Jen & Violet's Daily Dose of the Playground

Jen & Violet's Daily Dose of the Playground

Mommy talk show host-to-be Jennifer Garner makes her daily visit to a Pacific Palisades park on Thursday, playing with cute 18-month-old daughter Violet. An assistant walked beside the mommy-daughter duo carrying a few toys for the sandbox.

The Affleck-Garners recently came back from a trip to the East Coast. Hubby Ben Affleck recently gave a commencement speech to the Class of 2007 at Washington DC’s Falls Church High School.

Ben and Jen also dropped by Fenway Park to cheer on The Boston Red Sox.

10+ pictures inside of Jen and Violet at the park…

jennifer garner holding violet affleck 01
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 02
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 03
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 04
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 05
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 06
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 07
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 08
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 09
jennifer garner holding violet affleck 10

Getty

58 Responses to “Jen & Violet's Daily Dose of the Playground”

1. 1
    Erlyn Says:

Awww, Violet is such a doll! :)

2. 2
    tammy Says:

OhNo its Mommie Wierdest!!!And Genius!!Jennifer BarF-fleck!Peddling again I see!!

3. 3
    patty Says:

How wonderful to see what a mother is supposed to be to her child (children). You never see Violet out with nannies, or other care givers, Jen and Ben are REAL parents of an adorable little girl

4. 4
    Violette Says:

They are so Cute :)

5. 5
    Colbert ROCKS! Says:

Violet is rocking those violet boots!

6. 6
    tandy Says:

Uggmoe JG looking for viewers everywhere she turns isnt she?Tv-hack wit no talent.

7. 7
    possum Says:

Jen is so pale did she ever hear of a tan?And in her usual horrid style of dressing even for a z-list celeb can she ever wear anything nice?She is not a celeb she is a tactless talent.

8. 8
    jessica Says:

As soon as she gets out of the car for her called in photo shoot with the paps,she carries Violet.How convient.But she makes sure at least one of her 4 workers is there,one of her 4 nanies.

9. 9
    lottie Says:

Normal mom?What a joke she has millions and tons of helpers.This is fake and all for her new show.What a joke!

10. 10
    Yo Says:

I have NEVER seen at least one “celebrity” mom do everything by herself.

These “moms” have no idea how it is to be a real mom.

11. 11
    kate Says:

Totally boring woman. Pretending that she has no help and then dressing like **** all the time. Or maybe it’s a case of pretending to hire no help in order to look ordinary. Either way, I don’t even know why the paps dig to shoot her.

12. 12
    S. Says:

Ok, I know the weather is good and you should bring your baby out. But pimping it to the paps every other day? Buy a house with a garden and invite other kids for play dates,that kid needs socializing not pimping.

13. 13
    Mediterranean Says:

I can’t happen to like her.

14. 14
    Sarah Says:

Looks like the nanny is shooting the paps a bird.

15. 15
    Lisa Says:

Violet is so cute. Love seeing her out with her parents. Is the lady carrying the toys a nanny? I’m glad that Jen is carryihng Violet. She seems to be a hands on mom. I like that.

16. 16
    :p Says:

Cute baby. =)

17. 17
    mimi Says:

18. 18
    mystique Says:

I love them!
    Very normal family and Violet is a happy baby.

19. 19
    TC Says:

Very adorable mother-daughter team. I wish I am with them. I want to be their friend.

20. 20
    ladydiane Says:

I saw them in the airport. Very attractive and happy family. Very friendly. I want to be thier friend, too.

21. 21
    Brad is gay with lung cancer Says:

awww….the jealous Loons hate Garner because she’s known to be the better mom. The mom Jolie will never be.

22. 22
    Maria Says:

Oh my gosh! Violet has grown so much. how time flies!

23. 23
    Sofia So. Says:

Time doesn’t fly, it drives and it loves taking shortcuts.

24. 24
    Stacey Says:

I like them, and Violet is adorable. I am however, starting to think this is a little weird. Part of me thinks, well maybe she doesn’t want to let the paparazzi change what she’s doing. Why should she have to change for them? And the other part of me is like, why is she constantly pimping out her kid? She knows the photogs are getting tons of great publicity pics for her. And that is great news for her since she suddenly wants to do a show about parenting. Can’t she build a private playground in her back yard? But then I guess she wouldn’t have the experience of socializing with other kids. But you’d think she’d want some privacy once in a while! Phew. Well I just argued with myself there, can you tell I’m conflicted on this one?

