Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Pitt Wins Top Venice Award

Brad Pitt scooped up the Best Actor award at the Venice Film Festival for his role as America’s most notorious outlaw in The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

“I was stunned,” Brad said. “My first reaction was, ‘Huh?’ I did not expect it. It’s a great honor. I am honored to be part of the list of actors who won this award. I’m still processing this.” Congratulations, Mr. Bradley!

Pitt‘s Babel co-star Cate Blanchett also picked up best actress for her role in the biopic of Bob Dylan, I’m Not There. Both Brad and Cate couldn’t make it to the awards ceremony.

Ang Lee‘s Lust, Caution won the Golden Lion for best film, just two years after winning with Brokeback Mountain.

Put on your dancing shoes, it’s time to party!

Pictures below include Angelina Jolie picking up son Maddox, 6, from his French school in NYC’s Upper East Side on Friday afternoon.

angelina jolie carrying maddox 01
angelina jolie carrying maddox 02
angelina jolie carrying maddox 03
angelina jolie carrying maddox 04
angelina jolie carrying maddox 05
angelina jolie carrying maddox 06
angelina jolie carrying maddox 07
angelina jolie carrying maddox 08
angelina jolie carrying maddox 09
angelina jolie carrying maddox 10

Photos: Francois Durand/Getty, Brian Flannery/Flynet, Fpix/Mike DiSciullo/Bauer-Griffin
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Celebrity Babies, Maddox Jolie Pitt

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 913 » Show All
originaltruth @ 09/08/2007 at 4:48 pm

I love the video, MF. Thanks.

coalharbourqt @ 09/08/2007 at 4:48 pm

This has blogging and podcasts – maybe we will hit the jackpot here:

the real tita @ 09/08/2007 at 4:48 pm

#72: kira, you should really ask how people from in and out of town found out and knew where and when to go.

However, I’ll answer you. Everybody who follows the saga of the JP’s will have that information. They can guess accurately that there is only one school that Maddox will go to because even here in this blog, everybody’s talking about it. It’s the same school that Maddox has been going to in the US and in Europe. If you were the media, you would certainly know that. Pictures mean money, M-O-N-E-Y. Why wouldn’t they stake out the school? Besides, how hard could it be to ask when the first day of school is? There’s such a thing as a phone and the Internet.

Why would the Jolie-Pitts call the papz so they could money off them and disturb their peace? They don’t need any more press. They already are the most sought after family so why should they advertise some more?

126 Jill : 09/08/2007 at 4:46 pm
Now I’m confused: Is Angelina in Toronto, or did she stay in NYC with the kids? And if she’s in Toronto, are the kids there as well?
——————
we don´t know sure
but the 99,9% probably is that angie is in not in toronto and I dont understand this because the whole family went to venice that is in europe and don´t go to toronto that s near?¿
some happend here, angie read the v interview I think

104 gigi : 09/08/2007 at 4:34 pm

The whole family went to Europe for the festival why wouldn’t they go 1hr away to Toronto?

Maybe because it is only an hour away.
During the Palm Springs festival which was honoring Babel and it’s cast, Angelina was in LA and did not go. She went to two festivals. She does not have to go to all of them

114 Hmm : 09/08/2007 at 4:41 pm

============================================

Why would you bring garbage like that, here?

I am flagging that vile post — so be warned!

Mrs. Lenny @ 09/08/2007 at 4:52 pm

~NUTSHA THE ORIGINAL.

114 Hmm : 09/08/2007 at 4:41 pm
____________________________

You just had to bring that here didn’t you? You are just as bad as they are. Jared has been alerted.

Missouri Fan @ 09/08/2007 at 4:54 pm

117 coalharbourqt : 09/08/2007 at 4:43 pm
These guys will have some good coverage:

*****************

Thanks for that link. I’m watching it now.

I’m back to add a big congratulations to Cate Blanchett for her role as BOB DYLAN. All those artisically clueless haters who were ranting on Angelina for portraying Marianne Pearl, well here we have a woman portraying a man in a film and she wins a Festival prize.

Why – Angie is not a silly woman to get upset over such silly things such as Brad saying he maintains a deep friendship with Jen. If anything it just shows maturity. She talks to both her ex’s I don’t think she would have a problem if Brad and Jen talked.
Doesn’t it seem silly to you that she would be upset? if it doesn’t then I’m sorry you are just foolish.
You are a hater because fans know that Angie thought process is way beyond all these supposed stories.

he was inlove while filming AOJJ.now,count down to the GG AND OSCAR.

