Jessica Simpson & John Mayer Split

Jessica Simpson & John Mayer Split

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer have split, sources close to the couple have confirmed.

Mayer, 29, was the one who reportedly pulled the plug on the pair’s 9-month-long relationship this past weekend. The couple last stepped out together at the Costume Institute Gala in NYC earlier this month.

Jessica , 26, was last spotted at the Nike party on Thursday night in Cannes, France, where she is promoting her new film Major Movie Star.

Halfway around the world, rumored ex-beau John Mayer partied through the wee hours of the night at NYC’s Stereo nightclub, where DJ AM was spinning.

Mayer stood sandwiched between club owner Michael Satsky and comedian Sherrod Small most of the night, chatting occasionally with one brunette lady friend.

“He looked extremely happy partying like he was single,” said one Stereo clubgoer. “And there was one woman who looked overly friendly.”

Could this be John Mayer‘s new lady friend??

jessica simpson cannes film festival 01
jessica simpson cannes film festival 02
jessica simpson cannes film festival 03
john mayer stereo night club 01
john mayer stereo night club 02

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
[Fug Face [You]] @ 05/18/2007 at 1:33 pm

Thank god, Fug and Jugs – Horrible match.
I’m sure he got tired of her corny ass.

Too bad she is gorgeous, he was lucky

Madeleine @ 05/18/2007 at 1:56 pm

well the reps havent confirmed yet but even if they are broken up, they will probably get back 2gether.

Finally ditched that chick, she was seriously making him lose his cred.

The #1 Source for Celebrity Gossip Pictures, Headlines and Links.

this post makes me so sad jared! :(

Well. They are different types. He is awesome and she is a glamour type girl. I am sure he could get another pretty girl and she can get another hunk of a dude. If they get back together that is good for them then.

god. Who is he going to get to pee on next?

Whose hand is Jessica holding?? Check the pics there!

I knew they would break up. Their both young and don’t look ready to settle down.

He’ll find another pretty girl just like her. She’ll find another hunky guy. It’s all good.

SHE SHOULD HAVE WORKED IT OUT WITH NICK!!!!!

theoriginalbitch @ 05/18/2007 at 2:46 pm

Come on, did anyone really believe that they were a couple?

Why should she have worked it out with Nick?

She was too young to get married in the first place. This is called dating, getting dumped is part of it, it’s nothing profound.

It’ll probably happen again until she meets Mr.Right.

She Should stay with Nick,she made a huge mistake in her life.

Saw this coming a mile away…really didn’t think it would last. She had a good thing with Nick. She must be kicking herself for letting him get away.

Do some of y’all work for Nick Lachey?

I’m sayin.

Why is that people tend to admire the past? I think they all are in good place. She is young only 25 she will find someone just like her. So will he.

piper, with a low @ 05/18/2007 at 3:38 pm

WTF Says:

May 18th, 2007 at 2:19 pm – flag comment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope that rumor is not true. {shudder}

Anyway, I agree with lula29 about her taking her time. Mind you, I do think that she was hasty in dumping Nick… and tacky too. Although she tried to model herself after another pseudo-independent divorcee… dating an ‘interesting’-looking guy with cred, trying to proclaim her liberation in her works, and positioning herself and ‘her’ man to garner maximum exposure and buzz. Instead, she should have worked hard at working -learning the lyrics to 9 to 5… hello, instead of working hard on her image.

She’s young and she has time to find the right guy; she just needs to get her priorities straight, pronto.

I have to admit… I don’t follow her career, but I still cringe when people slam her for showing up at Cannes. And that dress she wore at the Costume Ball… :roll:

I have posted a press release on my blog, to end the rumors and speculation:

Read It Here

John Mayer

She wasn’t too young to get married. Mature young women 18, 19 and 20 make lasting marriages all the time (though not in Hollywood). That was her mistake. She tried to combine her small town values with making a Hollywood marrriage. Please. She was too silly, naive and immature, just NOT TOO YOUNG. Plus she had an overrated opinion of herself. She is not a big star. Does not have the talent to sustain longevity. She was just on a hot streak and her career now could be over. Jumping into bed with John Mayer was not the answer.

not casting the stone, but @ 05/18/2007 at 4:29 pm

ALRIGHT, He’s attractive because of who he is and his success, but w/out fame looking at his face, he is not handsome, NO!

Jessica will have to go through a series of relationships to grow up some more. She’s a nice girl, but she’s not ready to marry again. I wish she wouldn’t dump her religious values. She made a big deal about saving herself and remaining a virgin for Nick, but now that she’s divorced, she’s thrown her values out the window and sleeps w men before marriage. Wah? I wonder if her entire family left the church. It’s nice to see people mean what they say instead of turning out to be phony.

Agree with no. 20.
Also, Jessica thinks she’s a normal girl or whatever.
What normal girl files for divorce at age 25????
WTF..
I think she’s a lot less down to earth than we think.

She is an ordinary girl who married at a young age, the marriage didn’t work out. She isn’t the first and she will not be the last to marry at a young age, divorce at a young age, and sin and have sex out of wedlock. C’mon nobody perfect except God!

I think john is a peoice of garbage and jess shouldnt even give him the right time of day, he was lucky he was able to be with her!!!

John Mayer Says:
May 18th, 2007 at 3:43 pm – flag comment
I have posted a press release on my blog, to end the rumors and speculation:

Read It Here

John Mayer

^^^^^^^

did anybody go to that blog?? anyone read the press release? is that john mayer’s blog? or does it belong to some loonie with too much time in their hands?

not casting the stone, but @ 05/18/2007 at 7:11 pm

Cynthia, you missed the point. Everybody knows that girls who remain virgins and don’t have sex outside marriage are the minority. My point is that when you have strong beliefs, they should remain strong in spite of the circumstances. If you say no sex outside marriage, it’s no sex outside marriage. Jessica made made a big deal about being a virgin with Nick Lachey. What I see is that Jessica’s beliefs were never that strong or she would still be practicing them. I don’t dislike her, I just don’t think she’s as committed to her faith as she wanted people to think she is. She’s still a very nice girl but I think she remained a virgin to please her daddy, not for religious reasons and not to please God.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All