Brad Pitt Going to Golden Globes?

Brad Pitt Going to Golden Globes?

The question on many minds is: Will Brad Pitt (and of course, Angelina Jolie) be making it out to the Golden Globes this year? His film Babel leads with 7 nominations, including best motion picture. Tune in live this Monday, Jan. 15 @ 8PM ET/PT on NBC to find out!

Pictured: Brad Pitt filming more scenes for The Case of Benjamin Button, chilling on set, and traveling via inflatable boat.

[Pictures via SimplyBrad]
brad pitt new orleans 14
brad pitt new orleans 15
brad pitt new orleans 16

Posted to: Brad Pitt

Getty
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger has a message for Donald Trump - TMZ
  • Sabrina Carpenter had to cut her concert short because of the weather - Just Jared Jr
  • Someone had 13 surgeries to look like Ivanka Trump - TooFab
  • Jaime King has a new movie role lined up - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Savannah Chrisley and Luke Kennard have broken up - Just Jared Jr
  • bluemoon

People’s Mail Bag Says
    Thanks :D Love it, probably there were no sot good letters too, but looks like the good feedback was more than the other one :D.

• c.k. dexter haven

thank you. i think it’s spot on. her claw hands and the stick up her butt prevent her from truly enjoying him. so anything past 7 years would be an achievement for her beyond measure.

• lol

c.k. dexter haven Says:

January 11th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

ok Jennifer, move on

• alero

Thanks Jared. If Brad and Angelina don’t go to the GG, I will be watching 24.

Bless BAMZS

• vote for Angie
  • c.k. dexter haven

no i dont think i will but thanks anyway

• bluemoon

From Simply Brad:

Film project brings in money for local businesses: Paramount Pictures spent an estimated $1.5 million while shooting four days of feature film footage around the Virgin Islands – an economic boost enabled by the quick-moving cooperation of several local agencies. Officials from the V.I. departments of Tourism, Planning and Natural Resources, Justice, Police, Fire and Housing, Parks and Recreation, along with the V.I. National Park, teamed up to ensure that shooting “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” around local beaches last week would be legally and logistically possible.

Lights.. Camera.. Action!: The first major Hollywood movie to be shot in the Virgin Islands in years has produced major star power for the territory – along with hopes that the once lively local film industry can be fired up again. “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, was shot for four days around St. Thomas, St. John, Water Island and Hans Lollik, wrapping up locally around 3 a.m. on Saturday

• bdj

Thanks Just Jared. You are the Man! Thanks for all the updates and lively discussion on BP and AJ. The fans are very informative and supportive of BP and especially AJ. Best wishes to BAMZS.

• Estelle

Thanks Amaya for the update, I can not wait to read it tonight….you are awesome.

(warning you may experience drooling, thudding, and eyes popping symptom)
    ((((http://celebritybabylon.com/includes/showVideo.php?ImageID=7594))))

I tried to post this twice but I guess, may be JJ block this link. I saw this link in the last thread. I thought it was so sweet and loving video.

• CLINIQUA

Hey guys…you know me….talk shows and awards shows make me nervous as all hell – so I don’t watch the first viewing…I like to get prepped by those who did…so I’ll be taping the show to watch at a later point……I would like a short detailed report of how Brad & Angie look on the red carpet (praying they show up together) and what Brad says if he wins…please it won’t take but a hot minute (and should occur fairly quickly if best supporting actor is first)…but please get back here to JJ’s and post the low-down I’ll be waiting.

By the way, just checked E!’s site…like I said on the last thread, if they start digging at AJ using her quotes out of context and against her, I think Brad should go ahead with his trespassing lawsuit against them that he was holding off on…but when I went to their site just now..I saw nothing about Ange or her comments. That’s a smart and wise decision E!.

• elizabeth

i hope he goes cause if he does it will be my first time watching the GG!!!

• think positive!
  • fer

I go to assitir GG just because of the Brangelina! They have that to go!!!

