Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

Sin City 2: Angelina Out, Rachel In

A source close to the production of Sin City 2 is claiming that Angelina Jolie is out of the running and Rachel Weisz is in. Director Robert Rodriguez has always wanted Angelina to star in his sequel Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For but because of scheduling conflicts, it looks like Rachel might be taking on the role of Ava Lord. Rachel Weisz: A Dame To Kill For? Hmmmm…

Just Jared on Facebook

Getty
  • Stephanie March recalls her plastic surgery nightmare - US Weekly
  • Kanye West's "Famous" video gets a mini-sized spoof - TMZ
  • 14-year-old contortionist wows on America's Got Talent - Gossip Cop
  • Singer Ryan Beatty reveals he is gay - Just Jared Jr
  • Bachelorette's Chad Johnson reveals shocking truths - Radar
  • Chloe Moretz fires back at Twitter trolls - Huffington Post
  • Watch video of Bradley Cooper dancing at Glastonbury - Lainey Gossip
  • Hollywood power spouses speak out - The Hollywood Reporter
  • AL

oops- sorry for the spelling mistakes. oh well.
    Showbiz tonight did a story on actresses who are no longer willing to do nude scenes.
    Angelina Jolie and Halle berry were on the list. They also mentioned that Brad said that maybe he would stop doing nude scenes. Then again it was on showbiz tonight. The late night morons!

• Masina

188
    Orginal julia Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:01 pm
    184
    dragonfly Says:

I think its in this montage of interviews angelah put up..
    1164
    angelah Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 2:09 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Thanks for the video Original….loved the montage….!

• Maniston

Sorry if already posted: credit to sophie at pittwatch

“Brad Pitt’s representative, Cindy Guagenti, confirmed to CNN the couple’s move to New Orleans but characterized it as temporary and related to work on a film.”

• lookwhaticando

160
    AL Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 12:30 pm
    =====================================
    Al, thanks for the recap, good to hear good things about B and A coming from the media, but on thing for sure, I PRAY that Angie does not retire, she is to young for that, plus, I just love seeing her act and being in movies.

• Maniston

Mediterranean,

Just wanted to say I’m still thinking about you. I wish you all the best.

• phie

Hi Med, actually I really dont know what happened but our prayers is with you. To BAMZS and BAMZS fans you became my cyber friends so all of you are in my prayers. Promise! God bless us all!

• lula29

Rachel is a good actress, people are saying great, but honestly I’m never wowed by any of her performances. I like her, but I’m not amazed by her either.

She shouldn’t play this role. She doesn’t have the edge really. I mean being a good actress is one thing, but really being able to inhabit the role is another.

Angelina would rock the shit out of this role, because she has that dark edge the movie requires. Anyone saying otherwise just doesn’t really like her, but so.

I can admit that in TGS Angelina was miscast, because she can’t play a WASP, but she can play an edgy dark haired maiden in a graphic novel. This role is made for her.

I hope, even if AJ isn’t going to play it they keep searching for another woman to take the part. Rachel Weisz is the equivalent of having Drew Barrymore play the part.

Hell, call Lucy Lui!

• Tijen

Hi Medi -

Glad to see your post.
    As you are going through recovery, know that you have our support and well wishes. Take care of yourself. Love, Tijen

• As Always…

205
    Maniston Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:21 pm
    Sorry if already posted: credit to sophie at pittwatch

=================================

Thanks

Us Weekly’s wrong…what a shock!

• ntt

The USWeekly article is cited on cnn. If that is not an incentive for the tabs to print lies, then I don’t know what is.
    I love what Rosie said on The View. She said she admires B&A for what they do. Thank you Rosie. I love you for being the voice of common sense.

• truth

Angie already has an Oscar, I think she said she’s now looking for roles that will not take more than seven weeks of filming. Correct the information if I am wrong.

• Estelle

What? * where is that Q. Tip* I need to clean my ears… Angie and Brad? NO MORE NUDE scene?…what are the worlds has come to….tsk tsk tsk….I’m shock, bewildered and hurt….no fun to go to the movie any more…..*sighed*

• Estelle

4th houses? I know that they have 2 houses in California and now the 4th house in NO, but where is the 3rd?

