Snoop Dogg is Fashion Forward

Snoop Dogg is Fashion Forward

SHOWER CAPS? FO’ SHIZZLE!

Rapper Snoop Dogg and wife Shante Broadus show off their fashion forwardness donning most interesting head gear as they arrive at Gotel Scribe in Paris, Fracce on Tuesday morning.

Could Snoop Dogg be sporting the latest fashion trend in Hollywood? Methinks not!

Touring mates Snoop Dogg and Diddy recently branded themselves “the best heroes for kids”.

Snoop said, “I think [Diddy and I are] the best heroes for kids. We been through everything in music and in life. We give kids the best example to deal with everything.”

Diddy adds, “A lot of role models have not been through trials and tribulations. You got to judge a champion by how he get up when he been knocked down.”

UPDATE :: Here’s a cornball joke that needs to be told courtesy of Ashley & Jill!…

Why does Snoop Dogg need a shower cap? FO’ DRIZZLE!

snoop dogg shower cap 01
snoop dogg shower cap 02
snoop dogg shower cap 03
snoop dogg shower cap 04

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

um NO. right after look both ways before crossing the street, and don’t talk to strangers, my mother told me NEVER to wear a shower cap in the street. that is so not cute.

angelina_mmm @ 03/20/2007 at 12:28 pm

he’s married ?!?
I never knew….

Why is he wearing a shower cap? Doesn’t he know the plastic sweats out your perm.

What’s with Diddy’s bad grammar? Is that supposed to be cool?

this is awful @ 03/20/2007 at 1:11 pm

Proof that you sometimes can’t get the ghetto out of the boy…

This is bad. This is atrocious! This is like those women at the grocery store wearing bright blue rollers in their hair. At least Mrs. Snoop is wearing a scarf.

#6 You are so right. Once ghetto, always. Money can’t change everything. Ah Hell, look at Puff. He’s still as stupid, cheating ******* with a big mouth.

Snoooooooooop!

I love his songs: Drop It Like It’s hot (Helloooooo!)..Nothin’ But a G Thing.

How many of us jammed to Snoop in college while engaging in questionable activities?

Ghetto or not, I bet he is checking into the Ritz in Paris and not Day’s Inn so the question is what is ghetto?

Is ghetto an attitude or is it a social status?

Socially, he is a multimillionaire and far from ghetto.

But Snoop always says (and so does his wife) that he is from Long Beach and always wants to represent Long beach.

Now, I live in LA and we do try our best to NEVER go to Long Beach because it’s all lame strip malls and really bad dressers.

Hey, it’s Snoop, we don’t expect less or more. Love him! plus he believes in legalizing weed – cool …he he. Oops, I am admitting to too much.

Snoooooooop OOOOOOOp!

Goodness, a shower cap? Some people just have no manners. You don’t go out in public like that.
And as far as them being good heros for kids…..yeah, sure. Whatever.

Actually, this pic brings up some interesting social questions:

What rule says because you are checking into a ritzy Parisian place, you can’t wear your shower cap?

Could you wear your shower cap if you are going to the bodega? Would that be ok?

Why should your appearance represent your “social standing”?

Remember in the 60′s, members of the Rolling Stones being chastised for having long hair?

There is that famous article “would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone? Men were arrested, in the 60′s, for having long hair.

What is appearance? What is acceptable? Who dictates it? Why not challenge it? Does it really say who we are?

Why do we have to wear suits to work or the court house or the presidential address or church? What does our appearance really say? Is it the truth? Is it facade?

Does our presidential candidates wearing a suit make him more honest? What does our appearance say and why is it so important to us?

See, all the questions you’ve got me asking Snoop? Isn’t it easier when you’re just high as a kite on Howard Stern judging naked girls? Darn you Snooooooooop!

I don’t think having long hair and wearing a plastic shower cap in public are exactly the same thing.

um sorry yall, maybe that’s a jheri curl cap.

trust me, they rocked them when I was growing up and I have seen some folks rockin’ them in NE DC to this day! (by my house…I think one of them was fam…) ha ha

Jules Says:

March 20th, 2007 at 1:47 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is if put in its proper social context of the time.

Long hair in 1962 was seen as rebellious, threatening and dirty. And a sign of one’s standing in the fringes of society.

A shower cap is seen as a sign of one on the fringes of society – not quite assimilated to the rules of the society at large.

The shower cap is seen as less of a movement than the long hair but in terms of being branded as incapable of joining the majority rules of how to present oneself in public- I would say the shower cap and reactions to someone walking into a ritzy Parisian place wearing one would have the same reaction as Mick Jagger walking into a hotel with long hair in ’63.

For that matter, Elvis was seen as threatening in the late 50′s for his hair was considered long and he wore clothes he bought at local Memphis stores that only black musicians bought from so he was dressing like black musicians and parents everywhere were alarmed.

Same with the Zoot Suit in the 40′s. There’s a great documentary on the Zoot Suit riots and how an article of clothing started a sort of racial war (Latinos vs Whites) in LA.

