George Clooney Rags on Brad Pitt

George Clooney Rags on Brad Pitt

George Clooney playfully ragged on good friend Brad Pitt on last night’s The Late Show with David Letterman. George knocked Brad for also winning the title of “People’s Sexiest Man” twice. George joked of Brad: “He was a little upset. It sort of knocked his thing down a notch.”

Brad congratulated George‘s win by taking out full-page ads in Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, which read:

Dear George,

Congratulations on being People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive.

[insert cornball picture of George from 1985]

Your Friend,

“The Reverend Ted”

Yes, it’s in reference to that Ted. The Ted Haggard who was guilty of “sexually immoral conduct” and ex-pastor of mega-church New Life Church.

George retaliated on Letterman by showing old school pictures of Brad wearing tapered pants and a beret. Above is George imitating one of Brad‘s cheesy poses.

George also joked of Matt Damon: “We felt bad for Matt Damon because he really wanted it. He campaigned hard for it but we think he just came up short.”

UPDATE :: Video added below! Check it out.

George ClooneyThe Late Show with David Letterman, 11/28
george clooney imitating brad pitt 01
george clooney imitating brad pitt 02
george clooney imitating brad pitt 03
george clooney imitating brad pitt 04
george clooney imitating brad pitt 05
george clooney imitating brad pitt 06
george clooney imitating brad pitt 07
george clooney imitating brad pitt 08

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 722 » Show All

hahahah, i can’t believe that’s brad! he’s like a wine… that certainly gets better with age ;-)

Indie's post @ 11/29/2006 at 1:20 am

I brought her post here because it is worth reading.
******************************************************

Indie Says:

November 29th, 2006 at 1:12 am
kearnie Says:

November 28th, 2006 at 11:41 pm
Frenchy – I am not too sure about Angelina on Oprah. I actually don’t think she is into shows with a live audience any more. As a matter of fact, I FEAR for her if she ever enter than min-van majority territory.

I am suprised that she is doing LKing but then again, she is with other cast members.
*******************************************

Isn’t this being a bit alarmist? Why would you fear for Angie in a live audience. Angelina might not be liked by some people, but beyond the tabloid world Angie is respected. I read this article today in Marie Claire written by Wentworth Ali, George Stephonopolous wife about celebrity advocating for their causes. For all the celebrities mentioned and praised, Angie was the only one singled out for gushing. The writer said she is so knowledgeable about her causes and that it is so funny seeing grown men rushing for their cell phones and bragging about who they just make. She said people in DC cannot wait for Jolie-Pitts to move to Georgetown not only because Angie has such succulent lips and a bod for sin, but because she knows how to get things done.

I say this because sometimes vocal minority are the loudest, that was why I started posting on this blog nearly two years ago, because I got tired of hearing how women hated Angie, and only one person that I know hated Angie because her husband is a dog and Angie is the unseen threat, besides her, most other women that I know like Angie even if they don’t care for her BBT days.
Serious minded people like Angelina and believe me the mini van sect are in the minority but they shriek the loudest. Nobody that I know will go on gossip blog, they don’t even know that I post on blogs and they think I am obssessed. Most people don’t care enough to go on blogs, but don’t be fooled, Brad and Angie are liked, admired and respected just not as loudly or as vocal as the non-fans.

Can George ever go without mentioning Brad? Is that basically his gist? To talk about Brad all the time, nonstop, 24/7?

He either has a huge man crush on Brad or is a coattail rider.

I thought Brad was a “hollywood friend” to George. Clooney must really believe because that because the only time he mentions Brad is when the media is paying attention.

Yeah, good job Clooney. Run farrrrrrr away from you “hollywood friend” when people are bashing him and he is going through a low phase.

And come running back once he starts getting praise for his movie and he’s recieving positive comments.

George, what a convenient friend you are.

