Jennifer Garner Takes Mommy Break

Jennifer Garner Takes Mommy Break

A dressed-down Jennifer Garner takes a break from being supermom and relaxes Friday afternoon at a gal pal’s house in Brentwood.

The 34-year-old casually-dressed star carried her favorite Prada Cervo Antic satchel.

I absolutely cannot wait for Jen to put her spy hat back on in her upcoming Peter Berg-directed film The Kingdom, out Sept 28.

Said Jen, “I play Janet Mayes, she is an FBI agent and she’s one of four; there’s Chris Cooper, Jamie Foxx, Jason Bateman and myself. It is so much fun to be with those three guys; we’re doing to Saudi Arabia to investigate a terrorist attack against a western civilization within the kingdom.”

jennifer garner prada purse 01
jennifer garner prada purse 02
jennifer garner prada purse 03
jennifer garner prada purse 04

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

SUPERMOM??? She was 1 child…..I have 3….she is not a supermom.

Madeleine @ 04/07/2007 at 1:43 pm

I like Jennifer Garden, she seems like she’s a good Mom an already good person. But she is not cute enough to pull off the casual, don’t care look. She may think she is, but she isn’t. Dimples and good skin are not enough, with all her money, she could try a little harder to wear nice clothes and jazz it up a little, make more of an effort. There’s no reason a working Mom with her coin has to look SO DRAB all the time! If she wants to amp her her acting career, she needs to amp up her look too cuz she has many actress peers in her age group who are much cuter than she is.

lurker opinion @ 04/07/2007 at 1:51 pm

She has nannies just like all the other stars.

gobackintime&killcolumbus @ 04/07/2007 at 1:54 pm

Agree with both comments..1 child and bags of money doesn’t make you a supermom. The film she’s making sounds pretty much like her usual character. She is quite average looking. I don’t mean to be mean but she could with the right get up look like a man.

Oh, Jennifer Garner, you always look SO BAD! You are not cute anymore, you are so plain now, what happened to you?! You even wear mom-jeans. Money does not buy taste. JLo must laugh her ass off at your attempts at cute. She’s over-the-top and you’re under the ugly radar.

Does she wear anything besides tennis shoes and when’s she going to put some make up on ? Tell me about supermom when she has four like I do, all one year apart.

Yeah, I’m tired of people acting like she’s a supermom too. SHE’S RICH! She has one baby that she smothers the hell out of. IMO she needs to learn so balance because she’s on the road to becoming an overparent to me.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/07/2007 at 4:36 pm

her lumpy forehead annoys the hell out of me.

dark faith @ 04/07/2007 at 4:41 pm

i use to like her too, but her fake look how cute i am girl next door charm doesnt work enymore, specialy at her age and her background.

She might not be the most glamorous or the most beautiful celebrity.But she is one of the most down to earth and hard working celebrities .So more power to you Jen!!.Who cares what people have to say.She has everything .Most importantly what JLo will never have Ben affleck and a adorable baby.

Sure am glad someone else finally noticed her being a “smothering” mother. It’s not a good thing for mother or child. Used to be a fan of hers but since she’s been elevated to super-rich status and seems to be enjoying the perks of being Affleck’s wife, she lost me as a fan. I prefer my celebs to be somewhat poor and struggling to make it and then after they make it, not become noticeable buying all the expensive things in life and wearing “very” high-dollar necklaces (gawdy at that) with her jeans as Garner is now doing. She’s become just another stereo-typical HW celeb who really doesn’t have a lot to show talent wise other than Alias and she even managed to ruin that series in the last two seasons because of her personal life. Now she’s just photog fodder because she has a child. What I find interesting is the fact she states she hates the photogs but yet photos of her and child are plastered all over the web on almost a daily basis. I was always under the impression that people like her and her husband who proclaim their hatred for the paparazzi usually move elsewhere to avoid them like many celebs have done but such does not seem to be the case since I’ve just seen photos of a new home they are building in LA. So much for this “low-key, down-to-earth couple” who really aren’t what they are proclaimed to be. Meh!

A dressed down Jennifer Garner? She is ALWAYS dressed down! I never see this girl in cute clothes, she always looks sloppy.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/07/2007 at 5:30 pm

[nancy] you’re talking like you know her.

