Drew Barrymore Goes Plain 'Jane'
Drew Barrymore poses in a simple headshot as the covergirl for the March 2007 issue of Jane Magazine. Here’s a couple of fun excerpts from Jane‘s expletive-filled interview with Drew:
- On flashing David Letterman on national TV: “I’m thrilled I did that, but no way would I do it now. Man, I was such a sexual, free, ****ing nudist little bird running around. I love it. I’m still sensual, but I’m much more modest now. But I think I’ll always be a bit of a wood nymph when it comes to sexuality. It’s like, ‘**** it, be free and have the most fun you can.’ ”
- On staying active: “I’m such a workaholic and so ****ing on fire all the time, it bewilders the **** out of me…If you’re interested in something, you have to act on it. When you get ideas, don’t just let them be fleeting thoughts that flow into the universe, so that later you look back and think, ‘God, I wish I had done something about that.’ Just go for it and never be afraid.”
- On her unstable family life: “I’ve got one wacky family…I understood early that we were not going to have stability. You just have to find your own way and not sit in **** and cry about what you think you don’t have. Get over it.”
- On being the godmother of Frances Cobain, daughter of Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain: Courtney and I have not seen each other in a while, so I haven’t had the pleasure of being in Frances’ life for a few years. That’s a great loss for me, and I hope to reconnect with her.”
- On her past failed marriages and whether she will ever remarry: “If I had known what I know now, I would say to myself, ‘Do not get married before you’re 30, and be together a minimum of five years first. That’s just for me—not my love advice for the world. I feel like I’m the least authoritative person to talk about marriage, because I sorta screwed that whole thing up. As they say, I ‘screwed the pooch’ on marriage. But I never put rules or guidelines on my life. It’s certainly not something I desire one bit right now, but I would like to in the future.”
Drew Barrymore for Jane Magazine hits newsstands Feb. 27 nationwide.