Heath Ledger as The Joker -- FIRST LOOK

Heath Ledger as The Joker -- FIRST LOOK

Here are the first close-up pictures of Aussie actor HEATH LEDGER as THE JOKER, mouth scarring and all.

Is 28-year-old Heath menacing enough as the original Joker, played by Jack Nicholson in the original Batman film?

Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight co-starring Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine is set for a July 18, 2008 release.

heath ledger joker 01
heath ledger joker 02
heath ledger joker 03
heath ledger joker 04
heath ledger joker 05

Credit: AICN
Posted to: Batman, Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

HE LOOKS FUCKEN SCAAAAAAAARY! AND FUUUUUUUUUGLY!

He looks …different ;)

he looks like he belongs in the crow.. not batman

Hmm….he’s still hot. lol

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/23/2007 at 11:43 am

womp. boring

he looks like brandon lee as the crow. `smh`

As been said-wrong movie…………but might work for Holloween. GET JACK BACK!

Jack Nicholson camped it up and basically played the Joker for laughs. Chris Nolan’s Joker, like everything about his Batman, will be different. Heath looks evil and very very scarey. Guess this is a movie little Matilda won’t be able to see until she’s at least 16! LOL! I’m very tired of the way Heath seems determined to hide or play down his looks. He does it in film roles and he does it in real life. Heath is really attractive. I mean seriously sexy. He needs to get comfortable with that and make some hot movies.

He looks like Xander Harris in that second picture.

Aside from the set pics for test shoots the other two are faked.

Pre-makeup, that’s why. Pale and scarred. He puts the makeup on after.

Lori Smith @ 04/23/2007 at 12:42 pm

YES YES YES!!! He looks scary. scary. scary.
I’m gonna die waiting to see this movie cause Heath looks the way I imagined the joker should have all ways looked… evil, scary and mean as can be.

Shoes4life @ 04/23/2007 at 12:42 pm

I don’t know who they should have chosen to play the Joker but I don’t think this guy is it. I mean the Joker should be dark, sneaky looking, conniving, and a bit evil. Not someone when you look at them you think if I can just clean him up he might not be such a bad guy. Just my opinion.

mrs grated cheese @ 04/23/2007 at 1:17 pm

That’s Heath Ledger????
He scares the beejesus outta me with that green hair!

no one will ever play joker better than Jack Nicholson did

Sarina Bambina @ 04/23/2007 at 1:23 pm

Did anyone watch ‘The Tribe’ as a child…silly Australian programme where all the kids wore make-up…in these pics Heath is the spitting image of Lex…hottie!

I was thinking The Crow at first until I read that caption that it was supposed to be the Joker. It looks nothing like him. That’s definately points for creepiness.

That’s for the “joker” character? I thought that was for the Priscilla Queen of the desert” sequel. I should really stop spreading rumours like this. I could get fired from my cushy entertainment reporting job!

burnished_dragon @ 04/23/2007 at 2:43 pm

I was thiking he looks like Jared Lerto (sp) with the heavy eye makeup

When I saw the picture it reminded me so much of Brandon Lee in The Crow it was sad. I think they went for that look & I think its sad.

Freaky. I was going to post the same thing as the poster above before realizing they had the same name as me. I want to see the smile though. Then we’ll know he’s scary.

[Fug Face [x]] @ 04/23/2007 at 4:14 pm

I’m sure he will look completely different in the movie

doesn’t look like the joker looks like a sequal to the crow!

Bad news- the picture’s a fake.

You can go on any reputable Batman site and find that this is a fake.

WOW HEATH! He looks awesome as the Joker!!! Scary ****!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All