Beckham Says Bye-Bye Britain

Beckham Says Bye-Bye Britain

Before he quits European soccer for the United States, David Beckham bids an emotional farewall to fans during a a celebration soccer match between Manchester United and an Europe XI on Tuesday in Manchester, England.

This marked the 50th anniversary of Manchester United’s participation in European soccer.

Said Beckham to the 74,000-sellout crowd, “The time I spent at this club was the best time in my whole football career.”

In July, Becks is to start a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy in Major League Soccer.

In house hunting news, The Beckhams reportedly put an offer in to purchase Meg Ryan‘s Bel Air mansion.

(Images via Getty)

david beckham good bye england 11
david beckham good bye england 12
david beckham good bye england 13
david beckham good bye england 14

Frazer Harrison/Getty

drainbreath @ 03/14/2007 at 6:26 am

HOORAY, HOORAY WE’VE GOT RID OF THE FAKE, SHALLOW BECKHAM BRAND…HOORAY HOORAY PLEASE DON’T COME BACK

Oh my God !! He is bloody gorgeous..and he is an amazing person.. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALWAYS !!! love ya !!

tanique33 @ 03/14/2007 at 7:21 am

aww, my boy. and the stylin mrs. thanks for the pics.

autumn wild @ 03/14/2007 at 7:56 am

he really is a beautiful man.

creativegirl @ 03/14/2007 at 8:09 am

oh my gosh that man is just DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he really is the sexiest man alive for sure is just all about gorgeous and his victoria is looking cool as well.

He’s beautiful, pure perfection! And they look so cute together, great couple. We’ll miss ya Dave – Once Red always a red!!

queeneetha @ 03/14/2007 at 9:18 am

I wonder is she ever gets tired of holding her face in that expression…he is gorgeous btw, smiling does improve ones face value.

David Beckham may be crazy, but he is quite gorgeous!

[Fug Face Maniston] @ 03/14/2007 at 9:38 am

I know David is Happy to leave Shitain, He probably wanted out of there for years.

tanique33 @ 03/14/2007 at 9:54 am

actually no. it’s where he wished his career ended. even in la, he’ll always be most proud he played at home, on his dream team.

and victoria smiles, quite a bit. she’s actually quite funny.

omg for once i see not-so-bad comments about victoria!they look great btw

Well…. He is quite good looking but no gorgeous for my taste! At least he is not as fake as his wife… She tries soooo hard… I hope the best for them in USA!!! for sure they will make lots of $$$$$$$ with publicity!!!

Victoria looks amazing!Her haircut is great!They look so sweet together.

I (heart) the Beckhams!!! David is BEYOND Gorgeous. And I love Victoria for her style, and the fact that while the Whorelly Wood girls are all about terrible extensions and fact hair, she as wonderfully chic haircut!!! I can’t wait for them to movie stateside!!!

I was their and it was just so great to see him on that pitch again such a shame he weren’t playing. He was drop dead gorgous last night. I wish he stayed at Man U.

Mediterranean @ 03/14/2007 at 12:39 pm

Can his useless wife also get retired from the media, please?

I wish there were pics of Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo together!

TigerLily @ 03/14/2007 at 6:50 pm

I agree with you Mediterranean- I loathe Victoria “B****” Beckham! She is a uselss piece of crap!

I also agree with you Nemo– Cristiano Ronaldo is the new, fresh face of soccer- Not tired, old-news, has-been Beckham!

LadySherotica @ 03/14/2007 at 11:35 pm

He’s a handsome man and even more so when he smiles … so how did he get stuck with that stuck-up, crabby toothpick? Seriously, has anyone ever seen her smile? Does she think the constant frown makes her cheekbones look higher? LOL

Mondo Bongo! @ 03/15/2007 at 12:18 am

her face is so – ah!
her face is so – ah!
her face is so – ah!

Damn i can’t find the right – ah! oh yeah ~~~~~ UGLY!!!!!

Beckham is the most overrated footballer on the planet, but yes he’s good looking. As for that thing that he calls his wife, what a waste of space she is, she’s a desperate media attention ******. Stick insects look better than her.

The hottest footballer is Cristiano Ronaldo, and he’s a 100% better at football than becky boy

her blond steaks look like hair plugs that have been stuck on ! does anyone agree????