Angie's Secret Birthday Gift to Brad

Angie's Secret Birthday Gift to Brad

Brad Pitt turns 43 in ten days, Dec. 18 and Angelina Jolie had a secret birthday gift ready for him yesterday afternoon in Ohiopyle, (Bear Run), Pennsylvania.

The gift involved Fallingwater, one of architect Frank Lloyd Wright‘s works, which was designed in 1936 for the family of Pittsburgh department store owner Edgar J. Kaufmann. (Fallingwater is the building behind Brad and Angelina.) Read all about it after the jump!!

The Pittsburgh Channel has the story:

Brangelina In Town For Pitt’s Secret Birthday Present

The workers at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater got quite a surprise Thursday afternoon when Brad Pitt and Angelia Jolie showed up for a tour of the estate.

According to a spokesman for Fallingwater, Pitt and Jolie arrived just before 3 p.m. for the tour, Jolie‘s gift to Pitt for his birthday.

Brad said he had wanted to experience Fallingwater ever since he took an architectural history course in college,” Fallingwater’s curator of education Cara Armstrong said. “He and I talked quite a bit about design and art. He was incredibly well-informed about architecture.”

The couple took a two-hour private focused tour, led by Armstrong, who described the couple as “very gracious and very engaged in the house.”

Brad said he had a visual sense of Fallingwater but experiencing it in person, hearing the sound of the waterfall cascading under the house and smelling the wood from the fireplace was better than anything he could have imagined,” Armstrong said.

After the tour, Jolie had arranged to have champagne and caviar sent in, which the couple shared in a private birthday celebration in Fallingwater’s living room. Afterward, they invited the staff to join them and encouraged them to take the “snacks” home.

Arrangements for the visit began about a week before Thanksgiving when staff at Fallingwater received a call from Jolie‘s personal assistant in Asia.

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All
Me Again! @ 12/08/2006 at 1:41 pm

First…they look AWESOME!!!

Where is this from?

omg they’re so cuteeeeeeeee!! thanks for the pic j@red

i dont get it

a great postcard! jk

Look how cute they are!Where are they?

Yeah, I don’t get it either. LOL!!!!

What’s the secret?! lol

saw this on the older thread (thanks to bluemoon and PamgelaTexas

OH okay, the story JUST now loaded. Haha! :D

Passing Through @ 12/08/2006 at 1:45 pm

Jared & Audrey – You guys are the bestest bloggers evah!

What a beautiful picture. Thanks Just Jared. I am glad that BP had such a wonderful birthday surprise. Happy “early” Birthday to Braddy and many more. AJ is really supporting BP’s passion for architecture. She is a good wife and Mother. Best Wishes to BAMZS

Ok,my question has been answered.Thank you JJ,that is really sweet.

That’s sweet. I visted fallingwaters over a year ago and it was great; I’m not even an architecture buff so I can imagine how siked Brad Pitt must of been.

lookwhaticando @ 12/08/2006 at 1:48 pm

Awww, they look so cozy, I just love this couple, I am always hungry for more Jolie-Pitts pic’s and stories.

Jolie4ever @ 12/08/2006 at 1:48 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwww soo cute =)

thanks everyone esp JJ

lookwhaticando @ 12/08/2006 at 1:50 pm

angelah Says:

December 8th, 2006 at 1:43 pm
a great postcard! jk

=======================
I think it would be a great Christmas card to send to their family and friends, however the only thing missing are the kids..

piper, with a low @ 12/08/2006 at 1:51 pm

I know I said that I hoped Jared wouldn’t post it, but I’m glad he did.
HYPOCRITE!!

They look so cute, like two little kids.

BAMZS FOREVER! @ 12/08/2006 at 1:52 pm

jared rules! Thank you! They both look so cute!

piper, with a low @ 12/08/2006 at 1:53 pm

‘HYPOCRITE’ refers to me, not to you, Jared.

African Girl @ 12/08/2006 at 1:53 pm

Oh My God…That IS SO SWEET!!! Is it possible to fall in love with a couple…I don’t mean Love…Love them, I mean IN LOVE….coz I am. These two are so CUTE!!! Beautiful…Just Beautiful.

Thanks Jared and Audery, you’re me second best couple!!!

lookwhaticando @ 12/08/2006 at 1:54 pm

This is one of the reasons why I know that Brad is so very inlove with this woman, how thougtful, I love how they feed off each others loves and interest. They are so perfect for each other.

Jared and Audrey, thank you so much!!!!!

Man, they look GORGEOUS. I just love this couple and all of their kids and many more to come :lol:

Alexanderina @ 12/08/2006 at 1:54 pm

Thanks Jared, they are so adorable and cute, love the snowy background

how cute, Angelina’s so thoughtful. She could’ve got him some ostentatious gift, but instead gave him a gift he probably wouldn’t have gotten around to doing himself. and they look like a couple of kids out in the snow. oh, I wish I could hug them.

piper, with a low @ 12/08/2006 at 1:55 pm

Whoa… look at their height difference. Is Brad standing on a phone book?

aww….so cute……they look like some kids…….getting ready to have a snow ball fight…….they are so cute………well let the pitts week of full force media begin…come one GG come one………

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 731 » Show All