Star Jones: I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery

Star Jones: I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery

Star Jones Reynolds says in a new interview that her dramatic weight-loss was due to gastric-bypass surgery, and that she dodged questions about it for years because she was “scared of what people might think of me.”

Star, 45, tells the September issue of Glamour magazine she was “intentionally evasive” when people asked how she’d dropped 160 pounds in three years.

And she loves Burger King!! Said Star, “Whenever I felt lonely, a Double Whopper cheeseburger became my friend. If I felt sad, six strips of bacon made me feel better…but I convinced myself I was phat, not fat.”

Star‘s interview with Glamour hits newsstands everywhere August 7th.

Photos: Jeff Gentner/Getty
Posted to: Star Jones

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
[~Famous~] @ 07/31/2007 at 3:35 pm

Ummm.. Didn’t everybody already know that? I’m wondering why she’s stating the obvious.

Are you sure that’s her?!

all together now…. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

By the way I don’t live in the USA, so I wouldn’t have known.

I don’t like her and never have. But I’m very pleased to hear that she is now stating the obvious. Everyone knew she had gastric bypass. Its about time she came clean and admitted it. Good for her. Being a thick woman is one thing, but being a fat pig is a whole different ballgame. She was risking her health.

1 [~Famous~] : 07/31/2007 at 3:35 pm

———————————————–
Wkat kind a person you are? How many people you hate?

Dirty Cougar @ 07/31/2007 at 3:48 pm

No-Duh!!! How else can you become normal thin after, being a FAT pig like she was? I don’t know why she kept it such a big secret? She’s better off and should feel good she, not only looks way better but, is in way better health.

she’s doing this to get publicity since no one cares. this isn’t news.

missouri girl @ 07/31/2007 at 3:56 pm

7 Dirty Cougar : 07/31/2007 at 3:48 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~she isnt ‘NORMAL THIN’ like you say, my god she looks scary and saggy and ugly. You need glasses Mister Cougar…ETC..

HEY!!!!!! @ 07/31/2007 at 4:01 pm

Having the surgery should have been scarier then what people would think. It is a very dangerous surgery.

Big hat. Big teeth. That photographer really went all out to make her look even smaller.

She’d be better off if she’d gotten a brain transplant. She’s still a fat r*tard b*tch on the inside and I wish she’d lose the other 160 lbs and disappear already.

_______________________________________________________________

I don’t like the way she looks…Never had, something about her face, her eyes I just can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, I think she lost too much weight, because now her skin is loose and saggy, and no amount of weighs, crunches is gonna tone that up. She should have had her arms done also

GIVE HER A BREAK !

lorenawoods @ 07/31/2007 at 4:06 pm

give her a break my ass!!! she’s a fckn liar and has lost all credibility, in other words, she commited career suicide! all by her ownself!

scary hideous liar

I agree, she’s a liar and loser IMO. I’ve never liked her. She had a hard time admitting her weight problem in the first place.

She gets on my nerves. At least Oprah admits her issues.

She is one nasty looking H0 with her nasty bulging eyeballs and ashy armpits. I’m so glad that she was fired from the View. I wish that she and her gay husband would just disappear.

Why does she have to tell anybody how she lost the weight! Rosie O’Donnell was the one most bent out of shape about Star not talking about it. She doesn’t work in the weight loss field so why is it anybodys business!!

She wrote a 200+page book saying she changed her body with diet swimming and pilates.

WHO CARES WITH A NASTY UNPROFESSIONAL TALK SHOW HOST WITH A GAY HUSBAND?…YUCK!! I DON’T BUY HER STORY…

Dirty Cougar @ 07/31/2007 at 4:25 pm

@ #9
You mean Mrs. Dirty Cougar! F@CK Face!

#19
If you had bothered to really read what was irking Rosie it wasn’t the surgery but Stars book on weightloss that she penned and released never mentioned she lost the weight due to gastric by pass. Rosie was pointing out that Star was misleading the public with her book. she called Star to confess the truth.. even Stars friend Al Roker was trying to make star come clean..but she kept denying it even to her friend Al who BTW recommended the doctor who did the bypass on him. Everyone knew after that.. its was her misuse of information with her weight loss that got people annoyed..especially those that bought her book.

[~Famous~] @ 07/31/2007 at 4:26 pm

6, I don’t recall saying I hate Star. Even though I do Hate Star, but I didn’t say it. uh

She NEVER said she lost the weight through dieting. She just never said anything about how she lost it. That book was about being healthy after the weight lost not about how she lost it.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All