Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Akon - "Sorry, Blame it on Me" Lyrics

Akon -

Akon has released his apology song called “Sorry, Blame it on Me” in response to the suggestive video of him dancing with an underage fan during one of his concerts in Trinidad.

He publicly apologizes to his tourmate, Gwen Stefani, who lost Verizon as a sponsor because of this incident. No release date has been set for the the song but you can download the Akon‘s “Sorry, Blame it on Me” MP3. Check out the lyrics below!

AKON – “SORRY, BLAME IT ON ME”

As life goes on I’m starting to learn more and more about responsibility
I realize everything I do is affecting the people around me
So I want to take this time out and apologize for things I have done
And things that have not occurred yet
And the things they don’t want to take responsibility for

I’m sorry for the times I left you home
I was on the road and you were alone
I’m sorry for the times that I had to go
I’m sorry for the fact that I did not know
That you were sitting home just wishing we
Could go back to when it was just you and me
I’m sorry for the times I would neglect
I’m sorry for the times I disrespect

I’m sorry for the wrong things that I’ve done
I’m sorry I’m not always there for my son
I’m sorry for the fact that I am not aware
That you can’t sleep at night when I am not there
Because I am in the streets like everyday
Sorry for the things that I did not say
Like how you are the best thing in my world
And how I am so proud to call you my girl

(Bridge)
I understand that there are some problems
And I am not too blind to know
All the pain you kept inside you
Even though you might not show
If I can apologize for being wrong
Then it’s just a shame on me
I’ll be the reason for your pain and you can put the blame on me

Chorus
You can put the blame on me (4x)
Said you can put the blame on me (3x)
You can put the blame on me

Sorry for the things that he put you through
And all the times you didn’t know what to do
Sorry that you had to go and sell those packs
Just trying to stay busy till you heard from Dad
And you would rather be home with all your kids
As one big family with love and bliss
And even though Pops treated us like kings

He got a second wife and you didn’t agree
He got up and left you there all alone
I’m sorry that you had to do it on your own
I’m sorry that I went and added to your grief
I’m sorry that your son was once a thief
I’m sorry that I grew up way too fast
I wish I would’ve listened and not be so bad
I’m sorry your life turned out this way
I’m sorry the FEDS came and took me away

(Bridge)

I’m sorry that it took so long to see
They were dead wrong trying to put it on me
I’m sorry that it took so long to speak
But I was on tour with Gwen Stefani
I’m sorry for the hand that she was dealt
For the embarrassment that she felt

Just a little young girl trying to have fun
Her daddy should never let her out that young
I’m sorry for Club Zen getting shut down
I hope they manage better next time around
How was I to know she was underage
Enter 21 you know the club they say
Why doesn’t anybody wanna take blame
For rising back out disgracing my name
I’m just a singer trying to entertain
Because I love my fans I’ll take that blame
Even though the blame’s on you (3x)
I’ll take that blame from you

And you can put that blame on me (2x)
You can put that blame on me
And you can put that blame on me

Photos: Kevin Winter/Getty
Posted to: Akon, Gwen Stefani

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All
African girl @ 06/14/2007 at 2:30 pm

What a stupid thing to do?

What a rad thing to do, owning up for mistakes and willing to put things you don’t think are your fault on your shoulders anyway in a genuine way. Right on Akon.

Cause he had any other choice?

The guys a pedo.

She should have turned around and fired him publicly.

alwaysright @ 06/14/2007 at 3:35 pm

Akon is a huge idiot. This song and the lyrics are so hypocrite! First he appologises and all and then in the end of the song he revokes all the things he said; “Even though the blame’s on you
I’ll take that blame from you”. So what if the girl was underaged. That kind of behavior is not acceptable even if it was an adult woman! I just don´t get people who adore him. c´mon, little kids watch what he does on gigs from tv and they think it is acceptable. Thanks akon from ruin children. Just think about if some man would do the same thing to your sister, daughter, mother, cousin etc. before when you think what´s cool and funny.

Akon should GROW UP and try to learn some manners!
Akon, please, leave Gwen alone. Nobody needs or wants you to entertain.

He should have waited and added a verse apologizing for throwing that kid off the stage

It sounds like a backhanded apology…he apologized because he was forced to not because he was truly sorry…he really didn’t take the blame for his actions…that’s just sad.

It's not all black and white @ 06/14/2007 at 4:07 pm

he’s a thug.

luvmebabe @ 06/14/2007 at 4:09 pm

LOSER!!!