• RobinQ

Thanks for the new thread Jared. Brad looks hot as always. I can’t wait for the Golden Globes.

• indie

Just out of curiousity, why would Brad not attend the GG? I mean, why is there even a question about whether he will go? There is no mean-ness in this question,okay, I seriously want to know why there is a question as to whether or not he will go???? The GG are an honor,right? And Babel deserves it.

Now, this is mean….. NTT…..why are you looking for the haters? You live for this shit. I don’t think you would be happy unless haters showed up. I remember even reading your post a while back where you said you were going to other posts to “look” for the haters. That’s sick.

• BCBG

Bringing back the The Big Easy

Although he and Jolie have helped a host of worthy causes around the world, Pitt has taken a special interest in aiding the New Orleans rebuilding effort. Last spring the actor joined with the environmental group Global Green USA to build a sustainable community center and housing in the city’s devastated Lower Ninth Ward.

After a nationalwide contest, the winning architects were revealed at an August press conference, at which Pitt promised to return to the Crescent City for the groundbreaking. Pitt–who will be filming all winter in Louisiana–plan on keeping his word. The ecofriendly project is on track to begin construction in February or March. “We’re making really quick progress,” says Matt Peterson, Global Green’s president. “Brad has been involved in every step along the way. We briefed him on every development, and he continues to be very excited.”

Having consulted with the architects, contractors and neighborhood and city leaders, Petersen says that the completed project, which will contain a visitors’ center, places for local people to gather and 20 subsidized apartments, will make ‘everybody proud–we will provide resources for the entire community.” That’s what Pitt hoped when he discussed the project with Global Green in September 2006. “When we conceived of this, ” recalls Petersen, “the reality was we knew what was possible, but it’s amazing to make that possibility a reality.”

• crybabyAniston

I don’t understand all the doubts about Brad and Angie going to the Golden Globes together….the question should be what will the wear to the event or is Angie and Brad going to win best dress couple award.

• African Girl

One last pop in before leaving….and what a surprise. Thanks Jared.

#3 / Johanna
    Lmao….thank God I’m not a 24 fan, so my night is dedicated to the GG.

#7 / Original Curious
    Lol….that’s funny. Once I got so excited about being first, I could barely type….when I finally did, I was #4. Ughhh! I was so angry…lol.

#12 / Stranger
    Just want to say well done and thank you.

#20 / Julia
    Are you Original Julia? Sorry, I’m a bit confused. Anyway, just wanted to say hi…see, you posting but never get a chance to say hi. (Stupid Fanistons….always distracting us from what’s important.)

#24 / Gitane
    Do you think Norman missed BP? Wait….was Norman before or after the divorce?

#25, #28 and #30 / People mag 1/12/01
    Thank you for that. The last letter from Patti COX….Hmmmm.

BBL

• julia

indie Says:

January 11th, 2007 at 6:26 pm

I agree No worries guys , He will be there, at the PSFF he said I’ll be focusing on the GG next
    week.. :)

I’m sure Angelina will be there too, why wouldn’t she? I can’t wait..

• indie

crybabyAniston Says:

January 11th, 2007 at 6:29 pm
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree. She usually looks stunning so I wonder what she will wear that night.

• Boycott all baby doll burning Hags

Of course they’ll go. :)

• think positive!

ntt Says:
    January 11th, 2007 at 6:17 pm

Is that Cate in the pics with umbrella and in the coffe shop?
    ————————-
    Yep it’s Cate. She wears the same red wig she whore in the first pictures we saw them shooting.

• ntt

Finally, I know I’ve made it after almost a year and a half on JJ. Hurray! :lol:

• Observer2

I don’t understand why there is a question if he will go or not. At the PS Film Festival he said he wouldn’t be thinking about the GG’s until this weekend. Babel has 7 nominations, his being one them. He’s been very supportive of this film. Both he and Cate are nominated and Paramount is the studio behind Babel and BB, so the shooting schedule would be adjusted at the studios own doing to accomodate awards season.

c.k. dexter haven Says:

January 11th, 2007 at 6:20 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Awww, look. C.K. dexter, you’re the true definition of someone that has a stick up their ass. You’re cranky. Have that sucker removed.

