Orlando Bloom: Next Superman Star

Orlando Bloom: Next Superman Star

Can you imagine Orlando Bloom slipping into a pair tights for the next Superman film?

No? Well, imagine harder!

Orlando, 30, was spotted discussing roles in the upcoming Superman at the Tower Bar restaurant in Hollywood with Superman Returns producers Mindy and Jon Peters and the movie’s director, Bryan Singer.

Orlando playing the new love interest for Lois Lane would be perfect! (Ex-girlfriend Kate Bosworth portrayed Lois Lane in Superman Returns.)

Credit: Page Six; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Orlando Bloom

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

i thought brandon already signed on for the next movie.

terrible idea!
Superman (Brandon Routh) and Richard White (the adorable James Marsden) are enough love interests for Lois Lane, its already too complicated. They can’t cast him as the villan, cause I think the movie would sink.

He did. Orlando wouldn’t play Superman. My guess is is he’d probably be cast as some chick’s love interest.

Uhm…talk about awkward?

mrs grated cheese @ 04/09/2007 at 11:04 am

Bbbbuuuutttt…. he’s a leading man. Why would he want a bit part in a commercial franchise for?

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/09/2007 at 11:09 am

Orlando – Horrible Superman – To skinny To short

Orlando should replace Kate Bosworth [Lois] she’s the worst. Lol

Hopefully he’s at the point where he’ll realize that it’s just not a good career move. Superman Returns brought in a fair bit of coin, but it’s not that great of a movie, and while I like what Brian Singer did to the X-Men franchise, I don’t see this sequel being anything great enough to give Orlando the credibility he wants/needs.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/09/2007 at 11:11 am

commercial franchise made his career, why not?

Maybe they approached him and he just was being polite. I thought Brian Singer’s Superman was terrible. And I am a HUGE Superman fan.
Now that Orli is rolling in $$$ and has POTC and LOTR under his belt, he’s try to do some acting. I saw him in Ned Kelly with Heath Ledger and he was really very good. I could see him doing a villain part just for laughs in Superman. Is Kate going to do another Superman? I don’t think any of them should! Especially Brian Singer! LOL!

holycrap NOOOO! I can just pray it’s all a mistake, I DONT want Orlando Bloom in the Superman franchise, please no… Brandon Routh has signed for the next movie, that would be for another role, but NOOOOO please no go away…

My thoughts are that Bryan Singer may have met him for his new project, that will be done just before the superman sequel, its a WW2 movie produced by Tom Cruise. Hopefully O_O!!!

stopping by for a second @ 04/09/2007 at 11:47 am

I read on the MSN gossip he was seen out with Jennifer Aniston

I could see Orlando as Mxyzptlk

What’s your source for this?

The new Superman movies are a waste of space and film, so whatever they cast him as I don’t care.

stopping by for a second – he was at the TOWER BAR with Aniston last week and some business types. Let’s start a rumor that Jen plays Lois Lane to his Superman. lol

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/09/2007 at 12:38 pm

womp womp

Me No Likey @ 04/09/2007 at 1:07 pm

Why are they even making another one? Superman Returns was lousy. Orlando recently said he wants to do smaller films and no more costume films so I don’t think this is likely. Orlando knows Singer so maybe this was just a friends get together.

This story is false. He’s not going to be the next superman. My guess is that his ex planted the story for some badly needed publicity.

I think the Tom Cruise WWII project sounds feasible and I think Orli meeting with JA, who is loaded wth $$$, has her own production company, and loves smaller, indie type movies, this definitely sounds like a serious business meeting. I like Orli. I think he has talent. I don’t think he’s done a lot of good work, tho.

It sounds like Orlando is just talking to different people about his options. Also, he’s friends with most of the people in Hollywood, so it makes sense that he would be seen out with different directors and actors. I’m a huge fan, and will support any project he decides on. I hope he does more Indie movies. Haven is one of my favorite movies.

huh asked: What’s your source for this?

NY Post Page 6 Gossip – so it’s likely crap. Anyway, Singer has other movies in the pipeline besides Superman (which isn’t even coming out for over 2 years), so it could be something else. Or – oh no! – maybe it was JUST LUNCH. I just don’t see Orlando doing Superman.

The Superman sequel has supposedly been put on hold because Singer has a few other projects in the pipeline. Personally, I think it won’t get made at all because Superman Returns was a big fat joke. Orlando would be insane to even consider it.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/09/2007 at 3:34 pm

superman returns wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be, it just had an extremely boring storyline, not to mention kate bosworth was horrible horrible horrible!

more action plus super villans, the sequel will be fine.

Yay! they are making another Superman!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All