Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Isaiah Washington -- FIRED!

Isaiah Washington -- FIRED!

Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington, aka Dr. Preston Burke, has been fired from the hit ABC medical drama, according to TV Guide‘s Michael Ausiello.

Washington‘s rep Howard Bragman confirmed that Grey’s creator Shonda Rimes told Washington over the phone that he would not be invited back to the show next season.

The decision was reportedly due only in part to Washington referring to co-star T.R. Knight as something-derogatory-that-I-won’t-repeat-here. In part? Yeah, right!

Isaiah Washington, YOU’RE FIRED!

• Mandy Moore has a zoo of pets at her home- US Weekly
  • NBA player Paul George suffers horrific leg injury during a game- TMZ
  • Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have split after five years- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Ella Henderson sing her latest single 'Ghost'- Just Jared Jr
  • Peter MacNicol will be a series regular on CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Kelly Ripa rocks a really short pair of spandex shorts for a workout- Huffington Post
  • Oscar Isaac will star in the upcoming film Show Me A Hero- Lainey Gossip
  • James Lafferty will star in Waffle Street- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Karina Jelinek and Paz Cornu shows off their bikini bodies on the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Dumbass BIGGOT needed his ass fired!

I meant BIGOT. Got excited and spelled that wrong. Sorry.

[Famous Fug Face] @ 06/07/2007 at 11:46 pm

Thank god, dude always been corny.

i’m PISSED. don’t wait to wrap up your season, if he’s that much of a liability. if it ws that horrible fire him when it happened.

he was doing everything he was supposed to to rectify the situation. sadly, his might effect my feelings towards the show.

SWEET JUSTICE!
I applaud Shonda. Not only for firing him, but for not waiting till season premiere week to cause a rating spectacle.

sweet justice lololol
can someone tell me what happened tho, i dont watch that show?

^^^ i agree, its like what he did way okay enough for them to finish their season and THEN fire him. thats not right.

That is probably one of the dumbest things Shonda could have done. This proves that she is a sellout, trying to appeal/appease a different audience. She needs to watch who she caters to, she needs to include all audiences not just one. I feel that next season may not be as strong as this one. Why make a man go through the gauntlet of redemption if all you’re going to do is fire him?! T.R. and Isaiah need to have a conversation, and maybe execs as well, because this solution is not going to sit well with MOST fans.

wow… talk about hot scoop.
i feel bad for the guy.. he apologizes, goes to counseling, and even does a PSA and THEN he gets fired? and after setting up sandra oh for another golden globe winning scene? i’m not sure if the show will be the same w/o him….

angelinammm @ 06/08/2007 at 12:07 am

hypocrats

Good. Seems there is justice all around. Can Don Imus for making a racist comment, fire Isaiah. Makes perfect sense. Anyone (black or white) that acts in such an offensive way should be fired and these two fools deserve what they got.

6 Sofia So. | 06/07/2007 at 11:58 pm
sweet justice lololol
can someone tell me what happened tho, i dont watch that show?
*********************************************

its been a while but if i remember correctly, Isaiah and Patrick were on set preparing to shoot a scene, which T.R. was in as well but he was running late. Isaiah and Patrick got into words about something, and Isaiah said something to the effect of “I’m not you’re little ****** like T.R.” (he was apparently pissed that they had to wait around for him, and dragged his name into the fray). At least thats what i heard went down. feel free to correct me

Thank god i decided at the beginning of the third season i wouldn’t watch it anymore, with 2 of the better actors leaving, i can’t sit throug katherine, T.R. Ellen and Patrick dempsey horrible acting anymore. The other good actors left on that show are not getting as much hype as these a–holes!!!

Okay thanks!! I googled it a few minutes ago, boy that was back in something like october! they sure waited a while.

YES! Thanks gosh he was fired, I’ve been waiting for it all season! Nothing can excuse what he did…especially that little stint at the Golden Globe awards. “Gay counselling” can only do so much, clearly.

