One of Pax's Last Pictures Before Adoption

One of Pax's Last Pictures Before Adoption

Here is one of the last pictures of Pax Thien Jolie (front and center) taken in February 2007, shortly before adopted by Angelina Jolie. Pax is posing with other children of from Tam Binh Orphanage in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Credit: Winnie-the-Pooh, bdj
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Pax Thien Jolie Pitt

Getty
  • Channing Tatum is making a movie about his father's heartbreaking story - US Weekly
  • Did Prince have a prescription drug problem? - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Empire - Gossip Cop
  • Shawn Mendes is dishing details on his new album - Just Jared Jr
  • Is Kylie Jenner buying Tyga a home? - Radar
  • This is Leonardo DiCaprio taking a selfie - Huffington Post
  • Beyonce kicks off her Formation World Tour in Miami - Lainey Gossip
  • Check out the complete list of TV pilots for the upcoming fall season - The Hollywood Reporter
  • piper, with a low

195
    creole Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 2:50 pm – flag comment
    ********************************************************************

Believe it, because you know it would’ve been much worse if they adopted an American child, because we seem to indulge people way too much, especially those who don’t necessarily deserve the consideration.

• BCBG

I love it when there is NO new pics. That means they are having PRIVACY.

MF–be careful on auunity. The insurance company put out many different annuity products, often times they are complicated. Most of the time ordinary people dont know what questions to ask to better understand them.

• You/Me

201
    piper, with a low Says:

***************************************

AMEN! That is so true. Sex offenders, child abusers, unfit parents….they all get second chances in America and although I am an extrenyl proud American this part of our system pisses me off!

• chanel angie 4 life!

cute hes probably now with his family BAMPZS in L.A.

Angie 4 life!

• susie

JoliePitt- that’s what I was saying a few days ago. I would love Brad to be the next Bond and Angie to be the kickass Bond girl

• CMAR

*S P O I L E R * A L E R T*
    (For those who dont want to read or rehash anythign about X please scroll)

Behavioral psychologists and others of that ilk often tell women in particular, that when a man tells you who he is, you must believe him. For example, if your boyfriend often speaks disparagingly of his Xes don’t think that wont happen to you. Its best you listen carefully, cut your losses and move on.
    Of course, this goes for both men and women. People should not have unreasonable expectations of others.

I mention all this because I remembered a quotation from JA in a January 2004 Vogue interview in which she said:
    “if somebody ever wished to be me for a day, all I can think is that they would be the most pissed-off person once they got here. They would be like, ‘What in the hell . . . ? I got sold such a bill of bullshit. This is not the greatest thing to be her.’ There is a machine that creates these unbelievable illusions, based on, I’m sure, some of what the person gives. But it’s an important thing for me to demystify the illusion.”

Another thing I learned about her – FROM HER OWN MOUTH – in that interview is that she apparently considers herself to be ‘rachel green’ and seems to have deliberately cultivated this image for the benefit of her fans and others who she would like to be her fans (which is EVERYONE!). In the interview ( which, btw was based on the fact that ‘friends’ was ending and the cast had had that big Oprah interview, etc.), the Vogue interviewer noted that JA kept referring to the cast members by their characters’ names. He described it as “endearing” but early in the article he said:
    “Instead of separating the mythmaking aspect of her Hollywood job from her “real” life, she treats them as one and the same.”

And later on in the article, when asked how difficult it had been for them to let go, she says:
    “The funny thing is, I think we take turns. They would all probably say that I’m having the hardest time. Or Matt LeBlanc. Everyone goes through their moments, though. What will we do? Thank God Joey has a show.”
    And the interviewer says: This, by the way, is one of the most endearing things about Aniston: even she sometimes refers to the actors by their characters’ names.”

