Sniff Shiloh, Smell Great

Sniff Shiloh, Smell Great

Angelina Jolie recently dropped her legal battle with a perfume-maker who plans to name a fragrance Shiloh (her daughter’s name).

According to The Washington Post, Angie filed a note with the U-S Patent and Trademark Office earlier this year.

The Israeli/French perfume-maker, Symine Salimpour, indicated she was inspired by the Hebrew meaning of Shiloh, “his gift,” and not Angie and Brad Pitt‘s 13-month-old daughter.

Salimpour can now name the perfume as she pleases and has promised to donate five per cent of the profits to an Israeli organization that provides medical and educational services for disabled children.

Says Salimpour, “[The trademark battle] was just a huge misunderstanding. And besides having a baby named Shiloh — because this perfume, it is my baby — we can say we have two other things in common: We believe in human rights, and we love Brad Pitt!”

WE LOVE BRAD PITT TOO!

Photos: Marc Hom/Esquire
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Celebrity Babies, Shiloh Jolie Pitt

Neilson Barnard/Getty

809 Responses to “Sniff Shiloh, Smell Great”

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 833 » Show All

1. 101
    lurker Says:

Brad & Angelna in Avignon? It’s their old stomping ground. Brad was flying his plane there last year.

2. 102

85 be-cuz : 08/02/2007 at 4:38 pm
    ***********************
    If that’s true, then I stand corrected. But, if I recall correctly, Symine didn’t apply for a patent and the perfume wasn’t made known until after Shiloh was born. So, it would be natural for Angie & Brad to assume that Symine was trying to profit off their child since there was so much media hype surrounding her birth. And as Symine pointed out it was all a misunderstanding. From her statement that means to me she understood where Angie was coming from.

3. 103
    oh my Says:

lmao at so many jolie-pitt experts, angie doesn’t love shiloh, brad doesn’t love pax, only mickey loves pax, brad doesn’t have balls, angie is this, brad is that, yada yada yada. same ol ****.

4. 104
    JARED RULES Says:

I HAVE TO GIVE JARED PROPS FOR GIVING A CONTROVERSIAL THREAD BABY. HITS, HITS, HITS.

5. 105
    lurker Says:

6. 106
    Confused Says:

I had a few typos…I meant

It was proven this individual was NOT trying to make money off their child and It just seems they wanted to ensure this lady was not trying to pimp their daughter.

Unfortunately though, they would not have known any of this without going through the process they did.

7. 107
    CLINIQUA Says:

Sigh…..

jared, is someone filling in for you..?

This is old news we read from earlier this week – it also is designed to generate yet more negativity – and I have to tell you I’m getting darned tired of it – not you, just in general.

I support Brad and Angelina and your website because your website has always supported Brad and Angelina – but threads like this, I will have to skip…

….sorry I am waaay past the blob comments, AJ hates Shiloh comments and AJ and Brad think they’re God comments…it’s a beaten bloody horse at this point – and I won’t waste my time fighting people spewing the same sh*t they were spewing 8 months ago.

Not when there’s positivity elsewhere.

Just some advice, with the tabloid climate as it is, we need the old JJ kind of posts (frequency as well as positive great threads) now more than ever.

This kind of thread I’ll have to take a pass on. There really is no need to trumpet this old story across the web, and make Angelina seem like she’s beating up on small perfume makers in Israel – when she wasn’t. I’d rather have some old thread about the Stephen Klein photo shoot, or the O13 hollywood premiere Redux thread….you know…hot pics…good conversation…the kind of thread that makes me WANT to post and spend time here???

This isn’t a thread for me.

I’ll either be at the old one or elsewhere.

8. 108
    anon Says:

This is old news.

New pics of Brad & the kids. Very nice.

9. 109
    Estelle Says:

104 LOONIES – where is your meds? you forgot to take them today?

Geez, the first post for me to read backward. What a loonie.

Thank JJ for the new thread, Angie is so beautiful in that picture.

10. 110
    A THOUGHT Says:

97 GLO………You are a very very sick, i don’t even want to call you a person. you are the worst kind of evil,you don’t even know brad and angie.i guess you call your self glo ,because you have a dark soul.and maybe you want to glo but not with your sick attitude.you are a evil person i would not mention GOD’S NAME,IF you talk hateful about children and their parents.

11. 111
    African Girl Says:

27 LADY T : 08/02/2007 at 4:09 pm
    WHY DOES ANGELINA’S THREADS ALWAYS BRING OUT THE WORST IN PEOPLE WHO ARE SO SUPPOSE TO BE OPEN MINDED, HONEST, HARD WORKING AMERICANS LIKE HERSELF AND BRAD PITT. WHEN ONLY THE UNLEARNED, RIDICULOUSLY HATEFUL, AND PREJUDICED COME HERE TO REVEL IN THEIR DELUSIONAL DREAMS OF GLORY AS IF THEY HAVE WON SOME PRIZE OF VICTORY WHEN ITS ONLY POTS OF FOOLS GOLD.