Post from the old Brad thread

=================================

Re: GC Says:
November 29th, 2006 at 12:50 am
Can George ever go without mentioning Brad? Is that basically his gist. To talk about Brad all the time, nonstop, 24/7?
He either has a huge man crush on Brad or is a coattail rider
=================================

ITA, GC IMHO is a male version of a medaiwh#re . Excuse my language but I think he does what is good to his image only . He likes the limelight more than anything else and riding on Brad’s coatail seems to be his latest quest for attention.
He is way overdoing it … trying to appear like he is the “bestest” friend of BRad . I do question where he was when the public bashes BRad …and how he never put it or back him up then.

Give it a break – Clooney and Pitt are really good friends – they rag on each other and play practical jokes — why not on tv — stops them from having to be too personal about other things — it’s fun and they enjoy it as do the masses. George Clooney isn’t using Brad Pitt- Clooney doesn’t need any media help from another celeb and niether does Pitt.

lol, Obviously Mr. Pitt is keeping abreast of the news in the US although he is overseas.!!!

dragonfly @ 11/29/2006 at 1:52 am

Man it pays to be up late working on course material! Brad’s red lips….man, I can’t stop laughing!

*************************************
voltavie Says:

November 29th, 2006 at 1:45 am

**************************************

voltavie, he and Angie are in New Orleans. Have been since Sunday.

yellow rose, yes, I agree this is an entirely stupid hour to be here, but ….hey, what can I say?

Missouri Fan @ 11/29/2006 at 1:54 am

Hi Artemis!

I love your long post, i’m smiling while reading it.
I will be looking for your long post from now on. :D

Thanks Jared & Audrey for the new thread!
I fall asleep watching Letterman talking to GC >> I missed the above part maybe
it’s because I’m not a fan of GC >>he seems not a real friend to Brad.

Wishing the best for all the BAMZS fans, Jared & Audrey , Jolie-Pitts & staff.

Good nite all !!

Alexanderina @ 11/29/2006 at 1:57 am

Thanks Jared for the new thread, GC is such a prankster, I adore GC, awwwww Brad is so cute and adorable is those pictures

What are some of you talking about when you say George didn’t back Brad up during the bad times? George had nothing but praise for Brad last year. He was also one of the first to publicly say he was happy for Brad and Angelina. Besides I don’t think Brad needs or wants his friends to defend him in public. Especially in regard to the “Bermuda triangle.” Also I don’t think George would’ve brought up those pictures if Brad hadn’t taken out that ad in the first place. Whatever Brad and George do or say about each other, it’s all in the good fun. I for one enjoy their camaraderie and pranks no matter how silly they are.

Indie Says:
*************
I agree w/ you Indie. Oftentimes, people conveniently forget about the silent majority. Let me add to your story. I was quite surprised by the comment of one of our consultants. He saw one of Angie’s St John pics on my screen saver and he said “Is that Angelina Jolie?” to which I responded yes, and he continued, “She absolutely gorgeous. I like because she’s not only beautiful but on top of that so kind and so compassionate”……he is an engineer and does not keep up w/ celebrity gossip but he’s heard about her UN humanitarian works…..

*************
Hello to all my kababayans!! special mention to the pretty lola of little Bradley…

*************
Amaya K – I read your Jon & AJ fanfic….kinda a departure from Broken….but I find it a refreshing departure…….(sorry I’m still bias towards Broken….. :LOL: )

Alexanderina @ 11/29/2006 at 2:01 am

dragonfly Says:

November 29th, 2006 at 1:52 am
————————————————————————————————
Hi dragonfly, me too, those lips are so red and juicy :lol: :lol:, okay I am off to bed now and I think I will be dreaming about Brad’s red lips :lol:. Night dragonfly

lurker opinion @ 11/29/2006 at 2:04 am

Here is what GC said on Larry King last year. (IMO GC was just trying to get out of saying anything to Larry. I don’t think he was trying to disrespect Brad):

Aired February 16, 2006 – 21:00 ET

KING: We’re back with George Clooney. Brad Pitt is a very close friend of yours.

CLOONEY: Yes, sure is.

KING: How are they doing?