I posted this because it helps to explain why the handful of haterz, who are hell bent on keeping this particular triangle alive and who have turned their psychotic anger onto innocent children and two adults who have voluntarily come together (B/A), persist in seeing JA as rachel green and how that ‘lovable, friendly girl’ had been shafted by that woman-who-can-always-get-what-she-wants-named-AngelinaJolie-and-by-god-its-so-not-fair! lol

• kk1

197
    piper, with a low Says:
    *********************************************
    ITA. So many children remain in permanent foster care in the US, and are not adoptable because parental rights have not been terminated. Many of these children have been returned to their parents a number of times, only to have child protective services called to pick the children up again because of harm caused by their socalled parents. It is a sad sad situation. The best interests and well being of a child is to have a stable loving family, not be a ping pong ball.

• Bettina

Where’s Leetle UN and her lovely posts? I miss your knowledge and you made JJ’s a very informative place to learn about Vietnamese adoptions. Hope you will post again.

• hapun

theres a newspaper here claiming a jolie was in chicago this weekend that she was here for the movie wanted i believe also that she will come back to shoot in may the newspaper is the red eye in chicago–did any one else read it?

• BCBG

JoliePitt -

Macy and Bloomingdale carrys BCBG and Max studio. The return policy is much better than the actual BCBG store.

• Andrómeda

Pax is a such a beatiful boy…I´m so happy that he is with Angie and Brad now!!!

• guli

JoliePitt— I would prefer to see angie as Mz. Bond, Jane Bond :lol: :lol: Honestly, after Sean Connery and Roger Moore , I stopped watching the Bond movies. But heck put Angie as the new Bond I ‘d be in line with bells on to watch that movie and you know she can pull it off :lol:

• JoliePitt

205
    susie Says:
    March 26th, 2007 at 3:10 pm – flag comment

============================================
    Susie, i wish!:) They are going to be smokin hotties!!!!!!!!!!! Just imagined that….hehehe

• zen

Thanks Cliniqua.. I really enjoyed the fanfic. Looking forward to reading the next one. Simply brilliant!

• Websurfer

Hey folks!

[The media-wh#re is back! Hehehehehe! Can't stop wh#ring, huh!]

Anyways, how are you Guli!! So nice to see you guys again.

I’m going to be on and off for the next couple of days – another new project just came up and haven’t wrapped this one up yet.

Hey, BCBG are you in accounting field?
    I still have to get my taxes done as well…

~Websurfer

• Mondo Bongo!

186

Mr and Mrs Smith:
    ============

~ YES ~ lol

• susie

JP and Guli- that would be cool too if Angie was Bond. I just saw Casino Royale and didn’t think Daniel Craig was sophisticated enough to be Bond, jmo.

• guli

JoliePitt—-Well, I posted before I saw your message, heck thats even better with Brad and Angie in a Bond movie, OK I’ll vote for that :lol:

Websurfer—Hiya, I shipped my sons off to school so I’m a little lonesome but at least i have my cyber-friends ;-)

Clini—OK, I loved it, but you can’t let us sit here and wait for the next version :-) At least give us a time frame….

• JoliePitt

210
    BCBG Says:
    March 26th, 2007 at 3:12 pm – flag comment

JoliePitt -
    ======================================
    Yes, I totally agreed on BCBG store return policy even the one in a department store. You know, I am am a bargain shopper, I shop at the outlet called Leesburg Outlet here in Northern, VA. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!!! It frustrates me when I can’t return an item at times!

I didn’t know that Macys carry BCBG and Maxx Studio, I know now. Thanks for letting me know dear! I am going to check it out the next time I shop.

• piper, with a low

205
    susie Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:10 pm – flag comment
    ********************************************************************

Sorry, but while I adore Brad, he is not Bond material. He’s gorgeous, yes, he can be dangerous too, but he’s too all-American for the part. Bond belong to the Brits and I doubt that they would stand for it. Besides, I haven’t seen Daniel Craig’s take on Bond yet, but I gotta say, I am appreciating his thighs, chile!

• Bettina

206
    CMAR Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:10 pm – flag comment
    *S P O I L E R * A L E R T*
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    Considerate of you to give an alert, but I found it very interesting. Thank you.
    It shows a lack of JA’s inability to articulate or to move on, as life changes. Life is a constant change, whether it is a show ending, or a relationsip ending, she has shown, at least to the public, a very hard time moving forward. Didn’t she eat the same thing for lunch for ten years on the set of Friends? There’s a stable person, for sure.