• Amaya

LOL at Estelle :lol:

So the snarky comment from the twit was “Team Aniston”? She said the same thing yesterday and to top it off she laughed and said “I can’t move on” Enough said.

• Original jpf

When Angie did the interview last year with Cynthia McFaddin in Davo’s, there was this something that just felt like she wouldn’t have much of a problem being a stay at home (so to speak) mom. The few times that she’s spoken about movie work of late, she’s just hasn’t emitted any real passion like when she speaks about her family or her humanitarian work. The rounds she made for TGS really didn’t change my opinion that whatever real passion she had for acting isn’t as strong as it may have been before all the changes in her life. When she speaks of her family she lights up. Bring up acting? not so much. Now I dont see her stopping, and I hope she still plans on ATLAS SHRUGGED, but even there she says if the script isn’t right, the movie won’t be made.

She Imo is simply in another place now, and unless a project is something she really feels close to and one that doesn’t overly interfer/disrupt their lives, she isn’t going to be working much by choice. That said, I know some people want to believe that Brad is controlling her and wanting her to limit herself, but I don’t think thats the case. They just wrapped AMH and that was his production. Plus, Angelina is not going to be dictated to about what she shouldn’t and should do. I think it’s safe to say Brad wouldn’t go there.

I see them as two people who found their “natural” partners, and what I mean by that is Angelina was always really a alpha/earth wife/mother at the core, and Brad was always this alpha/earth husband/father at his core and that’s evidenced by just how easily and quickly they blended/merged/melded their lives together. It’s almost eerie how comfortably intertwined in every area they are including of course their respective careers. So while I’m feeling secure that Brad wouldn’t try and micro manage what work she did do, I do believe they both have made a decision to discuss and ponder strongly how a particular role might affect the family should they choose to sign on. JMHO

jpf

• Alexanderina

205
    Maniston Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:21 pm
    Sorry if already posted: credit to sophie at pittwatch

————————————————————————————————

Thanks Maniston, I knew it was temporary, I think all of us BAMZS fans knew it temporary and only for Brad’s work, but leave it to US Weekly to say something different, that is why you don’t believe anything that comes from a tab.

• the real tita

11. Mediterranean, please take care. I wish I could tell you not to be afraid, but be assured that there are people here who are conveying their support so you don’t feel so alone. Get plenty of rest and let your daughter give you the calm and strength you need at this time. May everything be all right with you soon. Our prayers are with you.

• guli

Medi— I am so glad to hear from you here at JJ’s again. Please stay in touch here or via email. Did you get my message last night? Take care, we all care so much for you and your family. You need time to recover…

Ohhh– I won’t comment on all these lies. All I can say is what a wonderful, happy couple and family they are and we are lucky to be their fans.

OK- Gussie, you sent this pic and I love it but, am I the only one who noticed her rings on her right hand, hmmmm, looks just like….. well I’ll pull a Perez fill in the blanks _______________??? :lol: That should put a bee in some peoples bonnets. Heck, they all make up lies at least this is just an honest observation and a question ;-)

• kidi

Original jpf–I get that impression also. I think her passions now are her family and her humanitarian work. Not to say she’ll quit acting, because she has said the income and visibility help her by bringing in money for and visibility to these causes. But, like all mothers with young children, she’s discovering that those years are so precious and they go SO FAST. Unlike the X, she doesn’t need her ego fed with fawning red carpet appearances and media blitzes to make her feel better about herself. She’s a real person.