25. 25
    rox Says:

Finally somethins other than Brad and Angelina

26. 26
    julia Says:

That is Jen’s Assitant, not a Nanny
    Get your Facts right

Jen is the Best Mum Ever!
    Violet is Gorgeous

27. 27
    Sofia So. Says:

Jen’s Assitant who is doing a nanny job LOL

Stacey yes I can and they are not worth it. Such a boring family.

28. 28
    Rii Says:

I like Jennifer, she’s a great mother and wonderful person. The bond between Jennifer and adorable Violet is so clear, so much love between this mother and daughter.

29. 29
    grace Says:

She looks so pale and starved especially on the 9th pic!OMG!She shoould eat a bit more!She is soooo masculine!I doubt that Ben likes that!She´s pimping Violet around that´s all!She is ALWAYS going to the Pacific Palasides Park!Of course she gets photographed!The paps know that she´s going there every time!She has millions fo dollars she can drive to 100 different places and I agree with you S.!She can wear a bit better clothes and put a BIT make up on like every normal mother does!But she totally let herself go!She´s a attention seeking,sad,desperated,old-looking women!

30. 30
    Nina Says:

Say what you will about their clothes, their faces, whatever — but that child is besotted with her mother, and her mother is crazy about the child. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many instances of a celebrity mother and her kid so utterly involved with each other, and Violet paying that much attention and laughing and playing with her mother isn’t something that can be stage-managed.

Kids like routine. They like “their” park or “their” playground, where the swings are familiar and the slide’s the right colour. Good for Jen for placing her child’s routine above the attentions of paparazzi, and for utterly ignoring them in almost every case. Every child should be so lucky to have such a boring mom who plays with her child and is freely affectionate on a regular basis.

31. 31
    Rii Says:

This picture just melts my heart! So beautiful, true and honest mom and daughter moment. Grace, you might like it too.:)

32. 32
    Goddess Says:

O.K. if Denise Richardson does this she is a media
    ho, or heaven forbid if Gwyneth is out with her cherubs, but Jen out everyday is not doing the same thing?

The Garner/Afflecks are trying to build up their reps that were hammered a few years back, I am not buying that it is natural to see her everyday at the park with an average looking child.

33. 33
    Jeannie Says:

I must be a dope- but how come I can never see the pictures?!

34. 34
    mmom Says:

This is just my opinion. Ben Affleck is a very intelligent guy who still had some “oats to sow” while with JLO-They apparently were not for each other. Jennifer Garner was a little confused and did not understand that a man can be her “savior” for every little problem she had (she said so in an interview). Somehow these two ended up together which was a blessing for both. Ben is from a normal family-not a hollywood family-His mother loves him very much and was soooo there for him when his wedding to JLO was called off-Jennifer is rfom West Va. She was raised like most of us were with parents and siblings and the whole nine yards. What I find interesting is that some of you criticize her for wearing the same clothes you do during your down time. Some of us are women and I think we need to be careful for what we allow ourselves to believe. JG is no Jackie Kennedy-She will not be glamourous every time you see her because she is just as real as we are. Some women are content with who they are in the inside so they don’t have to CONVINCE you that they are good, pretty, wonderful and fabulous! When you know who you are and you accept it, you have nothing to prove. There are a lot of ppl in HW who would love to be as content with themselves as she is-You know it’s all just “fluff” ppl run to HW to be “famous” and they end up disillusioned and depressed. That’s why so many of them have issues. The Afflecks should just take their money and run!

35. 35
    lula29 Says:

mmom,

Oh please. Jennifer Garner is not the standard. She is unattractive. She can’t act.

The assumption that everyone reading this board grew up the way she did or wants to live the way she does is ludicrious. She can dress better without looking “all dressed up”. Example of mothers who don’t look like hell everytime the walk out the door:

Courtney Cox
    Brooke Sheilds
    Heidi Klum
    Kate Hudson
    Sarah Jessica Parker (grew up dirt poor and one of 10 kids from Ohio, but still knows how to dress herself).
    Cindy Crawford (originally from Iowa)
    Katie Holmes

And so many more . . .

Jennifer Garner is average in comparison. She has no real appeal expect to other average women who want to believe everyone else lives like them and sees the world the way they do.

I don’t aspire to be her, nor do I identify.

36. 36
    grace Says:

37. 37
    Grace Says:

You guys are wacked. Pale is healthy. Tan equals damaged skin.

38. 38
    Too Much Said Says:

lula29 | 06/08/2007 at 11:51 am
    “mmom,

Courtney Cox
    Brooke Sheilds
    Heidi Klum
    Kate Hudson
    Cindy Crawford (originally from Iowa)
    Katie Holmes

And so many more . . .

