'300' Racks Up $70 Million

'300' Racks Up $70 Million

As expected, 300 set a new record for a March release, pulling in an estimated $70 million at this box office this weekend.

The March record was set at $68 million last year by Ice Age 2: The Meltdown.

300 also had the third-best R-rated opening of all time, after The Matrix Reloaded‘s ($91.8 mil) and The Passion of the Christ‘s ($83.8 mil). The film also scored the No. 21 overall premiere in history.

For all the coverage on 300 and 300 star Gerard Butler, CLICK HERE!

Pictured below: Gerard Butler attends C Magazine and Boucheron’s celebration of the March issue of C Magazine’s fashion portfolio featuring Dita Von Teese at the Chateau Marmont Thursday, March 8 in L.A. C Magazine is California’s self-proclaimed first lifestyle magazine.

(Images via Getty)

300 gerard butler 01
300 gerard butler 02
300 gerard butler 03
300 gerard butler 04

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

To bad its rated “R” :(

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! The G-Man is looking good. Congratulations on 300. It is a great movie.

He is so hot and I love his accent.

Elizabeth @ 03/11/2007 at 3:55 pm

Great job!!!
Gerard Butler is one hell of a actor who deserves all the succes he gets. And he is sooooooooo…. DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.

tanique33 @ 03/11/2007 at 4:13 pm

DAMNNNNNN, i never expected those numbers. he’s lesser known, so i’m happy for gerard.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/11/2007 at 4:30 pm

No A-Listers, shot in 60days.. Amazing.

Great Movie.

This movie was incredible. We needed more movies this: manly, brave and pariotic. I’d go see this movie again. The Spartan ways are very similar to the American way. We can certainly take a page from the movie. I would definitely go see it again.

ah those powerful phrases still reverberate n my ears..lol jk

amazing movie. he looks better in the movie w/ all the facial hair though

Thank god – a hit movie for the Gman – I’ve been watching him in whatever movies I could for as long as I can remember. I wondered how long it would take for Hollywood to give him a freaking big budget lead.

It was fabulous. The cinematography was everything it was hyped to be. I feel sorry for those who plan on only watching it on DVD. This is a film where it will not translate well to television, hence all the butts in the theatres. Everyone knows that. I thought it would open more than 70 mil, LOL You don’t need names to have big box office, just a good movie.

I just started a search for a Greek man!!! Yum!

Chickapoo @ 03/12/2007 at 8:21 am

Hot diggity dog, he looks finger lickin’ good! :lol:

Iolee Says:
March 11th, 2007 at 9:10 pm – flag comment

========================================================

Except in real life the U.S.A are the Persians and the Iraqi’s are the Spartans.

Anyways yeah the movie was great, I haven’t felt that good comming out of a movie since……………….shoot it’s been a long time.

lurker opinion @ 03/12/2007 at 7:12 pm

If Butler is good looking it sure does not show in these pics. He looks drunk. But I hear the movie is a sight to see just don’t expect a storyline.

Chickapoo @ 03/13/2007 at 9:12 am

lurker opinion Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 7:12 pm – flag comment
*************************************
Gerald Butler drunk as a skunk = HAWT! :)