• Original jpf

218 Alexanderina Says: January 17th, 2007 at 1:43 pm

re:205 Maniston Says: January 17th, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Sorry if already posted: credit to sophie at pittwatch

————————————————————————————————

^^^^

Alex, this is why I don’t ever “anymore” believe anything about anyone in that rag. I don’t much buy what’s said even if they claim to have a direct quote lol. Brad & Angelina have talked about living so many places and settling on none so far so why did Ted C and LaMie try to ignore that? because people will generally choose not to investigate further, and especially if it’s about ammo. They talked so much trash on another site about the move it made me ill, but now I’m better because the truth won out in the end.

jpf

• Isabelle II

rachel weisz is in Fred Claus w/ VV

• Jolie4ever

guli – hey lady! miss talkin’ wid ya…anyways, I did notice the ring they’re both wearing…In some parts of the world engagement/wedding ring is worn on the right ring finger…wouldn’t it be great if they really are married? *wishful thinking* ;)

• MrsR

215
    Estelle Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:39 pm

Three in CA= Malibu, Santa Barbra, Hollywood Hills

Does Angie still own the house in England?

• Orginal julia

I believe their third house is in Combodia :)

• Indie

215
    Estelle Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:39 pm

3rd house in Santa Barbara.

• bluemoon

Anyone know where I can find the video from E.T from last night? I try E.T site but they have the preview for today’s show (more on B&A at the GG and Angie avoiding JV at some after party).

• Gussie

Medi, so good to “see” you here.
    Take care.

• Original jpf

221 kidi Says: January 17th, 2007 at 1:51 pm

^^^^

Those first 3yrs that start post Blob period are really like make or break IMO and plus it’s such a fun time. I totally agreed with her about that part. They smell sweet, they’re soft and cushy, and when they’re passing a bit of wind the smile that’s not a smile is cute, but love them like crazy they are a bore for about 3mths. When the turning over, gas-less grinning, finger following begins, then they aren’t so blobish anymore.

but I digress….

I bet their kids are more stable, happy and learned than most, and I know that if their parents weren’t famous, they’d still be the same kids because Angelina & Brad are those kind of parents. I feel so sorry for Britney Spears sons this is that period you can’t get back. The formatives years, and she has the opportunity to be with her children without worry of money time, but she seems to not choose to do that, and she’s going to end up with two very rich K-Fed replica’s and that aint good.

jpf

• guli

Jolie4ever Says:

Hey there, I was taking a mini-break after GG’s. BTW- in Turkey engagemant rings are worn on the right hand, but I am positive that is the case in some other countries… Heck, it is something I just noticed, she could have worn something much more huge and fancy….Probably JMHO :lol:

• MoreSpin

Scheduling conflict, my ass! She changed her mind about it because Sin City does not contribute to the sorely needed sanitization of her image.

• audrey

Angelina Jolie might not win popularity, however she remains the most fascinating person either in negative or in positive way for more than 5 reasons: 1) she does not care for small talks, chats, gossips, ill-speaking mostly made up by the media and the tabloids, as they live on headlines, on bad news much more than on good news. 2) She does not care for being called the best dressed or most beautiful person, she is not for superficial appearances that might be nice for the eyes but not necessarily for the heart. 3) She does not care for limelight and hollywood, as they chase after her, but not she after them. 4) She does not care about possessing nor about having, as being is much more important for her. 5) She does not care about people’s judgements as long as she can fight for justice for the most vulnerable persons of the society. Many people hate her for the reasons that she questions their empty sense of life. But there are many other people who appreciate and admire her for non-compromising behaviour when it concerns 6) raising social awareness, 7) fighting for justice, 7) protecting children and people in need, 8)keeping the truth-self, 9) searching for the essential meaning of life and finally 10)taking care for those she love no matter whether they are her biological nor non-biological children… the mother of all.

• Maniston

232
    MoreSpin Says:
    January 17th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Hey J. Maniston, how’s the job search going? Don’t worry chica Lifetime Television for Women will call any day now.

• Brangelinafan

Us Weekly is rewritting strikes again!

—-Jennifer Aniston may still hate him but her BFF, Courteney Cox, is extending the olive branch to Brad Pitt.

Us Weekly recounts this moment between the superstars at Monday’s Golden Globes.

