Tyra Banks: New Sports Illustrated Cover

Tyra Banks: New Sports Illustrated Cover

What do you think of Tyra Banks‘ new Sports Illustrated cover?

Sports Illustrated: Tyra’s 10 Year Anniversary

In honor of Black History Month, Tyra celebrated the 10th annivesary of becoming the first Afircan-Americ an model to be fatured solo on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Editon. She recreated the groundbreaking photo in the Bahamas while wearing the same polka-dot bikini witih the same photographer she worked with a decvade ago. Here are the amazing photos from that shoot!

tyra banks sports illustrated cover 01
tyra banks sports illustrated remake 01
tyra banks sports illustrated remake 02

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

please.
airbrush much?!

that airbrush on the stomach is too much

Capriciousdiva @ 02/20/2007 at 8:19 pm

I agree theres been airbrushing going on. She atleast should have done something with her hair

That is not the same suit. I do think “Fat Trya” looks better than “Skinny Tyra”.

And I thought she did this to prove she still looked good not for BHM.

It’s not even the same bikini!

Umm, I know that Tyra’s been through airbrush/photoshop heaven, but she doesn’t look half bad. She’s definitely not nearly as toned, has a bad weave, and I don’t even think that’s the same bikini, but she looks pretty good. Of course, back in the day, she was smoking hot. She and Naomi ruled the catwalk then. Too bad that though she’s psycho, Naomi’s still doing real good physically. Tyra’s slacking, but that’s why she’s retired.

I hope it doesn’t really look like that, but her boobs are too saggy in the second shot. Ugh! Of course the first photo looks the best. Her skin is tight and toned. Her stomach looked really good. Her hair also looked much sexier.

Oh well, remember you pretty ladies: This is what all of you have to look forward to! After a certain age, it doesn’t matter one ounce what you used to look like. We are all on equal playing field once age sets in.

Tyra still looks pretty good, though.

cpt obvious @ 02/20/2007 at 8:42 pm

should be called the 10th anniversary airbrush edition. besides the shitastic hair, what HASN’T been airbrushed on her body? fat tyra needs to decide if she’s going to believe her rhetoric of being fat and proud, or just admit she’s fat and bitter and single-handedly keeping an army of photo editors in business while screaming, “i love my fat ass!” through twinkie-stuffed cheeks.

does this mean we are finally past the “look, i’m not really that big” portion of her life? i’m so over it.

not to be rude, but does anyone really care that she posed twice in this bikini?

She looks somewhat good. She’s not fat at all.

krungkrung @ 02/20/2007 at 8:58 pm

the pic on the left, looks like Jessica Alba’s body hehe, those pics r xtremely fotoshopped, c’mon, not that stupid duh?

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/20/2007 at 9:01 pm

When Tyra [black] takes pictures she gets airbrushed?!?
But when a white person takes pics their gorgeous. Lmao.

dlisted sucks! @ 02/20/2007 at 9:04 pm

If the look on her face wasn’t like that and the weave was better, it wouldn’t look so bad. The pose is really bad too. She looks scared. I think she was going for the sexy but innocent looks but she failed. Even if photoshop helped, her body still looks good.

shoelover @ 02/20/2007 at 9:16 pm

Why does her belly button look like a black hole in the 2nd one? Other than that she looks good with the curves!

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/20/2007 at 9:17 pm

lol @ Jessica Alba’s body

Jessica is about 20 pounds less than Tyra was in that photo on the left 10years ago. And Alba has no breast. [lol]

Tyra Banks is black?

How come she has hazel eyes and blonde roots?

Look at this and then look at the pics there

That is some SERIOUS air brushing. Why didn’t they just have someone draw her from scratch?

suck on that.

Why does Tyra go on and on about her body, if that’s not even her body in the
photoshopped cover?
What a liar.

Her thighs dont look like that there is no gap. Nothing wrong with that, but
don’t lie about your body and say you are a role model for girls. Be honest.

Joyce Stewart @ 02/20/2007 at 10:04 pm

#16
Black people have hazel, blue, brown eyes just like white folks. Tyra’s is well known for her hazel eyes.

She’s looks good to me. She’s preserved well over the years, but not really surprised people of color don’t age as bad:P

I can’t believe I am admitting to this but I watched the this episode of Tyra Banks Show. They had to add material to the bathing suit. But these pictures side by side the suit looks totally different. Different color and everything.

I hate how Tyra tries to act like she is changing the face a beauty by protraying “every woman”, mean while America’s Next Top Model is looking for the stereotypical waif thin model.

Pick a side Tyra. You can’t have it both ways!

You can tell by the way the dots are lined up that it’s not the same bikini. Unless when she was thinner the dots layed differently but i’m pretty sure the older bikini had less dots around the chest area and the dots on the bottom half don’t match up either. Nice try though, but if you’re really going to say you can wear the same bikini 10 years later at least try and find the same one. The 2nd set of pics do look fierce. Her body looks flawless to me.

I hate to break it to all of you but every single picture you have ever seen on the cover of a magazine as been airbrushed. Some to a greater extent than others — but if you think a photograph can go to print and be put on newsstands as is, you are seriously misguided. All cover photos are airbrushed. Period.

#18
yes, but then they are mixed.
Why should a mixed person be rather black than white, even if he/she looks white?
That makes no sense.

her stomach is a little wider and her hair looks terrible and that is not the same bikini. I am pregnant now and i model and before i got pregnant which was a months ago, i had my first child 4 months before but after i has him i started to model again and i was so unhappy with my “fat” body and i decided not to go with airbrushing and be natrul and let people see the real me and what people look like wih out airbrushing, if i had went with that i would have been dissapointed in myself becuase that is not the real you. My ad for Guess Jeans came out natural and even though i didnt look perfocto i was happy because that me. Tyra had some mafor hair brushing. also she should have curved her stomoach like in the first one. Not just straight like that. The first one is def. hotter.

blackfriday1978 @ 02/20/2007 at 10:45 pm

I don’t mind she is fat or slim, I honestly think that she looks good either way. It is just so sad that she is agreeing to hide the real her with the airbrushing, and at the same time telling the world that she is okay with her body image. She is in serious denial…

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All