When your at work, whether your an actor,a lawyer, teacher, under law you must respect your co-workers, any harrassment of any kind whether sexual, racial, is dealt with,this is no different whether it occurred at a Studio or in an office, T.R knight shouldn’t have been in that position, Isiaah crossed the line twice, he only apologised and sought treatment, only when public outcry grew worse,his apology was not genuine,everyone knew that, whatever your opinion might be of someone, when your working together, you must respect your co-worker and keep your personal opinions whether religous or political to yourself, Isiaah should have known where he was,he was at a work environment where there are laws and customs on how people should behave and treat one another, let this be a lesson to anyone

BritGoes2Cal @ 06/08/2007 at 12:35 am

This is so stupid….it’s not like I watch the show anyways, but from what I understand he was a pretty important character to the show. I don’t think he should have been fired, pay cut yes….but not fired. Dumb dumb dumb.

Wow thats kinda hard to swallow for him, I guess. I mean after all he went through and they fired him. NOW ?

Thank god, he was a waste of a character anyway.

He also started to choke Patrick Dempsey if I remember correctly it wasn’t just verbal.

[Famous Fug Face] @ 06/08/2007 at 1:02 am

How many black people are left on that show? Lol 1,2 Haha I’m not so happy anymore.

This is so stupid, IMO. I loved Burke. He was a great character to have on the show. IW shouldn’t get fired just because he didn’t get along with a co-worker. He went to all this counseling and other crap, and for what? To be fired?

And seriously, TR Knight is like an adult cry-baby, IMO. He wants people to feel sorry for him.

And then there’s Katherine Heigl. Even though I like her, I think she should have kept her mouth shut instead of commenting on the situation. it wasn’t her place, and she only made matters worse.

Greys lost a great actor and a great character.

too many crybabies @ 06/08/2007 at 1:20 am

ok so now that he is fired, what will everyone be bitching about next?

ReallyMe. @ 06/08/2007 at 1:27 am

Well now you know the show is gunna suck next season.

angelinammm @ 06/08/2007 at 1:55 am

so this guy get fired and Paris is free to do what ever she likes after her racist oops (it’s on the tape)

the show is racist

Thats Right!

Team George :)

Isiah Fan @ 06/08/2007 at 2:12 am

I never really cared for GA and only watched it because I always like I. Washington. I hope the whole show goes down the drain. He was wrong and made amends, what excuse can they the Exec’s give? I agree, Paris goes free and he is hung out to dry. Point blank, Isiah was used and then disgarded. OH but had it been Patrick Dempsey, things would never had went so far. Down with GA

I’m glad he’s gone. I couldnt stand looking at the screen while he was on. I kept waiting for a helicopter to fall out of the sky
(ie. doctor romano ER)

back….

in a way its kinda good he’s gone. the show is getting more and more convoluted and is definitely going downhill. how many times can you sabotage relationships (between Grey/McDreamy and Yang/Burke) with ridiculous plot devices. that was really getting on my nerves

Wow, was he really that bad.

We never get any news on those guys here where I live.

I really like Preston alot. Ts, what a shame.

What the hell has he done?

So Preston Burke is going to be forever known as that jerkoff who left his fiancee at the altar? Can’t they get a replacement or something, I’ve always loved his character.

ABC fired IW, not Shonda. She loves her actors.

Well I’m sorry. It’s a shame he’s gone but come on, as a Black man he should know how to watch his language and he should know that the use of deragotary words can offend. Gosh! Had someone else been saying behind his back that they weren’t Isaih’s N*****g , I swear it would cause even more outrage and IW would have been out there shouting and screaming racism and discrimination.
That’s so stupid. he’s black, he knows excatly how it feels to be discriminated against, he knows how hurtful the use of certain words can hurt, yet he chooses to insult a gay person by using slurs. How clever is that? Oh well, he paid the price for that. As a professional person, that’s a shame because he knows well that any apology you say nowadays for an offensive slur, will never save your ass from the fire.
I agree with someone else who said that when you’re a professional, an actor, whatever beliefs you have, keep it for yourself. Don’t bring them to work.
I’m sorry IW, I used to watch GA because of you, now I won’t anymore. Shame of you, man.

Finally! I’ve never liked him.
But I think it’s a little weird that Shonda waited until now to fire him. Ok, the story wasn’t at a point where she could have fired him earlier, but still, it’s strange.
And over the phone? She didn’t even invite him for a proper conversation about this?
But I like that he’s gone now :)

Ridiculous extreme political correctness …

The way it went down was TR and IW were on set, PD, as usual, was running late. When PD arrived, he and IW got into an altercation that ended with IW hands arrond PD’s neck, and in his anger fit he still found time to call TR a fagot. At this point TR wasn’t out and this forced to came out.
This happened in Oct/Nov. While the press and the public were making a big fuss over the slur, the powers to be at ABC tried to downplay it and hoped it would go away.

