Melinda Doolittle is a WOMAN

Melinda Doolittle is a WOMAN

Are we watching American Idol or ARETHA Idol?

The most enjoyable American Idol performance of the night from the Top 8 girls was Melinda Doolittle’s rendition of Peggy Lee’s “I’m a Woman.” Melinda, 29, blew the roof off with her performance and the judges went wild.

• Randy said, “You were the hottest one of the night. You deserve it. You’re a consummate pro! You’re ready to go into the studio and just make a record. You’ve got it going on.”
  • Paula said, “You are so pheneonmal. You’re so likeable. You’re lovable. You’re brilliant on stage. You’re fantastic.”
  • Simon said, “You little tiger. I thought we had a Pussycat. I love that!”

MEOW! Watch the video of Melinda Doolittle‘s performance of “I’m a Woman” below! W-O-M-A-N!

Don’t miss Carrie Underwood on American Idol tomorrow, when she’ll perform her new hit “Wasted.”

Pictured below in Row 1 (l-r): Melinda Doolittle, LaKisha Jones, Gina Glocksen, Jordin Sparks Row 2 (l-r): Antonella Barba, Haley Scarnato, Stephanie Edwards, Sabrina Sloan.

Melinda Doolittle performs “I’m a Woman” – American Idol, 3/7

• Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Great Performance. Melinda Dolittle is becoming the front runner in American Idol. I like her voice and style.

she’s HOT! probably the new american idol HOT!

I think she should win, I don’t watch the show regularly but I have seen the recaps on the news. She seems so down-to-earth… maybe that’s just because she graduated from the same high school as me and she seems more real.

haha they feel guilty because they voted off J. Hudson. idiots.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/07/2007 at 10:40 pm

She sure is… a very u g l y w o m e n.

With a good voice.

oh my.

i’ve decided i have to listen to her, not look at her, but not because i think she is ugly. she is like celine for me. i’d rather hear them.

she was indeed the best vocally. lakeisha needs an uptempo, i’m over the power ballad. i pretty much enjoyed everyone except the two that need to go. ****** pics, and whatever her name is in the red. let’s be real, the road kind of just drops when it gets to them.

I cannot pin point what melinda looks like.. I don’t find her all that pretty but girl can sing.. I personally want Lekisha to win though or Chris S.

Melinda isn’t pretty, but she is attractive in her own way.. mostly because of her endearing personality. And oh yeah, she can sing the freakin lights out. Awesome.

You’all are foul. Melinda is beautiful….well, cute, anyway. Her performance gave me chills…

simonsucks @ 03/07/2007 at 11:41 pm

ok let me just say this simon is a douche-bag.

and melinda has an amazing voice!

DoolittleFan CCornel @ 03/07/2007 at 11:42 pm

So Jared, I’m delightfully surprised to see you feature the Next American Idol on your site — and so fast too !! It’s just too bad that it took you a week before you realized that Melinda Doolittle is the one. For me, and others, she WAS the frontrunner when she belted out that incredibly wonderfull jazzy rendition of My Funny Valentine last week. And she clearly remains so. That’s when the whole AI audience stood up and took notice of Melinda. I only wish you’d dig that performance up on YouTube or something and feature it on here for everyone to see, if they haven’t already.

So tell me: Does this mean you’re coming around to the Doolittle side and leaving Stephanie Edwards behind? I liked that Chaka Khan song, but Steph couldn’t hold those high notes and she kind of faltered. She was, dare I say, “pitchy.” To me, she’s a poor man’s Beyonce.

Jordin and Sabrina are cute and talented, but they can’t hold a candle to the main frontrunners. I still say it’s between Melinda and Lakeisha in the final. If there’s any justice, that is.

– DoolittleFan CCornel

Loved her performance. She isnt my type of singer, I prefer the Gina Glocksen type, but no denying Doolittle was awesome.

that was great

love her. LOVE her. she won’t win idol, but she’ll have an album out by fall.

FANTASTIC!

how many people reading this page could stand in front of a national audience and not break the camera. 85% of people are not “pretty”, there is usually some flaw that mars the looks of most of us. magnified when its on camera. melinda is not “pretty”, she has the degree of look of most people of the folks on the street a “6″, i think she has a cute, adorable quality working for her, and her mad skills will take her the rest of the way. her and lakinsha can bring it. frankly now its just matter of who are they going to sign with and who will be writing their songs and what genre will they choose.

FINALLY JUSTJARED DIDNT POST A BIASED BLOG !!! GOOD JOB!!

Absolutely lover her!! Fantastic Melinda!!

It's About Time @ 03/08/2007 at 5:22 am

I luv her voice, she does seem like she has a cool down to earth personality too. Melinda is a natural, wonder why she hasn’t been discovered yet?! I’m so sick of the Diva/Beyonce/Barbie Doll Clones, bring it on Melinda, you got it going on girl!!!!: A beautful smile too!:)

Great voice but where is her neck??

Ex-Lurker @ 03/08/2007 at 7:26 am

Beauty fades (with time despite, plastic surgery), talent stays and will only get better in time.

If she doesn’t win, she should, I think shes better than the rest of them put together…her voice is awesome, and I think shes a cute girl with a really great personality,

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/08/2007 at 9:38 am

sex sells.. melinda is far from sexy. it might sound f-ed up, but she’s to ugly to be an american idol

lakeisha gets my vote….awesome, she gives me goosebumps!

It is not all about looks. I like Melinda’s personality and oh boy, she can sing!!!!!!!!. She is awesome. It also helps that when she sings, she exudes confidence, which is hard to do when some people thinks she is ugly. To me, she is beautiful.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All