• kk1

209
    hapun Says:
    ####################################
    I read that Wanted will shoot in Chicago, so she may have been. It’s a small world if true as her late mom grew up in Chicago.

• me

Speaking of the similarity between Brad and Pax, I’ve always seen a similarity between Zee and Angelina.

Maddox doesn’t share any obvious similarities with his parents but

• JoliePitt

Susie and Guli. I stopped watching the bond movie since Pierce Brosnan. I thought Pierce Brosnan is ok. But, since then I haven’t been watching. Oh, Brad would make one hot azzz James Bond. Angie will definitely make one hottie in and as Jane Bond, but I want Angie to play a bad azzz girl and as the vilian. I want to see Angie kicking Brad’s azzz just for the fun and for laughs :) OMG, I can’t stop imagining Brad and Angie this James Bond…..LOOOOL.

• chanel angie 4 life!

222
    kk1 Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:22 pm – flag comment
    ===============================
    i heard that WANTED will be shoot in Europe on JJ’s thread maybe she will shoot in LONDON maybe i will see her :) in LONDON

• CMAR

Cliniqua. LOVE your fanfic! I have your blog open right now and even tho i never usually click on the fanfic info thats often posted here, based on your posts i decided that i would enjoy your fanfic and sure enough…..i am. Looking forward to the other instalments.
    Now i also think i would enjoy AG’s! I also think PT should create her own blog and just upload her weekly tab reports; then she should send out press releases to ALL the entertainment editors especially of the popular cable tv shows and the rags themselves!

• susie

piper, with a low- just a fantasy of mine. :lol: I think Daniel Craig is hot but he didn’t do it for me as Bond.

• JoliePitt

220
    piper, with a low Says:
    March 26th, 2007 at 3:22 pm – flag comment

I am appreciating his thighs, chile!
    =======================================
    LMAO. Daniel Craig does have a nice body. I saw him in Laura Croft Tomb Raider, I was like ….WOW!:) The one where he came out of the shower….hehehe.

Sorry dear, I am still voting for Brad as Bond. If not Brad, but just as long as Angie is the vilian. I want to her Angie kick some azzzzzz!:) She’ll make one sexy and hottie bad vilian with her eyes and looks!:)

• me

Speaking of the similarity between Brad and Pax, I’ve always seen a similarity between Z and Angelina.

Maddox doesn’t share any obvious similarities with his parents but it seems he takes after his mom in terms of mannerism. He’s cheeky, yet exudes cool. He has this calm demeanor about him when there is chaos all around him. He’s going to be like his mom, a born leader, but with a wild streak and bit of punk in him. Maddox is definitely’s a mama’s boy while Z seems to a daddy’s girl. Actually, she probably rules the roost and has both of her parents dancing to her tune.

I can’t quite figure out about Shiloh yet. Sometimes, she looks just like Brad and at other times, she looks like Angelina. I believe her personality will be more quiet, laid back, tom boyish, yet very sweet. Z is fierce while Maddox is spunky.

Even though everyone says Shiloh will be the one who will grow up to be the actress, I’m placing my bet on Zahara becoming the most likely to work in movies like her parents.

• chanel angie 4 life!

and heres the article were it will be shooted

Comments:Shooting starts in Eastern Europe in May

• kk1
  • tootootrue

Info re Angie and Brad’s next movies-

• first and last post

Whew, I just finished looking at all the links to photos from the last thread…it took me all morning but it was worth it. Thank you Oh Please, QQQQ, MF, Mr and Mrs Smith and anyone else who I unintentionally fail to credit. BAMPZS fans amaze me…you rally to new heights all the time!
    BTW can anyone provide the links to the article pre- BP,P,Z and S when AJ was photographed with Maddox in her hotel room…I have no idea of the magazine, month or year. Thanks for any info that I can track down. I know someone here will know which article I’m referring to.

• Websurfer

Hey guli,

Don’t worry, your cyber-buds, are here. -___-

The JoliePitts must be having quite some downtime. Pitt is so keeping his family under wraps.

