Alec Baldwin's Phone Tirade With Daughter

Alec Baldwin's Phone Tirade With Daughter

Alec Baldwin left an extremely angry voicemail for his and ex-wife Kim Basinger‘s 11-year-old daughter Ireland Baldwin when he couldn’t get in touch with her, as reported by TMZ yesterday. Here’s the transcript:

Hey I want to tell you something, okay, and I want to leave a message for you right now, cos again it’s 10:30 her in New York on a Wednesday and once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone to call you at a specific time. When the time comes for me to make the phone call, I stop whatever I’m doing and I go and I make that phone call at 11 o’clock in the morning in New York and if you don’t pick up the phone at 10 o’clock at night and you don’t even have that goddamn phone turned on.

I’m tired of playing this game with you. I’m leaving this message for you to tell you that you have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me. You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being… I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old or 11 years old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do as far as I’m concerned.

You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone and when I come out there next week. I’m going to fly out there for the day just to straighten you out on this issue. I’m going to let you know just how disappointed in you that I am and how angry I am with you that you’ve done this to me again.

You made me feel like s*** and you’ve made me feel like a fool over and over and over again. And this crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother and you do it to me constantly and over and over again. I am going to get on a plane and I am going to straighten your ass out when I see you.

Do you understand me? I am going to really make sure you get it. That I’m going to get on a plane and I’m gonna turn around and come home. So you better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. So I’m going to let you know how I feel, about what a rude little pig you really are. You are a rude thoughtless little pig. Okay?

Basinger‘s publicist Annette Wolfe said, “The voicemail speaks for itself.”

Baldwin‘s spokesperson told Extra, “In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing … keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years.”

You can listen to Alec Baldwin‘s angry voicemail to Ireland here.

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Sounds like Alec is the pig in this scenario – if I were a judge I’d throw his fat ass in jail!

Oh boo hoo, poor widdle Alec’s feewings are hurt. What an A S S! You never speak to a child like that, no matter how angry or frustrated you may be by your situation or your divorce. He’s just confirmed that he is the controlling, abusive chauvinist that I always thought he probably was behind closed doors.

Do I even need to point out that it sounds like he is having great difficulty figuring out time zones? If his set time for the call is 11, why is he yelling at her in a voicemail about it at 10:30? The man doesn’t even make sense.

And the whole “I’m going to fly out there and straighten you out” rant – sounds menacing. The poor kid is probably terrified of her father, and with good reason. Any wonder that Kim left him? The only pig in that family is Alec Baldwin himself.

He needs anger management & parenting classes. Who the f**k talks like that to a child. So the kid missed a call? she’s child you have no idea if she’s a brat or not.

Alec is a prick in every situation. Remember when Cory Lidle’s plane crash closed the street & Baldwin was screaming and ranting that he had to get through? He’s rude at resturants. If anyone is fat f**king pig it’s him.

he messed up. name a parent who doesn’t? he certainly was out of line a couple of times. but, a lot of it, was what many people get with an angry parent. it’s not to excuse, but hopefully they can all move past it.

Fug – I think Alec is doing a good job of turning her against him all by himself.

PS – your comment has been flagged for the beating comment. Get some psychiatric help.

cheesecake @ 04/20/2007 at 12:51 pm

I really don’t think he has said anything so terrible.
He just sounds as if he has been treated really badly and felt really hurt and betrayed.
I do think the child should have respected her father enough to answer the phone if it was prearranged.

I agree with cheesecake.

jeopardy! @ 04/20/2007 at 1:05 pm

I agree with cheesecake, this is usually what a frustrated parent would tell a child who does not do as he/she is told (as it is a prearranged call, she should know, after all, she is 11, not 5). And if Kim leaked this, then you know it is not only Alec who has issues, Kim has too. Actually, I think both Kim and Alec should never have had any children, they both seem to be using Ireland for their not-so-hidden agendas.

It’s reads as thought he really has Kim Basinger in mind not his daughter. You know, people make mistakes. Why is there such an issue regarding custody of their daughter? Could they possibly hate each other more….that’s really healthy for the daughter.

