David Hyde Pierce is Gay

David Hyde Pierce is Gay

Former Frasier star David Hyde Pierce officially came out of the closet (unintentionally or intentionally?) in an Associated Press article published on CNN.com.

[Pierce] worked at Playwrights Horizons, the Public Theater, Shakespeare in the Park and a lot of regional theaters such as the Guthrie in Minneapolis, Chicago’s Goodman and Long Wharf in New Haven, Conn. Pierce got to Los Angeles in the early 1990s when his partner, actor-writer-producer Brian Hargrove, wanted to write for television.

Pierce, 48, has been nominated for a Tony for Curtains on Broadway, where he is currently appearing.

david hyde pierce gay 01

• Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Was there really a question that he wasnt?

[Fug Face [x]] @ 05/30/2007 at 4:32 pm

Did he really have to officially *** out? lmao I’m sure everyone already knew he was gay, I did.

Good for him if he’s ready to start being open about it. It’s not a big deal anymore, especially for the industry, so file under “big whoop”.

Duh he’s gay, big whoop!

wow, he always came off a little fay, but i just thought thats how he was (like his character Niles). i am a little surprised

He’s a great talent. I thought everyone knew he was already gay. Who cares. It’s HIS sexuality.

tanique33 @ 05/30/2007 at 4:57 pm

i honestly didn’t realize he wasn’t out already. i suppose many were like me. so, that’s good. a big deal probably wont be made of it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Anyone that knows anything about Hollywood knew he was gay. And no offense Hyde Pearce coming out at the of 48 isn’t that big a deal he’s old and he’s not a big star. When a big A list movie star or a young up and comer or an old living legend comes out then that will be news.

That doesn’t surprise me at all. Anyway, who really cares. He’s a good actor! Especially in Frasier, he was hilarious. I wish him more success, and good for him :)

He is a brilliant actor, and I too wish more success than ever. I loved watching him in Frasier! On a sad note, In Russia, gay protesters were punch and abuse, sad very sad.

Eve (not the one from above) @ 05/30/2007 at 5:34 pm

I love him in Frasier. I love that sitcom, I still watch it on Sony Entertainment television (here in Brazil we have a cable channel called like that).

Hidden Palms tonight on the CW @ 05/30/2007 at 5:37 pm

DUUUUUUH.

Hidden Palms tonight 8/7c on the CW

Least surprising “outing” ever. HA I loved him on “Frasier” so much. His wit and timing are unmatched except possibly by Kelsey Grammar on that show. He is a great actor and entertainer, his orientation makes zero different whatsoever! And really, who didn’t know this already? :)

I guess now is official.

Its just like the backdoor boy who came out. big deal, we knew. Had he came out and said “hey i’m straight, no really.” Then that what be a shocker.

hey fug face are you gay??????? dont lie now

piper, with a low @ 05/30/2007 at 6:32 pm

# 13 | calgirl3 @ 05.30.2007 5:41 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably those who were waiting for their ‘Niles’ to come along… being worshipped from afar, being oblivious to his secretly smelling your hair, and remaining committed for 7+ years in complete fascination and awe of you…

For me, David Hyde Pierce is one of those rare actors that is constantly good at what he does. And he keeps going forward, not lamenting about his past successes. So, no, his disclosure doesn’t change a thing.

My only hope is that he won’t get pulled in different directions a la Ellen D. When she came out on her sitcom, on one hand, many gays saw it as a monumental step; the following season, some gays, specifically Chastity Bono, accused Ellen (the show) of being ‘too gay’.

He should work, period. Here’s hoping he’ll keep his eye on the prize, both personally and professionally.

I thought he was already out? I’m sure I read it somewhere about the time that Frasier went off the air. He is a wonderful comedic actor.

Everyone already thought he was out already. I think this is the most unsurprsing coming out ever. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

i’m surprised. kelsey grammar isn’t gay. they’re practically the same person really.

jeez what a shock..could have told you that about 15 years ago when the series started. he’s gayer than fabio’s conditioner.

No surprise but I would’ve believed him if he said he was not gay. He was absolutely divine on Frasier—he’s such a great comic actor and then he is brilliant when the tone gets serious. I just love him. I hope he realizes how wonderful he is and how much joy his great talent brings to those witnessing it.

It means nothing in this day and age that David
is gay.No big deal.The best to him.

No that it matters one way or the other, but I cannot believe there is anyone out there who would even think he was hetersosexual!!! It was just a given.

And this is important because…?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All