Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Brad Pitt scooped up the Best Actor award at the Venice Film Festival for his role as America’s most notorious outlaw in The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

“I was stunned,” Brad said. “My first reaction was, ‘Huh?’ I did not expect it. It’s a great honor. I am honored to be part of the list of actors who won this award. I’m still processing this.” Congratulations, Mr. Bradley!

Pitt‘s Babel co-star Cate Blanchett also picked up best actress for her role in the biopic of Bob Dylan, I’m Not There. Both Brad and Cate couldn’t make it to the awards ceremony.

Ang Lee‘s Lust, Caution won the Golden Lion for best film, just two years after winning with Brokeback Mountain.

Put on your dancing shoes, it’s time to party!

Pictures below include Angelina Jolie picking up son Maddox, 6, from his French school in NYC’s Upper East Side on Friday afternoon.

angelina jolie carrying maddox 01
angelina jolie carrying maddox 02
angelina jolie carrying maddox 03
angelina jolie carrying maddox 04
angelina jolie carrying maddox 05
angelina jolie carrying maddox 06
angelina jolie carrying maddox 07
angelina jolie carrying maddox 08
angelina jolie carrying maddox 09
angelina jolie carrying maddox 10

Photos: Francois Durand/Getty, Brian Flannery/Flynet, Fpix/Mike DiSciullo/Bauer-Griffin
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Celebrity Babies, Maddox Jolie Pitt

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 713 » Show All
piper, with a low @ 09/08/2007 at 3:53 pm

37 mak : 09/08/2007 at 3:46 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That fool is oblivious; it won’t register with him.

Missouri Fan @ 09/08/2007 at 3:55 pm

ANGELINA JOLIE-MY HEART,MY LOVE INTERVIEW

CONGRATULATIONS BRAD PITT. YOU EARNED IT!! I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE AND BUY THE DVD. THE MOVIE WILL BE SHOWING HERE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS ON SEPT. 21st. YAY!!

CHEERS TO ALL THE BAMPZS!

WOW — kudos to Brad, Cate AND Ang Lee (I’m sure Tony Leung gets a lot of credit for that win!} “Lust, Caution” is coming in at NC-17 — should be very, very hot!

36 Help : 09/08/2007 at 3:46 pm

Pitt and especially Casey Affleck who plays the coward Ford, give
Oscar-worthy performances although both seemed slightly uncomfortable about the accolades offered them at a jammed Four Seasons Hotel Saturday before the screening.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
what this means?
———————————————–
It means neither really want all the attention they are being given by the press. I suppose they would much rather have the attention on the film in its entirety…everyone who participated, not just them.

originaltruth @ 09/08/2007 at 3:59 pm

Congratulations, Brad!!!

the real tita @ 09/08/2007 at 4:02 pm

Ang Lee’s movie had real sex scenes in it that’s why it won. AOJJ was robbed!

Anyway, congrats Brad. So nice to be recognized at last!

Andrómeda @ 09/08/2007 at 4:06 pm

He is a great actor, I hope he wins more awards.
If the article is correct and Angie is there, they are going to celebrate tonight!!.

thanks jared.

52 MISSOURI FAN:Thanks missouri fan you are getting so good at this,love all the videos keep the good work up,love them.

he’s fug and old

58 the real tita : 09/08/2007 at 4:02 pm

Ang Lee’s movie had real sex scenes in it that’s why it won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EEEEEWWWWW!!!!! That’s not true — I hate it when people say that about AJ and Banderas. It’s not fair to Tang Wei and Tony Leung to make that statement. It took 12 days on a closed set to film the sex scenes in “Lust, Caution.” If it was real as you say — why so long?

52 Missouri Fan : 09/08/2007 at 3:55 pm
ANGELINA JOLIE-MY HEART,MY LOVE INTERVIEW

____________________________________________________

That was great i like the song i know it was used in the film but i don’t know the name do you or anyone else

Whoo hoo, Congratulations Brad,
If Angie is indeed in Toronto, there will be some jungle sex tonight.

He’s a great actor and it’s about time he gets the recognition he deserves.
Congratulations Brad!

I see gold in the future. Oscars and Globes! Woohoo Brad (Jesse) & Angelina (Marianne). Congrats

66 Ameena : 09/08/2007 at 4:10 pm
Whoo hoo, Congratulations Brad,
If Angie is indeed in Toronto, there will be some jungle sex tonight.

———-
but angie is not in toronto
she is with the most important people in the world her kids

originaltruth @ 09/08/2007 at 4:14 pm

Brad and Angie, you should keep doing your thing – box office or no box office. Continue doing good quality and meaningful films like AMH. I hope AMH does extremely well overseas. We need such films.

52 Missouri Fan : 09/08/2007 at 3:55 pm
ANGELINA JOLIE-MY HEART,MY LOVE INTERVIEW

~“““““““““““`
Thanks Missouri Fan, I love that movie she and Ryan Phillipe were great in it.

As a parent of an adult student, I’m pleased to see them settling down with these children and the eldest being enrolled in a private school.

What perplexes me, however, is how did the paparazzi in a city the size of New York know this child was attending this particular school (as all cameras are setup and ready to roll) and that was Maddox’ first day of attendance?

Obviously, even Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have publicists who release private information on their underage children for publicity for themselves….shame on them! It’s one thing for actors to be media whores for themselves but the children need to be protected from the paparazzi and not appear on magazine covers even for philanthropic contributions!

Missouri Fan @ 09/08/2007 at 4:15 pm

Reposting my post from the last thread.

254 Missouri Fan : 09/08/2007 at 3:36 pm
Hi originaltruth and spunky!!

I doing pretty good can’t complain.
Thank you ladies for asking. And
How about you ?

I don’t know if you see my flower garden video, my souvenir to myself.

Here’s the link.. and thank you for the rating & comments in advance.

ALSO, click my name MFChar on the youtube and tell me what you think of my channel background ? especially You sharon !!

THANK YOU!!

LOVE ANGELINA @ 09/08/2007 at 4:16 pm

GO BRAD GO BRAD GO BRAD GO BRAD GO BRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I am doing the cabbage patch*

So happy for him. I feel like there is gonna be celebrating going on. So happy for him. Brad really is a great actor and now I have to see this movie.

69 why : 09/08/2007 at 4:13 pm

—————–
Again, if you can not produce visual evidence of Angelina’s whereabouts STFU…you don’t know where she is, ya nut LMAO.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 713 » Show All