At the Golden Globes press conference IW grabs a microphone and screams “I didn’t call TR a fagot”. If anybody had missed the whole mes, now it was definitely not going away. IW got a new PR person, went into rehab for homophobia (whatever that is), and made pro-gay PSA, but it obviously was to much to late.

They dont fire drug addicts, rehab wannabes and the likes … What he did was wrong, but he had seek help since then and apologize. Big men say sorry, lesser ones are still on their colorblind and genderblind wagon. Firing him now seems hypocritical!

I am so NOT looking forward to season 4.

16 Jake | 06/08/2007 at 12:32 am

LOL! Have you ever been to a construction site??? Have you ever been on any kind of tv or film productin set???

This is a bunch of BULLSHIT!

But that’s okay, this show is now officially OVER.

Damn, I liked him. Who cares how the actors are in their private life… it’s the charaters they play that we fall for. Some of the best actors out there are complete a**holes in real life, so what? He made a mistake, who hasn’t said something they wish they could take back… but honestly, get rid of George and Izzy. Good grief, they are soooo fr*ggin whiny… and now with the love connection… shoot me! Is it just me… or did she get over Denny rather quickly???!

Goes to show you that you that only certain ppl can get a second chances,ie Paris … maybe if he made more $ he could of bought himself a second chance?

since when is it a racial slur to say ******? why is sexual preference compared to the color of skin dumb? but anyway since imus got fired i know they had to fire him not the same people

sexual preference and skin color not the same sorry

Thank God! Isiah “McBoring” Washington sucked all the energy from every scene he was in anyway.

It would have been so hypocritical to leave him on this show for multiple homophobic slurs (plus other reportedly crazy behavior) while others in entertainment are getting canned for one racial slip-up. I applaud ABC for finally doing the right thing!

So why apologize. If he was going to be fired anyway, and his apology meant nothing, then why put him through all the crap. I hate that “I’m Sorry” means NOTHING anymore. BOOOOOOOOOOO

queen of mean @ 06/08/2007 at 11:29 am

It is really sad that Ms. Shonda fired him…I like him a lot. I like T.R. too,but I so looove Preston-Cristina loveteam…

It’s too bad, because Burke was a strong character. At least in the beginning. But I’m sure everyone will move on.

I’m not sad to see Isaiah go.

GOOD!! There’s nothing worse than the bully at school or at work who tries to make everybody else miserable just because he is. You cannot harrass co-workers! He needs help and he doesn’t seem sorry. He’s just picking on someone who he thinks is weaker than him. Now he’s out of work. I couldn’t be happier.

I’m pissed. I loved Burke and he was a really great character. IW played him to perfection. It sucks. I certainly won’t be watching anymore. And after such a crappy third season, I needed something to reel me back in. I was hoping IW would return. Guess not. Goodbye Grey’s. Let’s see how well you do with one of the best actors on the show gone.

We wasn’t fired, his contract was not renewed.
And I think they did well in doing this off camera, they couldn’t fire him at the moment out of respect for the viewers. Why should us the viewers pay for his comments?

I’m behind Shonda, the producers, ABC or whoever was responsible for getting him out of the program after he double faulted. People should be mad at IW, he was the one who didn’t behave well.

And now the most important thing for the show, please nix the stupid Izzy and George storyline, is the stupidiest thing on earth.

NOOO!!!!
Damn that sucks ass!!

41 jocelyn | 06/08/2007 at 10:44 am

42 jocelyn | 06/08/2007 at 10:45 am

sexual preference and skin color not the same sorry.
——-

I don’t know what word u used but if you meant F***t, it’s a slur. It’s not racial slur but it’s offensive to most gay people out there especially if someone nasty wants to get back to them. The same will apply if you call a black person N***r. That was my point.

