Jennifer Garner to Hit Broadway

Jennifer Garner to Hit Broadway

Edmond Rostand‘s Cyrano de Bergerac will be revived on Broadway for a ten-week run in October at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.

Cyrano de Bergerac is a romantic classic about the lover-warrior with a heart as big as his unsightly, overlong nose.

Tony Award winner Kevin Kline and Jennifer Garner (Alias) are currently in negotiations to play the roles of, respectively, Cyrano and Roxane.

WILL YOU BUY TICKETS to watch Jennifer Garner on Broadway?

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

first. and i love jen, good for her!

[~Famous~] @ 08/01/2007 at 1:31 pm

If you cant do it on the big screen, there’s Broadway. Lol

What happened to the mommy show?

My bet is she’ll do just as well as Julia Roberts did on Broadway.

Anonymous @ 08/01/2007 at 1:36 pm

She has a lot of charisma and that usually works well on Broadway.

HottieTottie @ 08/01/2007 at 1:37 pm

Good Lord. What a waste! Surely Broadway could find SOMEONE with a little talent without resorting to this?

i’m more interested that Kevin Kline will be in it.

Oh god, she’s terrible outside of Alias. She’s totally going to ruin a great role!

Dirty Cougar @ 08/01/2007 at 2:06 pm

Does SCANDALMOGER think Jen can sing? Where is Scandalmonger? Christ! I need a good laugh!

HEY!!!!!! @ 08/01/2007 at 2:18 pm

Cool – Cyrano de Bergerac is a cool classic and Kevin kline will do a good job at playing him. Jennifer will do a good job also.

I love Kevin, I havent heard about him in so long. Classic “A Fished called Wanda” one of the best movies ever!

she’s not all that great…no offense… theres other important issues in this world besides worrying about Jennifer g. We are the real celebs, because we are REAL people, who cares about making this world a better place.The more we care, the more we can help the poverty, starving children, sweat shops, feeding the poor, donating clothes,etc… Sit in ponder on that for a while…then you tell me if you would still by a ticket, instead of using the money for some good to help someone who really needs it. We don’t need to make the rich any richer.Live, Love and Laugh Often.Thank You to those who respond with a heart, and to those taking the time to read this. Have a wonderful day.

About the sweat shops, I meant getting children out of them, I forgot to add this.Children shouldn’t sweat in a no air condition place making clothes to benifit a rich celeb pockets…Peace :^)

Quiet Observer @ 08/01/2007 at 2:44 pm

I bet she can sing. I’m not jumping in line to buy a ticket, but I bet it will be good. Good for her for trying the stage. I’m sure working with a pro like Kevin Kline will make it easier. LOVE HIM.

ummm, naw I don’t see it. She’s not a good actress. Kevin Kline is good enough to carry them both.

@ 15, are you kidding me? not a great actress? u probably think paris hilton was awesome in house of wax! have u ever seen alias? then u will know she is a great actress

[~Famous~] @ 08/01/2007 at 3:14 pm

The ‘TV show’ Alias makes her a ‘great’ actress? Lmao I guess all that other cra’p she’s done doesnt count.

BECKY SMITH @ 08/01/2007 at 3:16 pm

HOW DID SHE GET THIS JOB? IN NEW YORK CITY?
IS SHE STILL DOING THE MOMMY SHOW?
WHAT IS THE THEATRE ?

I think she’ll be great…I would go see her!

PAY ME i’ll go. Ill bring my sleep tabs along.
Garner on BROADWAY? PLEASE NO!

I’ve heard her sing and she’s good. She sang a song on some CD for charity. Not the best, but she could carry this part. Good for her for trying something new.

If she’s supposed to be on Broadway in October…I’m guessing this puts those preganacy rumors to rest!

You can watch Garner singing here:
Nothing special, dilettante. Her Alias co-star Mia Maestro (Nadia) sings much better.

New York Post about Garner in “Cyrano de Bergerac”:
“Garner, the sexy star of TV’s “Alias” and wife of Ben Affleck, has been hunting around for a play for the last year or so, especially since her movie career hasn’t exactly taken off.

(“Elektra”? Yikes!)
She’ll play Roxanne, the witty, strong-willed French socialite with whom Cyrano is secretly in love.
Kline and Garner are said to be working for scale on Broadway, about $1,200 a week.”

tv is where she needs to be @ 08/01/2007 at 4:31 pm

Thanks but no thanks. I don’t wish to see Garner sing,dance or act.Neither one can she do well.
Garner should just go back to tv. That is where some people liked her.
Broadway,,don’t think so.
Kevin I can see.

Yes she can sing and dance.

hes the alcoholic @ 08/01/2007 at 5:32 pm