Brad Pitt's First Film Was At The Drive-in

Brad Pitt's First Film Was At The Drive-in

NY Times Magazine tapped Jake Paltrow, Gwyneth Paltrow‘s younger brother, to shoot a short film of seven actors talking about the movies that made early impressions on them — Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett, Penelope Cruz, Helen Mirren, Ken Watanbe, and Abbie Cornish. Watch Jake Paltrow‘s short film here.

Jake Paltrow, 31, had his new film The Good Night premiere at The Sundance Film Festival last month. Big sis Gwyn stars in it alongside Penelope Cruz. The Good Night is set for a nationwide release on Sept 21. Thanks, Charla!

Just Jared on Facebook
Posted to: Brad Pitt

Getty
  • Kendall Jenner catches man wearing "Kill the Kardashians" shirt - TMZ
  • Madison Pettis is opening up about her new show - Just Jared Jr
  • Celebs are slamming Ivanka Trump again - TooFab
  • Patrick Dempsey is working on a clothing collection - The Hollywood Reporter
  • One of James Franco's former co-stars reveal if he was a good kisser - Just Jared Jr
  • coalharbourqt

47 Sheri Says:
    ________________
    Lol. Cool then OPC *hug*hug*. I understand your dilemma – trying to get everything done that you need to get done when you’d rather be here :-)

• JoliePitt

coalharbourqt Says:
    Dragonfly: Saw your comments about the Borgia family – Angelina would be amazing in a great period piece such as this, and if Brad played opposite her I certainly wouldn’t complain I read a very well researched novel about the Borgia’s last year that you would likely enjoy. It’s called ‘The Borgia Bride’ and the author is Jeanne Kalogridis.

***************************************************
    COALHARTBOURQT, is this a new film Angie going to star in and with brad in it?

• susie

What the are the haters b–ching for, I think he looks f–king hot in that clip and photo, he really looks like a man! A manly man!!

Hi sheri :)

JoliePitt- I love the ring twisting. He must do that alot cuz the camera was focused just on that.

CH- I hope tha’s it, it’s a 2 hour space so it must be.

• ntt

Hi everyone. Thanks Jared for the clip.
    Dragonfly and CHQT, Angie in the Borgia role sounds great to me.

• Missouri Fan

25 Lady G Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 6:14 pm
    7 Missouri Fan Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Hey Missouri Fan, I was wondering if you could give Halle a few hits when voting. I am voting for Angie and Halle at the same time.
    Thanks

Lady G, sorry for the late response, I was making & frying eggrolls, I checked Halle I don’t see her name, is she on the weekly too? under what category?
    Elegant woman? I can’t find the elegant woman, give me the link please.

• Lady G

Missouri Fan Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 6:57 pm
    =====================================================

Halle is in the Elegant Category. And I provided the link below. Thanks so much for helping me out, you are one of the sweetest person on JJ.

• jjoy

Missouri Fan Says:

hi Ate Char, sorry but i just sent your cornik today….i almost forgot….please expect to receive it next week via fedex….i hope you’ll like them….hi ate, ano bang talagang nangyari doon sa dalawa??? tsismis mo naman ako oh :-) thanks

• coalharbourqt

52 JoliePitt Says:
    __________________
    Nope – sorry – didn’t mean to give that impression! Dragonfly had mentioned that she was watching something on the History Channel about the Borgia family and that she would like to see Angelina in a movie about them. I was agreeing with her and adding that if Brad was in it with her it would be even better :-)

• the real tita

#45: coalharborqt: yes, it was good and very informative. They had mostly clips about Daniel Pearl and Marianne (their meeting, the wedding, their move to India, etc.) and the background on the terrorists who kidnapped him. Unfortunately, the film was shown so late that I couldn’t keep my eyes open for the last few minutes (when he died). But not to worry, HBO has been showing this off and on for the last few months and I know they’ll be doing it for who knows how long. I’ll wait for another go at it.