Now I see why Jared has not featured Jennifer Garner much on this blog, there are too many JG haters on this board. The only celebrities that get any respect around here are Brangelina and JLo. You should dedicate this site to those celebrities only. I think I’ll stick to the other gossip blogs where atleast the comments are somewhat split in half and not so one-sided. Sorry Jared.

Alison,

No offense, but I love JJ for the fact that people can see JG clearly. I’m sorry, but she’s smothering the hell out of that child. That isn’t the mark of a good mother to me. Also, she’s rich! She’s not supermom.

There are tons of articles floating around that would agree that overparenting is just as bad as underparenting. I think a lot of women aspire to be like her because they see her over doing it as a sign of a good mother, and I tend to disagree. I’m glad their are others who don’t spend time kissing her ass.

Also, she has a real track record that other people fail to mention.

I’m just not blinded by her “goodness”

Thank you, lula29. Well said.

Her real track record has been glossed over very well by her publicist.

And to Nancy…hardest working? Well perhaps for the first two years of Alias, after that, not so much. She’s mortal and has no special powers.

“Down-to-earth?” Well that depends on how you look at it. Down-to-earth people are usually very conservative, they don’t shop at the most expensive stores buying the most expensive clothes especially for a baby who will grow out of them within a month or two, they don’t wear jewelry worth thousands of dollars with their jeans, they don’t have a nanny on call 24/7 and I could go on. Bottom line, she’s just another typical rich celeb whose MO continues to be fabricated by her PR people as being hard working, low-key, down-to-earth, and all that BS.

mad_alice @ 04/07/2007 at 8:00 pm

I don’t see exactly how she is smothering. Taking her kid to the playground, the farmer’s market, laughing and playing – she looks like she’s enjoying her as much as I enjoy mine.

I think she just love being a mom and spending as much time with her daughter as she possibly can while she’s not working. She seems nice and until we have prove of otherwise, she’s nice. I used to be a HUGE fan but ever since she and Ben Affleck got married, I’m just a fan. I don’t think is her though, I just don’t like Ben Affleck that much. Sorry, Jennifer!

hardcore Angie/Brad Fan @ 04/07/2007 at 10:45 pm

KS I am with you on what you said. I use to be a HUGE fan but since she married Ben yuck….I still love her. I think she is great and doesn’t pretend to be something she is not. I just don’t like her husband.

Smothering. She hovers around her daughter ever moment of her play. You never just see Violet playing around with other kids while Jennifer watches, near, but not involved.

Example of a mother that doesn’t smother: Courteney Cox, Gwen Stefani (there’s a good balance between the both of them of baby and husband), Gwyneth Paltrow, Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett (though her kids are older) . . . I could go on.

I just think the other mothers have balance. Garner doesn’t seem to let her daughter breath.

I don’t like jlo that much. Jenny needs to stop being too casual but/ not too obessesed like posh kat/ either. They all look fake.

Luci Im going to dissect your comment to make my point!
*”Sure am glad someone else finally noticed her being a “smothering” mother. It’s not a good thing for mother or child”
She is smothering her child compared to what? Britney spears? Would you consider britney to be a good mother because she’s barely with her children. I mean seriously Jennifer takes her daughter to the park BY HERSELF! whereas John Travolta has a nanny who takes his son who has a disability(and isn’tt getting the proper care because Scientology doesn’t acknowledge his disability) to Disney Land 5 times a week! I say Jennifer is one of the best Hollywood Mothers around.
*”I prefer my celebs to be somewhat poor and struggling to make it and then after they make it, not become noticeable buying all the expensive things in life and wearing “very” high-dollar necklaces (gawdy at that) with her jeans as Garner is now doing.”
As if you wouldn’t stop buying from Target once you got a little extra cash? Give her a break so what she has a really nice necklace big frikken deal. At least she doesn’t have 10 houses like Sandra Bullock does, and don’t tell me she lives in all of them at once!. If anyone had her kind of income of course they would up the spending limit.
*”She’s become just another stereo-typical HW celeb who really doesn’t have a lot to show talent wise other than Alias and she even managed to ruin that series in the last two seasons because of her personal life.”

