Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

A source close to the production of Sin City 2 is claiming that Angelina Jolie is out of the running and Rachel Weisz is in. Director Robert Rodriguez has always wanted Angelina to star in his sequel Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For but because of scheduling conflicts, it looks like Rachel might be taking on the role of Ava Lord. Rachel Weisz: A Dame To Kill For? Hmmmm…

Getty
  • Marc Anthony regrets not being there for his kids - US Weekly
  • Prince traveled miles for an alleged pill addiction - TMZ
  • Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky got matching tattoos - Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Skylar Stecker and Silento's new song - Just Jared Jr
  • Beyonce and Jay Z remove their wedding rings - Radar
  • Mandy Moore is going to make you nostalgic - Huffington Post
  • Watch Queen Elizabeth do some trash talking - Lainey Gossip
  • Hamilton pays tribute to Rent's 20th anniversary - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Gussie
  • jq

micro Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 11:19 am

WELL SAID. ITA.
    But I’m wondering could it be the nudity needed in that role ? Angeline seems less than eager to have this kind of role lately.

• Virgo

I think Angie has been having second thoughts on sin City2 ever since. First, it was fortunate that she preggy when it was first offered to her, but now that she is not, she is still hesitating. I think its really because the role is quite sexy, i believe, and probably requires some nudity and sex scenes, even if its with Clive Owen. You know, when she was single, im sure she would have no hesitation. But with Brad with her now and with 3 kids, Im not sure if she is that open for that kind of sexy and raunchy role right now. Maybe Brad also is not so encouraging her, I know maybe it doesnt bother him, but i think he seems kinda’ possesive of Angie. Maybe he wouldnt mind if she is going to do it with him.

• Gussie
  • The Wise

Wow. I can see that FF has let its fence down again. Angelina Jolie is a wonderful actress. I would have liked to see her play this role but its okay if she doesn’t. I hear she has a number of other possible movies lined up.

• QQQQ

102
    u know its the truth Says: 11:31 am – Brad is NOT a TOY, he is a human being with feelings.

• ntt

Funny, now we are comparing who is a better actress. You have your own opinion, I have mine. We can argue back and forth until both of us turn blue in the face, and still the argument won’t end. If judged by the awards they have received, both have won BSA, and others. AJ is a GREAT actress, so is RW. But we are talking about this movie and this director. And as for this role, didn’t you read that Rodriguez has been WANTING and WAITING for AJ to be in his movie, since the conception of it? Doesn’t matter who you think is a better actress, it’s who the director thinks is better for the role. Enough arguing for now.

• Besane

I am kind of glad Angie is not doing Sin City. I think she said she is now going to chose the subject matter of films she will make, because of her kids. She has done plenty of this kind, and now she is carefully chosing her roles. I like Weisz very much, and this is a new territory for her. I loved her in Constant Gardener.

About Angie being “cold” on GG carpet, it’s because all those stupid TV interviewers harrassed them. I maybe paranoid, but could it be that the certain someone ORAGNE, who will be going back to TV land, had some nasty TV personel planted there to attack Jolie-Pitt on live TV out of spite? Like in, “TV land unite”? I know this is a stretch but I won’t be surprised. Huvaniston’s claws are long and nasty. They even bought Perez thought Cox’s show.

• Frenchy

Now she and Brad have more time to grow their family. Angelina has nothing to prove acting wise , box office wise and she has a cult following as evidenced on JJ and many, many other places. You can’t buy the 10 year fanbase that she has.

• briseis

Golly, I’m beginning to feel like the Mr. & Mrs. Smith poster — maybe I should give up blogging for a while. I cannot believe all the nastiness against Angelina on the tmz.com website, it’s making me feel physically ill. How can so much hatred be thrown Angelina’s way — she is a mother of three, a humanitarian and yet people crucify her like she’s a common criminal and all because of the caterwauling of a TV sitcom hack (to quote Cliniqua).

These haters keep saying that the X was better and more loving with Brad during those award shows. Heck, I remember all those reports that said she did not crack a smile unless the red carpet involved. And when she won an award — didn’t she forget to thank Brad who was right in front of her? While Brad and Angelina were so connected at all times, hugging, caressing, looking at each other. I guess all that affection and hotness is making all these fanistons self-combust!!!!