Their pictures were of people deeply in love and happy with one another. I guess the movie will emphasize that more than the tragedy so it’s not so sad.

• guli

coalharbourqt -and bdj- hello folks how are you…

Hanna- actually that video was in October 24, 2005 , but he was shooting Jessie James in Canada so he couldn’t leave. But you are right I love that one I am going to post it a gain in case some folks haven’t seen it. Remember they went to pick up Z together july 2005 in Ethiopia, they came back and Z was hospitilized in NY in care of the Dr. Aronson in the video. Brad went to LA was hospitilized since he had a mild case of meningitis and after both were out and healthy Angie and the kids moved in with Brad. So Brad has been with Z from day one and met Madd on the set of MAMS when he was 21/2, what I am getting at is Brad is the only Dad they ever had and it will be for the rest of their lives…. If you haven’t watched the video go to the following linka and scroll down to Oct/24/2005 and click on “Click here to see a video of the gala”.

Estelle, the town-crier where have you been? Yep, I was in the mood today, plus by now I know the thread is clean towards the end :-) OK, I am ready for my first glass of Berringer salute everyone, lets TRY (I know its not easy) to ignore the trolls and have a wonderful weekend!!!!

• JoliePitt

coalharbourqt Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 7:06 pm
    52 JoliePitt Says:
    __________________

***********************************************
    thank you dear. i was a little confused there!:) i am kinda behind a lot of post since last night as i got work i need to wrap up and trying to multi-task :) hehehe

• Tabitha

Thanks for a link to the full clip Jared. I noticed that they were focusing on the actors hands. Brad did seem to fiddle with his right finger with the ring on it a lot.

• Missouri Fan

Izzy Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 6:30 pm
    Wow….I don’t what the heck I just did with that last post….my cut and paste really got messed up….my apologies to everyone.

TTYL
    *************************
    LOL !! at first I thought something is wrong with the page, but it’s OK, you copied my Hello poll link!! Come back Izzy!

• checkers

to #50.. the country I am from, they were, wedding bands on the right and engagement rings!! I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the idea from the countries that they have visited and loved over the course of their travels!!

• angelah

I still cannot access the clip. It’s been loading for a long ass time now..sighs

• coalharbourqt

54 ntt Says: Can’t you just see it? :-) Rome, 1400′s to 1500′s, during the time of Pope Alexander VI, big drama and costumes, and a young ingenue as Sancha of Aragon. Maybe not as meaningful as some of the work they are doing these days, but fabulous nonetheless.

Susie – that’s it then. Should be good!

I like how this short film by Jake Paltrow was shot – very dramatic – and the shots where they aren’t actually speaking that are juxtaposed against their words are fascinating. Brad looks yummy as usual and so sweet/sad how he sort of tears up at the end. Chips all intact -lol. And nice to see Leo speaking candidly – he seems less guarded than in some interviews.

• guli

Wait Ameema, I thought we were having the party on Feb 27th when Shiloh turns 9 months old and/or March 5th when DPS aka “divorce paper signed” TWO years ago but, we won’t have that one unless the trolls are really nasty and we just want to rub it in, shhhhh don’t wake the sleeping dogs. But than again, we can also party tonight hubby brought my second glass upstairs. BTW- how do you slurr on the computer, shoot I know one starts sounding like the trolls, ie. incoherent ;-)

• test

Test

• checkers

I think that they are married… hence the rings that they both wear on the right hand… some countries, use the right hand not the left for wedding bands and engagement rings..

• test

10 CHEATING CELEBRITIES OF OUR TIME, PITT FIRST ON LIST

Home » 10 biggest cheating celebrities
    Many celebrities cheat, some do not (we think) but who are the biggest cheating celebs, we do not know why they do it but all we know is they do and many break-ups are more painful than others our opinion these are the biggest cheating celebs

Brad Pitt cheating on Jennifer Aniston
    Justin Timberlake cheating on Cameron Diaz
    Ryan Phillips cheating on the very sexy Reese Witherspoon
    Jude Law cheating on Sadie Frost
    Hugh Grant cheating on Liz Hurley
    Oliver Martinez cheating on Kilie Minogue

• test

LOOK WHOS SMOKING!!!!!