Courteney Cox (with hubby David Arquette) approached Brad Pitt, who responded with a bear hug and said, “Hello, sweetheart. It is SO great to see you.”
    The group chatted about their kids, with Pitt quipping, “We did Finding Nemo, but they’ve been off that for a while. We have a 5-year-old!”

Angelina Jolie, standing a few steps away, finally gave an awkward hello before leading Pitt away.

——

People Magazine, posted BEFORE Us Weekly:

Spotted on the patio at the Beverly Hilton at about 6:35 PT: Jennifer Aniston’s best friend Courteney Cox and husband David Arquette making their way toward her ex Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Cox and Pitt hug each other warmly, and Pitt turns to Jolie saying, “Meet some great friends of mine.” After a brief hello, Jolie and Arquette start to turn away, but Pitt reaches out to his old buddy – and gives him a hug around the neck and a kiss on the cheek. A moment later, they go their separate ways again.

• Original jpf

234 Maniston Says: January 17th, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Don’t waste your time on them. Just walk on by, you can do it. It’s really easy and it irks them so which is always a plus :)

jpf

• Maniston

236
    Original jpf Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 2:26 pm
    234 Maniston Says: January 17th, 2007 at 2:20 pm

jpf
    *******************

You’re right. I’ll be good. It’s just so much fun to think Chin Chin is sitting, rocking back and forth at her computer, foaming at the mouth reading every detail about Brad and Angie. Be honest, it wouldn’t surprise you a bit would it? :lol:

• krungkrung

JoliePitts fans, we should go 2 Rosie’s site n tell her thanks 4 praising Brad n Angie, watcha think huh?

• Lo

There was another report about Brad talking to david arquette posted here. They said Da made no sense at all… he was just babbling.

• Gussie

220
    guli Says:
    January 17th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

OK- Gussie, you sent this pic and I love it but, am I the only one who noticed her rings on her right hand, hmmmm, looks just like….. well I’ll pull a Perez fill in the blanks _______________??? That should put a bee in some peoples bonnets. Heck, they all make up lies at least this is just an honest observation and a question

++++++++++++

I am not a big adept of the marriage thing… it took the combined efforts of one partner, two whole families and lots of involved friends to drag me to the altar and I’m told the trail left by my unwilling feet is still visible on the churchyard some years later… please, may I be on the baby wagon instead?

• Maniston

238krungkrung Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 2:30 pm
    **********************

Good idea. I’ll do it.

• Original jpf

235 Brangelinafan Says: January 17th, 2007 at 2:24 pm

Us Weekly is rewritting strikes again!

——

People Magazine, posted BEFORE Us Weekly:

^^^^

And even though PEOPLE ran the story first, which do you think will get labled the truth? Why the one that paints Angelina as ackwardly leading Brad away of course! Please, this is a prime example of why its simply wasting time to argue with the haters. We know which story came out first yet this new spin will get more attention because it buys into the lunacy and I waste my time with it, plus its a bore.

Thanks for posting..

jpf

• Bogota Dance

232
    MoreSpin Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

==========================================
    Hum, Brad loved it enough to Dump that Horse Face Fraud Chinnifer for it. Now aint that something

• Masina

231
    guli Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 2:13 pm
    Jolie4ever Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hey Guli….to support your statement, I found this on a website with some details of the signification of wearing a wedding ring on the right hand. Which by the way, I noticed Brad has been wearing a gold band as well on his right ring finger.

In 1549, the wedding ring finger changed from right hand to the left hand for Protestants but Catholics continued to place the ring on the right hand.

Today, almost all Christians accept the wedding ring, helped by the Christianity’s old vena amoris tale. Both ancient Egyptians and Romans thought that a vein of love called the “vena amoris” in Latin ran directly from that finger to the heart

It varies all over the world but a person can wear a wedding band on either hand. In China for example the bride wears the wedding band on the right hand and the groom on his left. This custom for “nan zhuo, nu you” is used in Chinese fortune telling. They believe that the right hand commands more influence and the woman is in charge of house and family.

