'300' Movie Stills

'300' Movie Stills

Gerard Butler stars as King Leonidas in the upcoming epic film 300, which tells the story of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fight to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army.

300 is based on the creator of Sin City Frank Miller‘s graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. The film opens in theaters nationwide (and on IMAX) on Friday, March 9. Check out more 300 movie stills here!

Gerard Butler, 37, played The Phantom in 2004′s The Phantom of the Opera co-starring Emmy Rossum. He also played British marine turned mercenary Terry Sheridan in 2003′s Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life co-starring Angelina Jolie.

Gerard is also featured in the March 2007 issue of Men’s Health looking like quite the sex symobl. Check it out here, here, and here. He recently shared the physical preparation he had to go endure for this film:

“So, through that pain it’s been amazing, but it’s been long hours. I’m training every second I get, whether with the stunt guys or especially with Mark [owner of Gym Jones, the team that trained with the cast]. I was doing that for two and a half months before the movie started, six days a week. At one point I was over doing it. I had two trainers – I was training in two different gyms and I was training with stunt guys everyday, so some days I was doing six hours a day. After a few months your body really can’t take that anymore, so come Christmas time I was considering getting a zimmer frame (walker) when I went back to Scotland, or getting a wheel chair to get some rest. I have a lot of aches and pains and I’m looking forward to the rest.”

Also pictured: Dominic West (Det. James ‘Jimmy’ McNulty on HBO’s The Wire)

300 Movie Trailer

300 movie stills 51
300 movie stills 52
300 movie stills 53

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
green lettuce @ 02/07/2007 at 4:00 pm

OMG!!!THANK U! THANK U! THANK U! I can’t wait to see this movie!!!!!!I LOVE GERARD BUTLER!! He is a sexy beast and such a good actor!!!!!Can’t wait to see it!!!!

Holy Jesus, I think I just ovulated. Dominic West is ggfhfhffgggggggdrooooooooool. Can’t…feel…legs.

Also, yes please.

green lettuce @ 02/07/2007 at 4:01 pm

And I was first!!All is wonderful today!! LOL!

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/07/2007 at 4:10 pm

Intriguing, This movie looks very Intense.

green lettuce @ 02/07/2007 at 4:17 pm

JJ it’s not Gerald but GERARD!!LOL!!OMG I can’t get enough of this guy!!!!He is sooo perfectly built… Ha ha!! Seriously look at those abs!! His torso gives me shivers… Oh, and he looks pretty well hung too… Haha!!! What a man!!! *almost faint*

Hahaha. Well, I’ll be. You learn something new everyday!!! Thanks, green lettuce. You are the best.

green lettuce @ 02/07/2007 at 4:56 pm

;-) Hey you’re welcome!!Keep on the good work!!! Thanks again for the ’3OO’ stills! I hope you’ll post a bit more about Gerry in the future! :)

thanks Jared!!! I have been stalking this movie ever since the teaser trailer was leaked from comicon last year, CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Its going to be amazing!!! :D

Finally talking about Gerry Butler. Now this is a MAN!! He is the most gorgeous and sexy actor today. He’s got the face, 6′ 2″ body and he can act. Can’t wait for 300!!!

I can´t wait to watch this movie, Gerard Butler is an amazing actor and Lena Headey (Queen Gorgo) is the ****! she is absolutely awesome let´s hope this movie and the upcoming “the Sarah Connor Chronicles” bring her the attention she so much deserves.

This is the most anticipated movie of the year for me!!! LOOOOOOOVEEE the trailers. The cinematography (and actors) are superb!

Gerard looks amazing, he almost looks CG! His voice sounds like it has been altered in some way, but it just might be his natural growling-lol. I guess I was used to his lovely singing voice in POTO!

I have not seen Lena Headey in any movies yet, she has a very classicly noble face and demeanor for this movie. I googled her and checked out some other photos of her and she is lovely but, (sighs) she is all ‘Jolied’ out with multiple tats all over her arms and back. A private tattoo can be intriguing. A road atlas is just not attractive on a women imho.

I’m so happy that people are finally taking notice of Gerard Butler!! I’ve been a huge fan since Phantom and had the pleasure of meeting him in St. Louis; he has got to be one of the most genuine and humble actors out there–such a great guy! He is extremely talented and really has a passion for what he does, so I really hope that “300″ can jump start his career and get him into more good work.

AddictedtoBAMZs @ 02/07/2007 at 11:57 pm

I discovered Gerard Butler in the fantastic, wonderful movie “Dear Frankie”. He just could not have been more gorgeous. I was interested enough to do some research and find out a little about him, and was intriqued to learn he had worked with Angelina in Lara Croft. Does anyone know if he is married? Did he show any interest in Angie, maybe, while they were filming? That combo definitely could have worked!

This is going to be interesting to watch. I cant wait!

poolstool @ 02/08/2007 at 3:01 am

This movie looks PECKtacular! I can’t wait to masturbate to it on DVD!

Love, love Gerard Butler, ever since Dracula 2000. He is a sexy beast I agree #1

FreeHolly @ 02/08/2007 at 5:02 am

I hope this movie does well or at least gives GB the exposure he deserves. Not only gorgeous, but a good actor as well!

Bootylicious88 @ 02/08/2007 at 5:04 am

Can’t wait till this movie comes out. Hopefully it’s better than that other graphic novel turned movie.

DroolingforGerard @ 02/08/2007 at 5:06 am

Oh my #16 I thought I was bad!

Leaving4Scotland @ 02/08/2007 at 5:10 am

Hopefully this will be Gerard’s Gladiator. He has been under the radar for so many years! He deserves 2 get some notariety…well at least for that body.

Cannot wait for the movie, hope it isn’t a disappointment. But probably won’t be 4 me with all that eye candy.

Ha! Attila returns! What a great choice to pick Gerard for this role! He was perfect in Attila the Hun (I know I went back in day) and I’m sure he will be brutally perfect in this as well.

And his body-OH MY LAMB!

MightyMight @ 02/08/2007 at 5:17 am

Gosh Gerard makes the director look like a midget!

March 9 is too far away!

lady garden @ 02/08/2007 at 5:47 am

Hey BAMZ-he has a girlfriend though i forget the name-he is too gorg even for the Jolie though i hear you-she obviously let him slip through the net-he was fab in phantom and he makes my garden grow
hope that helps!