Sandra Oh: Marie Claire Magazine

Sandra Oh: Marie Claire Magazine

Grey’s Anatomy star Sandra Oh, aka. Dr. Cristina Yang, is the cover girl for the April 2007 issue of of Marie Claire Magazine. Sandra, in a strapless, flouncy Giambattista Valli Spring 2007 dress, was honored for the cover shoot this past Saturday in L.A.

Earlier today on Good Morning America, Sandra shared that the next plot twist for Yang involves a visiting doctor who vies for her affection: “The wonderful Roger Reeves has come in to the show as Dr. Colin Marlow, who is a fantastic cardiothoracic surgeon. He comes in as a rival of sorts. … You see that we had a past relationship. You’ll see how that unfolds, and how that might be a bit of [a] threat to what’s going on between Cristina and Burke.”

Just Jared on Facebook
sandra oh marie claire 01
sandra oh marie claire 02
sandra oh marie claire 03
sandra oh marie claire 04
sandra oh marie claire 05

Posted to: Sandra Oh

• Scottie Pippen's "Take Me Out..." was a complete fail - TMZ
  • Teresa Giudice's hubby sends flowers from prison - US Weekly
  • Is Chris Hemsworth getting a divorce? - Gossip Cop
  • Charlie Puth cancels tour for health reasons - Just Jared Jr
  • Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom finalize their divorce - Radar
  • Aw, take a look at George Clooney's pet pooch - Lainey Gossip
  • Get the details on Shameless' new transgender storyline - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Viridiana

it is really scary how ugly this woman is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• isabella

I know Burke is bit of a hot head/homophobe in real life. But Christina and Burkes relationship is the most real and interesting TV romance !! They rock!! Great great actors.

Now they need to ditch Anderson or whatever her whiny ass name is..

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

• amara

This is just so wrong putting her on the cover of a magazine. I saw this at the news stand and was horrified. She is beyond fug.

• Elle

Oh come on people she’s not that bad looking! And she’s funny as hell!

• pokeman

Sorry, I am asian woman and I think that’s a very ugly asian woman. Zang Zi Zi & Gong Li is beautiful. Even Lucy Lui is better looking than she is

• weffie

That’s a horse wearing a kabuki mask, right? Is it for halloween or something?

• Kim

I think comments 1-3-4-5 need to take a look in the mirror because your comments are as ugly as you are! Face it, she’s on the cover and your not..oh well!

• Sally

That cover shot of her looks like she was smiling at someone and then suddenly stepped barefoot into a pile of doggie do.

• natalie

I don’t think she’s ugly. She always looks pretty on the red carpet. She’s smart, talented and has great style. Plus Cristina on Greys Anatomy kicks ass! I think Sandra is awesome.

• NORA

Excuse but…. Sandra has always been one of the most outstanding, confident, strong-minded actress in the industry. How ignorant can we be as viewers to judge her by her looks, I consider her BEAUTIFUL and intelligent on the inside and out. We admire her for her everything who she is, it’s simple as that.

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

Kim Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 5:42 pm – flag comment

Point is there are 100′s of well deserved women who could get this cover instead of her. That is the point we are making here – what is her appeal?

I’d rather see Chandra Wilson on the cover than her – Chandra (who is heavier) is more attractive or Ellen Pompeo.

Come on seriously.

• rachel

at least she’s famous than your jealous asses….

she’s not typical shite bread beauty but she is talented and funny….and most of all, she can act…..she’s very funny in HBO’s ARLI$$

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:47 pm – flag comment
    at least she’s famous than your jealous asses….

not a good argument.

britney spears is famous and worth over 100 million dollars. would any of us want her life? not a chance in hell, as far as i am concerned. why would anyone want 2 kids before 25, a no good hubby, a divorce, a nervous breakdown and rehab all at once?

so your argument does not hold that criticizing a person means one is envious.

halle berry, lucy liu, gong li, angelina jolie, charlize theron, reese witherspoon, salma hayek, helen mirren are women who deserve their fame and mag covers and i champion them when i see them get accolades.

this woman i just don’t get.

• [Fug Face Maniston]

I wasn’t going to post a comment because I had nothing nice to say, but I cant take it. Look at that face, damn she is.. [wow] That is a funny looking picture, she is U.G.L..Y.

I mean she isn’t ‘hideously ugly’ she’s hilariously ugly, like you’ll see her and instead of saying [eww] you’ll just laugh out loud. You’ll probably just start screaming “Lol, Lol, Lol” to all your friends.

She looks like a nice person, I feel bad for laughing at her face so hard I started to tear.

• dpblu

I think she’s really really ugly too. Sorry, but she is.

• rachel

Team Lara Croft Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:44 pm – flag comment

yay, coz she’s asian?? and chandra is black?? what is that?? it’s now about race!! if you’re not white or black, you are not entitle to be on the cover of a glamour mag??

