Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Brad Pitt scooped up the Best Actor award at the Venice Film Festival for his role as America’s most notorious outlaw in The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

“I was stunned,” Brad said. “My first reaction was, ‘Huh?’ I did not expect it. It’s a great honor. I am honored to be part of the list of actors who won this award. I’m still processing this.” Congratulations, Mr. Bradley!

Pitt‘s Babel co-star Cate Blanchett also picked up best actress for her role in the biopic of Bob Dylan, I’m Not There. Both Brad and Cate couldn’t make it to the awards ceremony.

Ang Lee‘s Lust, Caution won the Golden Lion for best film, just two years after winning with Brokeback Mountain.

Put on your dancing shoes, it’s time to party!

Pictures below include Angelina Jolie picking up son Maddox, 6, from his French school in NYC’s Upper East Side on Friday afternoon.

angelina jolie carrying maddox 01

• Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 813 » Show All
coalharbourqt @ 09/08/2007 at 4:33 pm

Woo hoo! I hope this is the first of a long line of awards for Brad in this film. What better news could we ask for as Brad prepares for the premiere in Toronto :D I can’t wait to see this film!

Obviously, even Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have publicists who release private information on their underage children for publicity for themselves….shame on them! It’s one thing for actors to be media whores for themselves but the children need to be protected from the paparazzi and not appear on magazine covers even for philanthropic contributions~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh plese another “concern troll” — the paparazzi stand outside their door 24/7 and then they FOLLOW them, or they do their research and know that Mad has been in Lysee for almost 2 years in LA. The idea that Cindy would call paparazzi is so laughable — this is the man who got the airspace over the site of his wedding restricted for the day. to ANY flights.

ROTFLMFAO!!

Andrómeda @ 09/08/2007 at 4:33 pm

KK1: ITA. My words, exactly. Thanks for responding to Kira.
Anyone knows web sites of newspapers of Toronto?, thanks in advance.

The whole family went to Europe for the festival why wouldn’t they go 1hr away to Toronto?
Angie is going to the festival tonight with Brad. They always support each other in everything. The only time Angie didn’t go was when they were in India and Brad went by himself to Canada for Babel.

Hottest Couple Ever @ 09/08/2007 at 4:35 pm

Way to go, Brad! Yes!

104 gigi : 09/08/2007 at 4:34 pm

————-
because angie is upset with brad and she prefer stay in home with her kids, not with a man that only speak about his x and not defends the mother of his kids.

100 Observer2 : 09/08/2007 at 4:32 pm
98 Lady G : 09/08/2007 at 4:29 pm
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ROTFLMFAO!!

coalharbourqt @ 09/08/2007 at 4:37 pm

Hi Guli – Red Carpet is 8:30 pm EST. Still working on finding a web cam and not having any luck whatsoever.

This is the official TIFF website, but can’t seem to locate any cams here:

Nisha, the original @ 09/08/2007 at 4:37 pm

106 – OK, it’s official. This person’s an idiot. I truly hate to say this, but: IGNORE THE TROLL!

Kira,

I think you’re being rather harsh and that your assertion are based on a lack of understanding. It’s well known that AJ doesn’t have a publicist. Manhattan is populous, but not so big that people can’t get around quickly (I know first-hand — I’ve lived there). The paps can follow them from their home, since where they live is no secret. They also often get tips from insiders at those locations (even schools, no?). And the Jolie-Pitts past behavior has shown that that seem careful & protective about raising their kids, even under their circumstances; and planting stories would be inconsistent with what you suggest. The fishbowl is inevitable given who they are and the resulting the public interest. (Hey, *we’re* checking out the pics & commenting on them…) The paps follow them always — not just on the first day of school.

BTW, there are also very good public schools (you message suggests a bias for private schools) and I wouldn’t venture to make judgement on their school choice — and on the Jolie-Pitts in general. We may see them in the media, but we don’t really know them, afterall….

Cheers,
Lib

99 guli : 09/08/2007 at 4:32 pm

Hey Guli..how are you?

the real tita @ 09/08/2007 at 4:38 pm

#64: Katya, when Angie made Original Sin, Melanie Griffith never left the set. She was making sure her husband behaved. So that was a hot scene but because it was Angie, they said it was for real.

In Ang Lee’s movie, I think somebody already questioned him about the reality of the scenes. I have to find that link because I think he turned the question back to the inquirer and asked, “what do you think?”. Something along the lines of to make it look real, it has to be real. Maybe he was just trying to create more intrigue for his movie so people’s interest will be piqued but he never did give a straight answer. Whether on purpose or not, maybe he was leaving it to the viewer’s imagination nobody knows. For me I say there are real sex scenes in it until proven otherwise. I’ll apologize if I misjudged.

coalharbourqt @ 09/08/2007 at 4:39 pm

There is some good blogging of TIFF here too:

109 Nisha, the original : 09/08/2007 at 4:37 pm

———————————
I know LMAO!!!! It’s hard not to want to reach through the computer just to see the moron’s that type some of this ****.

I’m not acknowledging that kook anymore. Hopefully they are far from both NY and Toronto. Wouldn’t want the Jolie-Pitts to accidentally bump into her.

Mr and Mrs Smith @ 09/08/2007 at 4:41 pm

CONGRATULATIONS BRAD PITT!!! ALSO CONGRATS CATE, AND ALL THE OTHERS.

Thanks for the new thread Jared. :) :) :)

coalharbourqt @ 09/08/2007 at 4:43 pm

These guys will have some good coverage:

I wonder who is this crazy chick “why” ?
any guesses??? It’s some poster trying to **** with us, nobody is this stupid.

104 gigi : 09/08/2007 at 4:34 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think she was in LA for thet TIFF gigi but in India when “Babel” premiered. BP says to an interviewer who asks “she is home with the little one.”

Nisha, the original @ 09/08/2007 at 4:44 pm

#115 – Insanity – LOL.. It’s too much.

Here’s a place that may have some live videos of the RC at TIIF:

114 Hmm : 09/08/2007 at 4:41 pm

Oh honey, please, leave that sh*t on FF. You know what those b*tches are like over there. They’re not just seriously disturbed, they’re criminally insane. If one of those lunatics on FF came within 100 yards of my kid, I’d call an Amber Alert.

Missouri Fan @ 09/08/2007 at 4:45 pm

spunky

Here’s the answer

Bran Van 3000
title: Drinking In L.A.

FLAG FLAG FLAG!!!

FLAG FLAG FLAG THOSE VILE POSTS!

Hottest Couple Ever @ 09/08/2007 at 4:46 pm

coalharbourqt or guli
when are we celebrating BLD????

Now I’m confused: Is Angelina in Toronto, or did she stay in NYC with the kids? And if she’s in Toronto, are the kids there as well?

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 813 » Show All