Wake Up in Mr. West's NYC Apartment

Wake Up in Mr. West's NYC Apartment

Dezeen Magazine has the scoop on Kanye West‘s nearly completed New York City apartment and it looks simply amazing. Check out the features: a freestanding stone basin in the bathroom, freestanding kitchen worksurface aligns with the refectory-style dining table, and a narrow, curving entrance hall. An architectural beauty.

I’d kill to have an apartment like that. Clean, simple, and functional. But I can’t imagine what it must take to keep it clean everyday. Daily maid service? The midtown apartment was designed by minimalist architect Claudio Silvestrin and should be finished by the end of February. [via theapt]

kanye west apartment new york city 01
kanye west apartment new york city 02
kanye west apartment new york city 03
kanye west apartment new york city 04
kanye west apartment new york city 05
kanye west apartment new york city 06
kanye west apartment new york city 07

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Fan of No One @ 01/22/2007 at 2:51 pm

one word: cool.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 01/22/2007 at 3:30 pm

The man knows how to do it.

WHO CARES?? THE LOOK SUCKKSSSS ITS ALL WHITEE! YUCK!!

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 01/22/2007 at 3:50 pm

Just because the man lives better than you , theres no need to be mad an insult him. Lol. Theres people on your own block who lives better than you, look out your window and be mad at them..

Unless you have better [Lol] how could you say something negative about the [Few] Fabulous pics that are shown.

Money & Success = Jealously & Envy. More so when your Black, and Outspoken.

Beautiful and serene. Great design.

green lettuce @ 01/22/2007 at 4:06 pm

Hummm..I am shared. On the one hand it looks like an hospital (LOL), but o nthe other hand it’s very luminous… It makes it kind of pretty. I couldn’t live here though lol ;)

looks totally cold and impersonal, I’d hate it if I had to live there

I’m sure it’s supposed to be the “hip” thing to do now, but I don’t care for it.

If i was dating a guy and he invited me up to his house and it looked like that i would think he is a serial killer

The only people who have a problem with rich black people are poor black people.

You’d be well served to give up the racism.

That said it’s hardly the warmest apartment but I’m thinking it’s a secondary residence used for when he’s in the city. It’s less a home so much as a hotel room he owns and in that case it works quite well. I’m not one to pick apart deco art but at least he stayed away from pastels. It’s a little too Ikea for my taste. Probably cost more than I could ever afford anyway though.

Now that’s sure a warm and homey- looking abode!

Pocahontas @ 01/22/2007 at 7:44 pm

where is his stuff?

One work.

BORING.

Ace Tomato @ 01/22/2007 at 8:27 pm

Pretty darn Spartan. But I’m fiend for Italian tile in intense color

So he lives in an Apple store?

I guess this is the idea of a cool, hip New York apartment. It looks good but I go more for the shabby chic look myself. However, this only means that I like thrift store, antique bargains with books scattered everywhere.

He’s just another ******, a boy. He has the wool pulled over his eyes, since he actually thinks he’s successful at something important. We own the world. And how telling it is that his decor is nearly completely white. Black man being cosumed by the white world? Idolize, much?

I feel intimidated by his apartment (probably his intention), it’s too pristine. I’d feel inferior in my own home.

It’s nice, but it’s not exactly the most warmest welcome.. It’s sort of dull.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 01/22/2007 at 10:25 pm

I wonder what it will look like when its architecturally finished and actually Has furniture in it.

That may be the ugliest apartment I have ever seen

That is so not “Ikea”…get a clue everyone. It is modern, sure, and minimalist. But the point of Ikea is more of a Bauhaus thing…affordable mass production design for the home…like Target. THIS is what you get for throwing some hundreds of thousands at a pretentious decorator. Not bad but I’m not a chilly Le Corbusier type…I’d rather hang at Wright’s Fallingwater with the Jolie-Pitts anyday. Nice try though, Kanye!

Colour?????? I didn’t know there was so many shades of beige.

Weakly Says:

January 22nd, 2007 at 8:34 pm
So he lives in an Apple store?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH.. … couldn’t have said it better myself

I may be jealous of the apt. but it has nothing to do with him or his money. Dude is an asshat 100%. Being outspoken is only as good as doing something about it, or at the very least backing it up. As far as I’m concerned he just as worthless as jayz, beyonce, trump, 50cent, or any pop “icon” that glorifies being arrogant and does nothing for the world with all their money and power. You have to be pretty damn cold to build such a stupid rich place with so many people sleeping in the cold across the street.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All