Those loons had better never bring up Jen’s smoking again.

• Missouri Fan

Lady G Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 7:03 pm
    Missouri Fan Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 6:57 pm
    =====================================================

You’re welcome!

• Lola

Hello everyone–shout out to coalharbourqt :) Glad there’s a new thread–don’t think I can finish reading the old one at this point.

The Borgia movie idea is interesting and a period piece will definitely be exciting. I wonder if it’s the type of role AJ would take on though? She might like the Borgia’s character as a misunderstood woman back in that time but if the director, screenplay writer, etc. decides to play up the salacious “facts” surrounding Borgia’s life and even lend it some credence, then AJ might think it’s not a character she would want her children to see her in.

• test

Angelina’s Children’s Charity Still MIA

Nearly 17 months after the orphan-rescuing actress-slash-UN envoy announced a deal to create a new children’s charity with St. John, the project in question is still little more than a kindly notion. Nobody would call Angelina Jolie uncharitable, but somehow her good deeds never seem to keep pace with her promises.

In September 2005, luxury apparel maker St. John hired Jolie as its new spokesmodel. As part of the arrangement, the company agreed to create a foundation benefiting children’s causes, which Jolie was to oversee. Though no timetable was set, a St. John spokeswoman assured Radar in September that an announcement about the fund’s structure and beneficiaries would be announced “definitely before the end of the year.”

Last week, however, that same spokeswoman said, “The charity hasn’t been formed yet at all.” After promising to look into the matter, she never called back. Nor did Jolie’s manager, Geyer Kosinski.

Maybe she needs a little prodding to remind her of her commitments? After all, it worked last time.

• test

The Brangelina Money Mystery

Radar gets results! Or so we’d like to think. After repeated inquiries over the past three days about the fate of the millions in People-magazine money Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt promised to donate to childrens’ charities last June, the couple made a surprise announcement … to the Associated Press.

Yesterday afternoon, a spokeswoman for the couple told AP about the hastily formed (and inventively named) Jolie/Pitt Foundation, saying it had pledged $1 million to Global Action for Children and $1 million to Doctors Without Borders. The news more or less resolves any lingering questions about what the pair actually planned to do with their Shiloh windfall, reported to be $4.1 million (though People disputes that figure.)

Back in June, reports said the dough was destined for Unicef, but officials there told Radar they had not received a pledge of any kind. As for the UN High Commission on Refugees, where Jolie is a goodwill ambassador, spokesmen there referred all calls to Jolie’s Geneva-based “handler,” Shannon Boyd, a UN employee “who looks exclusively after Angelina Jolie,” and who never returns our calls.

Meanwhile, Radar has learned one of Jolie’s other would-be charitable ventures has been postponed until the end of the year. Last summer, the actress inked a deal to be the spokesmodel for luxury apparel line St. John Knits on the condition she could spearhead its new philanthropic effort. The not-for-profit was reportedly going to be launched at the end of August, just in time for Fashion Week, but Jolie and St. John had yet to determine the purpose of the unnamed foundation and its launch was put on hold. “It’s still in the developmental stages,” says a St. John spokesperson. “We haven’t decided whether it will be devoted to one cause or to several.”

While the global obsession with the world’s most beautiful and selfless couple seems to be a boon for charities, Brangelina isn’t above making a bit of change on the side. “They’ve made tons of money through Getty,” crows a high-level magazine editor, describing how the couple recently tried shopping photos of themselves leaving a restaurant to the photo agency for $150,000.