I don’t aspire to be her, nor do I identify.”

grace | 06/08/2007 at 3:47 pm
    “I´m definitely with you lula29!And these pics seem like there for just for the paps!And of course is Violet looking at Jen or laughs with her!It´s her mother!She´s not the best mom I´ve seen and she´s not a role model!I know moms with regular jobs and NO nannies and they are looking more attractive than her!She´s unhappy!That´s what happens if you try to keep your man by getting pregnant!It doesn´t work!”

Just like these Garner-bashing losers to kiss each other’s butts by praising each other every time they trash Garner with no proof to back up their crap.

lula29, why attack Garner for her looks when I doubt very much that you’re better-looking than she is in the first place? Look in the mirror sometime before you attack someone who doesn’t deserve that kind of treatment from a know-nothing. As for her acting, Garner is a better actor than you give her credit for…if you’re going to belittle her acting skills, you should give acting on TV and in the movies a try and see how far you get. It’s not an easy profession to accomplish, but Garner worked hard to get where she is today, while you’d probably fall flat on your face.

And grace, Garner’s also a much better mother and more of a positive role model than those actresses you probably like (particularly Britney Spears, who is one of the LAST people who should be looked up to as a role model for mothers). Garner leads by example by living a good life and being a good mother to Violet, and the reason you attack her unjustly is because you can’t handle that she’s doing a good job with mothering and you’re envious and bitter about it. As for you claiming that she and Violet are just “posing” for the paparazzi, they never asked for those vultures to follow them along snapping photos the whole time, and you’re clueless if you believe otherwise.

mimi | 06/07/2007 at 8:25 pm
    “Jen is a pretty lady and Violet is adorable. She is the luckiest celebrity baby out there because she gets to live a half way normal life, going to the park etc. Playing in the backyard is boring to kids, the park is where they want to be. I know I’ve got 3. Good for you Jen– YOU ARE A GREAT MOM. Sorry you’ve got some jealous *******! Vartan hags probably.”

Now that I can agree on.

The majority of those insulting Garner needlessly here are those who’d been following the Garner/Vartan relationship and let their imaginations color it by imposing a fairy-tale illusion of the Sydney/Vaughn relationship from Alias onto the real-life one, and when the fangirls’ fantasy got shattered when Garner/Vartan ended, they couldn’t handle it and they chose to unfairly scapegoat Garner and make all sorts of nasty and untrue allegations about her out of spite.

Garner/Vartan has been over for like three years now, and these fair-weather fans STILL choose to be bitter, resentful and jealous toward Garner over a shattered illusion they had of a relationship, borrowed off of Alias? I got news for that group…IT’S ONLY A TV SHOW, for Pete’s sake! Grow up, get over it, get a life and move on, and quit blaming Garner for your own shortcomings as individuals.

39. 39
    jen Says:

Too Much Said,

40. 40
    Too Much Said Says:

jen | 06/08/2007 at 7:10 pm
    “Too Much Said,
    please follow your own advice, get a life, stop seeing Garner/Vartan fans everywhere, grow up and get over Garner. She doesn´t care about you, she doesn´t need you to defend her. She has other people for that (her lawyer, her publicist, her husband). All she needs from you is your money: if you love her so much then go see her movies because she desperately needs someone to watch her work.”

Typical of a Vartan fangirl who doesn’t like being confronted with the truth to throw it back in the face of those who give it to her.

As I was saying, you’re the one who needs to grow up, get a life and get over the Garner/Vartan relationship…it’s been over three years already, so deal with it and move on. And if you think Garner doesn’t care about her fans, then you’re even stupider than I first figured.

41. 41
    Good Grief Says:

“Too Much Said” you clearly have a one-track mind when it comes to defending your idol, Jennifer Garner, which is primarily accusing all who post here of being resentful of the Garner/Vartan relationship ending. Have you ever stopped to think there are many of us who were not into that relationship but were quite aware of how quickly a marriage ended, a relationship began, a relationship ended, and another relationship began. You can defend her until the chickens come home to roost but you’ll never change our minds on the reasons we do not like Jennifer Garner. And trust me, there are many valid reasons (and I emphasize valid) why I, personally, do not like the woman. The only kind thing I can force myself to say about her is that she is obviously a good mother and Violet is a cute child.

42. 42
    Too Much Said Says:

If you and other Garner-bashers are that closed-minded about her, that’s your loss, but none of the reasons you claim you hate her for are valid because none of them are true.