Did people even watch the Ryan Seacrest interview? Angelina was smiling and gracious, but still deferring to Brad. And during the entire GG ceremonies, inside the Hotel, she was laughing and having a good time with the cast of Babel. What do these people see — I guess it’s true that there is none so blind as those who would not see.

• +++

Mr. and Mrs. Smith Says:
    January 17th, 2007 at 11:15 am

The best thing you can do for yourself and you owe it to yourself. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are quite capable of handling themselves and they are the only ones that knows what goes on in their lives and relationship. You will definitely see things differently in about 2-3 months. Do yourself that favour. Good on you.

• lol

102
    u know its the truth Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 11:31 am
    Like always Angie should do what the tabs and haters want from her. Return Brad to his ex and move on with her life. that is the only way she will be left alone. Let Brad be miserable with the X.

+++++

LOL. good idea. and let Brad and Jen live miserably forever.

• lookwhaticando

Mediterranean Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 6:44 am
    =====================================

Of course you are in our prayers, BAMZS, are family and stick together. Your body will heal, and you will be stronger and be able to go on with life and love your daughter and family. Keep your head up, and dont be afraid, God is with you always. You have a good heart, and you will continue to be in my prayers, as well as the rest of us Jolie/Pitt fans.

• truth

Angelina is going to be away in NO for a while, when the media sees she’s not in the spotlight they’ll try to continue using her as their meal ticket by writing lies. It is time for the fans to start writing to the tabloid editors and entertainment shows to stop feeding us with lies. If they cannot tell the truth, the should not write anything at all. In the age of blogs and U-tube, people are intelligent enough to see what happened themselves. Enough is enough. The backlash on lying media should start now.

• hmmm

114
    lol Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 11:40 am
    102
    u know its the truth Says:

Its really not healthy to talk to yourself. lol.

The Golden Globes are way over. We are discussing the supposed move to NOLA and this new casting rumor. Let the other people at the other blogs talk about things that are already forgotten. Those discussions at the other places require no brain activity.

• the view

what did they end up saying on the view?

• u know its the truth

Thank you Rosie O’donnell ! I knew I liked her for some reason.

• truth

The press owe us the truth, instead of spreading lies that cause hatred.

• lookwhaticando

I am sure Angie had a very good reason to turn down the offer. She knows what she’s doing.

• jq

what did Rosie said ?

• truth

Can someone post Angie’s interview where she said she will like to stay at home and take care of her children?

• Andrómeda

Mediterranean: Hello, nice to hear from you again. I really hope that you´re felling better. Take care.

I agree with Besane, who wrote: “I am kind of glad Angie is not doing Sin City. I think she said she is now going to chose the subject matter of films she will make, because of her kids. She has done plenty of this kind, and now she is carefully chosing her roles”.

• dragonfly

What did Rosie say? Tell, Tell!! LOL!

• Gussie
  • bluemoon

+++++++++++++++++
    Actually the best we can do is not buy those magazines, tabloids are a business, when a story doesn’t sell anymore they stop caring about it, it’s never about the truth, it’s about $$$$$$$$. Now that she’s done with her work, (only the Berlin festival to attend) she will have a little more peace, the Tomkat show is making a comeback courtesy of The Beckhams (just see the video at TMZ) and while Cameron keeps fighting with JT in public they’ll catch a break.

• truth

There should be a backlash on the lying media. We have a job to do to expose the hate and lies. Enough is enough!!!! How do we contact these magazines and entertainment shows?

• jq

Not having the role in SC 2 was the end of the world. I’m sure there are lot of other role waiting for her. and I think at this moment Angie seem to be enjoying her role as the other half of Mr. Brad Pitt and mother of his children.

• u know its the truth

I am happy someone finally stood up for Angie.

• bluemoon

What did Rosie said? I want a recap

• bunch of loonies

What the EFF is going on here? First, for idiots who keeping saying Angie was sullen at the GG, you’ve obviously didn’t watch the interviews she conducted on the red carpet. First, Ryan Seacrest is a douchebag and second, she was smiling and gracious to him. Personally, i would have gave him a raised eyebrow and ignored him. Third, it was the freaking E! the same E! that has been bashing bamzs over and over and trespassed on their property. Those biatches.

Next, Angie fits this role perfectly but whether she takes it or not is no skin off her back. And still with the bashing her re: acting skills. Get over it. She’s no Fraudiston.