The transcript of the phone conversation can across as abusive and threatening. Some celebrities seem to get a free ride or excuses galore, while others are raked over the coals when their words are taken out of context. Children at that age are often thoughtless, busy doing different activities or forget to charge or turn a phone on. It happens. It is unfortunate that this tape was released because it shows a man that can clearly get out of control. No matter how angry a parent is, no child should be called a pig or other derogatory names. Hopefully, Baldwin will get anger management.

I agree that this no way to speak to a child but what kind of mother uses her child this way to get back at her former husband. Ireland is the victim here: her father when speaking to her forgets she’s a child and her mother is manipulative.

nastyhero @ 04/20/2007 at 1:14 pm

And the father (douche-bag) of the year award goes to…Alec Baldwin. For those of you who are actually trying to rationalize his tirade towards his daughter, remember she’s only 11. You don’t talk this way to a child ever. I don’t give a sh*t how bad a day he might of had, his tone towards his daughter is utterly dispicable.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/20/2007 at 1:15 pm

of course kim leaked this, she HATES alac

What kind of people are you posting on this board? Can you honestly think that this kind of tirade can be justified? The man is an ADULT, he should control his anger better. You can discipline a child and express your displeasure without threatening the kid or calling her names. Anyone who talks to an 11 year old this way shouldn’t have one.

I don’t care how mad he was, it’s not about HIS anger, it’s about teaching her something, and you can do that very effectively without ever raising your voice or calling her names.

The mother is the B#$%& for all I care. She leaked that message on purpose to get back at her ex. He’s still a deranged pig though. Poor kid, she has two delisuional parents who can’t get past their differences and get along for the sake of the child. This type of situation happens all the time with “normal” folks, what’s the big deal, just because they’re famous. When was the last time either one of them did any revelant work in Hollywood. I don’t she’s been in a movie since like the 90′s or early 2000.

AddictedtoBAMPZs @ 04/20/2007 at 1:33 pm

If it were not for the calling her a “pig”, and not being real sure how old she is (tweve? eleven?), you might feel some sympathy for Alec if you were only reading these words, not hearing them. However, the amazing power of hearing his tone, the way he surges with furry and hate, the way he repeats and repeats what he is going to do, is straight out of the Abusive Parent/ Spouse Handbook. If this were my daughter this man would not get within five miles of her ever, ever again. I believe this will get him back in court. Think of how many abusive people do this every day to their families but never leave them evidence like this. Repulsive, horrid. I will never see an Alec Baldwin movie again, Oh and Good Luck trying to get a date after this, Alec!

WOW! That poor child is being played in their gross game of who hates who more. Guess they never heard the saying “love your child more then you hate your ex” Both parents are incredible selfish and need serious help.

AddictedtoBAMPZs @ 04/20/2007 at 1:35 pm

Don’t just read the words. Listen to them. Makes a BIG difference….

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/20/2007 at 1:35 pm

[17] – in actuality alec has been relevant in Hollywood. kim not at all.

How on EARTH can people be defending Alec and saying the child deserved this?! What horrid people you are!!!! Children make mistakes, that’s why they are CHILDREN! They never, ever, ever deserve to be spoken to like this from their own father. Horrifying. I hope that girl never has to seem this douchebag again.

By seem, I of course meant “see”

I have no words.

Pigs like that should be restrained rfom being around children.

He sounds threatening and should not come near that little girl.

I feel so sorry for Ireland. This can’t make her ever feel good.

What a jerk, he is.

This should never have been released. We don’t know the whole story.

This constitutes as VERBAL CHILD ABUSE. If Alec wasn’t a celeb, but just a dad who got a divorce, that mother would call the police so fast it wouldn’t be funny. I’m happy the tape was released, just so that Ireland doesn’t feel like she’s personally being victimized. Now this is a much bigger thing and will have much bigger consequences.

I wish people would stop saying “he just lost his temper” and things like that. Would you tell a child whose parent hits them that daddy just lost his temper? No, you’d tell them to report his ass.

i agree with sparrow. although i think raising your voice (as a parent) to get a point across is normal, the name-calling and threats are definitely not. i think what struck me most was how he kept repeating that he was “INSULTED” by her. a parent can and should feel disappointed when his child lets him down, but insulted? i dunno.. there’s just something weird about that. that’s some very serious pride issues. it’s really putting yourself and your needs above the child’s well-being… people like that aren’t fit to be parents.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All