CLOONEY: Well, I don’t know. They’re on the road now. They’re traveling around so I would imagine they’re doing well. We talk, you know, when you say very good friends he’s not — I have my friends and then I have sort of my showbiz friends and showbiz friends are people that you actually care about and spend a little time with but it’s not like we call each other every day or something like the (INAUDIBLE).

KING: Oh, you’re not like friend friends?

CLOONEY: Yes, we don’t, you know, it’s not like we go, I mean he’s come to my house and stayed and, you know, like that but it’s not like we, you know, we go backpacking together.

KING: Did you offer him your house for a honeymoon?

CLOONEY: No but I will now. He can come there if he wants. A bunch of tabloids, all the tabloids had that that he’s coming to my house to get married. I wanted to rent a bunch of tables, you know, and put them outside and then get a bunch of like kids or something dressed up in tuxes and watch them in tuxes and watch all the cameras come by.

KING: Do you keep in — you don’t keep in close touch though?

CLOONEY: I do. I mean I talk to him probably once a month or so.

KING: Good guy?

CLOONEY: A great guy. I mean a great, truly great guy.

KING: Do you like working with him?

CLOONEY: Love working with him. Yes, he’s, you know, he — Steven Soderbergh and I have a — we’re partners. We have a company together and we have sort of this life’s too short rule and the life’s too short rule for us is work with actors that are good and enjoy what they do and don’t make other people unhappy. I think we’re very lucky and very privileged to be here.

You know I was — I grew up, I cut tobacco for a living. I sold insurance door to door. I didn’t really think I was ever going to get to this place in my life and so I think we should enjoy it and have fun with it.

KING: How did Brad deal with that public divorce?

CLOONEY: I don’t — I think — I think how does anybody deal with it, you know. We’ve all been through sort of public issues at times and he probably does it the same way that most do which is by trying to listen as little to it as you possibly can and it will go away eventually.

KING: It’s hard though isn’t it?

CLOONEY: Yes, I think — well, I mean if you look at the magazines I don’t think there’s been a magazine in the last three months that didn’t have them on the cover so, yes, I think it’s hard. I would imagine it’s very hard for them.

KING: Yes and how do you deal with that. You can’t look away.

CLOONEY: I think you can at some point. I think at some point you have to look away because if you just stare at it I think it will make you crazy.

Cnn.com transcripts

Ace Tomato @ 11/29/2006 at 2:05 am

Say, Sherlock – didn’t you read the text? Brad Pitt took a full page ad out poking fun of Clooney first – Clooney’s appearance on Letterman was “retaliatory”. Looks like Clooney only comments on his friends in public when they are in on the joke. That’s just nice.

By the way – a lot of the minivan set admire Angelina Jolie – and not just for her philanthropy. Not all of us see her as a homewrecker. Whatever the deal was with Pitt’s marriage (and who really knows), it wasn’t leading him where he obviously longed to be in life – to being a father in love with a woman who shares his love for children and wants to have plenty with him. That’s also pretty nice – and easy for us minivan moms to relate to. Ahem.

lurker opinion @ 11/29/2006 at 2:08 am

Robert Redford and Paul Newman have the same type of friendship as GC and BP. They did not hang with each other or go on family trips . However they played gags on each other (One in which Redford put a car inside Newman’s house), respected each other and enjoyed acting together.

Is Indie still around? Does anyone know who is on the cover of the Marie Claire where Wentworth Ali praises Angie?

Oh and thanks Jared and Audrey for the new thread.

I think there is minivan mom and there are moms.
If the moms have with self dignity and confidence, they like Angie and admire her.
However, if the moms (just minor group, I believe) are a certain group of people who are insecure and worry about their husband, then they do not like Angie.
So please do not put every mom in same category.

dragonfly @ 11/29/2006 at 2:28 am

Ace Tomato Says:

November 29th, 2006 at 2:05 am

*******************************************

Yay! Brad and Angie fans are usually nonconformist, so you should fit right in. So glad to hear from someone who isn’t spouting the same old broken record that condemns Angie. Brad was unhappy before and would have wound up divorced anyway, even if Angie had not been on his radar screen at the time. Of course, I feel like she would have been eventually, anyway. They were sorta destined to get together.