• Amaya

Just watched the View. Rosie commended Angie and Brad for putting the spotlight on places like Africa and NO where the situation is dire instead of soaking it up for themselves. Then she said that Angie has come a long way, mentioning her rough life, then it changed when she became a mother then “she fell in love” (Brad obviously). Now, she’s living her life “above the fray” and using her fame and fortune to help humanity instead of going to night clubs and not wearing panties lol

• ntt

As I’ve said before, at the end of the day, if you have a loving family to support you, you win. No amount of money, fame, public adulation can make up for a loveless life, a life without a loving partner. The haters know that, and they can see what B&A have, and that just kill them. As fans, we want to defend them, but just look at them, they know who they are, what they have in life, and how lucky they are to have each other. They are very much on the same page on everything: family, career, beliefs, friends, hobbies, etc… Not too many HW couples can say they have that many things in common. So, it’s understandable that haters can’t stand so much bliss. Thinking of it, I think it’s not a bad thing to have some doubters around to keep them on their toes, to keep them from being complacent.

• Orginal julia

Gussie You’re so sweet trying to cheer us all up from all the negative shite with all your lovely pictures..
    cheers..
    I love this one too..

Brad’s hand looks very comfy. :)

• +++1

127
    Gussie Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 11:55 am
    He seems so unhappy, poor dear…

++++++++

That’s Great Gussie, we should post this everytime the haters said that they are not happy, in love…. blah, blah blah.

• Gussie
  • truth

I am starting a movement against lying magazines and shows. Enough is enough. Anytime there is a rumor that’s negative they start running it without confirmation. Some media even forgot to talk that Babel won, all they wanted to talk about was Angelina. Leave Angelina alone, she has never left Brad’s side since they came together.

• http://jj Ameena

134
    Amaya Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 12:00 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Take this Elizabeth, I am loving Rosie.

• u know its the truth

Im with you truth.

• rainee

truth, totally agree

• ntt

134
    Amaya Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 12:00 pm
    ================

Good for Rosie. I was about to go out, but now I have to watch The View first. Thanks Amaya. Rosie is right in alluding to the like of ParisH, BritneyS, because, think about it, AJ is only 5 or 6 years older than them, and it’s a world of difference between them.

• Leila

I am happy if it’s true that Angie is not doing Sin City anymore. I did not like that movie at all. I agree with someone, sorry I forgot the name, who said that the movie is too violent.

• stardust

I see bashing Angelina to make others look good in comparison is still in fashion.

Just to make sure now, I hope everyone did read that the director wanted Angelina to play the role first but because of scheduling conflicts, Rachel is being considered as the second option. When did reading and comprehension go out of style and how do we get it back?

Mediterranean – Thank you for checking in with us. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family to overcome this difficult time. Please take care.

• cookie

angelina is a mother of 3 children and a partner of one of the most successful actor in the world,i think she is a bit hesitant to accept the role that will enhance the controversies surrounding them.if the director still looking for an actress that will fit in to the role.HOW ABOUT THE MOST TALENTED ACTRESS ACCORDING TO HER FANS,JENNIFER ANISTON.they keep saying she has a body to die for,but how come there is no director with this kind of story wanted her to be in the role.its amazing,A BODY TO DIE FOR BUT ONLY PLAYS COMEDY!THAT IS REALLY FUNNY.

• YKW

I didn’t like that movie and surely didn’t want to see my girl, AJ, in it.
    I’m glad she’s not doing it.

• AL

Hi Medierranean! I was happy to see your post. Hang in there. I know it is hard right now, but I know you will be fine. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

• Gussie
  • James

Rachel is such a more consistent actress than Angelina. She’ll do better, even if she’s not prettier than her. By the way, what happenned to Angie ? She was so weird at the golden globes, her arm looked anorexic

• Amaya

I forgot to add….the twit actually agreed with Rosie! lol She said something like “They could just be vacationing instead…” And she said that the way Rosie put it she could understand why they people see them as being admirable.

• em

To Mediterranean,
    I remember from much older threads here in JJ’s site when you pondered about turning 40. You have been an avid fan of Brad and Angie and it is always a joy to read your post from your part of the world. It is with a heavy heart to know what you have been through and I am wishing you the healing time that you need. Grief is a painful process and takes time. Hopefully, now and then you can still come to JJ’s site as a diversion. Take care!