******
    Short answer – She makes them feel bad about themselves.

Long Answer – These people KNOW AJ is prettier, wealthier and a much better person than they are and they do what any insecure person would do….try to bring her down by being dismissive of her good works, her good looks or try to find a sinister ulterior motive in whatever she does. She adopts a child…they call her insane coz in their own world; you have to be insane to want to love a child that isn’t yours. She helps the poor…they say she uses it for publicity. Honestly, it so easy to see that their hate speaks of who they are and not who AJ is.

12. 112
    information!!!! Says:

for your reading pleasure you smart AJ fans!!!

13. 113
    be-cuz Says:

94 African Girl : 08/02/2007 at 4:46 pm
    Isn’t Bon Jovi also suing for his name? So where is the outcry? Oh Wait I forgot Bon Jovi isn’t Angelina Jolie….so he can’t be accused of letting “It” get to his head.

_______________________–

This was already answered in #90

14. 114
    piper, with a low Says:

Curious…

We could hear a pin drop in the previous thread when a BAS sighting was reported and the Radar house rumor was squashed. But now, haters are coming out of their bags when Angelina tried to make sure that opportunists weren’t taking advantage of her youngest child, just like she did when she obtained internet domains with several combinations of her daughter’s name.

Haters, don’t hitch yourself to the back of someone who is actually functioning in the world; it won’t win you credibility. Besides, this woman is a perfume-maker… the last thing she needs is your stench!!

15. 115
    ashby Says:

115 CLINIQUA

I agree, it is old news and really much ado about nothing. Guess I will wait for a newer thread.

16. 116
    juju Says:

104 LOONIES : 08/02/2007 at 4:49 pm
    ______________

You are an excuse for a human being… You guys are no different than terrorists, like them you feed and spread hate.

17. 117
    YO CLINIQUEA Says:

********************************************************************
    Listen I post at JJB too, what do you think if we open an ezboard forum of the family? if you help me, we can do it. What do you say?

18. 118
    be-cuz Says:

100 Actually : 08/02/2007 at 4:48 pm
    84 belladonna : 08/02/2007 at 4:39 pm
    ==================
    lots of people hate her.
    It’s just an opinion.
    ———————————————————————
    That’s true of EVERY celebrity, bb. Insert a ‘name’ and you’ll find a pretty even fan/hater count for any famous person. And saying ‘lot’s’ of anything is a generalization, not an opinion.

That being said, if you don’t care for a certain celebrity why waste time posting on a thread dedicated to them? Just ignore it…logical right? And just because others can’t practice that same self control on the thread of an individual you like doesn’t mean you have to act like them.

________________________

So this can’t be a Symine Salimpour thread??

19. 119
    Confused Says:

106 be-cuz : 08/02/2007 at 4:50 pm
    83 Confused : 08/02/2007 at 4:39 pm
    Angelina is not bothered by it, so why are you??? If she is Angelina who doesn’t hold back and tells it like it is would say something about it, and she hasn’t yet.
    ————————————————————————
    I’m not bothered by any of it LMAO…I simply posted they went through the process in order to ensure this person wasn’t trying to make a dollar off their kid’s back. She obviously was able to prove that wasn’t the case in a court of law so AJ dropped her injunction. Simple and plain.

20. 120
    African Girl Says:

96 Glo : 08/02/2007 at 4:47 pm
    This says more about you and what kind of life you’ve lived than it does on what you think is happening in the JP household.

I know I shouldn’t because you probably have no idea how messed up you are….but i feel sorry for you.

21. 121
    African Girl Says:

120 be-cuz : 08/02/2007 at 4:57 pm
    94 African Girl : 08/02/2007 at 4:46 pm

_______________________–

This was already answered in #90

**********
    ehmm..er..yeah, okay.

22. 122
    LOL!!!! Says:

I see that THE CULT MEMBERS ARE GOING STRONG.

I HOPE YOU ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR GURU, BECAUSE SHE NEEDS HELP.

By the way, AJ did not invent the name SHILOH!!!!!

I would recommend that some of you read, read, read. It helps !!!!

23. 123
    be-cuz Says:

109 Thank You : 08/02/2007 at 4:52 pm
    85 be-cuz : 08/02/2007 at 4:38 pm
    ***********************

_____________________

That is correct.

24. 124
    Me Says:

Brad and Angie sighting on july 29, 2007.

I am now in Aix en Provance at language school which is good but challenging. Not much to report as yet apart from my major celebrity sighting yesterday – we were having lunch at a restaurant close to our school and the waitress told us that brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie & Shiloh were at the pattiserie next door. Of course I had to check it out so went & bought something & it was indeed them!!! She is quite skinny & was waeqring a black dress & sunnies, and he had a hat & sunnies on. The baby is gorgeous (of course) and
    Robyn & I at the lookout in Nice
    interstingly they were alone – no body guards or paparazzi. For this reason I didnt take any photos. Its interesting tho – if they can get time alone it does mean that it IS possible to get away from cameras, but maybe its just in France. Anyway, we saw them pack up their car & drive away, just like any other family. And yes it was them, I saw her tattoos & heard her speak to Shiloh.

25. 125