GC was the first person who defend Brad right after the divorce. I still remember in the Premier of OC12 at Japan, when reporter tried to ask Brad bout his divorce, GC come into the rescue and retaliate the question. and after Brad and Angie become a couple publicly, He was all prasie and admiration.

lurker opinion @ 11/29/2006 at 2:38 am

Maniston Says:

November 29th, 2006 at 2:12 am
======

Ashley Judd is on the cover of Dec. 2006 issue of Marie Claire. Here is one columnist opinion of the article:

More interesting is Ali Wentworth’s column on page 70 – “Invasion of the Cause Celebs!” Wentworth analyses the masses of cause-pushing celebrities on Capitol Hill – are they legit or simply jumping on the bandwagon? The answer = both. Some stars (Bono, Angelina Jolie) are still there for their causes when the cameras are off and know their facts. Others, well – consider this scene from Oprah:

“…Meg Ryan was in the white armchair discussing the plight of women in India. I’m sorry, what? Then we saw homemade movies of the Sleepless in Seattle star in Jehangirpuri, one of the poorest slums in the world, wearing her designer sunglasses and an expensive camera, trying to ‘relate’ to these impoverished and suffering women.”

lurker opinion Says:
November 29th, 2006 at 2:38 am

Thanks LO. I’ll pick up the issue tomorrow.

Goodnight BAMZS fans. Talk to you later.

I dont quite understand this “minivan majority theory” thing, and why would be Aniston be their poster girl, when in fact she is an antithesis of what they are. She is single with no children to take care of, who pampers herself, smokes, drinks, and seems to be living a hedonistic life. On the other hand, Angelina, maybe except for her physical beauty and celebrity stature, could literally be a typical minivan Mom, she takes her kids out and about in a minivan, i think they have one aside from the their range rover. She is a mother of 3 kids, a housewife/partner and a homemaker, she is trying to juggle her life by being a working mother and a “wife’partner” to Brad, and doing a lot of humanitarian work, but does not lose her own individuality, as she still has time to attend to her hobbies such as flying. If ever, she should be the minivan majority poster girl, and not some shallow bored hollywood celebrity like Aniston who doesnt do anything of substance.

Minivan Says:
November 29th, 2006 at 3:07 am
***************************

Personally, I take Lainey’s coinage of the “minivan majority” not just refers to stay at home moms (w/c IMO sometimes often used w/ a negative connotation w/c is unfair because choosing to devote most of your time to be w/ your family is noble and a fulfilling one). I think they refer to a certain sector of society who takes tabloid news or celebrity gossip at face value and guillible enough to absorb a certain image as real. It is deemed that they are the majority because they are more vocal as what Indie. This does not mean that this is the perception of all the moms out there, it is actually a perception of most of this “perceived majority” (target audience of entertainment media) during the height of the triangle but as the truth slowly comes out, their resounding indignation has become a lowly whisper of someone who is just projecting and taking this situation as their personal vendetta.

The entertainment media fed a lot of impressions to justify their agenda or to cater to someone’s agenda. When the truth is that most don’t care and if they admire and like Angie, they do so in silence and don’t spend their time making the rounds in the NET voicing their opinion. Most of them are just too busy with their lives or making ends meet than concern themselves with a celebrity break-up and take the side of a media hyped PR proclaimed American Sweetheart. Most actually don’t care but the media chose not to cater to that fact because it’s not lucrative.

During the height of this debacle, the media was feeding its audience to side or pity Aniston because she’s the only one playing the game. The other party wants no part of it. Ergo, it backed the one who was most cooperative. Aniston and her team made the media as part of the machine that built up her nice, so down-to-earth image, or girl next door image who everyone should love. So it is no wonder that when her PR team and the media peddled the pity party a lot of the so called “mini-van majority” bought it. Hence, we still have people hanging on to the Golden Image and quoting “truths” from her VF spill.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 722 » Show All