Japanese call the ring-finger kusuri-yubi, in German Arzt-Finger, in Latin digitus medicinalis and in Old Anglo-Saxon it was called lech-man, all meaning medical finger because it was the finger doctors used to apply herbal medicines, powders and ointments. If applied by the left hand the medicine would be enhanced by the mystical energy of the physician’s heart.

Scandanavian women wear three rings, one each for engagement, marriage and motherhood. Jewish brides have the ring placed on their index finger, since that is the finger with which they point to the Torah as they read.

In a few European countries people wear their wedding bands on the left hand but the majority wear them on their right hands. In the Netherlands Catholics wear their rings on the left while others wear them on the right. In Austria Catholics wear their rings on the right hand. Orthodox Christians, Jews and Eastern Europeans wear their wedding bands on the right hand. Many American Orthodox wear their rings on the right hand; others choose to wear it on the left. Russians also wear wedding bands on the right hand.

Hope this helps.

• Original jpf

237 Maniston Says: January 17th, 2007 at 2:30 pm

^^^^

Sorry, but I really don’t think about what is/isn’t going on there. I honestly don’t spend much if any time thinking about the subject.

jpf

• Gussie

Angelina Jolie will always be fodder for people given to jealousy and pettiness.

First of all, she is too beautiful – and resentful superficial hags will NEVER forgive her for that.

Then she is too open to life, unprejudiced and free – and the narrow-minded morons who live according to preconceived ideas will NEVER forgive her for that.

Then she is too courageous, honest about herself and genuine – and those who live in fear and illusion will NEVER forgive her for that.

And, to spread salt – and pepper – on all the raw wounds above, she is with probably the most coveted man in the world – and that’s against all odds and a sin NEVER to be forgiven.

So, do not hope for fairness or common sense when dealing with those who prey on Angie. Their quarry has nothing to do with misguided piety for some trite sitcom actress (with whom several boring hags do identify, but that’s only a corollary, not a cause) – it is much more visceral and reflects their own inadequacies.

Therefore I prefer to enjoy Angie and Brad, their beauty, their work, their enthusiasm and creativity and focus on what they bring to a nicer world. No time for people who hate. No time or disposition for negative trivia. Thus said, I believe people should be held accountable when they vilify others and legitimate news organizations corrected whenever they do shoddy work. Facts are facts are facts are facts. :)

• guli

Gussie— neither am I, I could care less, but I couldn’t help but notice the rings. I was married before thank God no kids and after 4 years of being together we got divorced. We are still great friends when he comes in to town we still meet for dinner, hubby doesn’t mind since he knows him and I have been together for over 23 years and raised three kids, so its OK… I really don’t hate ____ I want her to be happy too, those two were not meant to be together for the long haul IMHO…..

• Alexanderina

222
    Original jpf Says:

January 17th, 2007 at 1:57 pm

jpf

=====================================================

Hiya jpf, I agree and I also don’t believe anything that comes from the tabs as well. When it comes from Brad and Angie themselves or thru their publicist then I will believe, if it they don’t come from them, then am not believing; the tabs would do and write anything to sell their papers and Ted C and others would say anything as well to get the hits. Oh I went to US Weekly site and omg those people over there and nasty, I can’t believe they are actually believe like that in the world, to have so much hate for people you don’t know it just plain crazy; and US Weekly is ragging on Angie big time, that website is crazy

• Original jpf

227 Indie Says: January 17th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

re: 215 Estelle Says: January 17th, 2007 at 1:39 pm

3rd house in Santa Barbara.

^^^^

It’s really the 6th.

The Los Feliz compound is comprised of 3 houses. The Malibu house makes 4, the Santa Barbara house makes 5, and if they did actually purchase in NOLA that makes 6. Also, if the rumors of a home being built in Springfield are true (grain of salt) then that would make 7.

I wonder if “they” bought the NOLA house, or if Brad bought it for them.

jpf

• Lmao

Brad and Angelina are probably already married.

• Another house

Angie sold her house in England, but she still has another house in Cambodia.

• Lmao

I don’t think she sold her house in England.