Barneys for Ben & Jen

Barneys for Ben & Jen

Jennifer Garner was spotted doing a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon at Barneys in Beverly Hills with hubby Ben Affleck and 1-year-old daughter Violet.

Ben recently spoke to USA Today about parenting: “I’ve never been very judicious about my own behavior or choices until they had an impact on people other than me. Obviously, my wife. And my daughter, who’s going to have my last name – I don’t want her to mutter it over a drink. I want her to be proud of her old man.”

He also spoke out about not selling baby Violet‘s pictures to magazines: “”We just didn’t sell them – that was the thing. I’m extraordinarily lucky and privileged and I’ve tried not to be bitter, but I have developed a reactionary defensiveness. But for my child, she didn’t make the bargain I did. She didn’t make that choice. And I don’t want her to have to pay for the parents’ sins. I try to protect her privacy. I’ll end up in the magazines, and that’s life, and I can live with it, but I try to shield my daughter.”

Ben‘s directorial debut, Gone, Baby, Gone, is due in 2007.

ben jen violet 01
ben jen violet 02
ben jen violet 03
ben jen violet 04

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

nice fam.good for them!

ceeusbeeus @ 12/18/2006 at 11:48 am

Lovely family.

I do not see that the kid is extra pretty. She is not ugly but nothing special as compared to little sci and the chosen one. Jen Garner is ok looking and kind a blah.

I love Jen, and I love Violet, but I don’t like how Jen dresses Violet I think that there are a lot of clothes nicer than Violet wears, but if she like it, is her election. I have my own opinion.

Drainbreath @ 12/18/2006 at 12:47 pm

If he’d sold his photos for charity other people’s daughters might benefit from the money and I’m sure Violet would be proud of that when she’s older. BA is a bit of deadhead

He may not be selling the photos but the paparazzi are sure making a killing. At least 1-3 pics of Violet with one or both the Affleck’s make it to the tabs every week. At least those selling photos of their child are donating the money to charity whereas proceeds from the tabs for Violet’s pics are lining the razzi’s pockets. But, hey, maybe these are planned photo ops for the ‘flecks. Good way to keep their names out their especially with Mr. ‘fleck campaigning for a GG and Oscar.

emma, not everybody who sold their baby’s pics gave the money to charity. Britney Spears, for one didn’t give the money to charity. Also Britney, the vulgar ****, is trying to find some other mag to buy the pics of her new baby. (who she is not raising).

ifindthemboring @ 12/18/2006 at 1:38 pm

No one is really that interested in Ben family pictures. He has a cute baby but we have all seen better. Overall this family is boring!

Ben looks tired of Jen.

Jen and Ben have different ideas about papz and baby picts because all you see is jen with and V,

Oh well that is their stuff.

Love me some Ben though.

Iagreewithifindthemboring Says @ 12/18/2006 at 2:37 pm

I agree with I find them boring!!! He did not sell the pictures because there was not an interest. People are so over Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.

NYCGalnVA @ 12/18/2006 at 3:12 pm

ITA! When Jen & Brad broke up, they were foisting these two up as the next “Golden” couple….. too bad Brad traded up to Angie…denying Bennifer2 the crown….

I also sort of turned off JG after she dumped Michael Vartan for Ben Affleck and ruined the last two years of Alias bringing about it’s cancellation. I also wonder why THEY get no flack about hooking up when Brad & Angie are still being roasted after almost 2 years……JA & BA met on the set of Daredevil and there was talk about them back then and her former husband Scott Foley won’t even mention her name these days….

Sorry to say this, but I’m just waiting. Ben will get bored. He’s not really family oriented. Grew up w/o a pa, so what does he know?

I think they’re both plain to ugly. Ben’s head it to square, and Jen is too plain janish! It’s amazing that Violet is such a cuttie pie! Perhaps she’ll be a sea hag when she gets older!

NYCGalnVA, ditto to everything you just said. I can tell you why they, especially Garner, have received no flack…Garner’s PR people, namely Nicole King, have gone out of their way to cover Garner’s tracks. They practically turned the Vartan relationship into a one-month affair when in all reality they dated for over a year and lived together up to the day she left for Vancouver to film Elektra. And of course we all know that Foley was made to look like a bitter, jealous spouse because of Garner’s success when in all reality the downfall of a four plus year relationship and marriage began namely because of the DD set rumors. There was a lot of truth to those rumors. Personally, I think Garner deserves the same flack that Angelina Jolie, who is quite honest about her wrongs, continues to receive.

I like Ben with this Jen, then with jlo, but he just doesn`t seem happy with her. I hope I`m wrong. I don`t like the fact that he does not change diapers. That is just selfish! I don`t dislike Ben, but i don`t care for him as much as I use to. I do hope the best for all three.

to NYCGaiinVA .They got no flak because She was a free woman and so was he. Jen’s relationship with Vartan ended the begining of the yr.Obviously she wanted a serious relationship and he didn’t .And She wasn’t going out with Affleck when they did DD those were just rumors ,He was with JLo at the time.If anything they been friends for a long time since Pearl Harbor .So it wasn’t like they had a torrid love affair on the set like Angelina and Brad had.Any relatinoship that starts out with scandals ends up bad .Differnt relationship than Ben and Jen have.Boring and stable means lasting relationship .Personally I like them better ;)

No family pictures with Violet ? Come on Assfleck, who are you kidding !

Why is she hiding behind her kid? she is one of the first stars ive seen not hinding her child from all of the cameras, but trying to use her kid as a sheld for her self. Thats weird, or is it just me noticeing this?