He’s full of sh-t. It’s clear he doesn’t feel bad about any of it:

I’m just a singer trying to entertain
Because I love my fans I’ll take that blame
Even though the blame’s on you (3x)
I’ll take that blame from you

Whatever.

Get a Bowl cut @ 06/14/2007 at 4:44 pm

“For rising back out disgracing my name
I’m just a singer trying to entertain
Because I love my fans I’ll take that blame
Even though the blame’s on you (3x)”

Uhhhh…. and that’s an apology HOW???

I love Gwen.Not to familiar with him.But she should tell him to take a hike.Thanks but no thanks!Tell him Gwen.I mean is he being serious or what?

Are you ******* kidding me?! This guy simulated the RAPE of a teenage girl. She went up there to dance for a “prize” trip to Africa. He then said, in fact, he was the prize. He grabbed her, threw her on the floor, held her there against her will (as she struggled to get free he banged her head repeatedly on the damn floor), spread her legs, and then began to thrust her. Jared, I usually love your site, but calling a simulated RAPE “dancing suggestively” is beyond the pale. I doubt you’d be happy if someone referred to gay bashing as just friendly “rough housing.”

Poor girl. She thought it was just a dance. SHE got blamed for what HE did, too (She was wearing “provocative” clothes and too “good looking” so naturally this excuses an adult male for getting “carried away.”). This is just bullshit. Blaming a kid for something as sick as this is too ******* much.

Oh, and one more thing: rape is not just being impolite to all those asshats out there that find it hilarious. It’s not a war crime for nothing.

That’s not an apology! Not when you say sorry which is immediatly followed by blaming the young girls dad, then the club and then your fans.

“Why doesn’t anybody wanna take blame
For rising back out disgracing my name
I’m just a singer trying to entertain
Because I love my fans I’ll take that blame
Even though the blame’s on you”

Why not be a man Akon and actually step up and offer a real apology – to your fans, to the underage girl, to Gwen and to the fan you tossed around like he was human garbage!!!!!!! Then again, you’re not a man, you’re just a little boy……

Not only is Akon a talentless hack, he’s a criminal! His behavior should not be tolerated period, not by either kid’s parents (both kids are minors!!!) and certainly not by the police!
This song is in no way, shape or form an apology – I’d go so far as to call it an ANTI-apology

Folks – please do not reward his inexcusable behavior. Don’t buy his CD’ ‘s and don’t go to his concerts. Abusive pedophiles do not deserve a forum of any type much less our hard-earned $.

I was very disappointed in Gwen for not kicking him off the tour after the first incident. She is showing she doesn’t care much about the fans either. Akon is pure trash and Gwen, she’s just a coward!

Namewithheld @ 06/14/2007 at 10:53 pm

I worked at the concert where the fan throwing occured…and this is a FAMILY concert. In the 13 shows that KFEST has put on, nothing like this has ever happened. Usually the artists are great, some even come and hang out with us during the show. Akon though he was the “man” and could do whatever he wanted. Picking up that kid (who is prob 100 lbs soaking wet) was the worst thing I have ever witnessed.

Akon thinks fame gets him a free ticket to do whatever he wants.
I hope he gets sued and tossed in jail for assault of a minor and engdangering a child.

Akon=rapist @ 06/14/2007 at 11:02 pm

Like the poster above said, are you kidding me?????
This idiot did not simply dry hump a young girl in Trinidad like the media is reporting, he acted out a rape. Watch the video on youtube, he had TWO guys hold her down. The girl is 14!! 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idontsupportpedophiles @ 06/14/2007 at 11:06 pm

This was not an apology. Don’t support this brainless thug, Hit him where it wil hurt him most, in the wallet. Don’t download his songs and don’t buy his music!

You’re right nothing speaks louder than your money or lack thereof!
Don’t let this guy get away with this! Write and email Gwen Stefani and her management and demand that Akon be removed from the tour.

If Gwen Stefani were smart, especially now that she is a mom herself…she should fire Akon from her tour…her acceptance of his behavior and further promotion of him on her tour only supports his behavior and condones it.

His song is nothing but an attempt at trying to stay in the spotlight. He needs to quit.

His behaviors are wrong, sick and should not be tolerated!!!

even tho the act was wrong and totally unacceptable wat the hell is that underage girl doin in that club?!! If She had manners and behaved herslelf she woulda been home like a good lil girl!! now look wa happened! tut…..i mean if she wasnt underage the story wouldnt have got blown up as much as it did…and he’s right why aint the club takin some of the blame??

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All