Same ideas, no? Oye Vey Snoop, no you didn’t get me deconstructing your shower cap! Darn you! Camille Paglia I am not! Snoooooop Oooooooop!

tanique33 @ 03/20/2007 at 2:10 pm

i read both your posts, and i still conclude, wearing a shower cap in the street is ghetto. wearing a shower cap at the ritz is ghetto. a shower cap in church is ghetto. snoop is GHETTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ghetto, as i use it, is very much about mentality. so, him being rich is not mutually exclusive to him being ghetto. if i’m from the south, just because you stick me in NY does not take away the fact that the south is a part of me.

he carries his ghetto tendencies wherever he goes. but he found his ghetto mate, and really that’s all that counts.

I’m assuming wherever they are walking into is very upscale. They should be embarrassed to walk in ANYWHERE looking like that! If they were anyone else, they would be escorted right out of the building. I’m assuming this is a hotel? If I was a guest and was paying out the ASS to stay there in Paris, I would be furious to see that trash walking around. I’m feeling very angry about this, and I’ve just figured out why. He’s being completely disrespectful to people around him. A gentleman removes his hat when he enters a building, people say please and thank you, children call their elders sir and mam, but Snoop’s saying he doesn’t have to demonstrate manners or anything resembling proper behavior because of how much money he has and “who he is”. I don’t care if you’re black, white, yellow or red, clean yourself up and take off the shower cap when you leave the hood for a nice Parisian vacation.

Pardon me, my use of the word ASS wasn’t very polite either.

tanique33 Says:

March 20th, 2007 at 2:10 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You’re certainly not the only who thinks this way. As a matter of fact, Snoop revels in the fact that he is as he says from the Ghetto and is Ghetto. He loves this identity.

My question is: is he really Ghetto? Can you be ghetto and be worth over 40 million dollars?

Is it a pretense?

Shower cap or no shower cap, he has attained the American Dream two-fold: a HS drop out (I think) from the ghetto manages to become a multimillionaire whose grand-kids are set for life.

Yet there are people who wear suits to work everyday, no shower caps who are defaulting on mortgages and can’t send their kids to college and don’t know how to pay the medical bills.

Is he really ghetto?

What is ghetto then? is it an attitude, a style of dress, a question of manners?

I believe Snoop does keep it very “real” and is connected to where he is from (in his music, etc) but is he really?

Can you be ghetto in your many mansions, nannies, record deals, and private jets?

And even if he is ghetto, then what is the value of not being ghetto if you can’t pay this month’s bills cause you’re maxed out on credit cards?

It brings up very interesting questions.

Like Jada Pinkett Smith once said when Will Smith was being criticized for not being “real enough” at this point in the game, who is still real when you’re a millionaire?

Real to whom?

What really is ghetto?

Is Britney really “white trash” at 300 million dollars? Or is that the girl with two kids who is desperately trying get Welfare to send the check on time?

tanique33 @ 03/20/2007 at 2:47 pm

respectfully, those are all questions for you to figure out. we all have our own definitions. like i said, you can be ghetto, white trash, or anything else and still have money.

but i know what it means to me, and under my definintion those pics are ghetto. now whether it’s fake or real, only he knows that. i do think he plays up the image, but i also believe its who he is.

tanique33 Says:

March 20th, 2007 at 2:47 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, they are all ideas to be defined by individual people although it seems the majority seems to define in unison “ghetto” as a certain attitude or way of conducting oneself.

I am curious, is there a term for a poor person who acts “rich all the time”. Does that exist and if so, is that ok?

So the concern seems to be one should never act “obviously” poor or ill mannered. Or at least manners that hint to a lower social caste.

Snoop going into the Ritz in Paris and not tipping his waitress would not be considered as harmful as wearing the shower cap. The shower cap is a visual that conjures up a social standing that no one wants to be reminded of.

A poor woman wearing diamonds at a homeless shelter would not be seen as obscene.

It is something about the poverty a shower cap underlines, I believe.

Even if you are worth lots of money – just don’t act like you don’t have it – the world seems to be saying, I believe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I meant a rich woman wearing 40 karat diamonds at a homeless shelter would not be perceived as obscene as a rich man wearing a shower cap at the Ritz in Paris.

tanique33 @ 03/20/2007 at 2:59 pm

you’re quoting me, but we are talking about 2 different things. so, i’m bowing out. ghetto does not mean poor to me. so, i have nothing further to say.

tanique33 Says:

March 20th, 2007 at 2:59 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No problem. I am not only referring to you, btw. I was posting on the story at large so your bowing out is totally respected.

That said, for me ghetto as perceived in America has everything to do with social standing.

When Donal Trump calls Rosie O’Donnell a “fat pig” and denigrates her in public, he is not called ghetto.

When George Bush was at a presidential dinner and talking with food in his mouth (this was on tape) he was not called ghetto.

Ghetto has everything to do with our social caste system.

When Britney Spears went into a gas station bathroom with no shoes, she was not called ghetto, she was called “white trash”.

It seems the two terms are not similar either or not used for similar people – even if the behavior is supposedly similar in its “lower casteness”. I daresay, they are groupified terms.

Collin Farrell showing up drunk as a kite and incoherent at an award show is not called ghetto but Snoop showing up that way would be called ghetto.

Interesting.

I really don’t think a social study is required for these pictures. He is wearing a shower cap. I am going with TskTsk on this one and say he probably didn’t have time to get a touch-up.

So, like who really cares if he is wearing a shower cap anyways?I find it pretty amusing that so many people are reading so much into the fact that he is wearing this.He probably thinks it’s funny that you are doing this,too…..lol:)

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All