I like the way Ben and Jen dress like ordinary people, live their lives as quietly and discreetly as they can. You think they’re “boring”? Excellent! That’s exactly what they’re aiming for. Violet’s clothes are the same sort of thing I’d buy for my grandchildren. Contrast this with Gwen Stefani, who dresses to the nines every time she goes out, plastered with makeup and that gawdawful woolly roll on top of her head. The baby is worn as an accessory, more or less. I find this just plain nasty.

Ben and Jen will go for the long haul…they’ve both run through quite a few other romances, and love their little girl dearly.

Remember: marrying without a prenup is the ultimate Leap of Faith.

Nicky, you don’t have a clue, do you? Michael and Jennifer were living together up until the day she left for Vancouver on May 3. I know because I lived down the street from them. They had returned from a short vacation in Las Cabos the very day she left for VC. Michael even visited her twice while she was there, in mid-May and Memorial Day Weekend. She and Ben were seen in downtown Vancouver in mid-June. In a month and a half, she had moved out of one man’s bed into another. Once again, you and others are reading into what her PR people want you to think.

Yeah, I remember that Michael and Jennifer had been living together, but I also remembered that Michael’s home was being renovated, so that negates the seriousness and commitment that you imply. Even going by your timeline, a relationship of 1 year also doesn’t indicate a huge commitment that should never be broken. Britney Spears was married for longer than that.

As for Foley, he said himself that there was no cheating involved. If she truly had cheated on him, I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded saying otherwise. Unlikely that there was really cheating going on at DD; that was at the height of Ben’s JLo’s phase when he was absolutely crazed for JLo, and besides, Ben had already met Jen G on Pearl Harbor. But, there were indeed lots of scattered reports about how Foley was resenting Jennifer’s success, and this was before their marriage broke up. If DD had a part in that, it was because DD was Jen’s big movie debut. If Nicole King was that much an expert, she would have made sure that those reports were never published because a happy marriage was part of Jen’s image.

Finally, I KNOW you don’t know when she and Ben started sleeping together, which makes your statement about her moving out of one man’s bed into another kind of disturbing. It’s interesting that you judge her by the amount of time in between relationships–how long do you give yourself in between relationships? Give me a time that you feel would be more appropriate. Maybe Jen should have thrown herself on a funeral pyre? Funny, according to your thinking, JG is evil, she’s probably worse than a woman who has 6 one-night stands in the space of 7 days, because she moved on from one relationship to another (!) in less than 2 months (gasp). Also, she and Ben might have been hanging out in Vancouver in June, but he was there for his Elektra cameo, and I doubt you know for certain if they actually started their relationship then too, as opposed to at the end of summer when they were actually photographed and clearly going out.

NYCGalnVA @ 12/18/2006 at 8:30 pm

Thank You Emma! I remember that Los Cabos trip to Mexico JG took w MV because JG said it was one of the things she received in her Oscar gift bag when she was a presenter and wore that great looking orange dress. She and MV even met up at the VF afterparty…so much for them splitting at the beginning of the year…. JG & MV’s split in the summer was under a cloud of secrecy…..MV was working on the Mother -In-Law with JLo and JG even visited him on the set…..Then JG came back from shooting Electra and was photographed alone…bought a new house. …..and latched on to Ben Affleck by the fall…..

As for AJ & BP having a torrid affair….Hollywood knew JA & BP’s marriage had been over since 2003…..I’d believe AJ ( and Brad Pitt too) before I’d believe JG anymore….AJ’s new Vogue interview reads just like her previous interviews….the woman tells the truth, and that comes from ALOT of folks that have interviewed her….she doesn’t care what folks say or think about her about her….look at all the lies the tabloids have written on her and Pitt the last two years…..they both know their truth…..

Interviews w JG used to sound like she was some “Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm”…all innocent and everything…..and I believed it and I dismissed those who said it was all an act…. until her split w MV opened my eyes to her true character….. as Emma said her PR folks tried to “erase” MV from her life and reduce their year-plus long relationship to “they only dated about a month” ……I have a very bad taste in my mouth about this as her behavior cost MV his job on Alias…….and the wrath of alot of fans when she got pregnant and became a producer of Alias and had it written into the script that MV was her baby’s father…..talk about rubbing salt into a wound…..it ruined Alias and Sydney Bristow…..Her pregnancy DID NOT NEED TO BE WRITTEN INTO ALIAS!!……THAT KILLED THE SHOW……no one wanted to see a pregnant Sydney…….it CHANGED the WHOLE DYNAMIC of the show…..it pi$$es ABC off too as it was the first show they cancelled in the new year…..I have the first four season DVD’s of the show but I have yet to purchase the last season….it is painful to watch what she did to my favorite show with her OFF Screen behavior….

Violet's Auntie @ 12/18/2006 at 8:42 pm

Oh good grief. Vartan himself said the relationship wasn’t that serious. JG was not the cause of Alias being cancelled. It was a show that lasted longer than it’s ratings and its plotlines. Vartan’s moved on, why can’t you?

I suppose Jen could carry Violet on her back, then she would be shielding her daughter appropriately. Not.

I agree with NYCGaln. I’ve never been a fan of Jennifer Garner nor was an avid follower of Alias, but I can see through her deceit. While Ben was still with JLo and they shot DD, Jennifer was really smitten with Ben. You can see it from the interviews and when the whole cast of DD had a sit down dinner interview. She chased after Ben, called him constantly on the set of Elektra (when they written off Ben’s role in it), telling him she misses her, get herself knocked-up so Ben will marry her.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All