~Websurfer

• syd

Isn’t it cool to know that Danial Craig and Gerald Butler have both worked with Angie and are now becoming famous in their own right. I remember Daniel Craig once mentioned around the time he was doing worldwide promotion for the Bond movie that he loved working with Angelina. It was really sweet of him. I’d love to know what Gerald has to say. I wonder if any of them developed a crush. I know Colin Farrel did. I want to line them all up: Daniel Craig, Oliver Martinez, Gerald Butler, Colin Farrel and Clive Owen and hear them talk about Angie as a co-star.

She got to work with some of the hottest actors. I’m so jealous.

• susie
  • Mr and Mrs Smith

When will people ever learn to read everything correctly? She never said she was going to be a stay at home mom. (Those exact words did not cross her lips) She never said she was quitting doing movies. Ugh!

• susie

first and last post- I just posted the pics but I tink they are in moderation. They should pop up though.

• chanel angie 4 life!

235
    Mr and Mrs Smith Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:53 pm – flag comment
    ===========================
    yeah people always write something wrong what Angie says or other celebrities

• piper, with a low

226
    susie Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:33 pm – flag comment
    227
    JoliePitt Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 3:37 pm – flag comment
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perfectly understandable. I’m not sure if I want Brad and Angelina to do another movie together, but I wouldn’t mind if they remade movies like Penny Serenade or The Lady Eve– mind you, The Lady Eve shouldn’t be touched at all, but Brad does have that innocent quality that Fonda had and Angelina can definitely fill Stanwyck’s shoes. And there is something about Brad and Angelina that encourages a teasing/torture fantasy, with Brad on the receiving end. Again, it’s that innocence that Brad has.

• Websurfer

syd – What’s interesting also is that except for Colin – she worked with these guys when she was the famous one at the time.

first and last post – I think that was a Vanity Fair (shot in Paris around February) and release in June of 2005

~Websurfer

• guli

Websurfer— Don’t you love it how protective Brad is when it comes to his family. I bet, we’ll see a few pics of him on his bike soon just to divert the attention..

Yep, he is the Zen master. BTW—thanks to Brad I am learning alot re Zen Buddhism, I am reading several books about Zen, right now I am reading one by Shunryu Suzuki. It is quite fascinating….

• lurker

WANTED to film in Eastern Europe and Chicago.
    ++++++++++
    I read that she was in Chicago (alone) too.

• tootootrue

I think that Angelina is in so much demand for films right now like Cate Blanchett was last year when she shot 3 or 4 films almost back to back (she said she had a weekend to prepare for The Good German with Clooney, her schedule was just that tight). CateB said that all the films offered her were so good that she just could not turn them down.

Atlas Shrugged does not look like it will go into production until next year, while Wanted is this spring/early summer, and Changling is early fall. Angie is sort of a supporting actress in Wanted, and starring in Changling(Eastwood shoots films fast, he does not waste any time). The role in Wanted was especially written for her, wow, she has the power.

Brad is to star in State of Play starting in November, and I read it will be filmed in Washington, DC. Didn’t Angelina mention in the past that she planned to spend some time lobbying Congress for bills she supports?

• kk1

238
    piper, with a low Says:
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@Oh, Penny Serenade is one of my all times favorites. I can just see them in this.

• JoliePitt

I’ve never heard of Penny Serenade. Is this a love story? Please fill me in some details.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

Angelina Jolie knows how to say it best:

“I would like to be open with the public. I would like to not keep secrets or be careful when I talk. I don’t want to have to plan things…I want to be outspoken. I want to say my opinions and I hope they’re taken in the right way. I don’t want to stop being free. And I won’t.”

Yeah Angie, never stop being bold and free.

• tootootrue

241
    lurker Says:

March 26th, 2007 at 4:07 pm – flag comment
    WANTED to film in Eastern Europe and Chicago.
    ++++++++++
    I read that she was in Chicago (alone) too.
    ######################################
    Then Papa Pitt was on daddy duty, because she has only ever left the kids with him.

