Kirsten Dunst Finds Key To Success

Kirsten Dunst Finds Key To Success

The girl that everybody loves to hate, Kirsten Dunst, is the cover girl for the April 2007 issue of W Magazine as photographed by Craig McDean. The 24-year-old moppet-haired former child star opens up about finally finding the key to success:

• On her self-proclaimed best performance in the 1994 film Interview with a Vampire that costarred Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and earned her a Golden Globe nomination: “I’ve never been so good! After 11, it all went downhill.”
  • On her disappointment of Marie Antoinette‘s failure to connect with a wider audience: “I’m really disappointed in taste right now. I hope I don’t sound weird,” she explains. “I’m not bitter. I’m just a little, Well, that sucks because I really liked the movie. Whatevs. It’ll live on.”
  • On her personal life: “I don’t want to get into any of that because I don’t want to ruin my life. I’m done talking about anybody until I’m married. I’m a person who likes to hang out. I would never go on a blind date. That sounds like the most uncomfortable thing on the planet earth. It’s like, ‘Hi. Nice to meet you. So, what kind of music do you like?’ Date ended.”
  • On who Kirsten wants to end up with: “I need to eat a piece of pizza on a stoop in New York, and I cannot be with anybody fancy.”
  • On being a cheap-o: “Even though I was making tons of money and doing movies. I would still be excited to go with $20 to Contempo Casuals.”
  • On coming to terms with being a celebrity: “I’m okay with it. I love what I do, and I know that I’ve been given this gift. But there was a time when I wasn’t, of course. And if I didn’t struggle with it, I probably wouldn’t be a good actress at all. I used to feel like I had to be the best at what I did, but I realized I don’t have to be the best. It’s so freeing. I’ve never been this happy.”

Read Kirsten Dunst‘s full W Magazine interview here.

kirsten dunst w magazine 01
kirsten dunst w magazine 02
kirsten dunst w magazine 03
kirsten dunst w magazine 04
kirsten dunst w magazine 05
kirsten dunst w magazine 06
kirsten dunst w magazine 07
kirsten dunst w magazine 08

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

tanique33 @ 03/07/2007 at 2:37 pm

jared, you’re quickly becoming the premiere source for all thing kirsten. you better be careful. you’re scaring me, with your lack of snark. i like the photos too.

campy_dude @ 03/07/2007 at 2:58 pm

And if I didn’t struggle with it, I probably wouldn’t be a good actress at all.

No, honey you still are a pretty medoicre one

ohiostate#1 @ 03/07/2007 at 3:12 pm

puketastic
i cant believe jakey g tapped that

GROSS

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/07/2007 at 3:15 pm

Jared, what’s good with the Vampire threads? [lol]

Has she taken Sienna’s place?

Orphan Annie @ 03/07/2007 at 3:24 pm

On her disappointment of Marie Antoinette’s failure to connect with a wider audience: “I’m really disappointed in taste right now.

Does she mean disappointed with good taste because Marie Antoinette was the worst thing to happen to cinema since Howard the Duck.

sunshineday @ 03/07/2007 at 3:25 pm

the photos are a bit creepy. they seem to give off a prostitute-druggie-”come and rape me” vibe. she seems like a nice enough girl; it’s just the iffy pose choices for the pictures that keep bothering me : /

AAAAHHHH…I just saw a real live vampire. I better make a new garlic necklace.

Homegirl needs to fix her snaggletooth.

Leave her alone! She’s pretty and i can’t wait to see spider-man 3

ps ; She’s much better than Kate Bosworth.

Kate Bosworth. Good Lord. She’s hideous too.

oh if Kirsten took Sienna’s place, then I don’t mind ))

OhioState #1 I agree with you….I don’t know why Jake was with her…but then he seems like a guy that doesn’t care about looks.
But she sure is ugly
And YES…..a MEDIOCRE actress…..

Marie Antoinette failed because she is a vile woman and horrific actress. However, in her opinion the movie failed because the general publlic has no taste. The French, who generally love Sofia Coppola’s films, hated this wreck of a movie.

Jillian B @ 03/07/2007 at 6:39 pm

Casper the ghost.

GORGEOUS! I adore the photos! Way to go W & Kiki!

I knew those bangs would work for her, if only she would let her hair down. These are one of the best photos of Kirsten I’ve seen and a definite improvement from this year’s Academy Awards-look. Though I don’t like her much as an actress, these pictures are interesting. :)

What’s with the hair?!!?!!? My goooood!
Though I think she’s not ugly at all.

I love her, she’s so cool. Good pictures too.

She looks like a younger Gwyneth Paltrow.

Which by the way….(yawn)….makes me a little sad for her.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/08/2007 at 9:44 am

Count Fugcula!! Run!!

Not very nice pics. I never thought she was pretty.

hi all .. i like this women . aloot , her smile her face .. wow alovely women .. i think , thew afew women like her !!