is hurting their rep as global humanitarians and champions of children everywhere (true or not). From a PR side, he has got to go!

They can’t be doing their shiny, happy humanitarian thing in front of the camera preaching tolerance, understanding…blah, blah, blah…while their main henchman runs roughshod over various people in differenct countries behind the scenes. If this continues, I hope they both get publicly lambasted for it, and called out to be the hypocrites that they seem to be lately.

Brad’s agreed to talk to the press, so let’s see how he spins this.

• Maniston

# gitane Says:
    November 17th, 2006 at 10:26 am

————————

LMFAO. Word of advice to Mickey: Don’t drop the soap!

• QQQQ

sad Says: November 17th, 2006 at 10:24 am – thanks for posting….She’s right, as usual the media never owns up to any wrong doing…

• just saying

i bet you we will be hearing that the people who were “assaulted” will be looking for compensation

• Alix

You cannot disrespect people in their own country. Americans are fighting bad press everywhere, why institute all this negativity. Their bodyguards have been out of control from the beginning, especially the “psycho”. While this couple circles the globe preaching love for humanity, how do they condone mistreatment of locals, especially children, on their behalf. Frankly, I’m sick of them.

• fiona

Micky is more than a bodyguard to them. The children esp Mad is close with him. I think they are doing their job as best as they can. And B&A values them.

I think Brad is doign the right thing by going to the polie himself, since they are in a foreign country they have to show their humility and cooperate with the authorities no matter how the complaints were unsubstantiated. Whether he will apologise, i dont think he should but i think he will.

There is such thing as losing or saving face in third world coutnries culture, the local authorities cannot be seen as siding with the foreigners.

• Maniston

ritzygal – your vacation much suck

• ME

______________

This statement bugs me. They were against it from the get go and this statement alone speaks volume.

• kmillz

So mickey was protecting aj…..isn’t that his job? They were probably being unruly. You have to be crazy to blame bp or aj…mickey is only responsible for mickey. How many of us control what our friends do every moment of the day. Brad didn’t have to go to the police station but he’s a good guy so he did

• Dana

What a mess. Shooting the film in India has been a disaster. No producer should ever go to India for a film. No matter how nice the scenery. The Indians appear to be totally disorganized and very aggressive. Angelina and her children have been in constant danger. If it were not for Mickey she would have been surged many times over the past weeks. Time they got out of India never to return. If you look at the video of the fracas, you see only Indians involved. It was the schools responsibility to communicate with the parents about the shoot. They were quick to receive the money but did not do their jobs to organize the parents. I hope no Hollywood producer ever shoots in India again.

• Alexanderina

gitane Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:26 am
    ————————————————————————————————
    LOL, I know Gitane, thank goodness he was wearing a black one

• dragonfly

sad Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:24 am
    Angelina Jolie Speaks Out About Bodyguard Arrests
    FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2006 10:00AM EST

Angelina Jolie

Photo by: Ramey

**************************************

Way to go, Angie!

• lookwhaticando

I cant wait until they our out of India, I wish the paps would give them a break, they are there to do a job. And the Paps wont let them,

• http://justjared.com/2006/11/13/angelina-jolie-filming-mighty-heart/ cain

_______________________________________

Please forgive me but I dont understand this. To deny what is history.. what has happened to me is very confusing. To me all this anger over using the school seems to just cause others to question whether other muslims disagree with the terrorists. I have always said to people that only those who commit crimes should be judged and that all muslims arent terrorists. but one thing I wish is that more muslims who are peaceful people would speak out against these horrible acts that are being perpetrated in their religions name.

• My Nickle

My 2 Cents Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:19 am

Who should take responsibility?
    ****************************

1. The paparazzi
    2. The Media
    3. The school

• bdj

Ritzyditzy, you have a personal (in your mind) vendetta against BP and AJ. Namely, that he left your All American Sweetheart. Your bias and extreme prejudice against AJ is pitiful. Your rants only prove your excessive obsession for
    this family. It is one thing to post an opinion, but this constant need to vilify this family is beyond normal. You are on this site constantly spewing the same old rant. BP did not leave you nor does he know you. Get over your obsession

• Alexanderina

Thanks Jared for the new thread and picture of the hotness that is Brad, hopefully all this madness will be resolve soon and BAMZS can get the hell out of India, that place is crazy

• dragonfly

ritzygal Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:28 am

Brad’s agreed to talk to the press, so let’s see how he spins this.

