Spider-Man 3 Makes Web History

Spider-Man 3 Makes Web History

Spider-man 3 sold a record $148 $151 million in ticket sales this weekend, breaking the opening weekend record previously held by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest ($135.6 million).

Worldwide ticket sales total $375 $382 million for the first six days of release, breaking the opening record previously held by 2005′s Stars Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith($254 million).

2004′s Spider-Man 2 opened with $88.1 million and 2002′s Spider-Man with $114.8 million.

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Watch Kiki think it was all because of her. Muahahaha!

The movie is such a disappointment, though. The weakest in the franchise. But I’m glad it broke POTC’s record. LOLz! Take that Pirates!! :p

Lets see Tobey pass up Spidey 4 now

I don’t know why, but I have absolutely no desire in the least whatsoever to see this movie. And I LOVE Sam Raimi. But every time I see an ad for this movie, bleh.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I actually liked the X-Men movies much better than any of the Spiderman ones Raimi has done. But Bruce Campbell rocks!

I also like X MEN better I find the storyline of X MEN more realistic and closer to the real world in terms of dealing with prejudice and discrimination. I just can’t get into Spiderman I just don’t find Tobey Maguire attractive or right for the role. I also find Dunst is not that good an actress she also is very unattractive as well. People are going for the Spiderman franchise I sure hope Maguire and Dunst realize the success of this movie has nothing to do with them.

I wonder if POTC3 will beat it though, maybe Shrek 3 also or even Fantastic Four 2 or the new Harry Potter?

I’m glad that Spider-Man 3 did so well, hopefully it will top Titanic from the all-time worldwide box-office, it’s about time lol, it’s been 10 years since Titanic was released and no movie came even close to beat it.

[Fug Face........] @ 05/06/2007 at 3:12 pm

I’m sure everyone seen this coming. its the most expensive movie ever made, I expected nothing but record breaking numbers. hell I seen it Friday and Saturday.

By far the ‘best’ of the 3 films. I still think they should have never cast kirsten as mj

Pirates got bent over and sod-om-ized! Lol

I think POTC3 promotion will star like CRAZY now to try to beat it, but there wasn’t much talk about it really, it was all about Spider-Man 3 since this time last year!

I agree with those of you who say that both Toby and Kirsten were utterly miscast for their roles. I’ve found Toby wooden in both Spiderman movies, and Kirsten seems way too young to play the role of Mary Jane. I would’ve loved to see someone like Rachel McAdams play MJ but she wasn’t that well known when Spidey 1 was cast. I also found the storyline of Spidey 2 to be…dull. And the movie was much too angsty and didn’t have enough action IMO, and the first movie started off good but then it fell into just another comic-booky movie w/terribly cheesy dialogue. As opposed to the X-Men movies which have good characterization where the characters come off as real people, and also plenty of good action.

JustCheckin @ 05/06/2007 at 4:21 pm

This is the best of all 3 Spider Man’s film. All casts were perfect…so believable. Great actions and special effects. BRAVO! I am very happy for thier success and NOT at all surprise! I hope there’ll be a 4… however it will not work without casting Toby and Kirsten:) Just my opinion!

mrs grated cheese @ 05/06/2007 at 4:52 pm

this is the weakest of all three…sp2 was the best. I like kiki, but gosh she was terrible in this. and tobey’s emo stuff? wtf?

Wow……….just wow!!!

tanique33 @ 05/06/2007 at 5:29 pm

DAMN!! that is all.

Well…not surprised! I’m only happy for its success, even if it’s not the best of the three. Both Tobey and Kirsten were BETTER than in the previous movies, I think. I do not agree with who says they are wrong for the roles the play. Gonna beating Titanic worldwide gross? Oh no…no, no, no! 1.7 billion is too much! I think that this Spider-Man movie will reach 1 billion, MAYBE!

i loved this movie!!!! spiderman 2 was kinda boring, BUT 3 HAD ACTION!!! although the whole sandman plot was dumb, they should have just stuck with venom. VENOM ROCKS!!!

Movielover @ 05/06/2007 at 6:25 pm

I have never liked Spider Man but I grew to love the first two movies especially the secone one. This one was headed for a disaster I knew it all along. And don’t even get me started on POTCII probably the worst movie ever made.

Even 2 1/2 of Johnny Depp wasn’t enough for me to swallow that God Awful movie.

I can’t belive they are even making a sequel to Fantastic Four.

TSK TSK

Kirsten did great in sp3, i really loved the way she worked with the character, and tobey was good too. Overall a very nice movie, not as good as the first ones but still really entertaining ;)

ONE WORD – VERYYYY BAAADDDD!! action-packed, great computer generated special efx… YES! storyline – ZERO! character development – ZERO!

thank goodness for the semi-comfy cinema seats….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My friend went to a midnight showing and wow she was hella disappointed and I couldn’t help but lol..

#9-

I’m a fan of Sam & Ted Raimi(Joxer the Mighty!!) and especially Bruce Campbell. I was kinda shocked that the screen play wasn’t that great considering Ivan Raimi helped write it. He did a pretty good job on “Army of Darkness”. Do you remember Bruce in “Brisco County JR”?

I really did not like Spidey3. And I really didn’t like the fact that we get a babysitter for our kids, pay $16.00 to go to the movies for a date night last night only to have to put up with someone elses kids crying in the theater.

Did anyone notice that Sam put his kids in the movie?

I’m glad it is doing so well at the box office – I really really enjoyed it!

Movielover, you didn’t like Fantastic Four? That’s like the best comic-book movie ever. And the new movie will be even better, i can’t wait to see Rise of the Silver Surfer, definately my most expected movie of the year!

[Fug Face........] @ 05/07/2007 at 9:59 am

Fantastic Four sucked. compared to the x-mens and spidermans.

Movielover, I cant believe you think Spider man is rubbish. And potc 2!!! It wasn’t as good as the first one but it is still top of my favourite movies ever! Obviously you have no knowledge on what is good and what is bad.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All