Angie's Secret Birthday Gift to Brad

Angie's Secret Birthday Gift to Brad

Brad Pitt turns 43 in ten days, Dec. 18 and Angelina Jolie had a secret birthday gift ready for him yesterday afternoon in Ohiopyle, (Bear Run), Pennsylvania.

The gift involved Fallingwater, one of architect Frank Lloyd Wright‘s works, which was designed in 1936 for the family of Pittsburgh department store owner Edgar J. Kaufmann. (Fallingwater is the building behind Brad and Angelina.) Read all about it after the jump!!

The Pittsburgh Channel has the story:

Brangelina In Town For Pitt’s Secret Birthday Present

The workers at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater got quite a surprise Thursday afternoon when Brad Pitt and Angelia Jolie showed up for a tour of the estate.

According to a spokesman for Fallingwater, Pitt and Jolie arrived just before 3 p.m. for the tour, Jolie‘s gift to Pitt for his birthday.

Brad said he had wanted to experience Fallingwater ever since he took an architectural history course in college,” Fallingwater’s curator of education Cara Armstrong said. “He and I talked quite a bit about design and art. He was incredibly well-informed about architecture.”

The couple took a two-hour private focused tour, led by Armstrong, who described the couple as “very gracious and very engaged in the house.”

Brad said he had a visual sense of Fallingwater but experiencing it in person, hearing the sound of the waterfall cascading under the house and smelling the wood from the fireplace was better than anything he could have imagined,” Armstrong said.

After the tour, Jolie had arranged to have champagne and caviar sent in, which the couple shared in a private birthday celebration in Fallingwater’s living room. Afterward, they invited the staff to join them and encouraged them to take the “snacks” home.

Arrangements for the visit began about a week before Thanksgiving when staff at Fallingwater received a call from Jolie‘s personal assistant in Asia.

Just Jared on Facebook

Getty
  • Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are enjoying a beach-side getaway - US Weekly
  • Sofia Richie is getting grilled - TMZ
  • Is Adele singing at Pippa Middleton's wedding? - Gossip Cop
  • Zac Efron sent skateboards to the Final Five! - Just Jared Jr
  • Rob Kardashian met Blac Chyna's family! - Radar
  • Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck grabbed a friendly breakfast together - Lainey Gossip
  • Will & Grace is back! - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Me Again!

First…they look AWESOME!!!

Where is this from?

• angelah

omg they’re so cuteeeeeeeee!! thanks for the pic j@red

• Brittni

i dont get it

• angelah

a great postcard! jk

• Meli

Look how cute they are!Where are they?

• Nando

Yeah, I don’t get it either. LOL!!!!

What’s the secret?! lol

• angelah

saw this on the older thread (thanks to bluemoon and PamgelaTexas

• Nando

OH okay, the story JUST now loaded. Haha! :D

• Passing Through

Jared & Audrey – You guys are the bestest bloggers evah!

• bdj

What a beautiful picture. Thanks Just Jared. I am glad that BP had such a wonderful birthday surprise. Happy “early” Birthday to Braddy and many more. AJ is really supporting BP’s passion for architecture. She is a good wife and Mother. Best Wishes to BAMZS

• Meli

Ok,my question has been answered.Thank you JJ,that is really sweet.

• kelly

That’s sweet. I visted fallingwaters over a year ago and it was great; I’m not even an architecture buff so I can imagine how siked Brad Pitt must of been.

• lookwhaticando

Awww, they look so cozy, I just love this couple, I am always hungry for more Jolie-Pitts pic’s and stories.

• Jolie4ever

awwwwwwwwwwwwww soo cute =)

thanks everyone esp JJ

• lookwhaticando

angelah Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:43 pm
    a great postcard! jk

=======================
    I think it would be a great Christmas card to send to their family and friends, however the only thing missing are the kids..

• piper, with a low

I know I said that I hoped Jared wouldn’t post it, but I’m glad he did.
    HYPOCRITE!!

They look so cute, like two little kids.

• BAMZS FOREVER!

jared rules! Thank you! They both look so cute!

• piper, with a low

‘HYPOCRITE’ refers to me, not to you, Jared.

• African Girl

Oh My God…That IS SO SWEET!!! Is it possible to fall in love with a couple…I don’t mean Love…Love them, I mean IN LOVE….coz I am. These two are so CUTE!!! Beautiful…Just Beautiful.

Thanks Jared and Audery, you’re me second best couple!!!

• lookwhaticando

This is one of the reasons why I know that Brad is so very inlove with this woman, how thougtful, I love how they feed off each others loves and interest. They are so perfect for each other.

• guli

Jared and Audrey, thank you so much!!!!!

Man, they look GORGEOUS. I just love this couple and all of their kids and many more to come :lol:

• Alexanderina

Thanks Jared, they are so adorable and cute, love the snowy background

• deena

how cute, Angelina’s so thoughtful. She could’ve got him some ostentatious gift, but instead gave him a gift he probably wouldn’t have gotten around to doing himself. and they look like a couple of kids out in the snow. oh, I wish I could hug them.