43. 43
    Good Grief Says:

44. 44
    lula29 Says:

45. 45
    Good Grief Says:

46. 46
    Too Much Said Says:

Good Grief | 06/09/2007 at 7:53 am
    “Too Much Said, you don’t have a clue what the valid reasons are of why I dislike her which, BTW, have never been publicly mentioned in the tabs, via the media, discussed on a message board, or mentioned in the comments posted here or other blog sites. Fact is, they never will be. Having said that, it is certainly not my loss for disliking her due to “close mindedness.””

That’s because you don’t have anything to mention…you have NO valid reasons for hating Jennifer Garner, you got nothing, period. And yes, it is your loss for being closed-minded AND ignorant about her.

lula29 | 06/09/2007 at 1:10 pm
    “Hate is a strong word. I don’t like her as an actress, I think she’s cr*ap. I don’t believe she’s “Mother of the Year” and I’m irritated by the fact that this is her only real claim to fame these days, that, plus the fact that she supposedly “saved” Ben Affleck from the evil J.Lo.

I don’t think their marriage is much to rave about, but this is really just my speculation, so I’ll readily admit that, but Hate, no.”

Good Grief | 06/09/2007 at 1:36 pm
    “Thank you, lula29, for bringing up the word “hate.” I meant to mention in my last post that there’s a huge difference in hating as opposed to disliking. I don’t hate Jennifer but I do dislike her.”

Yep, more Garner-hater butt-kissing going on here.

lula29, if you’re going to criticize Garner for her acting, I suggest that you try giving acting a shot and see how far you get…few make it in that profession, and Garner is one of those who beat the odds, but the chances are more likely than not that you wouldn’t make it. As for your criticism of her for being a good mother to her daughter…what’s wrong, jealous because she does a better job than other celebrity moms (like Britney Spears)?

47. 47
    Good Grief Says:

48. 48
    Too Much Said Says:

Good Grief | 06/09/2007 at 7:48 pm
    “Too Much Said, ya’ know somethin’…you sound like a total idiot and I am beginning to think you’re not playing with a full deck. You might consider seeing a shrink for your obsession of being the defender of Jennifer Garner. I doubt seriously Ms. Garner needs an obsessed fan defending her especially when she’s paying her publicist lots of bucks to maintain her “lily-white” image. And trust me, she’s gotten her money’s worth.”

The only idiots on this forum are those who insult, bash and lie about Jennifer Garner, and they’re also the only ones who are obsessed…obsessed with doing all of the above-mentioned. And that, Good Grief, also includes you.

Do you small-minded Garner-bashers feel like big women (or men) and better people when you make unfounded personal attacks against a woman who has done nothing to you to deserve venom being spewed in her direction by minds that do nothing but hate? Just because you hate yourselves and your lives and you’re bitter and miserable, that does not give you the right or reason to take unreasonable hatred out on Garner.

Yet, to the immature minds of these young and clueless women who come here to spread their useless bile, they look at Garner, a successful and confident woman and mother, and they think they know her. Just because of her celebrity status, they’ve created a whole idea of who she is and how she lives, and they’ve decided, in their blind self-hatred and their delusion, that it’s okay for them to hate her.

These types should be striving constantly to better themselves and the world around them, just as Garner does, but they choose instead to be bitter and miserable and to tear down people like Garner because they can’t stand the idea of someone who is a genuinely decent, happy and caring person like she is, and they’d rather see her as miserable as they are.

If your type wants to be resentful and jealous, keep it to yourselves…don’t try to project your attitudes onto Garner here and portray her as someone that she is not.

49. 49
    grace Says:

to too much said:
    I don´t know why you always bring up Britney speras and then JG!?Are there only there two?And BTW Britney isn´t my role model not a bit!But JG isn´t my role model either I have no celeb as my role model because I don´t know these people!What I know about them is their image,created by their counsellors and managers. You can´t tell from pics that she is a good mother because you don´t see them at home!?Or dou you?She has a lot of helpers otherwise she couldn´t do that job!She is not more than 1/2 hours at that park!Probably her nanny lives with them,maybe in a sererated house!That´s just the way it goes!There aren´t just “devil” Britney Spears or “Angel” JG!What´s about the other celeb moms(lula29 mentioned) I don´t see ANY celeb baby as often as Violet.Nobody was interested in JG´s pregnancy or not that much like in Angies or Katies(and I´m not a fan of both so don´t come with that) maybe Garner couldn´t bear that!

50. 50
    Too Much Said Says:

grace | 06/10/2007 at 4:43 am
    “to too much said:
    I don´t know why you always bring up Britney speras and then JG!?Are there only there two?And BTW Britney isn´t my role model not a bit!But JG isn´t my role model either I have no celeb as my role model because I don´t know these people!What I know about them is their image,created by their counsellors and managers. You can´t tell from pics that she is a good mother because you don´t see them at home!?Or dou you?She has a lot of helpers otherwise she couldn´t do that job!She is not more than 1/2 hours at that park!Probably her nanny lives with them,maybe in a sererated house!That´s just the way it goes!”