Has she really had the chance to show her acting capabilities outside of 13 going on 30 (which was marketed to the big audience of tween girls- get her fanbase up) and Elektra? which are the same as Alias. She got famous off of that role and of course she’s gonna be superglued to that steroetype. I’m sure she wants to play different roles but because these are the roles she’s offered she’ll take what she can get. (Meryl Streep hasn’t always been succesful at the box office, Nicole Kidman hasn’t always done oscar worthy roles)As far as her personal life ruining the last two seasons because she got knocked up it was a crime? I always find it weird when ppl like yourself become obsessed with celebrity and confuse their personal life with thier job. You should see a movie or show because of acting ability not because she’s hot or because an actor has an outstanding life or not see because they don’t.
*”What I find interesting is the fact she states she hates the photogs but yet photos of her and child are plastered all over the web on almost a daily basis. I was always under the impression that people like her and her husband who proclaim their hatred for the paparazzi usually move elsewhere to avoid them like many celebs have done but such does not seem to be the case since I’ve just seen photos of a new home they are building in LA. So much for this “low-key, down-to-earth couple” who really aren’t what they are proclaimed to be. Meh! ”
(paps have a job because ppl demand to see pictures of them-how nice of us to demand that celebrities’ relatively normal lives are disrupted and yet ppl like you hate on them for not wanting it!))So just because she doesn’t like the photogs means they won’t do their dirty “job” of getting pics of celebrities to please you? Paps are doing their “job” whether or not a celebrity likes attention or not. Paris loves it and accepts it. With Jennifer, Jessica Biel and some other celebs you can actually see thier disgust of the paps frequently. I mean what are they supposed to change their lives, move somehwere else just because ppl are taking their pictures, how inconvenient. I wouldn’t want to have to change my life If I ever became famous. I think it sucks most of the time to be famous. Would you really like it having people stalk you all the time? You wouldn’t like it either but I’m sure you would find it annoying to have to change your life because of some idiots whose job it is to bring “news” to you. I mean of all the pap pictures we see the celebs as being human beings, still some ppl like you have this false sense that life is supposed to be great and that life is perfect once you are RICH AND FAMOUS. Yet we constantly see cheating, death, tragedy, good parenting, bad parenting, sex tapes, abuse, drug, alcoholism , amongst other HUMAN things and yet you still don’t see the humanity in them. I find that weird. To me when I see a pic of a celeb who’s fat, has cellulite, pimples, panty lines, bags under their eyes, torn clothes, poop on their shoes I think well guess I’m not the only one or hey they aren’t perfect(whatever perfect is) or wow she or he is just like any other person. When I hear of a story of someones father dying or dealing with an addiction or their spouse or sig other cheating, having issues with their children, I think wow they have issues just like the rest of us.
Moral of my story is to stop being so Judgemental and understand and comprehend that celebrities are like us and no matter how much money or fame tragedy can strike them as much as they can strike us. Our lives aren’t so different from theirs that the only thing that seperates them from us is they have money and “can” have a “glamorous life”. Celebrities just can’t get a break and just can’t seem to be accepted as normal maybe they should be locked up for being “normal” instead of driving high the wrong way on the highway(Nicole). I’m off of my soapbox. Good day to all. Peace and Love.
*This comment was not specifically to Luci but to just all the haters out there .

Oh and I’m sure none of us here would like it if people we never knew and never met ripped us to shreds. Judged us for our past mistakes and the way we look and dress. Some people are just so superficial.

Reality,

You need to get a life because you are way to heavily invested in Jennifer Garner. Is she really worth that long of a diatribe.

Jennifer Garner isn’t really that talented. Please never compare her to Meryl Streep again. Please. Have you ever read any of Garner’s movie reviews. She makes her personal life the center because she doesn’t have much talent to speak of, hence the “Mother of the Year” angle people keep shoving down our throats. She’s not mother of the year and she’s a bad actress. And it’s BS that she hasn’t been given a chance, I mean, can’t she get a chance to now. She’s more well known and has a fan base, what’s holding her back from proving her abilities? Nothing. She just doesn’t really have much ability. She’s a one note.

And saying you don’t think she’s mother of the year or feel she’s untalented isn’t hating on her. No one called her names, they just pointed out she’s not all that great. We’re being told she’s great, but it’s by women who resonate with her plain jane persona. I don’t. I don’t find anything to aspire to in her at all.

Also, there are tons of mothers, parents, in hollywood who are raising their kids well, so get over her being the only one. Britney is a bad example, but Garner is barely a good example. Like I keep saying she’s a smother, not a mother.

you go lula29 i’m right along with you i guess people don’t like it when you tell the truth the way other’s see it

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All