Chris Richardson is the "Geek in the Pink"

Chris Richardson is the

The most enjoyable American Idol performance of the night from the Top 10 guys was Chris Richardson‘s rendition of Jason Mraz‘s “Geek in the Pink.”

Chris dedicated this song to his grandma. Randy said Chris sang it better than the original. Simon said it was the “best performance of the night by a mile.” And Paula said, well, I forget. Watch the performance below and make your own call!

Was Chris‘s performance enough to win your vote? If so, call 1-866-436-5709!

Is he the next Justin Timberlake? Some say so…

Pictured below in Row 1 (l-r): Chris Richardson, Jared Cotter, Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, AJ Tabaldo. Row 2 (l-r): Brandon Rogers, Nick Pedro, Phil Stacey, Sanjaya Malakar, Sundance Head

Chris Richardson performs “Geek in the Pink” – American Idol, 2/27

• Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

yeah they can get off the JT comparisons now. his voice is not nearly as strong. BUT after blake he was my favorite tonight. i think when they get into themes it will be interesting to see how he’ll do. i think his voice is going to give at some point.

um sanjaya, hurt my feelings. i was embarrassed for him. he was easily the worst tonight. what was that?

Miz Booshay @ 02/27/2007 at 11:29 pm

Honestly, he is the only one of the guys I can see becoming a big music star.
My favorite by far.

He really was great tonight. I enjoyed his performance. And agree with above, Sanjaya…? That was probably the worst performance on American Idol EVER! Felt quite bad for him.

Howerver, my personal favorite is Brandon. He has the sweetest personality & such a nice voice. I just LOVE him!

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/28/2007 at 12:18 am

One of these 3 will win idol = Chris Richardson, Blake Lewis, Phil Stacey

Sanjaya Malakar is the worst contestant the show ever had.

are all of you tone deaf? CHRIS SUCKED!!!!! Im serious! The whole JT comparison has gotta go. This foo is a straight up poser!

I agree with you guys also Sanjaya really is worse then i thought.

I can see Chris, Blake, and Brandon sticking around for awhilee……

wow that was pretty darn good. upload the judges reactions please.

Chris rocked the **** out of the place tonight. In my opinion, the only person better than him is Blake Lewis.

Oh, and I hate Sundance and Sanjaya. I don’t know what was up with Sanjaya tonight.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/28/2007 at 12:49 am

I also felt extremely bad for Sanjaya, to me that was the worse performance I’ve ever seen on idol. he looks really confused with his sexuality. [lol]
That whole whispering thing he did tonight was just horrible. He should of been kicked off last week cause his first performance wasn’t much better

This show is truly pathetic, this Chris R guys wasn’t horrible but these dudes are honestly not anything close to being special. None of them would even stand out at an open mic night at a small college. CBS’s Rockstar got a lot lower ratings, but atleast most of the contestants in that show actually had some talent. They would wipe the floor with dismal idol contestants!!!!!!!

I think AI standards are getting lower for this season. How can this be called great? Must mean that everybody else sucks big time. This is Justin Timberlake wannabe, right down to the shaking and pointing and even singing except for once I am beginning to appreciate Justin Timberlake as a singer. Get him off the show . In fact get them all off the show and just get back the guys from Season 5.

creativegirl @ 02/28/2007 at 6:24 am

Jared, you’ve got the top 4 right on. Chris Richardson, Jared Cotter, Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh.

1. Blake – My total fav last night, he was great and does something unique which makes him stand out.

2. Chris Sligh – he has a voice like crazy, he probably sang better than Blake but Blake has got the whole package going.

3. Jared Cotter – whoo he’s smooth, great powerful voice, makes a statement and knows how to work it.

4. Chris Richardson – Now I really didn’t like his performance and was surprised to hear them give him such high praise. I didn’t think his voice sounded too strong, but I’m my confusion may have something to do with the fact that I never heard the song he sang, so I had nothing to compare it to. Regardless, I still think he is one of the best of the guys.

The rest can go, they are just too doofy for me and could never be the winner.

Unfortunately for the guys, there is not one of them who could hold a candle to a few of those girls. I can’t wait to see what they do tonight.

tanique33 @ 02/28/2007 at 8:24 am

vocally the boys may not hold a candle to the girls PERHAPS, but we all know AI is not just about singing. i think the top boys have more personality than the girls, so i’m definitely not counting them out.

Xanthis2001 @ 02/28/2007 at 8:49 am

Yeah, I like Chris but according to the Dialidol results he was in the bottom 3 and Sundance Head was number one for the second week in a row. I can help but wonder if Vote for the Worst choosing him as the pick this year has anything to fo with it. The motto is “Bad Head is better than no head at all.”

if this was the best performance of the night…those boys are in big trouble!

Very disappointing season of Idol so far. There isn’t anyone that I can’t wait to see what they do next. This is a very boring group compared to last year’s top 24.

I’m huge Jason Mraz fan and Jason Mraz performance of ‘Geek in the Pink” is FAR more better. So please sod of with all those ridiculous comaprison to JT or the fact that he performed the song better than Jason Mraz.

Blake Lewis is the BEST not this impersonator Chris Richardson i can’t believe the judges don’t rip him apart for being a JT clone.

i agree with #17, however, as jared points out, it’s RANDY who said richardson performed the song even better than its original singer. so….. anyway, DO WE EVEN CARE WHAT RANDY HAS TO SAY?? no.

“Randy said Chris sang it better than the original.”

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 02/28/2007 at 5:03 pm

What makes Chris Richardson a Justin Timberlake impersonator?

Is it because he’s a Caucasian with a Caesar?

Whatever it is, like him or dislike him, on every poll I’ve seen he’s 3 in popularity.

I think he’s better than Justin!

This guy is most likely not a very experienced singer and he rocked it!

Imagine what would he become in a few years and with more experience. I hope he keeps the nice attitude.

I really do hope Blake Lewis wins. There’s something about him that is just so unique and different from everything else. I think American Idol needs to have someone different. Maybe it’s because he has a good personality. Maybe it’s because he can damn well sing (*Sanjaya – I can’t stand him, he has the personality of a friggin’ pencil and CANT SING). And, Blake gets the crowd going!
GO BLAKE LEWIS, we love you!

AJ Tabaldo was the best of the night and really one of the best in the competition.

Chris Richardson was not even close to the orginal and i hated hated hated his version..
can’t wait to see him go, him and fu**ing sundance head.
and i hate paula too.

Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, and Brandon Rogers are my top three guys..
the only ones i really like any ways..

That was HOT! He deserved his props, tackling Mraz and not coming off as utter fool, is IMPRESSIVE. I don’t think some people realize how hard it is to sing Mraz. Give him a couple years and this kid is going to be IT!

Also, to someone who said Blake is original??? PLEASE! He IS the one ripping off JT with the beat boxing and the clothes he wears, it is straight up boy band!!! He is too flashy and choreopgraphed, no originality whatsoever. He tries way too hard to be different…be he aint.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All