You sure as hell can’t tell that Garner isn’t a good mother from the pics because you don’t know her at all (including the fact that she does NOT have a nanny at all), so quit presuming to think that you do and quit making up lies about her.

51. 51
    Good Grief Says:

To Much Said’s last post:

52. 52
    grace Says:

Good Grief …post which is only a repeat of your many posts before.

so right!

too much said!

53. 53
    Good Grief Says:

54. 54
    Get a Life Says:

Info for Too Much Said:

55. 55
    whatever Says:

_______________________________

That is for sure! I saw so many pics of baby Violet almost from the get go. Ben was so boastful of how HIS CHILD had never been on the cover of a magazine, yet his child had been IN THE MAGAZINES(including People) far more than those babies ON the magazine covers.
    Plus, it might have been a good thing to allow a baby pic and then give the money to charity, instead of having the paps get the money.

Frankly, not too many magazines were after a pic of an Affleck\Garner baby…This changed a little only once they saw how cute she was.. and how much money is made from pics these days of ANY celeb child.

Jennifer Garner is just lucky that she isnt as famous as Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie..Or Britney Spears. She can walk around pretty freely.. go to the park with only one photographer following. Of course she isnt being as harrassed so she can afford to “look” like a normal mom out with her beloved child. Not saying she doesnt love her baby.. or isnt a good mom.. I think she does and is, but I dont think she is any more than other celeb moms.

56. 56
    Too Much Said Says:

Here we go again (rolls eyes).

Good Grief | 06/10/2007 at 8:50 am
    “To Much Said’s last post:

Obviously Ms. Garner is not too confident with her life. She continues seeing a therapist. Other than that, a great big YAWN to your entire post which is only a repeat of your many posts before.”

She’s a hell of a lot more confident with her life than you and other Garner-haters are with your own, to judge from your constant attacks against her.

grace | 06/10/2007 at 9:36 am
    “Good Grief …post which is only a repeat of your many posts before.

so right!

too much said!

Or course she has got nannies!!Every time she is out there´s almost another women with her!She DOES have nannies!That´s for sure that´s so clear like water is wet!I don´t understand why you always defend the fact that she has obviously help!Or how can she shoot a movie then all day long(like her up coming movies)or the last alias episodes(violet was a little baby there)!Who paied attetion then?A nanny of course!Like every other celebrtiy mother,too!And I saw a video from her and Violet at tha park with that women(doesn´t matter if she´s her assistant or nanny)Violet laughs with that women al lot and she seems very familiar with her!Believe it or not but don´t close your eyes from reality!”

Uh, who’s got their eyes closed to reality? It’s not me, that’s for sure…it’s definitely you.

Good Grief | 06/10/2007 at 10:03 am
    “Garner does have a nanny who is on call 24/7, which fact Garner herself revealed in an interview. Too Much Said, you don’t know as much about Garner as you think you know…only what you want to believe.”

And yet you do exactly what you accuse me of…you’re the one who only THINKS you know Garner and believes only what you want to about her (based on gossip, rumors and lies), but you really don’t. BTW, where’s the proof about this “interview” you claim she did, huh?

Get a Life | 06/10/2007 at 10:06 am
    “Info for Too Much Said:

Jennifer does have a nanny who is on call 24/7, a fact which she revealed in an interview. And yet you pretend to know all there is to know about Jennifer.”

While I’m at it, Good Grief, you should also quit pretending to be other posters who regurgitate the same crap that you just posted before. I think you can’t handle the truth being told about Jennifer, so you’re going into denial…in which case I advise you to reread post 48.

57. 57
    Carine Says:

I taste of the work of the Jen, it is an excellent actress.

58. 58
    The Shoveller Says:

Can’t go wrong with the pictures because they look good (just like Jen does), though the nasty comments left below the photos by a few small-minded, envious pinheads leave a lot to be desired and reflect their true natures.
    In any case, what you think is the “truth” about her is really a lie that you got from the tabloids and gossip websites, and since you refuse to see it for what it really is and would rather be ignorant about the truth, then you’re just plain stupid.
    Preferring wannabes like Britney and Paris Hilton over Jen would also be like preferring an expired can of Spam over chicken cordon bleu, or like choosing American Idol over Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns.
    Both Jen and BMWs have something else in common – what you see with them is what you get.