• bluemoon

From The Envelope

Golden Globe predix, part 1: best pictures
    If members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association had voted back when the Golden Globe nominations came out in mid-December, the winners would be very different from what they will be this Monday night. Over the past few weeks I’ve chatted with lots of them and dished with others close to the group, charting the evolution of HFPA groupthink.

Originally, they would’ve voted for “The Departed” for best drama pic. That might still happen, but the growing surge for “Babel” — which they helped to build by giving it the most nominations — will now probably pay off with a top win. The “Babel” bandwagon has become such a giant iron juggernaut that it’s even possible that Adriana Barraza could even pull off an upset over “Dreamgirls’” Jennifer Hudson! Really! I don’t think it’ll happen, but that’s among the jawdroppers that could occur at the gala.

But “Dreamgirls” has rallied, too. Initially, it didn’t do as well as expected among the nominees. Poor Bill Condon got gypped out of bids for writing or directing. Back then HFPA membership was still a bit too over-smitten with all that “Borat” biz, so much so that “Borat” probably would’ve beaten “Dreamgirls” for best comedy/musical pic if the vote had been held in mid-December. Not only was the national craze hitting full tilt then, but the Hollywood foreign press has a special, highly personal affinity for this film about a foreign journalist feeling goofy and out of place in America. Maybe even call it a spiritual connection.

But that hysteria’s died down a bit and perhaps reason has been (somewhat) restored. Since mid-December “Dreamgirls” has had a sensational boom at the box-office and standing ovations mid-movie coast to coast. HFPA is impressed by that. Now they’re leaning back toward “Dreamgirls,” which would’ve ebeen their national inclination anyway. At the Globes successful musicals usually win: think “Moulin Rouge,” “Chicago” and “Evita.” But they must be perceived as successful, which “Dreamgirls” is.

• Alexanderina

Thanks Jared for the new thread and the pictures of the Hotness that is Brad Pitt

• Andrómeda

Thanks JJ for the photos.

He looks great and casual as always. The man in unique.

• julia

African Girl Says:

#20 / Julia
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi AG

yep.. Original julia.. lol
    I think the other julia stays on the X thread..Thank god… :)
    cheers..

• BCBG

justin and cameron —announced officially over

• phie

yeah loving it…. Brad looks hot ever..

• Andrómeda

Gitane, are you still here?

I responded to you, but my post didn´t appear in the other thread, so here I go again: I don´t have any problem paying for the postage. So please send the Vogue coy to me.
    I have the e-mails of some of the oldies here, I believed that I also have yours, but I don´t have it apparently. So I´m giving you my e-mail: lujanfranco35@yahoo.com.ar Please write me, and I´ll give you my house address.
    Thank you very much.

• FAYE

Brad has a beautiful smile. He lights up a room.

• FAYE

It looks like Brad had a haircut.

Thanks JJ.

• anustin

#51 jen,i understand your pain,you wer married for i’ll say 7 years no child at all……what happen?how come brad impregnated angie in just how many months…..snip,snip,huhuhuhu….i know it hurts!b/coz not only that,he fathered zahara and madox!let me put it this way,brad dump you,spit on you and most of all kicked your freaggin a$$!i know it hurts…….everything in you hurts!let me leave you this….thou art unfit any place but hell…

• BAM

Just watched E, and they attacked AJ with words from the Elle article. They tried to paint her as the worst mother; you know the “blob” and favors the adopted kids. Like Cliniqua said earlier – I hope Brad sues them.

• Leo

is that cate blanchett in the pics with brad? It looks a lot like her.

