Barack Obama: 'I'm Running For President'

Barack Obama: 'I'm Running For President'

“The time for that politics is over. Itis through. It’s time to turn the page.”

Illinois Senator Barack Obama seeks to become the first black president of The United States. He formally announced this morning that he’s entering the presidential race at the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Ill.

Said Obama: “We can build a more hopeful America. And that is why, in the shadow of the Old State Capitol, where Lincoln once called on a divided house to stand together, where common hopes and common dreams still live, I stand before you today to announce my candidacy for president of the United States.”

Obama trails in most national polls only to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Also pictured: Wife Michelle and daughters (l-r) Sasha, 5, and Malia, 7.

barack obama daughters 01
barack obama daughters 02
barack obama daughters 03
barack obama daughters 04

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
Willemijn @ 02/10/2007 at 4:30 pm

I’m glad he’s running for President. I like him, I think he’d do a great job.

Wow!!! Thanks Just Jared. Nice Post . This should be an interesting presidential race. Finally some choices for the American People. I like Obama and looking forward to hearing more about his campaign.

He is a fresh, handsome, and clean candidate for a NEW face of USA!
Good luck

What’s the point? He is not going to win. Good guy, but America is not ready yet.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/10/2007 at 4:42 pm

Finally a Black man with the balls to run for President. Even tho The [White] man will probably will [try to] kill him before he ever becomes President. [Lol]

I just wish he didn’t have such a weird name.

VOTE FOR BARACK = A BETTER AMERICA

This makes me very happy…Go BARACK!

A little hope @ 02/10/2007 at 5:04 pm

Go Obama. But if Gore decides to join, I’ll have to switch loyalties. The election couldn’t come fast enough. I’m praying these two years go by without further damage by this administration. But unfortunately, the news channels and officials seem to already be drumming up a war with Iran.

This is really awesome. Love Obama!

i think that you are totally wrong, Why? we are ready for this. if you say we aren’t now, then were never going to be. we need something that we have never had before in order to get out of what we are in right now.

[Fug Face Maniston] Says:

February 10th, 2007 at 4:42 pm

I just wish he didn’t have such a weird name.

——————————————-

Everything about you is negative. You have a negative disposition and it comes out in your writings. I have read many of your comments on various topics on JJ and the majority of them, have negative connotations to them. I come to JJ everyday and read many of the comments. I rarely post. Why don’t you attempt to be more positive?

Think, before you write please. People from all walks of life – read these blogs. What your suggesting in the writing above, is that someone could be murdered.

Oops! I meant you’re instead of your (sp.) before suggesting.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/10/2007 at 5:59 pm

Yea and…..?
Do you think the [White man] wants a Black President? hell 2 the no
lmaoo. All jokes aside, I like Barack, and im Happy hes running for President. Positive enough for you?

[Fug Face Maniston] Says:

What the white man wants or doesn’t want, is neither here nor there. The white man in America today, are a minority. The faces of America has changed significantly. People of color in North America are the majority, and their population is rapidly growing everyday.

My suggestion was that you be more positive and careful with what you put in black and white, on a blogsite. You never know who is reading what you write.

They look like a modern-day presential family. He has fresh ideas and will be an exciting change for politics. I’m looking forward to the next race…

His birth name was Barry.

HOTTEST COUPLE EVER @ 02/10/2007 at 7:28 pm

I think that Barak will make a fine President and bring some dignity back into the White House. He has my vote.

That is great. He deserves to run. His family looks so supportive and that is neat.

FUG FACE MANISTON has a point……………………that is, that there are powerful interests out there who would attempt to assassinate a black man running for president of the US. Dont bury your heads in the sand and pretend that racism isnt alive and well in America. And BTW, Fug face, Obama wouldnt be the first black man to run (NB Jesse Jackson) and there’ve been others who’ve contemplated running…….e.g Colin Powell). And dont forget that a black woman ran for president sometime inthe early-mid 80s……..if i remember correctly.

He’s my senator and I’ve been hoping he would run for a long time. He has intelligence and dignity and would be a fine president.

per CMAR, “that there are powerful interests out there who would attempt to assassinate a black man running for president of the US.”

Those same powerful interests did assasinate JFK (a white man who WAS president). Assasinations are not just about racism, they are about POWER. Your point on this issue is not valid.

per CMAR, “Do not bury your head in the sand.”

Who doesn’t know that racism is alive and thriving in North America! Racism today, in North America has gotten more creative. Racism in North America took a different shape and form.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/10/2007 at 8:51 pm

[Aleezah] JFK was for the Blacks. not agaisnt them. thats why he was killed.

[Fug Face Maniston] your statement is not an accurate statement.

There were more than one reason why JFK was assasinated. Whether JFK was for blacks or not, is debatable. That is a perception based on your paradigm. You might want to read about the “Bay of Pigs” fiasco while JFK was in office to be more enlightened.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All