And no need to call me dumb. Go educate your ignorant ass first and realise how much you miss on the real stuff that happens out there.
Gay peeps are being discrimanated against in the same way some blacks are. The only difference is you can’t tell a gay person from the multitude whereas you can see black people from a distance so to speak.
Hence if you kow someone’s gay — as I assume IW knew that guy was– and you want to hurt them , you’ll use any sort of slur that applies to homosexuals to hurt their feelings. The same things happens to black or other non- whites. Some peeps would wanna hurt or insult a black out of anger, hence use the N word. Tell me now, isn’t it the same? That was the point I was making. Racial discrimanation CAN be compared to homophobia. Now go get a book about it and educate yourself you dumdshit.

TR a crybaby? please!! I’d like to know how you would feel if you had to work with someone on a daily basis who not only choked your coworker, but has a past history of violent behavior and throws the f word around like it’s going out of style. Maybe you wouldn’t mind..change the scenario- what if it was your daughter or son or mother that had to work with this guy? I think you’d feel a whole lot differently if you or someone you loved was directly involved in his abusive behavior. ….

jocelyn
They’re exactly the same, you don’t choose your skin color or your sexual preferance – your born with it. And both words – N and F are said out hate and intolerance which you have to know is never ever OK…

shopgirl i understand your point. I think what jocelyn is trying to say though is that people see your skin color before they even meet you or get to know you, they don’t necessarily know that someone is gay if that person doesn’t tell them. they can assume all they want to, but it’s not a fact until they are told. it is easier to hide your sexual orientation than it is to hide your skin color.

in my crystal ball, i see... @ 06/09/2007 at 1:57 pm

The problem with this man is although he’s still handsome somewhat, he has aged over the past 10 or so years. He used to be a VERY FINE black man. I think he is jealous of his fellow actors, namely Mc Dreamy and Mc Steamy and how the white actors are getting all the attention. I feel his energy and he seems resentful that he’s not a major heartthrob. He thinks it is unfair.

What Isaiah did was wrong but I think the word slipped from his mouth, I mean, I don’t think it was intentional. Though it was necessary for him to apologize and to do all this stuff to be forgiven for this incident. And I agree with Burpie, this wasn’t none of Katherine Heigl stuff, she’d better have her mouth closed, she just added fuel on the fire. He’s human after all, everyone makes mistakes. That’s so hypocritical to have hime fired at the very end of the season. Why at the end ?! I hope there’s still a chance for him to come back, I don’t know him as a man, but I liked him as a character.

I think it is so unfair that Isaiah Washington got fired from Grey’s Anatomy. Each character makes the show such a huge hit, and firing Dr.Burke was the wrong move. I think he took full responsibility on the comment that he made toward T.R. Knight and the gay community. He went to rehab and made a public service announcement and he also apologized several times. In a way ABC is saying that Isaiah got fired due to his own personal opinion. Grey’s Anatomy will not be the same without him. I have watched Grey’s Anatomy every week, but without Dr.Burke I don’t think the show will be as great as it once was.

amanahill>BANGluvr @ 06/11/2007 at 3:45 pm

what happened to IW was wrong. TR and KH, should be fired too, and the execs are asses. Everyone is acting all selfrightoues now, like we have never made mistakes. The worst of us love to throw the first stones. If PD did this same thing they wouldn’t fire him, i wouldn’t want him to be fired, but they would never fire McDreamy. Yet IW apologizes and does everything to appease the ABC execs and they still fire him, after using him for the halfbaked season finale. I don’t know how they are gong to fix it next season (probably make cristina a tequila drinking ***** like meredith, or an adulterous winer like izzie) but I am not watching to see. Down with Shonda and all the ABC execs. As for all you self righteous wannabes, no one is perfect, and in time of transgressions we all beg for forgivness, forgive the guy!!!!

A ****** called a ****-pusher a ******. This was news?

A nig!ger called a tu!rd-pusher a fa!ggot. This was news?

The Enlightener @ 06/11/2007 at 8:47 pm

You don’t CHOOSE to be black or white or a woman or handicapped or any other minority. Despite the bullshyt that gays and these so-called scientific experts feed us that we gorge ourselves on, homosexuality, bisexuality (still gay) and every perverted variant thereof is a CHOICE! You do not have to remain that way as several ex-gays that were apparently that way ‘from birth’ have proclaimed, you choose to. They don’t want to change. It’s all over the net. They are working diligently to achieve minority status so they can justify their deviant and perverted lifestyles. All blacks, native americans, hispanics, women and every other TRUE minority should be outraged at homos trying to make themselves equal. But then again there is no other class of people that has more nerve than homos and they will stop at nothing to make their agenda reality.