• coalharbourqt

59 the real tita Says: Thanks for the info. – I’m looking forward to it even more now, even though it is a sad story. I actually get the impression that ‘A Mighty Heart’ focuses a lot on Marianne’s ordeal in trying to get Daniel back after he is kidnapped by the Jihadi. I don’t expect it to be a ‘feel good movie’, that’s for sure, but I predict that the ending may focus on the birth of the baby (not sure if boy/girl) as that is always a bittersweet moment when one has lost a spouse/partner.

Guli – doing well – hope you’re enjoying your Beringer! A good sign that you must be feeling better. I may have to step out and get some vino myself ;-) I noticed you mentioned Brad filming in Canada (TAOJJ). My cousin and her husband, who is an architect/engineer/land developer live in Calgary and rented out one of their condos to some of the film crew of TAOJJ, but alas, no Brad and Angelina sightings :-(

JoliePitt Says: Very welcome – didn’t mean to muddy the waters! The threads are a lot to keep up on and I miss a lot too! I was gone for a couple of weeks when my sweetie was in town and I feel like I missed 2 months worth.

• Mr and Mrs. Smith

test Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 7:26 pm
    ___________________________________________________

OMG, this is hilarious. You went to ALL the trouble of going to a fansite of Brad and Angie just to find some incriminating evidence against Angie? LOL! This is too funny. Oh, by the way, you know she’ll have other biological babies even with that picture, don’t you?

• julia

well test aren’t you just a little ray of sunshine…
    Not too much going on today for you?

• guli

Hey MF— when does the voting end, feb when????

Estelle, where are you lady don’t go to lurkdome now, it is so much fun to have fun to drive the one or two idiots crazy since they can’t join in and are like little kids wanting good or bad attention, well NO attention just kills them and they fall apart :lol: I sure hope they are by the ocean or have half a brain that running tap water might work to scream at….. JMHO!!!!

• test

Nope so I thought i’d come here and share some sunshine!

• susie

Imagination of the Day-
    Picture the Chin playing Marianne Pearl?

• Ameema

Guli,
    I must already be drunk, LOL. for some odd reason, I thought there was a party tonight. Oh well, The 27th is not that far away, I guess I can wait till then. Heh, no matter how drunk you are, you can never sound like a troll . LOL

• Mr and Mrs. Smith

Oy, this test person must be Ritzygal. She is hilarious with her posts. So pray tell test person, are we supposed to now ‘hate’ Brad and Angie and think the worst of them because radar online tells us so? LOL, you are too funny.

• Lady G

guli Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 7:38 pm
    Hey MF— when does the voting end, feb when????

=====================================================

Hey, I’m not MF but the voting ends on Feb 28th.

• cookie

TEST thank you for the pic of AJ that you posted,isnt she gorgeous?she is drop dead gorgeous.

• coalharbourqt

71 test Says:
    __________________
    I think you’ll find that the difference between your precious X and Brad and Angelina is that Brad and Angelina have made a concerted effort TO QUIT smoking – because THEY HAVE CHILDREN AROUND. Yes, there have been some pictures of Brad smoking recently – however considering the incredible strain they have been under lately I don’t blame Brad – and I am confident he doesn’t light up around the children. As someone who smoked for 12 years and has quit for 9 I know how hard of a battle it is though for anyone. Nice try though jack ass.

73 Lola Says:
    ___________
    Hey there! So nice to see you back :-) I agree with you – I can’t see them picking a film like this right now either – more of a nice fantasy than anything – lol. How have you been?

• Lola

test Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 7:31 pm
    ….As part of the arrangement, the company agreed to create a foundation benefiting children’s causes…
    ***********************************
    According to your article, the burden of creating the foundation falls on S t. John’s, not Angelina. Whatever S t. John’s failure might be, it shouldn’t be attributed to AJ and for the record, S t. John’s can be sued for breach of contract by Angelina if they never get around to doing this. You can blame AJ if she failed to represent S t. John’s as agreed and S t. John’s uses that failure to renege on their promise to create a charitable foundation. However if it is S t. John’s that reneges on its part of the bargain even while AJ performed her side of the contract, you can’t hold AJ responsible for that. It’s like if I contracted with you to buy a car and I paid you and you failed to deliver the car. Are you saying I’m to blame for your failure to deliver the car as promised?

