Whoopi, Sherri Shepherd Join 'The View'

Whoopi, Sherri Shepherd Join 'The View'

Comedians Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd are joining The View next season, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Final negotiations for the comic duo are underway and an official announcement is expected next week. The current View hosts include Barbara Walters, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. The other strong contender was comedian Kathy Griffin.

Whoppi and Sherri guest co-hosted The View together earlier this month — Monday, July 9.

You can catch Sherri “guest co-host” again this Friday with guests John Travolta and Queen Latifah.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the new View hosts? Will you tune in?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
PARASITE FILTHON @ 07/27/2007 at 12:02 am

IT WILL BE MADNESS ON THE VIEW.. THAT SHERI IS CRAZY.. AND WHOOPI IS VERY WELL VERSED.

I SEE A WHOOPI VS HASSLECRACK CLASH!!

Yay for Sherri. Boo for Whoopi.

where is Brangelina?

I love the idea of Whoopi, but not so much that other lady.

Kathy would’ve been great! I so would tune in every morning for that.

don't think so @ 07/27/2007 at 12:15 am

I don’t watch it now .
Can not listen to Elizard Biz.
Maybe since Whoopi is on, maybe, naw only when ELizard Biz is’nt on it.

Absolutely NOT!!!!

No no no no. I cant believe that. How boring is that, Sherri is okay , but I feel she doesnt have much to contribute. I love Kathy, it would have been funny as **** to hear her speak her outrageous mind, Boooo . But for a show called “The View” seems you cant even have one otherwise you get slammed for just having an opinion. This show is going downhill nowwww.. im not watching anymore. P.S Walters is an idiot.

AWESOME!!! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! WOOHOOOOO!

Sherri Shepherd is so funny. This is really going to bring flavor to the show.

[~Famous~] @ 07/27/2007 at 12:29 am

Sherri’s cool, but Whoopi’s a bore. Kathy Griffin would of made that show HOT.

They better start looking for a replacement for Barbara, cause her old ass be lost up there.

I was hoping for Ross the intern. Why should a vajayjay be a pre-requisite?

I Love the idea! Now if they would only get rid of Elizabeth

love Sheri Shepherd!! i like Whoppi too but not for The View. Kathy would have been great!! I LOVE HER!!! I would have liked to see maybe Meredith come back.

chucklehead @ 07/27/2007 at 12:51 am

love sheri shepherd but i hate that show and nothing could possibly make me watch it.

I’m happy for Whoopi, but I was really rooting for Kathy. Oh well.

Sherri is funny and a breath of fresh air. Kathy would have been great. But..

WHOOPIE? Shes a SNOOZE FEST!! Ive seen plenty of her guest episodes and I LITERALLY fell asleep. Bring back Rosie. I have a feeling this next season will see a plunge in the ratings.

NO WAY –

not as long as that vapid little twit Elizabitch is on. It would be one thing if she were capable of having an independent thought or even presenting an interesting counter point however she is a whiny and petulant child.
such an embarrassment to intelligent Republican women.

Where is MANISTON? This could have been the perfect job for her. She would FINALLY be employed again, give her fans a fix to see Rachel on tv again!! Perfect!! And finally, she would be seen by the Mini Van Majority which make up her core fans!!!

Let’s start a letter campaign to ABC for her to guest co-host when Elisab**ch goes on maternity leave!!!

Kathy Griffin would probably be as controversial as Rosie in her off color jokes.

Whoopi would have been ok 15 years ago but now I think she is too tame for my taste.

The Sherri woman I don’t get.

BTW, my girlfriend who is a hot African-American girl was upset that none of the black women on TV talk shows are sexual. I hatte to agree with her but it’s true:why not Gabrielle Union, Garcelle Beauvais, Vanessa Williams, or models Beverly Johnson and Iman??? WHy does middle America need to have homely and often heavyset women of color on their TV sets – is it a threat to have them supermodel hot?

I know I may have started something here – just thought it was accurate. Sherri has that Oprah “fat girl” I am not threatening thing and Whoopi – well she is just your funny drinking pal but what about Iman??? She would be perfect!

So I vote for Iman!!!

Maniston is too ugly for morning TV. Friends was at night because peopel had the whole day to prepare for her gory chin but mornings with Maniston? There is not enough caffeine in the world for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

take off that view @ 07/27/2007 at 2:04 am

Aniston would think she is to good 4 that show.
Kathy G.would have been a better choice her and Sheri, I guess.
Never will watch it unless they loose the tantrum throwing gotta have her way evil fug biz Hasseltongue. She disgusts me. Won’t ever watch it. Unless the ‘Rock is on it’.Then I’m all bright eyed and excited!

This reminds me of the time, Sports Illustrated finally put a black woman on the cover of the swimsuit issue (Tyra Banks), but made themselves look like scared little bigoted wusses by making a supermodel like Tyra SHARE her first groundbreaking cover with some unknown non-spectacular white chick. People were so irate, I recall Tyra got a solo cover that next year.

Well, as with Tyra, it appaears ABC/Disney/The View wants to dilute Whoopie (especially in an election year with a black man running for Prez) with the fat black conservative acting (I say ‘acting’ not ‘sounding’ because she doesn’t stalk much), this Sherrie person.(who the f**k is she anyway?? I know of a LOT of black female comedic talent, and I’ve never even HEARD of her aSS before she started sitting in with the View chicks, playing fat Star jr.)

Well, they can forget ratings — they’re gonna SUCK huge donkey balls.

‘Team Lara Croft’ I totally agree with you. That Sheri person is f**king terrible, she was on the Hasselbeck/Rosie throwdown sitting in one day – or was it a Kathy Griffin View show…anyway, she was STUPID, and contributed jacksh*t, and kept trying to be Ms. conservative black woman – coming down on the wrong side of issues, when she did finally open her mouth instead of just mugging for the camera…from what I could see she just came off as a fat, black version of Hasselbeck.

They just want a tamer more malleable version of the old Star Jones (when she was fat) – it makes old Babs and the other b*tches feel good about themselves to look across at her big aSS every day. She’ll dilute whatever Whoopie will be saying that might be important, controversial re politics, so that the core white folks won’t think Whoopie’s pov is shared by the black community on the whole.

Dear dumbed down ABC, playing it safe with a gagged version of a less interesting Star Jones clone, who you ONLY brought on to nullify Whoopie, with her conserrvatism, that woman will not get you ratings. What a turnoff…

Like someone said, one nitwit who doesn’t believe in evolution is ENOUGH (hasself**k) we don’t need two of them.

I won’t be watching.

these 2?
ppfft how boring
they could have picked way better people

The RIGHT choice was made. Sherri Shepard is non-confrontational. She is harmless, a mother to a preemie, she is a forgiving wife to a cheating husband who got another woman pregnant, and last but not least the viewers love her. When Sherri is on, the show is easy to watch and she engages the audience. Viewers write in with positive comments about her.
The viewers encouraged her to take her cheating husband back. She is also a praying woman.

Whoopi brings reason and maturity to the show. She does not get hostile. She is well received and liked by OLDER viewers. Whoopi is a standby, she has been in the game for a long time.

This is going to be a hoot. YOu think Rosie was bad. Elizabeth better buckle up and Barbara better stock up on the meds. Two outspoken sistas, yummy.

I personally think that the panel was a little bland. Thank God for a little chocolate…

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All