• Amaya

Original Curious, Alex, Estelle and anyone else reading MB2, here is chapter 4!

• bluemoon

+++++++++++++
    E! has been the very pro Aniston since the started, I’m not surprised at all and I really don’t care, Guliana and Ryan are way too annoying for me.

• Kaz

why would he sue them? they are only repeating what she said. if she truly cared about the potential of her words getting “twisted” (and they are not twisting anything), then she should have been smart enough to know that she would need to clarify and make her sentiments really clear. but as it is, she was clear as she could be. she loves the others more and is more attentive to them. there’s no way to talk around that, people, try as you might.

how come we havent seen shi in a baby bjorn? angelina can’t be bothered because it would mean that she would be forced to attend to shi and she just cant do that.

that plus being sick of getting hand jobs from her bony hands plus the fact that she just isn’t fun outside of bed will cause brad to have to end it. and it will be him who will end it. they can’t even deal with 3 kids and they are going to have 10? i don’t think so. brad still wants a little life for himself.

so let it be written, so let it be done.

• piper, with a low

BAM Says:

January 11th, 2007 at 7:08 pm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

E journalists are such wh*res!!! You know that they will be the first reporters in Brad and Angelina’s face. Someone may have the stones to question her on the Elle interview and Guilianna and Ryan will fold like the pieces of tissue they are. Unless, Guilianna remembers her New Year’s jaunt with ___.

• He’s said all he has to say

Kaz Says:
    January 11th, 2007 at 7:20 pm

Idiot.

• Gussie

me Says:
    January 11th, 2007 at 6:02 pm

I like the shirt. Anyone know what’s it refering to? Knight Kats Berlin?

****
    “knight kats” seems to be a jazz band (googled it) :)

• Frenchy

Of course Brad will be there. BABEL was one of the nominees for Best Film. He will always support this film. he’s proud of it. The Golden Globes are one step up from the People’s Choice but one step down from the SAG and two steps down from the Oscars. The GG nominations and winners are chosen by about 55 people.

FYI:
    The Hollywood Foreign Press Association was founded more than 60 years ago by a group of Los Angeles-based journalists working for overseas publications. Its annual Golden Globe awards have enabled the non-profit organization to donate more than $6.5 million in the past twelve years to entertainment-related charities, as well as funding scholarships and other programs for future film and television professionals. In the year 2006 the donation was more than one million dollars.

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is known worldwide for its glittering Golden Globe awards ceremony held every January and its multi-million dollar donations to charity; but its origins were humble and stemmed solely from a group of journalists’ desire to efficiently and accurately cover all aspects of the world of entertainment.

Today the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association represent some 55 countries with a combined readership of more than 250 million. Their publications include leading newspapers and magazines in Europe, Asia, Australasia and Latin America, ranging from the Daily Telegraph in England to Le Figaro in France, L’Espresso in Italy and Vogue in Germany as well as the China Times and the pan-Arabic magazine Kul Al Osra.

Thanks JJ

• think positive!

BAM Says:
    January 11th, 2007 at 7:08 pm
    ——————————–
    Gossip channels are just doing their job. Spreading Shit around.I don’t know if he will sue or not. But E! channel never got a chance to interview him in any Red Carpet event or get any scoop from him. It was always Extra or Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood.

• SKEPTIC

Baby bjorns= Love?

Right!!!

• just wondering

kaz aka ritzygirl, brad wont be callin your stalker ass.

• NonBeliever

Kaz Says:

Give yourself a hand job and fuck off

I feel better :D

• freidaflo

TMZ -header

“BRANGELINA WHO , PAPPARAZZI WAIT FOR BECKHAMS”.

Great news for the BAMZS. I hope the paps will give the PITTs some break.

• Brad’s tiny weiner

why havent we seen Brad holding shiloh like he does z and m?

• tabloids

E channel has a possible lawsuit from Brad for going to his house unlawfully when he wasn’t in the U.S.