John Mayer to be GQ Cover Boy

John Mayer to be GQ Cover Boy

Here are some exclusive shots of singer couple Jessica Simpson and John Mayer on Thursday from the set of his new GQ photoshoot in Atlanta, Georgia.

Mayer will be featured on and upcoming cover of GQ magazine cover with the Atlanta skyline as the backdrop. (In 1998, after dropping out from Boston’s prestigious Berklee College of Music, Mayer created a large, and devoted fan base in Atlanta as an acoustic performer for live music venues.)

One fan photo of John and Jessica from the day before below…

john mayer jessica simpson atlanta georgia 01
john mayer jessica simpson atlanta georgia 02
john mayer jessica simpson atlanta georgia 03

Getty

I thought GQ covers were for guys who had style. Who knew how to dress. Who were cool????? John Mayer??? Oy!

schizo·phren·ic @ 04/30/2007 at 11:37 am

that dudes face is f*cked.

he has no style, and cant dress for sh*t. I dont believe it

angelina_ mmm @ 04/30/2007 at 12:04 pm

he’s sexy

:) yaaaaay. love them!

happy for Jess @ 04/30/2007 at 12:40 pm

OMG Jess looks like a small ant next to those two! She seems very happy.

jessica sucks @ 04/30/2007 at 1:11 pm

jessica simpson sucks! yea she is beautiful and can sing great. But she doesnt write them and while i may not know her personally seems to be as dumb as a doorknob. Mayer on the other hand writes his own music and is somewhat funny. I.e. he has legitimate talent. jessica simpson is just another chick in young hollywood, trying to “find her way”. ITS SAD. Lets face it people jessica simpson is the girl you sleep with bc shes hot. not the one you marry.

whoa who is the giant in the 3rd pic? isn’t john mayer, like, 6’2″?

and what is with the long belt john? didn’t that go out of fashion in mid-90s? or is it coming back?

They’re great. Mayer has the right to love who he choose, and none of you know whether or not Jessica Simpson is dumb or not. Only Mayer knows her that up close and personal. Some of you guys really need to deal with your jealousy issues, eg. “Jessica sucks”.

I live in Atlanta and Mayer used to play at Eddie Attic right down the street from where I live all the time. I love his music and have been playing him nonstop for months now.

I like him with Jessica too. He seems happy.

How are they going to fit that freaking huge cranium on the cover of GQ and why on Earth would they. That boy is beyond fug.

pollyanna @ 04/30/2007 at 3:18 pm

He is very attractive and he has a super cool personality. Jessica looks great with brown hair. It’s nice to see her happy. I hope they make a wonderful relationship together.

ex-mayer fan @ 04/30/2007 at 8:25 pm

Gosh, he could get almost any girl he wanted… it’s shocking he would choose such an annoying tool to be his gilfriend. John, you can do better! A LOT BETTER!

You should check u’re John Mayer tour dates. He was actually in Winnipeg, Canada performing on Thursday night!!! Unless he can be in 2 places at once????

That just shows you can buy your way anywhere!
No way do I want to see him on the cover of GQ, sad day for GQ.

Look at that stubbie shoulder and hand ewwww and those giant thunder thighs.
Maybe it’s time to switch diets. Mayer thinks he’s hot , I wonder do he get tired of people lying to him, but since some people will take a lie to their grave I guess he do not.

Also an ex-Mayer fan @ 05/01/2007 at 8:42 am

So true ex-Mayer fan, I feel the same way. I’ve lost so much respect for him, I will never go to another concert or buy any of his music. Just think he talk bad about her himself, he expect everyone else to accept her now that she is standing next to him-I don’t think so, she still is disgusting rather she with him or not. Now it means he has a horrible chick next to him.

Also an ex-Mayer fan @ 05/01/2007 at 8:50 am

I also forgot. Becky so true Mayer and other stars hire these people to sit around them and lie to them, when they get tire they will just fire them. however Mayer love to hear the lies that they are telling him. It’s really

who cares what he looks like! The man can sing and write and has a huge fan base!Regardless of who is dating.Morons

Whether or not you like him..not really going to get into that..i do agree with you sue, not only can he sing and write…lets talk about his skills on his guitar..WOW..all i know is i can’t wait to see the issue with him in it…really, i think i’ll be leaving work early to go get it..j/k..but dang can’t wait..the only thing i wish is that he was getting the publicity for his music and skill rather than his looks..but i guess being on the cover of rolling stones already touched base on that issue!!!

The hype of John Mayer is still running stronge money can buy people’s opinions.
Just like Mayer said before he can buy you all.
There are too many other great concerts to attend with honest hard working muscians. Mayer is so full of himself.

I do not want to see him on GQ, but I guess he is getting very desperate.

Lula they do not seem happy to many plus they seem detached I think Jessica would be better off on her own without Mayer.