Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

A source close to the production of Sin City 2 is claiming that Angelina Jolie is out of the running and Rachel Weisz is in. Director Robert Rodriguez has always wanted Angelina to star in his sequel Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For but because of scheduling conflicts, it looks like Rachel might be taking on the role of Ava Lord. Rachel Weisz: A Dame To Kill For? Hmmmm…

Christopher Polk/Getty

1,620 Comments

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 765 » Show All

Mediterranean, I hope you have a good recovery. I’m sending you all my love, hun. :)

Hi Mediterranean, I am glad to hear from you. I hope and pray that your body and heart will heal and recover fully. Take heart in knowing that so many people around the world are thinking of you and including you and your family in our prayers.

And greetings to Missouri Fan as well. Thank you for welcoming me in the previous thread. We are experiencing a hard winter in Seattle as well so I can sympathize with those of you experiencing the snow and ice. Hope you stay safe and be warm. I am still voting for Angie for you.

im glad shes out!b/coz shes preggo again!!!!eat that fanistonz!bwahahahaha….

Original jpf @ 01/17/2007 at 8:24 am

Morning

I have been saying all along anywhere that the subject came up that Angelina I just don’t think she’d be in the role, and at every turn I’d get shot down. I mean I have had some people cuss me out online about my doubts!

After the kids start coming fast and furious and the way Brad talked about watching what he does now because of the kids, and Angelina talking more and more about working less. She just seemed like each time the subject of SC2 came up she was seriously general and non-commital.

T’s aren’t crossed, and i’s not yet dotted and so there still may be a chance, but I’m not holding out for it.

Thanks Jared & Audrey

jpf

Estelle, Alex and hunnybunny, I don’t know if you saw my post in the last thread, but I updated MB2 last night.

Original jpf @ 01/17/2007 at 8:30 am

11 Mediterranean: January 17th, 2007 at 6:44 am

I’m glad to hear from you and hope that with each passing day things will get easier in every way.

jpf

Mediterranean Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 6:44 am

Med, bless your heart. I hope you are ok. It happend to my best friend about three years ago. She was 5months pregnant when it happened. It was so painful, but she survived, and a year ago she gave birth to my God Daughter.

You are in my prayers, and I hope your little girl is okay. You will come through this experience stronger.

Rachel Weisz In Sin City 2
By Josh Tyler: 2007-01-17 03:37:41

Almost since the first Sin City debuted back in 2005, it’s been pretty clear that Robert Rodriguez has wanted Angelina Jolie as the star of the sequel Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For. Somehow though, Jolie just hasn’t been able to fit it into her schedule. Now, after a lot of delays on the project, it looks like she may have been replaced.

A source claiming to be close to the production contacted me tonight to let us know that Angelina Jolie is out, and Rachel Weisz is in. Our source, who asked to remain anonymous, says that Rachel is in talks with Robert Rodriguez’s people about taking on the role of Ava Lord, the titular “Dame to Kill For” in the original comic on which Sin City 2 is going to be based. If she gets locked in, rumor has it that Sin City 2 will finally start shooting in 2008.

Now a disclaimer. I hate anonymous sources as much as anyone else. Don’t rely on them, I don’t. Please take the above as nothing more than a wild and completely unsubstantiated rumor until we can find some less anonymous confirmation.

As for Rachel Weisz, Sin City 2 definitely sounds like the kind of movie she’d be interested in. In that sense the rumor works. But I have hard time picturing her as a dame to kill for. I love Rachel Weisz, she’s a brilliant and beautiful actress, but she’s not exactly the same type of smoking hot bombshell you’d get in Angelina Jolie. If you’re looking for someone to play a woman so hot men kill for her, you look for a more smoldering beauty. Scarlett Johansson maybe.

But that doesn’t mean Robert Rodriguez won’t cast her anyway. We’ll keep an eye out for more information on this rumor as it develops.

Okay, what’s wrong with the tabloids like Star and Life and Style? Why they keep going with this triagle nonsense. It come to a point that is really disrespectiful with the 3 of them. Who in their right mind still buy this tabloids anyways.

TAFTOUFA! @ 01/17/2007 at 9:13 am

WAW I LOVE RACHEL SO MUCH but the role goes better on angelinaaaaaaaa!

Us weekly again!

“Angelina a Diva at Vogue Cover Shoot”
They even run the poll ask : Do you think there’s a growing backlash against Angelina?

GO TO HELL Us weekly !!!

Isabelle II @ 01/17/2007 at 9:17 am

Mediterranean , good morning hope you are doing better.
Missouri Fan, Amaya, bdj, green lettuce and all other BAMZS fans here I’m still buzzing from the GG. You know what? I have just given up on trying to keep up with threads, if I go back and read what was said before, I’m missing out on what’s going on now. I think with all that’s going on in her life she doesn’t really have the time to do this movie, besides, I think she’s into more meaningful movies now.

The Golden Globes should have been all about Brad, but Angelina being so moody and ******y all night took the spotlight away from him. Out of Respect for Brad She should have faked it even if she didn’t want to be there.
Just makes her look selfish and self centered.

Ryan Seacrest is STUPID @ 01/17/2007 at 9:32 am

I think Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 9:26 am
===================

Ryan Seacrest is so stupid asking stupid questions; he should be fired and I won’t watch E! again.

Lurking Lurker @ 01/17/2007 at 9:36 am

Angie was trying to keep the spotlight on Brad by not jumping in and answering questions and now she is being accused of taking the spotlight from Brad by not jumping and answering questions. How the h*ll does that make sense?

Remember FOREST WHITAKER?! He won best actor and no one is talking about it yet they do extensive coverage on Angie not smiling at Ryan Bubblehead Secrest. The media is F’ed up and that is the real problem. Angie does not owe anyone a smile, she is not a puppet on strings.

Isabelle II @ 01/17/2007 at 9:41 am

TAFTOUFA! Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 9:13 am
WAW I LOVE RACHEL SO MUCH but the role goes better on angelinaaaaaaaa!

———-
hello ! how are you? I think Scarlet would be OK in this role, she reminds me more of Angelina, I’ve never seen Rachel’s work.

Just asking @ 01/17/2007 at 9:52 am

What questions did Ryan S asked Angelina?

Very wierd that US is bringing that info now, I mean the cover of vogue was shoot like 4 months ago. The Press lately is trying to make a big deal of everything she does, I hope in the next months she can have some peace in NO.

I think Says:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bowl of Stupid for breakfast?

why was she all smiles when she was out with her friend in New Orleans, but at the GG she seemed so miserable and it looked like it killed her to talk or smile.

Lurking Lurker Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 9:36 am

++++++++++++++++++++++

It doesn’t …It’s an Orwellian world out there!

ploypaphat @ 01/17/2007 at 10:07 am

? Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 10:00 am

******************************************************************

WHAT???
You should watch this and SHUT UP!!!

Ryan Seacrest is STUPID @ 01/17/2007 at 10:07 am

? Says:
January 17th, 2007 at 10:00 am
++++++++++++++

Well, I have seen the GG coverage on NBC and she is so regal, comfortable and all smiles.

Gosh I am not Angelina, but I cringed when Ryan Seacrest asked her about “preparing breakfast”. Goodness gracious, they are not in a cooking TV show but the Golden Globes awards show.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 765 » Show All