Hiya Coal, aeon—I am just having a ball!!! This is such great news and can’t wait for the pics fro RC. Hey coal, I’ll keep on looking too..
Hey where is A2B :-)

MF–I don’t know if you posted this yet. This one is new with great new pics…I posted it at JJB forgot to here at my home base JJ’s :oops:

Observer2 @ 09/08/2007 at 4:55 pm

132 Lady G : 09/08/2007 at 4:51 pm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They’re a troll from FF. They got the job done that they were sent over here to do.

Nisha, the original @ 09/08/2007 at 4:55 pm

#133 – WTF? Got a problem with me? Or, do you just dislike my username?

obviously,momma anjie was his lucky charm.weeeeeeeee.

136 gigi : 09/08/2007 at 4:54 pm

———–
ok, I too think that angie is a open mind women and understand what he say about aniston, but when she said this about her ex she too said so much lovely things about brad and this is the important what do yo say about the present.
but brad not said nothing about angie and in the premiere in the venice he is not sweet with her, and maybe she read the interview and feel bad.
like other person if you said so much lovely thing about your partner and he don´t say anything THIS HURT, and angie is human

131 Lady G : 09/08/2007 at 4:51 pm
________________________

IATP, maybe you mean no harm or your someone who wants to start trouble which is pretty sad.. that will mean i.o.w that your life revolve around this nonsense.

Either way I enjoyed the last thread pretty much there was no to little disturbance except with the “why” poster but almost everyone ignored him/her I mean his/her vocabulary is a such disgrace they’re not even worth responding to just flag…

And if the drama is over there why bring it here.

130 why : 09/08/2007 at 4:49 pm
some happend here, angie read the v interview I think
********************************************************

Honey, let me clue you in on something: Angelina has never given a flying f*art what the magazines say about her and Brad and she sure as hell isn’t about to start caring now.

Second thing I’m going to clue you in on is that you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Brad said Fugly Jenny is a good friend. So what? That’s “good friend” as in “just friends, nothing more”. It’s a polite way of kicking an ex to the curb, and if you’re too stupid to see that, well, I can’t help you.

From reading your posts here I’m starting to believe you are either seven years old or you have the mental/emotional competence of a seven-year-old. In either case, your writing skills are atrocious. The phrase should be “something happened here”, not “some happend here”.

You really need to read more.

and norman and daisy are screammmin to the blue lagoon.hehehe.

Can someone tell me whens the TIFF premiere??

Andrómeda @ 09/08/2007 at 5:03 pm

coal: thanks for all the links. You work hard lady!!.
May be is true and Angie is there with Brad. Is saturday, so Maddox doesn´t have school, plus Toronto is so close to NY…

From Variety @ 09/08/2007 at 5:03 pm

‘Lust’ wins top prize in Venice
Brad Pitt wins best actor for ‘James’
By STUART OLDHAM
Posted: Sat., Sep. 8, 2007, 1:28pm PT

‘Lust’ wins top prize in Venice
Brad Pitt wins best actor for ‘James’
9/8/07 1:28pm

ThinkFilm nabs ‘She Found Me’
Helen Hunt’s directorial debut sold in Toronto
9/8/07 11:19am

Weinstein Co. buys ‘Boy’ at Toronto
Film adapted from Jonathan Trigell novel
9/7/07 9:29pm

Haifa fest to honor Sophie Marceau
Actress’ directorial debut ‘Trivial’ to screen
9/7/07 7:57pm

Lantos promoting at Toronto fest
Canadian film mogul also speaks of Alliance deal
9/7/07 3:47pm

Next >> Ang Lee’s controversial new drama, “Lust, Caution” took home the Golden Lion award for best picture at the Venice film festival on Saturday. Lee, who directed another Golden Lion winner from two years ago (“Brokeback Mountain”), was said to be “overwhelmed” with the news.
Meanwhile, Brad Pitt surprisingly nabbed the award for best actor for his role in “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” Pitt’s co-star, Casey Affleck, had been the rumored to be the favorite but the honor went to Pitt, who plays the ill-fated James.

Brian De Palma won the Silver Lion award for best director for his graphic new film, “Redacted,” which tells the true story of the rape and murder of a 14 year-old Iraqi girl by U.S. soldiers, while Todd Haynes’ much-publicized Bob Dylan biopic made peace with a runner-up prize for best picture.

OMG I LOVE THIS! @ 09/08/2007 at 5:03 pm

Here’s to Angelina congratulating Brad.

I sense a nomination easily for the Globes and most likely The Academy Awards.

How cool would it be for Brad & Cate to be nominated again for their roles? I love Cate and think she is one of the premiere actress working in films today. But there is a problem for me, Angelina & Cate in the same acting category. I love them both. They are so different but in many ways so alike!

Here’s to Brad winning at the TIFF.

Angie + Brad are one. You think the mag will hit the stand before Angie knows what’s in it, you’re joking. Plus Angie is a good person!
Congrats Brad and Angie!!!

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 913 » Show All