Eva Mendes: Not Sharpest Tool in Shed
Eva Mendes is Maxim Magazine February 2007‘s cover girl! Here are some highlights from Eva‘s interview with Maxim:
- On gal pal Cameron Diaz: “I love Cameron. If I were a guy I’d ask Cameron to marry me. She’s got the greatest spirit, and she has the cutest, tightest butt. Her butt is so cute I can’t take it.”
- On the toughness that comes across in most of her on-screen characters: “In real life I’m not tough. I’m more of a cuddle bug than a tough sex goddess. I may look like a bad girl, but I’m just built that way. I’m actually a good girl.”
- On working with Hollywood’s leading men:”I’ve been lucky. All the guys I’ve worked opposite are amazing. I’d be blind as a bat not to have chemistry with Johnny Depp, Will Smith and Denzel Washington.”
- On selling her soul to the devil: “I feel like I sell my soul a little bit every day in the business. It’s a barter system. You take certain role you don’t want on the assumption that it will pay off somewhere down the line.”
- On how she kept her energy up on set: “I had a Red Bull problem. I was up to seven a day. Red Bull wanted to send me a mini-fridge. I was like, “No!” It’s like giving a crack addict free crack.”
- On being more voluptuous for the role of Roxanne in “Ghostrider”:“I wanted to make comic book fans happy. The original Roxanne was blonde and blue-eyed, but she also had huge bajoongas. If I gain weight it goes to my boobs and my butt. I figured since I can’t be blonde and blue-eyed, I’ll at least have her bra size. So the bajoongas got big. They were out of control.
- On not being obsessed with her weight: “I don’t complain about gaining weight. It was actually fun. I love my body. I believe in cherishing myself as a woman. But I don’t’ want to come off like I’m this totally in-control person, because I’m definitely not.”
- On one of her flaws:“I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. I like a man to be smarter than me so I can learn from him. I like a superintellectual with an edge. Having an edge means not always abiding by the rules. I like a little danger. A little mischief.”
Eva Mendes‘s Maxim cover hits newsstands January 13th.