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 7:12 pm – flag comment
    Team Lara Croft Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:44 pm – flag comment

oh, darlin’ you want to start a race war here and one that is unwarranted.

i picked chandra wilson simply because she is not your typical beauty since she is heavier yet i find her more attractive. a matter of taste i suppose.

what does asian have to do with it?

i am one of the biggest fans of chinese cinema, for example and one of my favorite directors is zhang yimou. go rent some of his films if you want to see true asian beauty.

gong li starred in most of his films. my favorite is “raise the red lantern”. one of my favorite films of all time.

i think anybody of any race can be beautiful. as a matter of fact, i hope if i have kids that they are mixed with something exotic because i think it is always a plus.

but beauty is beauty and this chick is no gong li. chandra is no iman or no nia long either. but she is still prettier than sandra oh, in my opinion.

so get off your silly nonsense. how boring of you.

• someone

I agree that she doesn’t look so great on the Marie Claire cover, but it’s not always the looks. She’s TALENTED! I mean, TWO Genie Awards, which are like the Canadian Oscars, a GOLDEN GLOBE award, AND she gets to play a smart and funny character.

I think Lucy Liu, Gong Li, and Zhang Ziyi are prettier, but look at who’s actually WON awards.

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

[Fug Face Maniston] Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:59 pm – flag comment

you are too funny. reminiscent of your maniston posts. lol! you make me laugh.

• rachel

Team Lara Croft Says:

thanks for your patronizing response and reminding me how boring i am, oh so exalted one!!!

• http://GPost Team Lara Croft

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 7:24 pm – flag comment
    Team Lara Croft Says:

sounds like that is way much more about you than it can ever be about be.

let me know how your shrinkage goes…..

the exalted one.

• Amy

As an Asian woman myself, I don’t think that she’s very physically attractive, but looks shouldn’t have to do with anything unless you’re in the modeling business. Sandra’s an actress so as long as she acts well, it’s cool. I don’t watch “Grey’s Anatomy”, though, so I can’t judge. Who says that mediocre-looking women can’t be on the cover of this magazine? It’s not “Maxim” where you do have to look good. I judge people by their personality, not their looks. Except for my potential baby-daddies. :P

• girl named fred

STFU you stupid people screaming racism and jealousy. I, myself, am a proud Asian and I literally cringe any time I see this woman in print or on my tv screen. We’re talking Margaret Cho – level inducing cringe. She’s just flat-out/hands-down/no-doubt-about-it FUGLY. I can’t even bring myself to watch Grey’s because her fugliness is so distracting – and its a shame because the few episodes I have watched were really, really good. I am certain Ms. Oh is very talented and intelligent and a beautiful person(INSIDE), but come on, Marie Claire is a Beauty & Fashion magazine… Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Kelly Hu, Kristen Kreuk, and yes, even Lucy Liu deserve any cover over that butt-ugly mess. No wonder Isaiah Washington is so angry – being forced to kiss that dog’s ass every day at work.

• [Fug Face Maniston]

Kelly Hu, Kristen Kreuk = So F-ing Hot!

• SkankyHO

Ya’ll are so mean…I think Sandra Oh is pretty…the cover of Marie Claire might not have been the best photo of her to put on the magazine but she is still beautiful and a great actress.

• Dirty Denise

Oh Sandra Oh Sandra!!

• Dirty Denise

Viridiana Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 4:44 pm – flag comment
    it is really scary how ugly this woman is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She’s not ugly. Maybe you’re looking in the mirror.

Sandra is attractive.

• hr

sandra oh is insanely talented and intelligent, and although she may be no brazilian model, i don’t think that disqualifies her from being on the cover of MC. although MC is mostly categorized as a beauty/fashion mag, as a subscriber, i can tell you they really set themselves apart by writing about intelligent and strong women, global issues, as well as beauty and fashion tips. so having sandra oh – a very strong, confident, and hardworking woman – on the cover of their magazine really isn’t as much of a stretch as you think. especially after their ashlee simpson snafu (they featured her as a model of someone who “loves her body,” and then shortly after publication, she got her nose job), i think MC is looking for women who are REAL and RELATABLE. sandra oh definitely fits the bill there.

so stop hating on her!

• hr

JJ – can you confirm – is she the first asian woman to be featured on the cover of a major women’s magazine?

• Stella

I don’t think looks have anything to do with why she’s on the cover. She’s a talented actress period. Other not so good looking actresses are on covers magazines and get cosmetic deals…Hilary Swank.

• wtf

9/kim: my comments or some others were not ugly… they’re brutally, sadistically candid & real… she is FUGLY by any standard… but she is something… she’s found relative fame & wealth… amazing… i envy her audacity of fugliness… as a selfish bitch that i am… i want to attain her marketable fugliness… thanks for your unnecessary compassion, kind thoughts, words or whatever crap… But: every bitch is entitled to her opinions regardless…

• bubblegum

she’s a good actress but with her look, she wouldn’t have a chance in Asia. In Asia, good looking actress was still a must .

• bubblegum

girl named fred Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 9:23 pm – flag comment

ITA with your comment. I’m an asian too. The actresses you mention were really prettier than Sandra but not the prettiest. We consider Lucy Liu , Gong Li and Zhang average looking . In fact, in every Chinese poll taken Gong and Zhang were rarely in the top 10 of the prettiest actress. There were lot of pretty Chinese, Korean, Japanese actresses and very talented. Zhang was really just so lucky.

