Whoopi Goldberg Joins 'The View'

Whoopi Goldberg Joins 'The View'

It’s official — Whoopi Goldberg will replace Rosie O’Donnell and join the ladies on The ViewBarbara Walters, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

“I’m really glad to be doing The View,” Whoopi said in a statement. “It’s a show I like with people I like, and I’m looking forward to it.”

“We are thrilled,” Babs said on today’s show. “She is creative, she is funny, she is an enormous talent.”

Whoopi officially joins The View the day after Labor Day, Sept. 4.

UPDATE: Sherri Shepherd wasn’t announced as a host because, as always, money negotiations didn’t work out. “They just couldn’t work out the money part of it,” an insider tells In Touch. “They weren’t willing to pay Sherri what she was asking for.” Sherri reportedly demanded at least $2 million, which insiders say is what Whoopi will receive for her first year on the air.

The View is also in talks with former CNN news anchor and syndicated radio host Jacque Reid.

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

whoopi!! she hasnt been workin 4 a while!!

suddenly i thought she died or something…

perfect choice – she’s so smart and edgy too – not afraid to speak her mind, but she’s not competitive.

Good Morning Baltimore @ 08/01/2007 at 12:22 pm

I thought they were announcing 2 new hosts today?

Rutrow, run for your life Elizabeth you thought Rosie was harsh. Ekkk!

Dirty Cougar @ 08/01/2007 at 12:25 pm

Great news for Whoopi! Love Whoopi! I just might watch the show now that, that big FAT PIG Rosie is leaving the show. Rosie has such a big F@CKING ugly mouth!

I *love* her! I think she’ll be a great “fit”. The others are so mainstream (for lack of a better term). Okay, they’re mundane, IMHO. She’s just what they need because at this point that show is on “life support”.

Yes, Whoopi is a good choice….

No on Sherri Shepherd, and would like to see Elizabeth replaced as soon as her contract is up!

I was really hoping Sherry Shepard would get the job. Whoopi is ok, but Sherry is much better.

I think she is a good choice for the view.

I love Whoopi! And she is opinionated, but she doesn’t force her opinions on people or disrespect others opinions. She doesn’t make her opinions out to be fact/law. Rosie is a publicity *****, Whoopi isn’t. Good for her!

They need some young blood and young generation points of view. Elisabeth is getting older. Whoppi just made the show menopausal. I like her but her addition just made the show look like 60 minutes. Where was Serena Alctchul or people like her? anyway the show has become more about them than the guests. It will be over soon if they don’t completely rehaul.

NoElizFanHere @ 08/01/2007 at 1:07 pm

I sure wish Eliz. was on her way out…

old hags? @ 08/01/2007 at 1:17 pm

They need to hire at least two twenty somethings. Hopefully with a conservative bent because you need a complete point of view not just one and young people are not usually thought to be conservative. the rest of the crew are slackers.

If Elisabeth left, there would be no more eye candy on that show.

An oscar-winning actress on The View…how odd. :o

An oscar-winning actress on The View…how odd. :o

I just might have to start watching now that they have Whoopi, How great.

Whoophi is just what’s needed….the conservative view is the mainstream so great that there is now someone who will balance that.

Thats such a waterdowned version of her. I miss the real whoopie.. the one I hear on her radio talk show in the mornings she is more vocal there.

I like Whoopi, she is a very good actress and is better than the rest of the ladies (i like Joy too) on the show.

They all need to go!!!!

Frenchy is ridiculously ageist.

take the view-out of our view @ 08/01/2007 at 3:27 pm

Whoopi I like. Lizardbithc I detest.
Therefore won’t watch,don’t watch.

Anonymous @ 08/01/2007 at 3:39 pm

Why didn’t you include that Jon Voight was on the View today and debunked Angelina’s claim that they would reconcile. Another one of her lies. Shame on you for not posting that, too.

i love whoopi i will difinitely watch the first ep she is on i normally dont watch the view but for her i will

Jon also said he and Angelina were taking it slow but were comunicating ..he was’nt just on The View. Okay.
He says he and AJ are reaching out and taking it slow through communication. But he will not disclose their relationship publicly anymore,he would not go that route.It would be between him and his kids,he LOVES them! And is very fond of Brad and his all of his grandkids.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All