Adam Levine: I'm a Manwhore

Adam Levine: I'm a Manwhore

Maroon 5 smoothie-in-chief Adam Levine dishes the dirt in the June 2007 issue of Blender magazine, clearing up rumors about being labeled a “manwhore” for his supposed links to numerous starlets.

On being called a “manwhore” by the tabloids: “If being single and enjoying being 28 and having a wonderful time is being a manwhore, then I’m a manwhore…I don’t apologize for my behavior; it’s certainly exaggerated in the press.”

On which Hollywood stereotype is more accurate: Everyone’s gay or everyone’s on cocaine: “Everyone’s gay and on cocaine in Hollywood.”

On breaking his sternum last year while lifting weights: “I was working out backstage with the kind of cable pulleys that you put onto a doorstop. James Valentine, our guitar player, opened the door and basically this really thick rubber cable with a metal carabiner on the end of it snapped with the force of what seemed like a bullet, and hit me right in the middle of my chest. It could have killed me. It lacerated my chest right down the middle, and I had to go to the hospital. I did perform that night, though. They pumped me full of drugs, and I was so high that I actually wanted to play.”

Maroon 5‘s album “It Won’t Be Soon Before Long” opened at No. 1. in the week ended May 28, selling a whopping 429,000 copies. Their 2003 debut, “Songs About Jane,” sold a distant 138,000.

Pictures below include Adam Levine and his band Maroon 5 performing to a packed Memorial Day crowd in the Plaza at the Today Show on Monday, TRL on Tuesday and at the ‘Musicians on Call’ Third Annual Benefit Concert and Auction at Sotheby’s on Wednesday.

35+ pictures inside of Adam Levine, James Valentine, Jesse Carmichael, Mickey Madden, Matt Flynn

adam levine manwhore 01

• Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
tanique33 @ 05/31/2007 at 4:56 pm

these really are a nice bunch of guys. and adam gets stick sometimes, but everytime i’ve seen him, he’s been really cool. he’s a nice guy.

i’m beyond happy with their first week numbers. they deserve it, they’ve been at it for a long time.

thanks for giving maroon some love, jared.

[Famous Fug Face] @ 05/31/2007 at 4:56 pm

Dude gets mad buns. Maroon 5 rocks.

iloveadam @ 05/31/2007 at 5:10 pm

Man, he is sooooo hot.

Maybe it’s the overexposure he got with their first album but he bugs me.

Adam is SO HOT!!! Thanks Jared!

What is up with this new “image”… suits, ties, all the time they’re out and on TV… what kind of joke is this?!?

Luv'nAdam @ 05/31/2007 at 6:45 pm

Wow…i’m so totally in love with Adam Levine!! He is so incredibly HOT!!..his beautiful eyes, nose, and sexy lips would make me do just about anything with him (sexually)!! When I see him, i just melt. If I was the groupie type, i would follow Adam any and everywhere Maroon 5 performed.

Adam is very-very HOT, this abum is awesome!

I love these boys. So happy to see their success!

Ewwwwww! Yuck.

adam’s hot

I think he is creepy and not attractive at ALL.

I don’t get it.

Is that what women lust after? A squeaky-voiced man w/ a bad haircut and whiskers, like, The Justin (diva needs a “The”)?
I can’t stand Adam. Something about him screams, “I’m arrogant as all hell!”

No that is not what women lust after Michael.

alana bridges @ 05/31/2007 at 10:21 pm

this man looks like he sure can keep anyone “coming” every night

ellen mara @ 05/31/2007 at 10:26 pm

Oh Michael, don’t hate on a attractive, rich and famous guy for being arrogant. He can be arrogant if he wants, I can be if I want and so can you. Let people just be. Come on. Just relax and enjoy the eye candy (not this I mean, unless you want to).

Was there ever a time on this planet when people knew how to accept other people’s flaws and differences? Nope? Yup, didn’t think so.
Oh, the humanity.

joey silverman @ 05/31/2007 at 10:28 pm

oh, goody, the hippies are back

KrungKrung @ 06/01/2007 at 1:22 am

he looks kinda gay 2 me, or is he?

When did rock n’ roll become some *** getting his eyebrows teased? He looks like a fagot all glammed up like that. Gayer than a three dollar bill if you ask me.

He looks so gay here, but I very much like the music Maroon 5 is playing.

(He´s a manwhore AND an attentionwhore as well)

Nobody look and act and gayer than John Mayer.
This dude seems on the level, cool a$$ music that you can really listen to.

“Manwhore” – that’s funny!

He has some weird but unique moves but still rocks!

HAHA he looks like Forrest Gump in pic 9

He’s like the only Jew that doesn’t have a huge nose

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All