• piper, with a low

Whoa… look at their height difference. Is Brad standing on a phone book?

• raqchel

aww….so cute……they look like some kids…….getting ready to have a snow ball fight…….they are so cute………well let the pitts week of full force media begin…come one GG come one………

• COLD HARD MATH

Baby it’s cold outside! Too cute!

Thanks Jared!

• African Girl

I’m IN LOVE, I’m IN LOVE. Honestly, forget GC…I mean GC who?…I have found the new love of my life and that BP AND AJ. I don’t know how we’re gonna work it out about I am IN LOVE with this two and I don’t mean I LOVE THEM, I mean I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THEM!!!

Thanks Jared and Audery, you two are my second best couple.

• lookwhaticando

piper, with a low Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:55 pm
    Whoa… look at their height difference. Is Brad standing on a phone book?

==========================
    LOL, I don’t think it is a phone book Piper, I think he is just standing on an incline, or slop, he is tall, but not that much taller than his lady Angie.

• African Girl

# deena Says:
    December 8th, 2006 at 1:55 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Or a GIRLS GONE WILD DVD :razz:

• Alexanderina

I just love this part:

• schae

Oh they look so happy and in love and comfortable with each other, and I’m liking the fact that Angie went with an original idea, somthing that she knew he would love and appreciate. BAMZS FOREVER

• Mary

They looks so cute. And I do not get it either… :D :D :D

Than you Just Jared. :)

• http://www.justjared.com/2006/12/07/angelina-jolie-vogue-scans/#comments alana

something tells me this tops the Girls Gone
    Wild DVDs that Chin gave him.

:lol:

• piper, with a low

I am so loving this pic. Brad and Angelina look great, naturally, but the snow-covered trees, the waterfall and the building in the background just make them seem more real, for some reason. Is it me or are their outdoor pics the $h*t! The family pic in Africa, their trip to the Paris carousel, the animal retreat, the motorbike ride in Vietnam, and now this.

• angelah

African Girl Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 2:00 pm
    # deena Says:
    December 8th, 2006 at 1:55 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Or a GIRLS GONE WILD DVD
    ____________________________________________________

I was thinking about this as well.. :-P

• mj

I LOVE HOW SWEET THEY ARE TO EACH OTHER!!! I’m sure this gift meant so much to him. Amazing how being such a architecture buff that this hasn’t happened before.

• lookwhaticando

And they are touching, I bet brad look at her and asked, are you warm enough baby. Just a all out wonderful couple. I am so very happy for Angie, I think she has finally found the man that is going to be there completely for her and her kids. And loves her with every fiber of his soul.. She deserves all the happiness that Brad is giving her..

oops AG beat me to the punch! lol

• Alexanderina

African Girl Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Jared and Audery, you two are my second best couple.
    ————————————————————————————————
    LOL, poor GC :lol: Oh AG, aren’t they so cute and adorable

• athena

Awww i love them!

• moonbeams

I hope they never tire of paying attention to each other’s interests and that they continue to love and support and learn and grow with each other. They look really happy. What a lovely moment to have captured in this picture. I wish them well. I really do.

• kidi

THIS IS A FANTASTIC PICTURE! Thank you. I love Brad’s arm reaching to Angie.

• http://UK fan

do you think they were feeding each other,when they sat down to eat.I think that was Angelina’s plan from the look of things.She took a long time planning this.
    thanks JJ

• Alexanderina

Hey Guys, can you hear the loud screaming coming from the Ocean? Oh my goodness it is such a terrible sound, sorry guys but I could not help myself :lol: :lol:

• PamgelaTexas

Angie looks like she swallowed a canary…she is the bomb! I agree with African Girl, I am in love with both of them. They are the royal couple of the world. I like that they are celebrating Braddie’s birthday early and I bet Angie will be giving him lots more presents, at night, when the babies are asleep!! Oh, the thought!! YEOOWWW!

• Amaya

African Girl Says:
    December 8th, 2006 at 1:59 pm

I’m IN LOVE, I’m IN LOVE. Honestly, forget GC…I mean GC who?…
    ************
    Dang girl, I don’t want to change my story now?! lol

• angelah

lookwhaticando Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:50 pm
    angelah Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:43 pm
    a great postcard! jk

=======================
    ++++++++

yea it would be. Aww can you just picture the whole family w radiating smiles?:-D ahh

• shar

Hey angie, my daughter’s 3rd brithday is on the same day. Can you guys get her something too. Pretty please. By the way I LOVE, LOVE that pic of those 2, looking mighty fine and in love.

• Nonbeliever

They are so cute in that picture. Thanks for putting it up Jared!

Beautiful!

• PamgelaTexas

Brad looks so appreciative of his love, AJ. I think he is so happy to have found someone that genuinely cares about him and not about his fame. Someone who appreciates what he is interested in and passionate about.