The word slipped? Sorry, Words do not “slip” out, not unless prejudice is a part of your everyday thinking…

enlightenerisaFOOL @ 06/12/2007 at 2:15 am

Being gay is not a choice, no one in their right mind would choose to be targeted, discriminated against and still not have the same rights as straight folks.

Only a white person would say that racial and homosexual slurs are the same.

I think it was horrible that he called T.R Knight you-know-what…but I love Isaiah Washingtons character, so I am sad that his character won’t be on the show next season.

I dont think he should have been fired, who cares if he said something about the homosexuals, a lot of people say things they dont mean, and its not that big of a deal

I’m a lesbian and I think it’s ridiculous that they fired him. What happened to first amendment rights? No when complained when the character Alex said George punched like a girl. If you want to be all proud about being PC get mad about a statement like that too.

I don’t think I’ll be watching anymore.

The “guantlet” wasn’t enough due to the fact that he wasn’t fired soley for the “F” word. He also used that again at the Globes awards anyway so it was obviously not enough now was it? Besides all of that, he was fired for other aggresive situations including an altercation on set. Looking into Mr. Washingtons history you will find that he has been dismissed due to similar instances. I have been following this for a few days now, and have seen more “Lily White folk are afraid of well spoken black man” Comments than when Imus went on his last rant. If the African American community is so insistant on accountability in the media.. Then shouldn’t this include ALL outlets? The man is a violent homophoic bigot who thinks there is any court in the USA that would even hear him out ha! He is the one who sounds like the stereotypical redneck to me.

Okay so I totally am pissed about what happened like big time,
but seriously what is show gonna be like without his conflicts with Christina.
He just disappears and a new guy comes?
I’m not gonna lie but I hate when that happens on TV shows.
But T.R. Knight I support.
Oh I do love this show.

This is stupid, all the people who really watched the show knows that Dr. Burk was one of the main reasons people will miss everything important in their lives to watch Grey’s. Now, they fire the one person who can really act, i don’t know if the people here in Africa will appreciate this. Expect a major decrease in your viewer numbers. This has nothing to do with colour or how outspoken the guy is but something more, maybe he’s difficult to work with but he is a great actor and showed that he will do anything for the show by going on counselling and apologizing in public Still this firing “is a shocker of the year”

Cheers Grey’s you just lost AFRICA…

PLEASE READ this!!!How can people go on live TV and say they made up but the next year you FIRE the actor, in this case Isaiah.

“I lost my cool but it wasn’t coming out of a place of animus for Patrick or T.R. or anyone. It was coming out of a place of trying to stay focused about the work,” Isaiah says. “I’ve been working with these beautiful men for three years now and we had an argument as brothers. It came about at a time and a place that was overwhelming for both of us.”

Despite what reports said, Isaiah says the argument was just that. “What it was not, was a brawl,” he says. Isaiah says his reaction was below his personal standards and has apologized to the cast and crew.

When the argument broke out, James called a meeting to clear the air, as any good chief would. “We’re a family. … With families you have a beef. It was a beef, no more, no less,” James says. “We got a chance to go ahead and air some stuff. It was done, and we went back to work.”

Patrick says he thinks a lot of good came out of the argument. “I think what happens is we needed to just be open and be able to communicate and not let things build up,” Patrick says. “I think we’ve come to that point where it’s much freer to communicate with each other, and we’re more relaxed because of it. I think the whole company’s tighter.”

I never liked his charachter anyway,…and to make things worse he is now co starring in The Bionic Woman… to be honest with you… I would love to pop him right square in that deformed mouth of his. Actually, I think he was insanely jealous of Mr. Knight… wether he is gay or not.. I think that Mr Knight is a MAJOR hottie.. and if GA has Denzel Washington, instead of this loser we would definitely have us a killer show!

lol@ the Hypocritical Fans…Gees! No excuse for what I.Washginton did to TR. Knight thou’.

I actually liked Isaiah’s Character On Grey’s antomy.

Lets look at the shows numbers for next season…