• Keeping it real

The Last Word: Angelina Jolie
    A rebel with a cause

By Christopher Dickey
    Newsweek International
    March 26, 2007 issue – Angelina Jolie began traveling as a good-will ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) some six years ago. She has visited the victims of violence in Africa, Pakistan and Cambodia—first as an observer in the background, then using her fame to draw attention to the plight of the helpless. Recently the movie star visited a refugee camp housing Darfur refugees in Chad. NEWSWEEK’s Christopher Dickey spoke to her about her mission. Excerpts:

DICKEY: What was your original motivation for working with the UNHCR, for doing these kinds of trips?
    JOLIE: I started traveling about seven years ago with film. I would go to places like Cambodia and hear about the many refugees in Thailand and hear about the land mines and hear about the history … I remember sitting up for two days straight and reading everything obsessively. I read about the UNHCR, and I realized it was an agency that I didn’t know anything about: that they were taking care of 20 million people … And I remember realizing that I couldn’t understand how I had not known that my whole life.

When did it occur to you that you could do something about this directly? Did people approach you, or—
    I approached them. I think they thought I was a little crazy.

When was this?
    Six years ago. I was very nervous to call the U.N. agency at the time. I [was] considered a rebel in Hollywood. At the time I was also a bit of a wild child. So first I went to Washington [to the UNHCR office] and I sat with everybody there and said, “You know, I know you don’t know me. You might have heard things about me … And I don’t want to bring negative attention to your agency. If you could just help me, I’ll pay my way.”
    I spent the next year and a half going to, first, two camps in Africa, and then Pakistan and Cambodia. And with no cameras and with no press, and had the opportunity to have this great education before I spoke at all … I was transformed in such an amazing way.

But you do have photographers following you now.
    It took me a while to agree to do it. I guess I saw that so many times the picture comes before the knowledge and the substance and I certainly didn’t want to do that to myself or the organization. And also, I really just was shy. I was shy about sitting on the floor and talking to a woman and having a camera take a picture because I thought it was making less of my conversation with her. But [then I thought,] let the people speak for themselves through the camera. And if I can draw you in a little because I’m familiar, then that’s great. Because I know that at the end you’re not looking at me, you’re looking at them.

I think it’s fair to say people start out by looking at you, Angelina.
    As long as they end up looking at them, that’s the point.
    Do you worry about people who say this is celebrity tourism?
    I don’t know if anybody saying that has spent the last six years of their life going to over 30 camps and really spending time with these people. I can’t care.

Do you still go with so few people? I can’t believe you take no one with you …
    I take no one. I [go] by myself on a commercial plane and into the field with my backpack.

You still do that?
    Yes, I just did that on my last trip. I met the photographer there.

When you got there, what were the people saying about their situation? There are photographs with this boy tied to a tent pole.
    The little boy was a normal 3-year-old who disappeared for 48 hours after [his village was bombed]. I can only imagine what he saw. And when found, he was found in a state … As a first reaction you want to remove [the rope]. But the mother, she has four other kids, she’s by herself. Therapists visit him, but if [he's] left alone he will disappear or bang himself. I talked to him for like half an hour and just kind of looked at him for a long time before he touched me, and there was a little boy in there who was open to a kind sound … There’s a normal little kid right there, but he’s got a look of fear. He’s nervous to touch. And you can feel that need for safety. The mother unfortunately can’t not go work for the other children and can’t sit with him all day long and hold him, which is probably what would do some good. But what he needs is probably some serious therapy. [There are] lots of children like him there.

Do you despair?
    Certainly, at times. The first two years I just cried constantly, like a woman does.

Oh, like anybody does.
    Yes, like anybody does, thank you. And I went through a period of just complete lack of hope. And then I went through a period of anger that smart, articulate people in power have not been able to answer these issues and define ways of intervention. And that it just keeps going on. About a year ago, I got a lot of books on international law and I tried to study what was going on. I don’t want to have to keep going back to camps, five different times, over the next 30 years of my life, [for situations] that there are no solutions for.

© 2007 Newsweek, Inc.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

Angelina Jolie – “I’m getting a wrinkle above my eyebrow because I just can’t stop lifting it, and I love that you know.”

I love that she’s not scared of having wrinkles, getting old.