You and the writer of that article are so obviously trying to find something to pin on Angelina that you’ll make her responsible for the shortcomings of anyone remotely connected to her. That articles just exposes how desperately you’re grasping at straws to find a point of contention regarding this woman.

• marmalade

Film adaptations of books often differ in thier focus so I suppose we can’t tell yet but I just wanted to add that I found the book of A Mighty Heart very inspiring and uplifting. Of course the story is immensly sad and yes I did cry at parts of it but the overall impression I was left with was one of hope for the human race. This is due I think to Mariannes personality and sheer force of spirit and love for life and people and I imagine that that’s what will come through the film version, not least because that’s what Angelina is like herself. There’s a lot of detail about not just what happened and how it affected Mariane at that time but also the world reaction to Daniels kidnapping. It’s also a beautiful love story, I’m looking forward to seeing it.

• Lola

coalharbourqt Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 7:44 pm
    *******************************
    Doing ok. Still at the office and will be here for a little while longer even it is quitting time.

Yes it is nice to imagine roles AJ might play–she’s so versatile and she’s got so much intensity that she’ll make any character come alive and make it her own too.

• briseis

Wasn’t this radaronline the same website that tried to smear Brad and Angelina by saying that their Namibian donations were never made, and yet Lainey actually made contact with the Namibians who said that the donations were actually done? And yet radaronline never made a retraction?

Why is it that those who spend their time and money on charitable works are the most maligned? Maybe Angelina should just be like Kate and Posh, patron saints of the shopping malls … and forget all the sick and starving refugees in the world.

• test

Let me start by saying I am not ritzygirl. I do not care if you love or hate braddy boy or jolie. Do I think anyone will change there mind by what I post? Nope. I just get such a kick out of your lame excuses that you make up for these people. So it’s o.k. to smoke when things are tough? I don’t think so! jen smoking = bad … brad somking = it’s o.k. jolie colors her hair and wears make up = she’s so natural jen colors her hair and wears make up = she’s so fake. I also smoked and stopped so don’t give me the crap about i don’t know what its like. Also I just love it when jared is not here to delete anything negative about these two. I love watching you people squirm to find reason in your defence of these two. So keep it coming, I need a laugh tonight.

• http://UK to test

Go away before I bring you article on your Idol x,it seems it the only way that makes you run away from BA thread

• http://JustJared IslandG1rl

Test, WTF is wrong with you? Did you get up from the wrong side of the bed this morning? Why can’t you just be nice. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. You irritate the hell out of me.

• coalharbourqt

To Test Says:

“Of course, Jolie has had a busy year and a half, starring in The Good Shepherd and the upcoming A Mighty Heart, about murdered journalist Daniel Pearl, along with giving birth to Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, her daughter with pseudo-husband, Brad Pitt.” We can now add to that the death of her MOTHER.

“…its launch was put on hold. “It’s still in the developmental stages,” says a **. John spokesperson. “We haven’t decided whether it will be devoted to one cause or to several.”

All you’ve proven is that your reading comprehension skills are limited. Brad and Angelina have very full lives and I have no doubt that they will live up to their commitments on THEIR timeline, and not YOURS. Vamos!

• MAMS Timeline

Someone asked for a timeline for MAMS

Star-Crossed: A timeline of ”Mr. & Mrs. Smith” — From the first script draft to a Kenyan vacation we look at how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie became involved in the film

By Steve Daly

Spring 2000
    Film student Simon Kinberg sends a seven-page outline about a couple of married spies to writer-producer Akiva Goldsman.

Summer 2000
    Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton tie the knot May 5 in Vegas. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston throw a $1 million Malibu wedding on July 29.