******************************************************

You’re crazier than a shithouse bat.

• sheryll

w/ this incident happening we really know who are judgemental here….
    you know ritzy you are nuts!wanna know why??? uve been telling us that u work for the media,is that the way a mediaman acts???yucksssss!!!!u are soooo stupid.it doesnt mean that you hated this family so much that you put all the blame to them.please know both sides of the story and that is responsible journalism.watch the video again…such hypocrite!dumb,braindead moron!
    as for the indian police it is good to know that they are taking action now,somebody filed a complaint thus mickey was there.as you can see he waas not handcuffed,they are just following the process and identifying if they really are the bodyguards that mishandled(as they said) the complainants.
    =======
    sorry guys for replying to this shitzygal….my first & last!

• Dana

“You cannot disrespect people in their own country. Americans are fighting bad press everywhere, why institute all this negativity. Their bodyguards have been out of control from the beginning, especially the “psycho”.

The people in India and the national, local and international media have been out of control this whole fiasco. Everyone in India wants money from them. The hotels staffs puts out information on their whereabouts and room numbers, endangering their lives, obviously they are easily bribed by the paps; the school rented out space, more money grubbing, but refuse to organize so that the shoot goes smoothly. Everywhere people want their money but can’t get themselves organized to do their part. The only reason Angelina has been safe at all is because of Mickey. She needs to hire him to be with her at all times. Mickey is worth his weight 100 Xs over in pure gold. No wonder poor Danny Pearl was murdered over there.

• The real lou

Maniston,LMAO!!!!She never was going on vacation in the first place.Frankly we really need to ignore the haters.This is just a excuse for the X fan’s to criticize B&A.IF this was any other celebrity couple they would not given a rats a#s about what happened.

• Adrymala

since WHEN has mickey been aj’s body guard for YEARS?? he’s a recent acquisition and he has a horrible rep in this town. he’s an ass.

• Anjali

chirly Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:23 am
    azure Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:17 am

____________________________________________________________

———————————————————

OMG you guys are right! Maybe these Islamic parents believe that this movie is going against their religion or making their religion look bad and that’s why they caused a ruckus at the school and (maybe false) filed police reports. I definitely think this has to do with RELIGION. Imagine then if this happened in Pakistan or any other Islamic country? It would have been far worse and far more dangerous for them.

• http://justjared.com/2006/11/13/angelina-jolie-filming-mighty-heart/ chirly

Maniston Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:30 am
    ritzygal – your vacation much suck
    _________________________

ROTFLMAO!

• Anjali

I meant to say “and filed (maybe false) police reports.”

• dragonfly

cain Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:34 am

_______________________________________

******************************************

I’m not sure what you are asking…are you saying that if the parents at the school were indeed mad about the subject matter of the movie and acting out about that, then they aren’t doing anything but reinforcing the violent stereotype that many Americans (wrongfully) believe about Muslims?

I just wanted to clarify before I commented and got your intent incorrect.

• Beatrice

Adrymala Says:

November 17th, 2006 at 10:39 am
    ****************************************
    He’s been with Angelina since Tomb Raider in 2001, that’s “YEARS”. Why am i not surprised that someone like Angelina works with a horrible person like Mickey.

• tim

you know what guys i am not going to cay anything about this because there two sides to a story but i want you all to accep that we all amke mistakes and people around us will do too not paint anyone as a saint bcos noone is no matter waht

• Adrymala

She’s actually had multiple guards between him. He’s been fired off at least two sets. He’s not a nice guy. I’ve always been surprised she rehired him when pre-Shiloh trip to Africa. Yes, he’s doing his job but everyone who has used him in the past or worked with him on sets says he has serious issues and treats people like dirt.

• Maniston

The real lou Says:
    November 17th, 2006 at 10:38 am

—————————————

You are right and I usually don’t respond to the mess that is shitzygal but I’ve just never heard of a person spending their entire vacation on a blog. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been known to get on a computer a time or two if one is near by but damn! Didn’t she go on vacation with friends? Aren’t there sights to be seen and whatnot? Or is the girl really in prison and she spends her yard time in the computer lab? I just don’t get it.