Sandra Oh: Marie Claire Magazine

Sandra Oh: Marie Claire Magazine

Grey’s Anatomy star Sandra Oh, aka. Dr. Cristina Yang, is the cover girl for the April 2007 issue of of Marie Claire Magazine. Sandra, in a strapless, flouncy Giambattista Valli Spring 2007 dress, was honored for the cover shoot this past Saturday in L.A.

Earlier today on Good Morning America, Sandra shared that the next plot twist for Yang involves a visiting doctor who vies for her affection: “The wonderful Roger Reeves has come in to the show as Dr. Colin Marlow, who is a fantastic cardiothoracic surgeon. He comes in as a rival of sorts. … You see that we had a past relationship. You’ll see how that unfolds, and how that might be a bit of [a] threat to what’s going on between Cristina and Burke.”

sandra oh marie claire 01
sandra oh marie claire 02
sandra oh marie claire 03
sandra oh marie claire 04
sandra oh marie claire 05

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
Viridiana @ 03/12/2007 at 4:44 pm

it is really scary how ugly this woman is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Burke is bit of a hot head/homophobe in real life. But Christina and Burkes relationship is the most real and interesting TV romance !! They rock!! Great great actors.

Now they need to ditch Anderson or whatever her whiny ass name is..

This is just so wrong putting her on the cover of a magazine. I saw this at the news stand and was horrified. She is beyond fug.

Oh come on people she’s not that bad looking! And she’s funny as hell!

Sorry, I am asian woman and I think that’s a very ugly asian woman. Zang Zi Zi & Gong Li is beautiful. Even Lucy Lui is better looking than she is

That’s a horse wearing a kabuki mask, right? Is it for halloween or something?

I think comments 1-3-4-5 need to take a look in the mirror because your comments are as ugly as you are! Face it, she’s on the cover and your not..oh well!

That cover shot of her looks like she was smiling at someone and then suddenly stepped barefoot into a pile of doggie do.

I don’t think she’s ugly. She always looks pretty on the red carpet. She’s smart, talented and has great style. Plus Cristina on Greys Anatomy kicks ass! I think Sandra is awesome.

Excuse but…. Sandra has always been one of the most outstanding, confident, strong-minded actress in the industry. How ignorant can we be as viewers to judge her by her looks, I consider her BEAUTIFUL and intelligent on the inside and out. We admire her for her everything who she is, it’s simple as that.

Kim Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 5:42 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Point is there are 100′s of well deserved women who could get this cover instead of her. That is the point we are making here – what is her appeal?

I’d rather see Chandra Wilson on the cover than her – Chandra (who is heavier) is more attractive or Ellen Pompeo.

Come on seriously.

at least she’s famous than your jealous asses….

she’s not typical shite bread beauty but she is talented and funny….and most of all, she can act…..she’s very funny in HBO’s ARLI$$

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:47 pm – flag comment
at least she’s famous than your jealous asses….

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not a good argument.

britney spears is famous and worth over 100 million dollars. would any of us want her life? not a chance in hell, as far as i am concerned. why would anyone want 2 kids before 25, a no good hubby, a divorce, a nervous breakdown and rehab all at once?

so your argument does not hold that criticizing a person means one is envious.

halle berry, lucy liu, gong li, angelina jolie, charlize theron, reese witherspoon, salma hayek, helen mirren are women who deserve their fame and mag covers and i champion them when i see them get accolades.

this woman i just don’t get.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/12/2007 at 6:59 pm

I wasn’t going to post a comment because I had nothing nice to say, but I cant take it. Look at that face, damn she is.. [wow] That is a funny looking picture, she is U.G.L..Y.

I mean she isn’t ‘hideously ugly’ she’s hilariously ugly, like you’ll see her and instead of saying [eww] you’ll just laugh out loud. You’ll probably just start screaming “Lol, Lol, Lol” to all your friends.

She looks like a nice person, I feel bad for laughing at her face so hard I started to tear.

I think she’s really really ugly too. Sorry, but she is.

Team Lara Croft Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:44 pm – flag comment

yay, coz she’s asian?? and chandra is black?? what is that?? it’s now about race!! if you’re not white or black, you are not entitle to be on the cover of a glamour mag??

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 7:12 pm – flag comment
Team Lara Croft Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:44 pm – flag comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh, darlin’ you want to start a race war here and one that is unwarranted.

i picked chandra wilson simply because she is not your typical beauty since she is heavier yet i find her more attractive. a matter of taste i suppose.

what does asian have to do with it?

i am one of the biggest fans of chinese cinema, for example and one of my favorite directors is zhang yimou. go rent some of his films if you want to see true asian beauty.

gong li starred in most of his films. my favorite is “raise the red lantern”. one of my favorite films of all time.

i think anybody of any race can be beautiful. as a matter of fact, i hope if i have kids that they are mixed with something exotic because i think it is always a plus.

but beauty is beauty and this chick is no gong li. chandra is no iman or no nia long either. but she is still prettier than sandra oh, in my opinion.

so get off your silly nonsense. how boring of you.

I agree that she doesn’t look so great on the Marie Claire cover, but it’s not always the looks. She’s TALENTED! I mean, TWO Genie Awards, which are like the Canadian Oscars, a GOLDEN GLOBE award, AND she gets to play a smart and funny character.

I think Lucy Liu, Gong Li, and Zhang Ziyi are prettier, but look at who’s actually WON awards.

[Fug Face Maniston] Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 6:59 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you are too funny. reminiscent of your maniston posts. lol! you make me laugh.

Team Lara Croft Says:

thanks for your patronizing response and reminding me how boring i am, oh so exalted one!!!

rachel Says:

March 12th, 2007 at 7:24 pm – flag comment
Team Lara Croft Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sounds like that is way much more about you than it can ever be about be.

let me know how your shrinkage goes…..

best,

the exalted one.

As an Asian woman myself, I don’t think that she’s very physically attractive, but looks shouldn’t have to do with anything unless you’re in the modeling business. Sandra’s an actress so as long as she acts well, it’s cool. I don’t watch “Grey’s Anatomy”, though, so I can’t judge. Who says that mediocre-looking women can’t be on the cover of this magazine? It’s not “Maxim” where you do have to look good. I judge people by their personality, not their looks. Except for my potential baby-daddies. :P

girl named fred @ 03/12/2007 at 9:23 pm

STFU you stupid people screaming racism and jealousy. I, myself, am a proud Asian and I literally cringe any time I see this woman in print or on my tv screen. We’re talking Margaret Cho – level inducing cringe. She’s just flat-out/hands-down/no-doubt-about-it FUGLY. I can’t even bring myself to watch Grey’s because her fugliness is so distracting – and its a shame because the few episodes I have watched were really, really good. I am certain Ms. Oh is very talented and intelligent and a beautiful person(INSIDE), but come on, Marie Claire is a Beauty & Fashion magazine… Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Kelly Hu, Kristen Kreuk, and yes, even Lucy Liu deserve any cover over that butt-ugly mess. No wonder Isaiah Washington is so angry – being forced to kiss that dog’s ass every day at work.

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/12/2007 at 9:36 pm

Kelly Hu, Kristen Kreuk = So F-ing Hot!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All