April 2001
    Kinberg delivers a first-draft screenplay to Summit Entertainment. He’ll eventually deliver over 100 more versions. August 2001 Jolie is appointed a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Fall 2001
    Fox-based Regency Pictures agrees to finance Smith .

March 2002
    Jolie and Thornton adopt a Cambodian baby. He’s given the name Maddox — and a Mohawk.

May 2002
    John Woo kicks the tires to direct. Nicole Kidman begins circling to play Mrs. Smith.

July 2002
    Jolie files for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. (The problem of that ”Billy Bob” tattoo can be resolved.)

Fall 2002
    Pitt joins Kidman in negotiations to star in Smith , with Doug Liman likely to direct.

Summer 2003
    Kidman drops out due to long Stepford Wives shoot. Jolie signs on as Pitt’s costar. He’ll start after Troy , she after Alexander .

January 2004
    Filming begins in Los Angeles. Liman is ecstatic over his stars’ chemistry, but as time goes on, the schedule slips.

Late April 2004
    With a good third of Smith still to be shot, Pitt leaves for Chicago to begin work on Ocean’s Twelve .

May 3, 2004
    Rumors of Jolie and Pitt’s ”growing intimacy” on and off the Smith set are suddenly an Us Weekly ”Hot Topic” and a Star cover story.

May 10, 2004
    Pitt and Aniston attend the Troy premiere in New York and dispel speculation of a Pitt-Jolie affair.

July 12, 2004
    Ocean’s Twelve wraps.

August 2004
    Filming on Smith resumes in L.A. and, later, Italy. Paparazzi snap the stars looking smitten. They’re in character, says the film troupe.

Dec. 27, 2004 – Jan. 8, 2005
    Pitt and Aniston vacation in Anguilla.

Jan. 7, 2005
    Pitt and Aniston announce they are separating. Entire forests are felled to print magazines heralding the news.

March 2005
    During nine days of Smith reshoots outside L.A., paparazzi swarm but can’t get shots because the stars’ trailers are inside the set.

March 17, 2005
    Between reshoots, Pitt and Jolie appear at ShoWest to promote the movie. Hours after they leave, Aniston arrives to receive an award.

March 25, 2005
    Aniston files for divorce; that same weekend Pitt and Jolie stay at the Parker Palm Springs (separately) during a photo shoot promoting Smith .

April 19, 2005
    Pitt and Jolie vacation in Kenya’s Diani Beach with Jolie’s 3-year-old son, Maddox.

April 30, 2005
    According to PEOPLE, Pitt flies to London to pick up Jolie; the two jet off to Morocco, where Pitt is shooting Babel , and dine together in Pitt’s suite.

June 7, 2005
    Smith will have its premiere in L.A. Will the stars attend? That’s classified.

• +++

test Says:

February 9th, 2007 at 7:38 pm

Nothing new. its so yesterrday. those tab .news trying to ripped Angie apart. WE Don’t BELIEVED IT!

• colsen

That is what i found very funny and pathetic of the haters, like Test #74 #75… that they HATE Brad and Angie so much, but still they are so OBSESS with them that they do research about them and they keep track on everything that they are doing!! I mean, if you are sick of them; why you follow every move they make??, because the haters are even more OBSESS with them than we fans are with them!!

And the haters are more VOCAL about they hatred about them… because lets face it; the haters have NO LIFE and that is why they are so obsess with Brangelina!!

• Estelle

Hey Guli, my favorite mayor ;)

Why waste the tap water…point to the toilette. :)

• susie

Test- thanks for the idea. Think I’ll go smoke a cigarette in honor of you.

• test

to test Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Go ahead as I stated I need a laugh! But then I may have to post something like this to you:

OMG, this is hilarious. You went to ALL the trouble of going to a fansite of Jennifer Aniston just to find some incriminating evidence against Jen? LOL! This is too funny.