• ProudSophiaBushFan♥

Hey…..Lucy Liu is very pretty.

I don’t mean to be rude but I just don’t think she’s attractive….although I like her fashion sense…at first I didn’t realise she was that annoying principal from “The Princess Diaries” I hated Ms. what was it?….Gupta??

My sister can’t look at her whenever we’re watching Grey’s Anatomy…..she freaks her out….
    I can look at her….she doesn’t freak me out…I just think she has a wierd face stucture….her face is…….flat…….
    that probably sounded harsh…….gotta go now…..

• ProudSophiaBushFan♥

Damn it!!!
    I spelled that word wrong didn’t I????
    It’s ‘realize’……not ‘realise’……………………right??

If I didn’t spell it wrong then ignore this….
    I feel like singing……

“If you want my body and you think I’m sexy come on sugar let me know”

Damn…Paris Hilton butchered that song……damn her…….
    It’s like b**** you can’t sing so why bother???

I’m sooooo booooreddd……..I guess I should go do something “constructive”

• [Fug Face Maniston]

People throw the word ‘Great’ around to much. someone called Sandra Oh’No a “great actress” at most I would call her a good TV sitcom actress.. Nothing great about her yet.

OMG!! She looks like the asian version of ‘Rocky’ from Chers (1985) movie ‘Mask’

I’m so wrong for thinking that.

• aimee

i didn’t know how likable and attractive sandra oh was until i watched GA!

she’s got something special as an actor! she’s really cool in GA – watch it first before you judge her solely on her looks in photos!

i watch that glorified soap bc the cast is unique and made of actors like sandra.

btw, being asian yourself doesn’t make you an expert on beauty in asian people. (if it does, i happen to be asian myself)

beauty is relative.

if you’re too narrowminded to see beauty where it lies, then it’s your loss!

• aimee

and by the way, i’ve seen zhang zi yi in real life. she’s average looking, has no spark coming from inside her and has that narcissism – and yes, the poster up there is right, asians don’t think she’s spectacular in terms of looks but it’s good that westerners appreciate her beauty – and her acting style is so boring.

gong li, however, is gorgeous and smart.

zzy being cast in geisha as a japanese is way wrong. gong li and sandra all the way!

[in asia, those considered beautiful are the likes of lin chi ling(taiwan), hyori lee(korea), erika sawajiri (japan), kelly chan (hk).]

• shimika

I think she just need to do her eye lids so she can look like an asian Sarah Jessica Parker. Block her face on the 4th pic and put SJP’s head on it.

• Coco

Sandra is from Toronto and is talented. I am glad that Marie Claire is not judging her based on her looks. It is about time that there is an Asian actress on the cover who can act. There are a lot of beautiful Korean actresses in Korea and they have all kinds of cosmetic surgery to look that way. I respect Sandra for not changing her eyelids and nose. It is all vanity. Even Michelle Pieffer said that her being beautiful was a distraction for people judging her acting ability. Actresses like Hillary Swank who make it big have nothing to do with looks alone. Of course having great looks is an asset. I just appreciate Sandra’s acting and intelligence. Who cares about her face? Her body is not so bad…

• black

• SF

What’s wrong with ugly if it is backed up with immense talent? I don’t think she’s ugly, but I wouldn’t say she is beautiful too. Zhang Ziyi is not beautiful to me, not in the typical way. The definition of beauty in the western eyes is very different from the asians I suppose.

• SF

By the way she does have very nice curly hair.

• amara

At the end of the day this woman is still ugly. Whoppi Golberg, Sandra Bernhard both talented and funny still ugly.

• Poison_Cherry

I just love Grey’s anatomy. The fact that Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh are not “drop dead gorgeous” make the show REAL. Not all of us can look like Angelina Jolie, well, at least I’m not. I think it’s great that some mags value every type of beauty. So, get over yourselves, you are all acting like twelve year-old who can’t get pass someone’s look. You are so freaking sad.

Yes, Sandra Oh is not the most beautiful actress outhere, but she’s so freaking smart, talented and funny. More power to Shondra Rhimes who cast actors based on talent and not so much on look. Guess what, the public doesn’t seem to care about how Sandra look. As for me, I think she’s awesome and pretty.

• Layla

Sandra Oh on the cover of a beauty magazine? Now who’s bright idea was that!? She’s a great actress but attractive, she ain’t.

• Mondo Bongo!

One word for this actress~~ talent
    that she has!!

She does not enter beauty contest for a living!!

• HC

To all those who think she’s fug, you guys are SO RIGHT! She’s total eye-sore, and gives all Asian women (except for the fugly ones who defend her fugliness) a bad name! She looks atrocious and ridiculous on the cover of the magzine. What a fright!!!

• hena

She’s really ugly. Most Asians don’t even look like that. She looks like an alien. Some rednecks gonna accuse all Asians women are ugly because of this cover….